Start by marking “Fetch (Odd Jobs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fetch (Odd Jobs, #1)

Fetch

(Odd Jobs #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  50 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Addison is running from a life she never wanted, but a chance meeting with a dog walker could lead her down a path she'd never thought possible.

The last thing Cole expected to find when he knocked on his clients front door was the answer to every teenage boy's wet dream.

Now he's determined to have Addison whether she likes it or not. But with pasts that won’t stay behind t
ebook
Published October 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fetch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fetch

Laundry
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, the full title of this book is Fetch (Odd Jobs #1) and I was immediately intrigued. I mean, what kind of romance is involved in odd jobs? I'm over here thinking he's like a cleaning guy or garbage man. But then my blondeness got the best of me. I reread the title and put two and two together. Addison and Cole's story is about letting go of the past, throwing away the cliche's and allowing yourself to be happy regardless of how hard it may be.

Story Line: So, the odd job part of this story? Co
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
A lot of heat in a small package…

Addison and Cole’s relationship began with a bit of chance and a little matchmaking but the sparks that flew were all theirs. This was a romance with a lot of smexy and humour right alongside it. Supporting characters provided a lot of the laughs especially Heather, Addison’s cousin. I liked all the characters, and obviously the romance was the focus, but I admit Heather often stole the show. Cole as well, with his low key job that he was uber-successful in, mean
Ann
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cute, fun read

One of the things I like about a hero in every story was his persistence. That he will do everything and will never give up that easily on the girl that he really loves. Well, Cole in this story was exactly that kind of hero. I liked his determination to get the woman he wants. And that's Addison.

“Addy, if you think you can run from me you have another thing coming. You can’t run away no matter how hard you try.”

If there is one thing they should both know about me, I don’t give
Michelle
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it

Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series by author AJ Alexander. Fetch is a contemporary romance novel, and one that I really enjoyed at that. It is also AJ Alexander's debut novel, and it deals with plenty of adorable dogs, so you know right off the bat that it is going to be a huge hit with me. And the story lived up to the adorableness of all the furry friends.

Fetch is the story of Addison and Cole. Cole is an interesting character. He is totally full of himself. It took me a while to w
Isha Coleman
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Alexander proves that she can hold her own. Fetch is full of captivating moments and scene stealing characters intent on finding a place in your heart. Life is about finding the humor in moments of darkness and heading toward the light. Addison and Cole are a lesson in life, love and moving forward. The scope is not always pretty but the wisdom we gain helps us keep our heads even as we lose our hearts. Sweet and sassy never hurts when dealing with heartache.
Hannah May Book Reviews
Oct 16, 2018 rated it did not like it

Synopsis:

Addison is running from a life she doesn't want, leaving behind her controlling father. Whilst staying with her cousin and best friend, she meets the handsome dog walker and business man, Cole.

The last thing either of them were looking for was love, yet they become infatuated with each other. However when the past comes back to haunt them, their chance of happiness is jeopardised.

Review:

The synopsis of the book gave nothing away but yet drew me in. I was eager to find about the charact
Books Laid Bare
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick and quirky romance that didn’t just lean on lust it found itself knee deep in what can only be described as a sea of emotion. The first in a new series, the author didn’t leave anything to chance, she loaded the story with everything you could possible want but that didn’t mean that it had everything that you could need because there were times when I thought that the story was a little one sided.
Cole and Addison both felt something for each other when they initially met but Cole was mor
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fetch was an amazing story packed in a short(ish) read that never seemed rushed in my opinion. I've read the amazing AJ Alexander teaming up with other author's in the past, but this is the first one by her lonesome. Her talented writing style shone through the pages, and if you knew me & how I felt about the short reads, it takes a lot for me to see them as perfect, because I'm a girl who wants a big book. Now, this is the story about Addison, who is trying to break free from her overbearin ...more
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
3.5 insta love stars!!

This is book one of the “Odd Jobs” series. No cliffhanger so can be read as a stand alone. I’m looking forward to the following books because I am definitely loving all the characters in this book.

