Start by marking “Winter War Awakening (Blood Rose Rebelion #3)” as Want to Read:
Winter War Awakening (Blood Rose Rebelion #3)

Winter War Awakening

(Blood Rose Rebellion #3)

The Binding is broken. Mátyás is alive. And Anna Arden is on the run.

It seems, yet again, that breaking the Binding has shattered the world. And the only hope of mending it is Anna and Mátyás, working together. But it’s never that simple, is it? The praetheria, the creatures once held captive by the spell, are now waging war against the Austro-Hungarian empire. And they a
Published March 19th 2019 by Knopf Books For Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Winter War Awakening, please sign up.
Michelle Jiang it's the final. No, there are not more in the series, unless the author has recently confirmed any.

Cesar
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars.

I've been holding myself back from writing a review because I'm not sure what I should write. I could just say in a paragraph or two that I just didn't enjoy it and just give my star rating. But I wanted to at least give my honest thoughts on Winter War Awakening and the series as a whole.

Winter War Awakening is the last book in the Blood Rose Rebellion trilogy. War is about to break out between countries as well as with the praetheria. A war which could have the praetheria being the dom
Heather
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An incredible finish to the trilogy. As soon as I started, I didn't want to put it down. Eves creates beautiful images with her mastery of language. It is a timely book dealing with the ugliness of prejudice, as well as the importance of accepting oneself.

I would recommend this book as well as the rest of this series to anyone who loves fantastical creatures, history, or a book well written.
The Clever Reader
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2019
This book was everything I would have hoped for when it came to the ending of this trilogy. If you're looking for a unique YA Historical Fantasy than you'll love this one! It's set in Hungary and is loosely based on the events of the Hungarian Revolution of the 19th century. Rosalyn put so much heart into this trilogy and making sure she stayed as true to the history as she could.

Anna's character arc from the beginning of this trilogy grew immensely and she just continued to get braver as the b
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
A lackluster finale that failed to capture my interest pretty much from beginning to end. To be fair, this may have been due to my memory being relatively limited of the prior novels because I didn't reread. However, Eves does do a nice job of recapping key plot points, so I wasn't totally lost either.

Mostly, I felt like the characters didn't evolve enough in this final installment, so the book felt static even though the whole thing consisted of battles pretty much. Mátyás and Anna really feel
Julie Nichol
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is my second favorite book in the whole series because I love how strong Anna is. In the other ones I felt like she was good, but always ashamed of who she was. She shook that off in this book. Anna was also strong for who she is and not just for what she feels like she has to do. I also loved the character development in Matyas because he stopped being so... grumpy? I can't think of a better word, even though that doesn't fit. I only say that it is not my favorite book in the series becaus ...more
Allisa White
I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

Don't be afraid of your gifts. You do no one a favor by making yourself small.

Winter War Awakening took my heart and tore it into little pieces. Anna's and Matyas's story unmade me.

Maybe it's too soon after reading this book, but I can barely untangle all of my feelings about this book. Suffice it to say, I loved it. It was the perfect conclusion to a beautiful series. Here's why:

1. Seeing Anna's growth throughout this serie
Angela (Pooled Ink Reviews)
pooled ink Reviews:
4.5 Stars

Winter War Awakening is a stunning conclusion to this trilogy of fantasy and fate. Shining with hope in the thick of brutal rebellion, shedding blood for each player's dream of freedom, and steady with the beat of a heart who knows victory cannot sacrifice goodness or else all dreams shatter. Written in Eves' lovely prose this final installment will both twist your heart and satisfy the story's journey.

Read my FULL review here: https://pooledink.com/2018/12/12/wint
Ashley
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was good, but it was hard for me to invest in what was going on because it had been a while since I'd read the second book in the series. Though there is a large section in the back of the book with a glossary, characters, and notable figures, this book is still a lot to process, even for advanced readers like myself. Because I finished reading this when I did not have access to the Internet, I might have forgotten some details, but I will do my best to share my thoughts here.

