Start by marking “A Light in the Dark (Dark Stars, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Light in the Dark (Dark Stars, #2)

A Light in the Dark

(Dark Stars #2)

A Space Fantasy Sci-Fi Adventure

The real invasion is about to begin.

An alien fleet is coming. Elle and her friends are the Hegemony's best chance for fighting back, but they'll need to head straight into enemy territory in order to identify the Darkness' origin.

The Hegemony is out of time... and the war may already be lost before it even starts. The only chance for sal
Published August 9th 2018 by BDL Press

To ask other readers questions about A Light in the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Light in the Dark

Start your review of A Light in the Dark (Dark Stars, #2)
Nicholas Mustelin
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Continuing from 'Crystalline Space' I started reading 'A Light in the Dark' with high expectations.

I was not disappointed.

Things continued to take unexpected turns, and I was sucked further into a fantastic Universe where Fantasy and Science Fiction blended seamlessly into a coherent and exciting story!

I was mesmerized.

I was unable to put the Novel down, as was the case with the first book, and after I had finished it some hours later, I felt an uncontrollable desire and need to get hold of the
Rob
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Awesome Space Opera Part II!

Loved it so much! AK has come through with yet another winner! Her World building in Space Opera is her biggest strength. She builds worlds of such awe and beauty it boggles the mind, She backed this one up with some real world theoretical physics and matched it with Sci-Fi and through in a dash of Fantasy and magic for a perfect recipe of adventure, the fantasies I love that include outings and treks to find ancient and powerful artifacts to give the heroe
Eric
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: space-opera
The second of the Dark Stars Trilogy, A Light in the Dark is an action packed read with characters you can identify with. Elle continues to grow as the main leader for the team. Along the way she begins to experiment with her additional abilities while exploring her budding romance. The Hegemon learn more about their mysterious adversary and barely escape the encounter with their lives. The members of the Dark Sentinel team continue to grow and learn to trust each other as their abilities evolve ...more
Halecki
Jun 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Another in a long line of winners

I've now read around ten of the author's books. So it's fair to say I'm a fan.
This book, like the first in the series, is entertaining. I enjoy the cast of characters. They're not all that believable: they're dropped in an impossible situation; four people from very modest backgrounds. And there of them turn into steely eyes veteran's with a wide worldview. The fourth is more realistic,whining and reluctant. (As a result, less likeable).
That having been said, it
Lizzie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you liked book 1, you will really like book 2. Sometimes the pace slows down in the middle of a series (be in a book series or a TV series) but in the Dark Stars series, A Light in the Dark kept me reading, saying to myself one more page. It is exciting, puzzle solving, and for you older readers - a touch of groundhog day (hint but don't want to spoil it). The characters grow in their abilities and their relationships. Our knowledge of the crystalline network expands.

For fans of A. DuBoff - t
Melissa Hayden
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm 100% invested in this series. I love the characters and their relationships along with the trouble of the darkness in the world. It still have a video game feel to what the crew does, but not as much as it did in the first book. I don't mind though because the group have grown as individuals and as a team and I love it.

With the ending of this book, I'm diving right into the third audiobook because I want to know what happens with the Darkness!

****FULL REVIEW TO FOLLOW****
Bobby Childers
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent continuation of book 1

The characters are easy to visualize and encourage the reader to "step into their shoes" so they can feel what the characters are experiencing. Very good book as part of a series. I've already bought book 3 and will start reading in the next few day.
ALEXANDER BAHLBURG
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced Action with great plot twists!

Fantastic series!! I honestly felt like I was teenager again playing the Phantasy Star games. The story was fantastic and characters were wonderful. Such vivid descriptions about the universe and world settings. I can only hope the adventure continues. Thank you Amy for such a great series.
Judy Llewellyn
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now the story comes together

Although you need to read the first book to give you the basis for the second book, this second in the series was very enjoyable. I am now going to sample the third one to see if it is equally as intriguing.
Debi Sateren
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Light in the Dark

2nd book in series and this one really brings it! Crystalline Space was a good read definitely ,leaving questions and wanting to know more of characters. This one is a cant put down, what’s going to happen next, and WHEN’S THE NEXT BOOK!
Damon Cottrell
Dec 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun space fantasy YA. I read the whole trilogy. Amy Duboff should have won that Nebula.
Maggie
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Let's kill the aliens

An exciting read. Saving the universe? What's not to like? Hoping the next book answers the questions. We shall see.
Vitaliy Belitsky
Dec 12, 2018
Ken Weinert
Aug 29, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Duplicate books / Wrong Author Name 6 20 Jan 10, 2019 04:42AM

• Promises Kept (The Kurtherian Endgame Book 9)
  • Compelling Evidence (The Kurtherian Endgame, #2)
  • Wagons To Backsight (Floating Outfit, #11)
  • The Hide and Tallow Men (Floating Outfit, #7)
  • Wholesale Slaughter (Wholesale Slaughter #1)
  • The Hooded Riders (Floating Outfit, #9)
  • Goodnights Dream (Floating Outfit, #4)
  • Terminus Cut (Wholesale Slaughter #2)
  • Sorcery Reborn (The Rebellion Chronicles #1)
  • The Floating Outfit 36: Go Back to Hell (A Floating Outfit Western)
  • Revelation Run (Wholesale Slaughter #3)
  • The Mystery of the Haunted Ghost Town
  • The Floating Outfit 19: The Wildcats (A Floating Outfit Western)
  • Maelstrom Strand (Wholesale Slaughter #4)
  • Steel Dragon 4 (Steel Dragons Series)
  • One Bad Decision (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone #10)
  • Fatal Mistake (The Unbelievable Mr. Brownstone #11)
  • Judas Kiss (Wholesale Slaughter #5)
*2018 Nebula finalist for the Andre Norton Award*

I have always loved science fiction—books, movies, shows and games. If it involves outer space, even better!

Most of my writing is character-driven, which traces back to my time as a Psych major in college. I love to blend science and fantasy, especially when it comes to metaphysical abilities. I publish both under A.K. DuBoff and Amy DuBoff.

I atten

Dark Stars (3 books)
  • Crystalline Space (Dark Stars, #1)
  • Masters of Fate (Dark Stars, #3)