Start by marking “The Rancher's Fake Fiancée” as Want to Read:

The Rancher's Fake Fiancée

(Return of the Blackwell Brothers #4)

“I’m coming home…

With my bride-to-be.”

Tyler Blackwell just announced that he and Hadley Sullivan are getting married. And they’ve never even dated! Now she and her boss are in Montana so Tyler can sell his family ranch. Hadley only agreed to continue the deception in exchange for a promotion. But moving up the corporate ladder pales beside her growing feelings for Tyler.
Published November 6th 2018 by Harlequin Heartwarming Large Print

To ask other readers questions about The Rancher's Fake Fiancée, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rancher's Fake Fiancée

Susan
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Amy Vastine

THE RANCHER'S FAKE FIANCÉE is the story of Hadley Sullivan who works for Tyler Blackwell. Tyler has been summoned back to the family ranch by his brothers. All of his brothers are married or going to married so Tyler comes up with a stupid idea and says he is coming home with his fiancée. The only problem is, he doesn't have one. He doesn't even have a girlfriend. This is where Hadley comes in. Hadley is also looking for a huge promotion, one that she totall
Katie W
Timing is everything and sometimes what you want and need has been sitting right under your nose all along. At least that's what Tyler discovers when he blurts out that he's engaged to avoid going home to the family ranch. He drags is employee, Hadley, along in this harebrained scheme and as the lies tangle together like a massive ball of unruly yarn, true feelings begin to emerge.

Tyler is all work, every day, yet he gets the job done well. Although he's a fantastic businessman, his true calling
Gale
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Rancher’s Fake Fiancée is book 4 in the Return of the Blackwell Brothers books however it is a standalone. The author did an amazing job of giving background on the first three Blackwell brothers’ stories, and surrounding family and friends, but these books/brothers are wonderful and I am loving the entire series.

TRFF is about Tyler Blackwell. He is a twin of Chance, who also left town and really doesn’t want to come back (and hasn’t yet)…for anything. I won’t recap it but Ty’s brothers fin
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
It's time to talk about the next installment of The Blackwell Brothers series. Man, are those Blackwell brother a stubborn lot. Each one of them have such reservations about returning to their childhood home- actually, it's not so much reservations as adamant determination to NOT return home. Each book in this series is written by a different author and revolves around a different Blackwell brother. There is so much continuity though between the books- the setting, the secondary characters, ever ...more
Carla Johnson-Hicks
The Rancher’s Fake Fiancée is the fourth book in the Return of the Blackwell Brothers series, however like all the books in this series, it can be read as a standalone. There is enough information given to get the back story on the three brothers who were the main characters in the previous three books. As I mentioned in my previous reviews, each book is written by a different author and it is amazing how well the stories flow and the relationships continue.

This is Tyler Blackwell's story. Tyler
Suzie Waltner
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The title alone tells you plenty about this book so I won’t go into detail about the synopsis of this story other than to say the setup was fun but once in Montana, things take a turn.

Tyler and Hadley both struggle to feel accepted by their families. Amy Vastine creates a believable situation where two people would need to continue to playout a fake engagement. And all three of the other Blackwell brothers (as well as a few other townspeople) make an appearance.

At its heart, this is a story of h
Char (1RadReader59)
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Life for the all work no play Tyler Blackwell just got complicated. You see his business partner of five years, in advertising, is requiring he take a two-week vacation. The staff needs a break from him.

Tyler doesn’t know what it means to have normal business hours or boundaries. While his partner was away he sent thirty plus email after business hours well into the wee hours of the morning. Kellen, when they started, was gun ho but now he is enjoying the fruits of their labor. Not Tyler.

At t
MJSH
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book 4 of the Return of Blackwell Brothers series but can be read as a stand-alone. Of course, reading the previous three books will enrich the background information you have as a reader but not absolutely necessary to enjoy the book. I love that one author has taken one Blackwell brother at a time to give him a detailed story and I am really enjoying how each story adds on more layers to the beautifully complex and lovable Blackwell brotherhood. If you enjoy well-written clean romance, ...more
Becky
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
The Rancher's Fake Fiancée is such a fun fake relationship story! Tyler and Hadley are strictly boss and employee until he tells his brother she's his fiancée ... and then she finds herself accompanying him to his family's Montana ranch!

