Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 17” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 17

My Hero Academia, Vol. 17

(My Hero Academia #17)

Midoriya inherits the superpower of the world’s greatest hero, but greatness won’t come easy.

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what wo
Published February 5th 2019 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, Vol. 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Hero Academia, Vol. 17

Fahda
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This one was filled with action! I loved it!
Alexis U
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mirio my precious sweet boy I love you.
Maelle
Mirio my baby <3 <3

(view spoiler)
Christy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m missing the original cast of characters but I understand wanting to keep the material fresh (and exciting for the creative team, I’m sure). This volume was packed with action, nearly every page featured a battle scene, primarily between Mirio and the Overhaul crew. It’s high stakes with Eri on the line - her storyline ended in a cliffhanger and we are promised one more volume to wrap up this arc. I have so many questions - what will come of Mirio now that he’s quirkless? What’s up with Night ...more
Chris Lemmerman
The battle for Eri rages on as Mirio engages Chisaki head-on, with devastating consequences. Then Deku takes the stage, only for Eri's true power to be revealed, changing the battlefield entirely - but in who's favour?

This arc barrels along nicely here, with some surprising developments (including one that I thought might stick but didn't), and one of those momentum building endings that promises great times next volume. Possibly a few too many flashbacks, but I'll roll with it.
Taylor Ramirez
Sam
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*read as part of Manga Madness Readathon (Round 5)*

This may be my favorite volume thus far. When I finished reading it I didn't know what to say or how to react. I was just shocked and impressed and in awe of everything that happened between the covers of this volume. And with the way that it ended...oh man, the wait for Vol 18 is going to suck.
Dylan Clark
This was one of the best volumes in ages for the series. This volume actually broke me. I don't know how I will make it to April as I wait for the next volume.
Illy
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I regret ever hating on this series when I first heard about it. I was uneducated. I am in love. This is my favorite series right now. Holy shit. This volume. The art. The story. The characters. Midoriya. Lemillion. Eri. I can’t. Oh my god. This volume was amazing.
sebb
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ERI <3
Nightingale_92
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Può l'albo di un fumetto essere grandioso, pieno di azione, suspense e character-development e allo stesso tempo prenderti il cuore e ridurlo in tante bricioline?
Per me sì.
Mr. Stark I don't feel so good...
Ahmed
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After a very successful second season of the adaptation of Kohei Horikoshi's manga, 僕のヒーローアカデミ [Boku No Hero Academia] (My Hero Academia), Horikoshi continues the series with new characters, problems to face, and even more hilarious moments among the cast in volume 17 of the series.

Midoriya Izuku was born in a time where almost every single person possessed extraordinary abilities known as quirks. However, Izuku was born without a quirk. In the day and age where everyone possesses quirks, evil r
Ben Truong
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
My Hero Academia, Vol. 17 continues where the previous tankōbon left off and contains the next ten chapters (148–157) of the on-going manga series.

The tankōbon continues to battle of the task force and the Eight Precepts of Death. In the melee, Mirio Togata as Lemillion is separated from the main group and manages to find Kai Chisaki, the Leader of the Eight Precepts of Death and Eri – the girl he had failed to save and was being used for her blood and her unique quirk. They battle it out over E
Courtney Rose
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rolando Marono
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shonen-manga
Este volumen es muy intenso desde la primer página. La acción no se hace esperar y retoma con los combates que se quedó el volumen pasado.
La joya central de este capítulo es la batalla de Lemillion contra Overhaul. La batalla es impresionante y las habilidades de Lemillion son de las más vistosas. Podemos comprender la maestría con la que domina su quirk y podemos darnos cuenta de por qué es el mejor de la escuela.
Es un volumen triste también porque podemos ver un poco del pasado de Mirio y co
Anna Suki
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, leisure
Lemillion's Plus Ultra

You're going to get hit in the feels regarding Lemillion. I suggest you not fight it and love this character. The fight with Overhaul is a two part-er. First with Lemillion and then with Deku. These to heroes both showcase the Plus Ultra motto of UA but Lemillion more since he's fights multiply opponents at the same time while protecting Eri.
Speaking of Eri, Overhaul, you scum! How could you? And your reasoning...confused much. He wants to rid the world of quirks (while us
Jamys Reyes
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All I can say... speechless...!!! But here it goes... the volume left me realizing why look up to the super heroes and against all adversity they never stop fighting till the bitter end.. that what this volume bought me to see.

The dream to make the light be possible when all is darkness.. The real heroes were just like everyone else lived in fear and wish for no one to experience the same.

Every battle here is proof that even when it’s hopeless there will always remind you why you chose to fight
Isabella
Evelyn
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a volume of epic fights and LOTS OF TEARS! Shonen manga shouldn't make me this weepy! But, oh, it's so good! And they left it all on a cliffhanger for the next volume and the conclusion of the Hassaikai arc.

(view spoiler)
Timothy Pitkin
While the stuff surrounding Eri and her power is kind of confusing especially when we get an actual explanation of it but the action is good and while I am kind of mad at what happened to Mirio but still he had a really cool fight with Chisaki and the other Yakuza members also really nice to see two different styles of Villains between the Eight Precepts of Death (Yakuza) and the League of Villains.
Kat
5 out of 5 stars

My goodness, this volumes started at 100 and just kept going. It begins with Mirio engaging Chisaki, with results that ripped out my heart, and ended with Deku about to take on Chisaki with an added boost from little Eri. I am not happy about having to wait for the next volume, because this volume was one of the best of the last few.
Jacob Acosta
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh, man. Season 4 anime watchers are in for a treat with this one. This story arc is just as action packed as the last story arc! Mirio Togata...he is just as tenacious and like-able as Deku. I have said this once and I will say it again, the pacing of this manga/anime is masterfully done. I cannot see it slowing down anytime soon. I am dying to read the next volume!
haley
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
God I am so in love with this arc. I loved that we got to see toga and twice team up and I especially loved seeing Mirio in action even if it broke my heart. There's just so many good things going on right now I can't handle it. Chisaki is such an interesting villain but holy fuck do I want to kill him with my bare hands.
Zahra
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i wasn't sure if i wanted to write a review so i'll be quick and say that this volume is really good! it shows just how hard mirio had to work to get where he's now and why he's an amazing hero. also final boss fights are the best fights.
Antonio Valdes
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plus Ultra!

Overall, this was a pretty awesome volume and I considered it even better than the previous one. So far this arc has been entertaining (though the lack of focus on the female heroes is jarring).
Melrose's
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mirio as the cover of volume 17 can't get any better. If it weren't for Deku's dedication and spirit I would say that Mirio deserved also to inherit One for All and to be All Might's successor. I cried too much huhuhu feels~
Cailin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE ERI
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • ちはやふる 3 [Chihayafuru 3]
  • Zodiac Starforce Volume 2: Cries of the Fire Prince
  • Supergirl: Being Super, 1 of 4
  • ハイキュー!! 18 幾望 [Haikyū!! 18 Ikumochi]
  • Spider-Gwen, Vol. 4: Predators
  • Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, Vol. 2: Stupid Old Man!!
  • Oasis
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vol. 13
  • おやすみプンプン 3
  • Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku 3
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 雄英白書 I [Boku No Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho I] (My Hero Academia Light Novel, #1)
  • 七つの大罪 10 [Nanatsu no Taizai 10] (The Seven Deadly Sins, #10)
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 10 [Boku No Hero Academia 10] (My Hero Academia, #10)