Start by marking “Corrupt Desires” as Want to Read:
Corrupt Desires

Corrupt Desires

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  185 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
Phee knows that girls like her don’t get the fairytale…

Falling for a man like Bryant Holbrook is just begging for heartbreak. Rich boys don’t look twice at waitresses from the fog, at least not until now. One smart-mouthed taunt and his turquoise eyes are all over her. That cocky, bad boy grin tempting her with the impossible.

It should have stayed a one-night stand.

Now, it
Published July 9th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Corrupt Desires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corrupt Desires

Alaina Meserole
Started off slow.. but then I started to like it.

Corrupt Desires is about Phee and Bryant. Phee, a hardworking waitress, is trying to stay on this amazing work grind so that she can survive this thing called life. Well, it was going kind of swell.. until she met Bryant. Oh man, did she irk him one night. After a few comments of him not looking for the right girl to challenge him.. he asked for her number.

Now this romance wasn't all kind of fluffiness. No, it was a bit confusing in the beginning
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started this with the intentions of reading a chapter or two before I fell asleep. I ended up staying awake until the wee hours to finish it. It was that good.

Phee is a young girl working hard as a waitress to survive. Like all girls she dreams of the fairytale romance. Bryant is a hot alpha rich guy. He’s not looking for a girl but Phee and her smart mouth has him in a tizzy.

This is a brilliant read. It’s an intense standalone with lots of twists.
I’ve got to say I’m so glad I didn’t know t
PointedlyBlunt
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
The story takes place in a dystopian world where the setting is split between The Fog - the poor side where the sky is never seen - and downtown, the cleaner side that caters to those with money. The main character, Phee, is from The Fog but works at a cafe downtown. One day she waits on a downtown man, Bryant, who becomes intrigued by her and talks her into a date. When Bryant flakes out after their night together, Phee becomes convinced he’s just a jerk that decided to toss her aside, but Brya ...more
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 1/2 ⭐'s

I have to admit that when I started this book I was really really confused and to be honest it didn't end -the confusion that is- Phee is a waitress in the lower end of town (the fog). She doesn't believe in fairytales or a better life. But for some reason, she is looking out into the "fog" (not the real fog) and is dreaming of kings and queens. So when she has to go back to work she meets some men that are not very nice. And Phee has a mouth on her.

Bryant is one of those men. He seem
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
Whenever I read Jennifer Bene's books I can't help get swept up in her stories and the absolute alpha hot men and the sassy women that bring them to their knees. This story wasn't the usual dark flavor Bene writes with but it was just as delicious. I thought Phee and Bryant were sexy and so swoony.

I loved that story had a touch of a dystopian feel. I loved learning about the classes of people and the Fog. I was hooked and compelled from the very first page. Phee was my favorite part of this stor
M. Shane
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cinderella story.

Please, do NOT read the above in Bill Murray’s Caddyshack voice. For the novel Corrupt Desires, by Jennifer Bene, think more of a sexy Morgan Freeman-esque voice. That low timbre, growly, right to the solar plexus tone will fit the bill quite nicely not only as a descriptor for the main love interest for the protagonist of this story, but also because you’ll definitely want to be thinking sexy, as this novel has that in spades. This is a Cinderella story of sorts, but with darke
Gab
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I already loved Of Fog And Fire, the first version of this book. But it ended much too soon. This was my review at the time:
this is a fairy tale where the prince (Bryant) and Cinderella (Phee) topple the tyrannical stepmother (government).
With the help of their merry band of faithful helpers (ex-military, etc), they end up righting the wrongs and in charge of the future welfare of their subjects.
But since this story comes from Ms. Bene's pen, it has explosions, and kidnapping, and well placed of
Niki Roge
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you finish reading and realize it immediately transported you to another dimension, kept you captivated until the last page and then leaves you thinking about it for days later, you know you have just read a really good story. Jennifer Bene is known for her shockingly dark and super hot stories, however, this book does a fabulous job of showing her flexibility and skill as a writer. A tale with jam packed action, mystery and suspense showcases the author's talent to the max. A fabulous stor ...more
Madeleine East
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not expecting what I read but, I love it! I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire ride. Just when you think you know what's going to happen, you don't. There are twists and turns, BDSM, suspense & yumminess. So good that I finished it in one sitting.
Diane
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me all over the place. In a good way. There was action and danger. Oh, it was hot also! Phee and Bryant are not your likely couple. From two different sides of the track. But through fate they found each other. It's emotionally charged. It took me on their journey through these two peoples lives. I loved the story! Towards the end have tissue for sure. In the conclusion, Phee and Bryant get their HEA despite all that they had to endure to get there.
Heather
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
I really liked Phee and Bryant's story! Phee is one of my favorite female leads so far. I loved her and Reagan! Bryant was also such a sweet, fierce man! I am usually not a fan of political type story lines but this one kept me interested and wondering what was going to happen next!
Ally's Book Reviews (Ally Vance)
4.5 Corrupted Stars

Jennifer displays an extreme versatility as a writer and is capable of creating a world and characters that keep you on the edge of your seat.