This is a super fast romance read. I think the four main characters are funny and the author did a great job in the development of said characters with as short as the book was. I think Heather (the cousin/best friend) is like super cool except the way she treats Wyatt had me no
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I enjoyed this story from start to finish. A.J. Alexander did an amazing job on her first solo book. Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series. The story itself sucked me in from the beginning and didn't let go until the very end. I loved getting to meet everyone, but this book focuses on Cole and Addison.

It wasn't easy for these two to get to this point. At times, I wanted to punch Cole. He was cocky and arrogant. But in the end, he redeemed
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

Very predictable , but fun short story. Addison moves away from her controlling father and his expectations of her. She moves in with her aunt and cousin. She has a position as a teacher when school return after summer. She meets the dog walker Cole, sparks fly and complications start to happen.

Vickie is Cole's ex that won't leave him alone. They go on a double date, which ends badly with Vickie draped over Cole and her friend over Wyatt. Addy and Heather go to New York for some r
Amy Stephens
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Who can say no to a story about dogs!

Fetch is a unique story that turned out to be really cute. Seriously, Cole was pretty dang smart starting up his own dog walking service. The beginning was a little choppy for me as the author bounced around with the different characters introductions. But once Addison and Cole met, I couldn't help but to get sucked into the story line. Addison had her issues with her father and I wanted things to work out between her and Cole after a little matchmaking by he
Amy
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs series and the first solo book by AJ Alexander. This is a fast and hot romance book.

Cole is a dog walker. Addison is a future teacher. When Cole is out picking up dogs for their morning walks, Addison answers the door at the home of Cole’s client and his best friend, Heather’s home. It was instant lust (and possibly love) for Cole, Addison did not feel the same. Despite Cole’s heart being broken in the past and his man whore ways, he is willing to give al
Jenny Prose
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Fetch is the first book in the Odd Jobs Series and the first solo book by AJ Alexander.

This book follows dog walker Cole, and future teacher Addison as they figure something out about themselves, and each other. Cole doesn't just walk dogs, he owns his own business. Has an incredible condo makes lots of money and has Heather as his best friend. Cole is known as a man whore, but who can blame him after the women he loved crushed him.

Addison is a spoiled rich girl who's trying to get away
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, fast, and sweet with a nice bit a naughty thrown in Fetch is the kind of book you pick up and relax with. You’ve got ladies with plenty of sass and sexy men who would do anything for them along with puppies and the perfect bit of drama to keep you hooked start to finish in this book! I adored AJ Alexander’s writing in this. She perfectly balances the serious with the sweet and even funny with Addy’s cousin Heather around.
Cole definitely took his role as manwhore seriously, but that instan
Linda Ketter
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
*** 3.5 Stars ***

This was a cute story. Heavy on the romance, but it seemed one-sided. I liked the fact that Cole is a dog walker. This is such an ordinary job and he seems to be successful, but we didn't see a lot of him actually walking the dogs. I liked that Addison was trying to break free from her overbearing parents and assert her independence, but she was quick to acquiesce when her father found out she was in New York and insisted she visit. And then she believed the pictures she found o
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.8 stars.

Addison moved away from her parents to get away from her father's controlling ways. She wants to make it on her own. She comes from wealth, but with wealth comes expectations and her in particular, her crazy, do it my way or lose everything kinda dad.

Cole wants to live a happy life. He left school to start his own business as a dog walker. He's done very well for himself, and also because of a broken past relationship, he really doesn't do relationships. Until Addy.....

What I didn't un
Konny
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fetch by A.J. Alexander is book one in the Odd Jobs Series and tells Cole and Addison's story.
Cole is the born bachelor. He's a free spirit, women come and go and he works as dog walker.

Addison is a teacher with a overbearing father and is out by herslf for the first time in her life. When she meets Cole it's insta attraction at the first sight. Addison, like the goody two shoes she is, is reluctant, but Cole loves a good challenge. And a challenge she is.

