Start by marking “Five Reasons To Go (The Risky Hearts Duet. #2)” as Want to Read:
Five Reasons To Go (The Risky Hearts Duet. #2)

Five Reasons To Go

(The Risky Hearts Duet #2)

One day a week. That was his rule. And it was also our downfall.

My marriage to Hank was one of convenience. When I got pregnant at sixteen, he took me in and kept a roof over my naïve head. We had an agreement—we could sleep with whomever we wanted so long as our children were kept in the dark. It worked great… until it didn’t.

Cocky Jack Swanson was never supposed to be mi
Published October 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Five Reasons To Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Reasons To Go

Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
I devoured Five Reasons to Stay, the first book in this series of standalone romances and I loved every second of it. So, of course, I couldn't wait to dive into Five Reasons to Go and see the other side of a story I thought I knew so well. Jack infuriated me in Corinne's book. He was never a character I thought I'd come to love. But I did really like him in this story. I just wish I had seen more of his perspective on the events in the early days. .

The first 25% of this book takes place as the
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
There are two sides to every story, right? And knowing this, I didn’t think I was truly prepared for the depth of feelings I had for Jack after his behavior in Ten Reasons to Stay. He was a terrible husband to Corrine, and I was thrilled Corrine found the strength to go after her happily ever after.

Enter Five Reasons to Go–Jack’s story. I wanted to hate him for what he put Corrine through. What a wreck he made of his marriage. But I couldn’t after reading his side and getting an opportunity to “
Miranda Knight
Oct 24, 2018 rated it liked it
As soon as I was approved for an ARC of this novel, we picked up the previous novel in the series: Ten Reasons to Stay. When I finished reading Corrine's story, I was not looking forward to reading Jack's story. Jack was a complete tool. I'm glad I read both novels. Reading the first book gave me a better understanding about Jack--who he is where he comes from. It makes it easier in his novel to understand why he wants to change and never wants to be that guy again. In Jack's story: Five Reasons ...more
Cyndi Becker
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oct-2018
Firstly, when I found out there was a second book, that Ten Reasons To Stay was a part of a duet, I was thrilled because I loved the story. But had no idea whatsoever, that book two would be Jacks' story, well mostly Jacks story. I couldn't fathom that I'd care anything about his point of view to the dissolution if his marriage. He was no hero in my eyes, and I was happy with the outcome. Five Reasons To Go shares in the angsty intensity TRTS holds, but this story is about Jessica, and I had eno ...more
Liz
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved the first book in The Risky Hearts duet, Ten Reasons to Stay. I devoured it. I was not as excited about Five Reasons To Go, the second book in the duet, because Jack was not very likeable in the first, however, we get a lot more insight on him and how his choices affected his future.

We know it was his choice to have an open marriage, but here we get to see how the divorce has affected his life. He is living a completely life than before. But can he be a good man to a differen
Kim Doe
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not what I expected

I wasn’t sure if I wanted to read Jack’s story. I didn’t think it needed one BUT it was so very different from what I thought it would be and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.
Jenny
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so good! That ending was one of my favorites, ever! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK/SERIES!
Besties Books   & Sunshine
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Review coming soon!
Nicola
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book one in this duet, 10 Reasons to Stay, blew my mind. It sucked me in from the beginning and didn't let me go until long after the final page was read.
That book was Corrinne's book. This book is Jack's book.
Jack was Corrinne's husband.
Jack was the one who wanted an open marriage. Jack was a complete bellend.
I really didn't like Jack in 10 Reasons to Stay so really didn't have high hopes for how this book would play out... But I was curious.
So, I read and I have to say that it wasn't what I ex
Alyssa
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*Received an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

Going into this book I was excited because I loved the first one, Ten Reasons to Stay. I wanted to know the story of Jack and Jess and what their storyline was during the time of Corinne and Cole. I was also the smallest bit apprehensive as well because in the first book I hated Jack and Jess with a passion. I was worried I might not like this book because I didn’t like them. Let me tell you right now, that is not the case.

Everything ab
J.E. Benoit
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict. A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Note: This review contains a minor spoiler for the first book in the duet, Ten Reasons to Stay.

For the first time in my life, I knew what it felt like to be loved by a man. To be treated like a prize rather than a convenience.