Winter Wa
Erin Arkin
Winter War Awakening is the third book in the Blood Rose Rebellion series and if you haven’t picked these books up yet, now might be a good time. Plus…these covers are some of my favorites. Since this is the third and final book, I will do my best to not spoil anything.

This book picks up right about where Lost Crow Conspiracy wrapped up and the journey these characters have been going on is a big one and they aren’t done yet. Noemi is being held hostage and Anna and Matyas are going to do whate
Stephanie Ward
'Winter War Awakening' is the stunning final book in the Blood Rose Rebellion Trilogy. I thought it was a wonderful way to end the series and tied everything up nicely. The story picks up where the last book left off, with our main characters Anna and Mátyás working together after the Binding was broken. In order to fix everything that has been destroyed in the process, Anna and Mátyás have to team up and fight to right the wrongs that have been done. The story was exciting, full of action and a ...more
Elsa Munoz
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had everything a conclusion should have. There were moments of tension, happy moments, moments of questioning if you have the guts or strength to do a difficult task, and obviously there were many, many heartbreaking moments.... Especially chapters 19-22.....
My favorite character, Hunger, was definitely a very compelling person. I wasn't sure if I should like him, considering the fact that half the time I wasn't sure where his loyalties lied....but then I saw a brief glimpse of who he
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
I really enjoy all the history and magic being mushed together. I think that is my "thing" right now. I especially love the history that isn't focused on Western Europe, because I get to learn about cultures I am less familiar with. Also MAGIC.

Short review time - so basically I was anxious, then sad, then relieved, the surprise-sad, then grateful, then worried, then happy, then sad for real, then bittersweet, then the end. Does that help? :-)

This story wraps things up beautifully, but it isn't
James Tullos
May 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
See my full thoughts here: https://youtu.be/6nlIuGl8BCM

I just... I can't anymore. This is the worst series I ever read, and I only came this far out of a sense of morbid curiosity. I don't want to retread old ground too much, so I'll just say a few positive things.

Winter War Awakening is better than those that came before it. It's still shit, but there's a little bit of improvement. Anna realizes that she's made some awful decisions and develops into a somewhat better person. Near the end she e
Amanda-Has-A-Bookcase
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Hold onto your Chimera self folks because you are in for a very exciting ride! Winter War Awakening picks up pretty much right where Lost Crow Conspiracy ends - searching for Naomi. Author Rosalyn Eves pumps up the drama compared to what was in the two previous books and right away the reader is pulled into the action. This book has the duel narrative as seen in the last book and we get an even better insight into the characters. I love the themes of finding oneself and learning to become more t ...more
Sara
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the characters in this series and so I wanted to find out what happened to them but this book took me 3 months to read.. I had issues staying involved in the story and so had to force myself to sit down and finish it before my libary due date went by again. I was happy with the ending but I found the battle details a bit much. I loved Gabor and Anna together and so enjoyed finding out how they progressed. I found some characters who died to be disapointing...
But any book that makes me c
Meghan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
While reading Winter War Awakening, I could not help but wonder what if Lucy from the Chronicles of Narnia and Meg Murray from A Wrinkle In Time were to meet, it be in this book. Befriending a stranger and having that person be your key survival buddy in getting through a Winter War does not get more conflicting than that. There were some parts however, that went off on small tangents making it hard to follow but when it got back on point, you could not stop reading.

Laura Holt
I am a huge fan of Rosalyn Eve's Blood Rose Rebellion series, and this final installment, while bittersweet because it is the end of the story line, did not disappoint! From the romance and action to the plot and character arcs, Rosalyn weaves a heart wrenching tale of why things like love (of others as well as yourself) and equality are vital to the survival of any race. Add a dash of fantasy and a pinch of history, and you have a literary masterpiece, which is exactly what this book is! Not to ...more
Samantha Hastings
A wonderful conclusion to an epic historical fiction trilogy. The character development is beautiful and both Anna and Matyas have to accept their whole selves, the good and the bad, to accomplish the impossible. The romance between Anna and Gabor is sweet, but with plenty of kisses (I’ve waited two books for these kisses, thank you very much). Author Rosalyn Eves’ research shines throughout the story in the smallest details, traditions, and folklore. It’s a must read for all historical fantasy ...more
Anna
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a good end to the series. I feel like everything ended just right for Anna and Máthyás. The majority of the flow of the books didn’t feel like it was forced. I finished it in. Two days. I was sucked in. Definitely a good fantasy read.
The magic plus the history is a big yes for me! I love when authors blend that together. There were some moments that seemed to drag a bit through out the book/series, but it was good.
CR
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Review: Everything heats up in this final installment to the Blood Rose Rebellion series. This one was WAY speedier than book one and two and I have to say that it worked out well through my binge reading of this wonderful series. I could not put it down and this one ends so well. I could not think of a better ending.