Fetch is a rom/com, witty and fun with c
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
This is the first book by A.J. Alexander that I have read and I really enjoyed it.

This story was unique and overall really cute.

Addison is trying to make a life for herself and not what her parents want of her. She is living in California with her cousin and doing just that.

Cole owns his own business that just happens to be a dog walking company. He has really made a name for himself and also really loves what he does. Cole also has a reputation of being a man whore. When he meet Addison all
Nicole Ortiz
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, fun quick Insta-love story. Cole is a womanizing entrepreneur who was scorned by an ex. Addison is a woman trying to stand on her own and get out from under her father's reign. When these two meet there is banter between the two, but explosive chemistry. This was a fun read as they both try to make each other cave. This was quite a roller coaster between these two. You also get a little back story between Heather (Addisons cousin) and Wyatt friends of Cole.
I won an ARC and volu
Kelly Graham
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was just ok, filled in a few hours on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Cole seemed to fall for Addison in first seconds of meeting (bit unrealistic) then spent the majority of the book trying to make her his.
Addison was trying to escape her rich controlling father, her character was a bit up and down and cried too much for my liking.
Much preferred her cousin Heather as a character, she came across as funny and sassy.

Paula Browning
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book. It's one of those books that you want to read over and over again. It's an enemies to lovers book. Full of humor and romance. A.J. had definitely outdone herself on this one💖 I would definitely recommend it too. I mostly love how the playboy changes to a one woman man. A must read for anyone who loves a good romance.
Lizzi
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick romantic read that had me smiling most of the way through. Cole and Addison have an undeniable spark, but she is not interested. What will Cole have to do to show Addison that they should be together forever??? A great story!!! It was really nice to have a male hero, that was not a billionaire or deemed an alpha in this story!!!!
Pamela (Dreamer's Book Blog)
Cole has his own business walking dogs. He meets Addison while out walking a dog. Addison is a rich girl trying to assert her independence from her parents. These two fall in love and have pasts to overcome. Will Cole be able to settle down after being hurt by other women? Will Addison be able to become independent? A good romantic read, looking forward to more in this series.
Cindy Hughes
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fetch was a fun, sexy, entertaining read! I liked Cole and Addison! They made a wonderful couple! After one night together Cole decided Addison was the one, but she doesn’t want anything but fun. There are some misunderstandings that get in the way to their hea. I loved the side story of Heather and Wyatt. I hope to get to read their story!
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Addison and Cole meet the sparks fly, and he is determined that she is the one for him. True love never runs smoothly though, and the past comes back to haunt them both. This is a well written story, which is filled with drama, and is a sweet, sexy, and entertaining read. I was hooked and intrigued throughout, and look forward to reading more from this talented author, and I recommend her work for all readers!
Becky Wise
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fetch is a very cute romance. Cole isn't just a dog walker but the owner as well. He comes off as a play boy but he is loyal as they come. Once he meets Addison its all over for him. I love how he just knows his future is with her. Addison is running from her demanding father. She is trying to prove she doesn't need anyone to make her own life. Little did she know that Cole would enter the picture and turn her life upside down. Like all stories there is a little angst to be had. There is unrequi ...more
Haddie Harper
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The build up was amazing!!

I am easily pleased when it comes to guys and dogs. It was totally flip of the switch for Cole. He'd definitely given up on settling down, but one night with Addison changed everything. It is a roller coaster. The build up was amazing!! I am so happy I read this book. I cannot wait for Wyatt and Heather's story!
Gladys
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This insta-love romance had too much drama for such a short read. The plot was cute, the characters alright and the chemistry pretty good. This is my honest, voluntary review.
Dawn
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute guy and dogs who wouldnt love that. Easy read. Funny, romantic
Fluent in sarcasm, Supernatural, and song lyrics, I like talking to people and finding what makes them tick, though that probably has to do with the Psychology degree. I’m up before the sun because my kids don’t sleep, chugging tea and coffee to keep my eyes open and my brain semi functional. Being married to a man in uniform means I’ve lived a lot of places, survived seeing my husband for half t ...more