Tyler and Hadley have great chemistry, and Hadley's interaction with Tyler's family was so fun! Though I'm not a fan of lying (except in the case of a fake relationship, I guess!), all the lies definitely added interest to the story. And the way everything unfold
Valri Western
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The hero, Tyler Blackwell, is one grumpy workaholic guy and he sure doesn't want to go back to his family's ranch in Montana! When his back is against the wall and he HAS to go back, he drags a co-worker, Hadley, with him and announces that she's his fiancée! Hadley only agrees because he promises her he'll promote her to the job she really wants! However, I would have given Hadley a medal because dealing with Tyler was anything but fun! He was terrible! He was never happy and really didn't trea ...more
Brittany
Nov 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun story and a good addition to the Return of the Blackwell Brothers series. Each book in this series definitely builds on the one that comes before it, so I would recommend reading all of the stories for the full picture regarding what is going on at the Blackwell Ranch.

Although there were plenty of lighthearted situations in this novel, there were also some deeply held hurts that Tyler had to work through.

The romance between Tyler and Hadley was sweet, changing their relationship a
Molly Cafinated Reads Jaber
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fast paced, beautiful story of finding love when you least expect it! A new to me author and one I won't miss again! Four stars worthy and highest of recommendations to all book lovers.
Alexandra
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is book four in the Return of the Blackwell brothers. The story focuses on Tyler, he is living in Portland and doesn't want anything to do with the ranch. When he finally speaks on the phone with his brother. He is so desperate not to go home he makes up a fake fiancee. His co worker Hadley.
Reluctantly he agrees to come home, with Hadley so they can come up with a marketing plan for the ranch. As well as keep up the ruse he started. He also offers Hadley a promotion, one she should have go
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Lovin'A Cowboy Romance

Two things for Tyler and Hadley to remember — the past isn’t always as set in stone as we remember, and if you’re going to lie about a relationship be certain you know who you’re lying to – others… or yourself.

Tyler’s story is the fourth in the Return of the Blackwell Brothers multi-author series – and it’s as full of heartache as it is full of eventual joy. Tyler has been carrying around a heavy burden like a cloak for years now. The truth is that there was no
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Have I mentioned how much I’ve loved this series? I know I have, but it bears repeating. This multi-author series of clean, contemporary romance novels follows the Blackwell Brothers as they return home one-by-one to deal with the mess their grandfather has left behind when he took off for parts unknown.

In the 4th installment, Tyler Blackwell coerces his assistant Hadley Sullivan into posing as his fiance when he’s forced to return to the family ranch. Short of a marriage-of-convenience story, f
Phyllis
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tyler had no favorites. No favorite color. No favorite food. Which may not sound significant yet it was very important to the story. You see, he had always felt like the unwanted child. The insignificant one. Even as he grew up, he felt that he never measured up to his brothers and probably never could. The theme of having favorites was woven nicely throughout the story in a significant way.

Tyler was pretty funny. He was one of those people who gets so wrapped up in what they are doing, their ac
Lghiggins
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you have read the other books in this series, by now you know that Big E’s plan to get his grandsons to return to the Blackwell Ranch in Falcon Creek, Montana, has a chance of working. You also realize that Tyler Blackwell, one of the younger twins in the family and an advertising executive in Portland, Oregon, will be the focus of this book. What you won’t be prepared for is the bold lie he tells to try to avoid returning to the ranch. You have to smile when a character thinks “What could po ...more
Lu Ann
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After having his whole office - especially his assistant - frustrated with him for not answering repeated messages from his family, Tyler Blackwell finally answers one of many calls from one of his brothers. He thought of every excuse he could think of why he couldn't leave to return home for a major decision, affecting the Blackwell Ranch. He could care less about it, but after his partner heard about it, he insisted that is just the thing Tyler needs. His obsessions at work were driving the wh ...more
Fleur
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The ever elusive Tyler who will talk to no brother but Chance, finally comes home but it is in order to get the place sorted so it is appealing to buyers so he can walk away one last time and know he will never come back. Poor Hadley backed herself into a corner with wanting the job that correctly should have be hers and the only way to get it now it to pretend she is her bosses fiance, no problem right?! There is plenty of dodging questions from the family and trying to get things sorted out fo ...more
Fleur
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
The ever elusive Tyler who will talk to no brother but Chance, finally comes home but it is in order to get the place sorted so it is appealing to buyers so he can walk away one last time and know he will never come back. Poor Hadley backed herself into a corner with wanting the job that correctly should have be hers and the only way to get it now is to pretend she is her bosses fiance, no problem right?! There is plenty of dodging questions from the family and trying to get things sorted out fo ...more
Allison
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished the next book in the Return of the Blackwell Brothers Series. This one, The Rancher's Fake Fiance by Amy Vastine is the fourth in the series and tells the story of Tyler, the second to last Blackwell brother.  Tyler has no interest in the ranch, but promises his employee Hadley a promotion if she will accompany him to the ranch and pretend to be his fiance, so that his brother's don't find out he lied about being engaged.
I really liked how the relationship between Hadley and Tyler sta
Lynn Brooks
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fake relationship just might become real as Tyler and Hadley uncover their attraction for each other! Fast paced and attention grabbing. I wasn't as invested in the connection between these two as I have been with some of the other brothers, but the overall story was still interesting. This entire family and story lion has been great and I'm looking forward to the last brother's return home!