An excellent balance of story, character development for both the main characters and secondary characters, world building and of course a hot and desirable icing on the cake to give it a kick.

I LOVED the forbidden aspect to the relationship between the characters. A masterfully written seperation of class and status between Phee and Bry
Kat
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some books you read, and they're so good, wicked, and intense you have to put it down and take a break from it. Yeah, this is one of them. This book is a mind trip from the start. It take place over a good bit of time, and oh my Gods the things that happen. Phee and Bryant go through he!! in this one. Phee, in all of her softness has boldness, and is not one to be left behind in any situation, no matter how dangerous. And Bryant, her alpha match in every way, has a caring side, yet a really bada ...more
Tania  Desired Reads Bookblog
Phee (Ophelia) was born and raised in the Fog which is classified as the wrong side of the tracks.
She's sassy and can't seem to keep her mouth shut to save her life.
Bryant is the pretty rich boy who comes into the cafe where she works one day with his uncle and head of security.
She challenge him to take her on a date.
From there things get interesting and steamy between the two.
Can they survive all that is thrown their way??
Let me just say i Love Eastons character, he's the type of person you
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
When I started this book I wasn't expecting the depth and layers to the characters or the story itself.

Ophelia (Phee) is a girl born on the wrong side of the tracks or a better description would be a girl born under the fog. Less fortunate and forgotten, the citizens of the fog have struggled against the control of the upper-class for as long as Phee can remember. While her mother used to fill her head with fantasy and delusions, Phee grew up wishing for the impossible...a white knight in shin
Martha Lindblom
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, WOW, WOW. What a story. Originally this was called Of Fire and Ice which I read, but Jennifer has gone in and really changed and improved it. I will say she added more sexy scenes and gave you a deeper look into each of the characters. You will fall in love with Bryant and Phee along with Easton and Regan. I will not tell you about the story because I want you to read and enjoy like I did. I will say this is HEA. Enjoy.
Rhonda
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where do I start? This story had more emotions that I've read in a very long time. I can't really go into details without giving the story away but Jennifer Bene has added to this story a lot of things that just brought way more to the book. Phee and Bryant are written so well, you almost feel like you are going through this journey with them. I laughed, I cried, I got pissed off and my heart broke in parts of the book but it's more intense than it is dark. Do yourself a HUGE favor and get this ...more
Corrie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was more than I expected. I think readers who love conspiracy stories, stories about rebellion...will really enjoy Corrupt Desires.

Outside of the BDSM element, this wasn't my usual read, so I have to say it stretched me a little bit. But the underlying fact never wavered. I was highly entertained by the very spunky Phee, kept in suspense with the rebellion story line and all that entails and absolutely loved the BDSM relationship between Phee and Bryant and even Regan and Easton.

As
Badh
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Corrupt Desires is a great mix of romance, adventure, and intrigue, mixed with spicy sex, all of which combines to make a perfect story.

Phee and Bryant's story is the classic girl from the wrong side of the tracks meets boy from the right side of the tracks and they fall in love kind of story. Only it's so much more than that.

Phee takes two busses and a train to get from her apartment in the fog to work at a diner downtown. That way she gets to see a little bit of sun and blue sky every day. N
Louise

I really loved the dystopian world Jennifer created in Corrupt Desires. It felt like it could be set in our near future and whilst it's never made clear if this is meant to be Earth or some other world it really didn't matter. The writing, flow of the story and plot are all of the usual high standard i have come to expect from this author, overall I enjoyed this story.