I didn't want this one to end and I am so sad now that this much loved series is now over. I know that I will have to revisit this one sometime soon.
Tasha Seegmiller
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ya-books
There are a lot of clichés when it comes to how trilogies end, and, thankfully, Eves resisted all of them, striving instead to conclude a story in a way that is authentic to the characters and the world. This is a brilliant culmination of a world that is unique, and, again, I thoroughly enjoyed the beauty of the writing. I can't recommend this whole trilogy highly enough.
Jamie
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Melissa
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great ending to a great series. I love the way Eves writes that really makes you think about what her characters are going through in their mind and how they make their decisions. There were a few parts in the book that was a little slow, and it felt like the ending was a little flat after the entire books build up to it, but all in all, an awesome read.
Molly Cluff
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad this series is over! This was definitely a finale with a lot of excitement and large-scale stakes! loved seeing more of Gabor. Rosalyn Eves has such crisp, pretty writing that it's always such a delight to take it all in.
Colby
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was a disappointing end to the series. I loved Blood Rose Rebellion, but I felt like the flow of the story died in Lost Crow Consipracy. I was really hoping it would be revived in Winter War Awakening, but I just couldn't even finish the book.
Shmabby
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hunger is officially a Bodacious Book Boy
Tony
May 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book felt like she was just dragging it out even though in the alternate timeline, the war was shorter. I think this should have been a duology instead.
Taffy
Jul 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Opening line:
"These mountains gave nothing back."

AMAZING story! I can't wait for more stories from Rosalyn!
Brooke
May 29, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very predictable, a little bit underwhelming, but still enjoyable.
Kait
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, arcs
**Originally posted on The Fandom**

Anna Arden is making her last stand in Winter War Awakening, but her story is returning to some familiar pitfalls.

Hungary is on the verge of war: With the Austrian Empire and its allies, and with the creatures known as the praetheria that they don’t even see coming. Since being outcast and imprisoned by the humans, the praetheria has been biding their time to attack. Anna and Mátyás know this, but they’re one of few who do, and their efforts to caught up in t

• Rise (Rule, #2)
  • Sword and Pen (The Great Library, #5)
  • These Divided Shores (Stream Raiders, #2)
  • Seven Devils (Seven Devils, #1)
  • Untitled (Mirage, #3)
  • The Chosen Ones (The Chosen Ones, #1)
  • The Half King (Untitled, #1)
  • Untitled (Impostors, #4)
  • Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad, #3)
  • Girl, Serpent, Thorn
  • When She Reigns (Fallen Isles, #3)
  • The Quiet at the End of the World
  • Skyhunter
  • Deathless Divide (Dread Nation, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Sky (Untitled, #1)
  • Queen of Ruin (Grace and Fury, #2)
  • Sisters of Sword and Song
  • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
Rosalyn Eves grew up in the Rocky Mountains, dividing her time between reading books and bossing her siblings into performing her dramatic scripts. As an adult, the telling and reading of stories is still one of her favorite things to do. When she's not reading or writing, she enjoys spending time with her chemistry professor husband and three children, watching British period pieces, or hiking th ...more

Blood Rose Rebellion (3 books)
  • Blood Rose Rebellion (Blood Rose Rebellion, #1)
  • Lost Crow Conspiracy (Blood Rose Rebellion, #2)