Well, you know what they say, there are two sides to every story. In the first book of this duet we get Corinne’s side, and in this one, we get Jack’s sid
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
When a teenage crush lead to a pregnancy at age sixteen Jessica found herself at the mercy of the child's much older father Hank. Even though he just saw her and the child as an inconvenience, he convinced her to marry him, making her believe it was the best thing for all of them. When in reality it was nothing but a disaster, her marriage is a sham, and her husband is an abusive drunk who has trouble being faithful. Then she meets Jack, he is everything her husband isn't, and for the first time ...more
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loathed Jack in the first book in this series, Ten Reasons to Stay. He was godawful. I was convinced there was no way he could ever be redeemed in my eyes, so I was very leery about reading this book. I’m glad I did, and though I’m not sure I’d ever choose Team Jack over Team Corinne, he was able to win a piece of my heart I wasn’t sure I could give him.

I am exceedingly happy that the timelines of Five Reasons and Ten Reasons weren’t entirely concurrent. Jack needed redemption and I don’t thin
Stephanie
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

I will admit I was little skeptical about this book. I despised Jack in the first book. There was no way he would be able to redeem himself, right? Wrong. I was so, so wrong. While I despised him and I was a little skeptical, I did go in with an open mind. I wanted to hear what he had to say and see his side of things. I'm SO glad I did. Also, this is the second book in the series but it isn't a complete retelling of book one. That's another thing I was so happy to see. I didn't want a
Novel Grounds
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Alright guys. I usually hate redemption reads for characters I wasn't a fan of in their original books, but this one, this one was great. I loved how it challenged my feelings on the character and totally had my turned around by the end.

I should have know going into this I would love it. I mean, it is a Candace Knoebel read and she always dazzles me.

But this read? This read really did it for me. By the end I loved everything and was thrilled with how it all played out. I honestly want more. I l
Kali McQuillen
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, 2018-arc
I really didn't care for Jack in the first book, 10 Reasons To Stay. He wanted his cake and he wanted to eat it too. He thought he was going to have the best of both worlds. HE was the one that wanted an open marriage but he got more than he bargained for. His wife ends up leaving and then divorcing him but in the mean time he stopped going out with his side piece Jessica because Jack doesn't want to lose his wife Corinne. She's his stability, his rock, he may have loved her but wasn't in love w ...more
Louise O'Reilly
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five Reasons to Go is the final book in the Risky Hearts series, it takes you on the journey of Jack and Jessica whom we met in the first book.

This book picks up the same timeline as the first book, Ten Reasons to Stay just from Jack’s point of view, while did feel like it was repeating itself it gave me the insight into how Jack was feeling the way he was and what he was asking for.

Jack and Jessica’s love story isn’t easy, Jessica found out she was pregnant when she was 16, with no where to g
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Five Reasons To Go was an eye opening, second chance romance with lots of heartache. This is book two in the Risky Hearts Duet, I do recommend you read book one, because I feel it greatly impacts this book. This is Jack and Jessica's story in the aftermath of the arrangement from book one. the first 30% of this book we get a bit of a recap and how everything happened from Jack's side (his point of view) Let me just say I still don't like him.. yes there are two sides to every story, and in this ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jessica is 16 when she finds herself pregnant by Hank, an older man, and no longer welcome at her parent’s home. With limited options they get married but he is a terrible husband and father. It is a marriage of convenience where they both see other people as long as their child didn’t know.

Jack was married however the distance between he and his wife seems to be growing so they come up with the idea of an open marriage. Thursday nights they can see other people as long as they don’t spend the n
Bibliophile  Chloe
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2018
The Risky Hearts Duet...

This duet is the true meaning of the saying "There are two sides to every story" in fact there are four sides to this story.

You know what amazes me about this story and this duet? The way that Ms. Knoebel made me completely change me view and feelings about a character. And she did so brilliantly!

This is the story of Jack, Corrine and Jessica....the same couple Jack and Corrine but told from mainly Jack's POV.

You could feel his confusion. You could feel his frustration.
Konny
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Five Reasons to Go by Canadace KNoebel is book two in her The Risky Hearts Duet and is not a standalone. You must read the previous book, Five Reasons to Stay, first.
Five Reasons to Stay was Corinne and Cole's story. Corinne was married to Jack and both agreed to an open marriage. What led Corinne to the love of her life, Cole - who's Jack's boss. Jack had a short liaison with Jessica and that's where the story picks up.
But Jessica is married herself - unhappily - and a mother of two. When Jack'
Amy Stephens
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Candace Knoebel is a new author to me, and I regret not reading her sooner. Her style of writing is addicting and so dang good!