For some reason, that I'm struggling to identify, this just didn't quite grab me as much as her work usually does. I think part o
Anne Baker
Her King Of Fire and Her Power Struggle

Now I know why I love Jennifer Bene’s Magnificent reads. Wow the inimitable Ms Bene does it again with this amazing, thrilling ride from start to finish! I just love this author she never disappoints, she keeps you glued to her superb reads for the whole journey. A journey you do not want to end! I highly recommend this magnificent page turner as a must read NOW!
Ophelia Everett aka Phee has a minimum wage job as a waitress. Her mom’s magical stories and lig
Rose Howse
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phee, a waitress from the fog working in a downtown restaurant meets Bryant, a man that lives and works with the COF. The Cabal of Freedom is really just the powers that be at the moment but they are ruthless and destroying the lives of those they think are below them. Bryant is more than he appears to be and once he meets Phee, he wants to be better and much more for her. Phee can't seem to understand that she really does have something of value to offer Bryant and once they have established th ...more
Hanan
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really love Ms. Bene’s books.
She’s a very talented author and storyteller.
She writes in many genres so it shouldn’t have surprised me that Corrupt Desires had a dystopian vibe to it.
It was an interesting storyline and plot to read and think about.
The characters are all fantastic!
Phee is a waitress who’s head is always in the sky.
She’s a dreamer and her mind instantly creates a fantasy around a person she sees or at a place she’s at. Her mom created fairytales of new worlds and unique superher
SBee Reviews
Review Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars

“Sinister control, greed for power, gritty truths and realities”

I received an Advance Reader Copy for CORRUPT DESIRES written by Jennifer Bene and voluntarily reviewed this book. I loved this story! This clearly demarcated society made for quite an engaging read! We have Phee who felt fortunate enough just to have a best friend to battle through her waitress shifts with at the Elsinore Café located downtown, a place where she can enjoy the sun, because where she
Terri Trawets
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This is quite an exciting, suspenseful, intriguing, fast-moving story. It easily grabbed me from page one, with the interaction between two people from totally different backgrounds, who share a deep sense of justice and caring. Then it got better!

Phee is the cute, smart girl from the wrong side of the tracks, in this case “from the fog.” Bryant is the attractive, wealthy gentleman from the “downtown” where the sun could still shine through. They connect quickly, because of her sassy mouth,
Space Cowgirl
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Big Brother👹🔫🔪 Is 👀Watching You

Sci-fi Adult Romance

Phee💃💋 lives in the lower, poor part of the city, where the fog never lifts. She takes a train and two buses to work at a diner that is above the fog. The sunshine mesmerises her and she spends too much time daydreaming.
Her boss, Alex, the chef, chastises her for making the customers wait. Her best friend thinks Alex wants to date Phee💃💋.

One day, Bryant🐺🍆🌋👋,a man she calls the sea God, comes into the cafe with two government men. His turquoise
Gin
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't stand it! This is sooo good! It has everything I want in a reading experience...an alternative world, a beautiful couple, hot BDSM elements, evil dudes, good guys, awesome action and adventure, and a spectacular plot. I was twitching in my seat and panting and engrossed to the exclusion of all else. It starts with terrific world building in this dystopian-like story with the sun versus the fog. The strife between the elite that can see the sun and the lowly fog people and the chasm betwe ...more
Heather
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Have to say when I started reading this book I expected something totally different. I was expecting a dark romance but instead it was more of a dark dystopian world and a romance between two people that were never supposed to interact with one another. Phee is from the Fog and Bryant is part of the higher ranking downtown with ties to the government. But when the two meet, none of that matters. That is until someone decides that the two classes should remain separate.
This story featured plenty
Katie Sullivan
Can Love Cross Any Boundry?

This is a complicated story that calls into question the price we pay when we love someone society says we shouldn't. When you add a commitment to a cause bigger than just you and the one you love you have to find a way to protect both.

Phee & Bryant love beyond reason but face a world that does not except them. As they challenge a corrupt government and a society that was built by the haves on the backs of the have nots they find themselves in incredible danger.

Th
Saskia
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story takes place in a world that is pretty similar to our world technology wise, but the city in which Phee and Bryant live is divided by fog. A chance to see the sky is only for the rich.

Phee is a wonderful character. She hasn’t had it easy in life, but she is determent to make each day count and doesn't give up. . She is strong and loyal to the people she loves. She is not perfect, but who is and that makes her more realistic.

And the saying don't judge a book by its cover`, is the perf
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Jennifer Bene is a USA Today bestselling author of dangerously sexy and deviously dark romance. From BDSM, to Suspense, Dark Romance, and Thrillers—she writes it all. Always delivering a twisty, spine-tingling journey with the promise of a happily-ever-after.

Don't miss a release! Sign up for the newsletter to get new book alerts (and a free welcome book) at http://jenniferbene.com/newsletter