The last thing Tyler Blackwell wants to be doing is returning home to Falcon Creek, Montana to his famil
Wednesday Stanley
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth book in the Blackwell Brother's multi-author series. I have to say that I have really enjoyed this series. And have enjoyed getting to read new to me authors.

Tyler's the fourth brother home. He's also probably the quietest of the brothers. He is also probably the one who we know the least about. At first I found Tyler to be a bit selfish. But once he lets those walls down he was a bit more relatable and understandable.

I really enjoyed Hadley. I think that she really likable
T. Rosado
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, insta-love, romance

3.5 Stars

This was a nice addition to the Blackwell Family saga, as it gives us Tyler's back story and the reasons he has avoided the family ranch for so long. Although I ultimately enjoyed Tyler and Hadley's story, it felt a bit more rushed and not as developed as I usually like. Tyler and Hadley knew each other from work in a boss/employee situation/relationship. Since Tyler was a workaholic and rather brusque with his employees, he hadn't really "seen" Hadley in any kind of romantic way or eve
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have recently reviewed two books from this series and I loved it. Sweet romance, interesting characters and a continuing storyline with previous characters interacting with the main characters. I like the continuity although written by different authors.

This is the first book I have read from this author. She's good. I liked her style and enjoyed the read!

The main Blackwell in this book is Tyler and he returns to Montana telling his family he is bringing his fiancee, although she is actually h
Jo-Ann Elizabeth Toth
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth in the series. In this one we meet Tyler Blackwell. He is the last set of twins and the oldest set of twins. He has been hiding his work to not go home. But it doesn't work. He draws Hadley Sullivan by creating a fake fiancee to save face. This story brings out a issue that sometimes comes out in large families. You'll need to read the book to find out. But it really brings this issue out well thru out the story. It also shows a time of redisovery for Tyler as he shows Hadley ...more
Cheryl
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
While I very much liked this story and am loving the series, I did not love Tyler. He’s very much a grumpasaurus...set in his unhappiness over his perception of past events. At first, I understood his feelings. His brothers all had similar feelings of loss, misunderstanding and sadness from their life after their parents died. But I felt that Tyler hung onto his the longest and hardest.
Now Hadley, I loved! She was thrown into a totally foreign place and situation to her, on the promise of a prom
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Marcie Robinson
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Rancher’s Fake Fiancée” by Amy Vastine is book four of the Return of the Blackwell Brothers continuity and features Tyler Blackwell and Hadley Sullivan.

Tyler returns to Falcon Creek to promote the ranch so it can be sold. He swore he’d never set foot on Blackwell land again, but if the ranch is sold, he believes it will take his painful memories along with it. He doesn’t return alone. He convinces Hadley to go with him, but she has to pretend she’s his fiancée.
Hadley agrees to Tyler’s cond
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Amy Vastine has been plotting stories in her head for as long as she can remember. An eternal optimist, she studied social work, hoping to teach others how to find their silver lining. Now, she enjoys creating happily ever afters for all to read. Amy lives outside Chicago with her high school sweetheart-turned-husband, three fun-loving children, and their sweet but mischievous puppy dog.

Return of the Blackwell Brothers (5 books)
  • The Rancher's Twins (Return of the Blackwell Brothers #1)
  • The Rancher's Rescue (Return of the Blackwell Brothers #2)
  • The Rancher's Redemption