I made the mistake of reading Five Reasons to Go before Ten Reasons to Stay. Not that it was really a mistake, but now I'm set to sit down with the first book just so I can appreciate this duet to the fullest. I know that there won't be any surprises for me now, but I have to know how it all starts out.

It didn't take me long to figure out there was a lot going on between
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying, that this is book 2 in a duet, so you really should read the first book, in order to understand where these characters are coming from .

That being said, I LOVED this book. I was so intrigued by Jack from book 1, Ten Reasons to Stay. I mean, what kind of man was he? What made him tick? I honestly felt that he was very self-absorbed and egotistical, so I was happy to have a chance to get to know him.

Jessica is a wonderful character. She’s been dealt shitty hands in the ga
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Five Reasons to Go is the conclusion to The Risky Hearts Duet. This time it is Jack’s story. We met Jack and Corinne (his then wife) in Ten Reasons to Stay. Jack wanted an open marriage and Corinne found a new love and divorced Jack. So much for open marriages.

Now Jack is a wreck and is divorced from Corinne. He met Jessica during his open marriage with Corinne. But, she is married to Hank. Hank isn’t very nice and he only married
Jessica because she was pregnant.

Jessica is married to Hank when
Margaux
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am antagonistic towards Jack, thanks to Ten Reasons to Stay. Hence, I don't feel attached to him. However, I am with Jessica. Probably because she was only mentioned in passing in Book 1. This is Jack's truth on his divorce with Corinne, in a way, it's good to know his version of their story. It takes two to tango, right? It is fair that we see the shortcomings of Corinne in their marriage as well.
And Jessica, we may have seen her as the enemy in Book 1, which is a concrete example of double s
Elle Love Books
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ALL THE FEELS!!!
5 star read 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
If you have read Candace Knoebel books you know how good she can deliver and hooked you from the very first page. I loved it so much. "Five reasons to go" is the second book from The Risky Hearts duet and although they both can be read as a standalone I highly recommend you read the first book "Ten reasons to stay" so you can understand this one much better.
So in here we get the story of Jack and Jess and my heart it was in so much pain for her. Stuck in a love
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
3.5 Stars

I honestly despised Jack in Ten Reasons to Stay but I know there are always two sides to every story and after knowing her side it only seemed right to give Jack his say too.

I wish I could say my eyes were opened and I understood why Jack wanted the things he wanted but I all I could feel was selfishness and maybe this was the intention. I struggled to relate to his conundrum and reasoning for wanting an open marriage and I couldn’t get my emotions on board with him.

My fight continued
Frances
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
I have to say I wasn't certain going into this story what it was going to be about exactly. This is Jack's story. The husband who asked for the open marriage in the first book. You kind of hate him in the first book, but this goes to show there are two sides to every story.
You don't know Jack and Jessica's true story until you read this one. It's a good one. I was hooked.
You get Jessica's story, their affair, the twists and turns that led them to lead the lives they ended up with. It's really
alexandra watson

I read this immediately after finishing 10 reasons..

I still hated Jack. I hated him more after living through the recap at the beginning and I hated Jess (knowing she's the email and ice cream girl from book one)

I then found myself pitying Jess and willing her to leave Hank and find happiness with Jack.

I fell in love with Jack as he truly found himself and his soul mate. It was clearer in this book just how he was unhappy in his marriage.

But the kicker. The bit that truly got me and made me s
2OCC Reviews
Nov 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: jessica
I really wanted to love the story but I felt like it went way to fast. I liked both Jessica and Jack. They both came a long way from the first book. My issue stems with how fast paced the story was. I wanted to see them falling the first time. Seeing all the tings they had to go through just like the characters in the first book. Seeing their side of how things happened and sadly I didn’t get any of that. It took away from the overall story for me. I liked the epilogue. Seeing all of them happy ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Candace Knoebel is a hopeless romantic with an affinity for whiskey and good music. Her love of words began when she met the boy who lived in the cupboard under the stairs. She's a self-proclaimed Lost Girl. Words are her mirror.

With two completed series, her work ranges from paranormal to contemporary, all centered heavily around romance.

Currently she lives in Florida with her husband and two c

The Risky Hearts Duet (2 books)
  • Ten Reasons to Stay (The Risky Hearts Duet, #1)