Start by marking “Her Festive Flirtation” as Want to Read:
Her Festive Flirtation

Her Festive Flirtation

The bridesmaid, the best man…

A Christmas wedding they’ll never forget!

A year after being jilted, Ava Keller finds herself forced back up the aisle—as bridesmaid at a beautiful Cape Town wedding. Best man—and Ava’s first crush—Noah Giles is the perfect distraction from her painful memories. But their flirtation turns serious when Ava’s feelings for him resurface! Hurt whe
Published November 6th 2018 by Harlequin Romance Large Print

To ask other readers questions about Her Festive Flirtation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Festive Flirtation

nick
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been seeing a few of Therese Beharrie's books around and my co-blogger, Lisa, also enjoyed a book by her. I was also weirdly in the mood for a holiday romance in August so I couldn't resist downloading Her Festive Flirtation from NetGalley. This book gave me all the warm and fuzzy romantic feelings! The characters in this book were charming and adorable.

A year after being jilted, Ava is still reeling. Only it's a lot worse because her brother is getting married. I liked Ava a lot. She was
Kay (aka) Miss Bates
Therese Beharrie’s Her Festive Flirtation is neither festive, nor big on flirtation. It’s quite a serious romance about two people dealing with the hurt they’ve experienced in the past and avoiding their feelings for each other. Heroine Ava Keller was left at the altar by her fiancé of five years a mere year ago. When the novel opens, Ava is in a bad way in many ways: though she still hurts from Milo’s abandonment, she is in her brother’s wedding party, also a Christmas-set one. In the opening s ...more
Jess
I definitely liked this, but I found the back and forth a little frustrating, and while I TOTALLY get the heroine internalizing being unlovable and not letting her family in (possibly too much getting it?), it was also just not something that made for happy reading.

But I loved the voice and I'm definitely going to check more out by the author. Glad I picked it up.
Lisa

Ava and Noah had a boatload of issues--Ava was still dealing with the aftermath of being left at the altar, and Noah had issues that stemmed from his mother cheating on his father. Ava and Noah also had issues they needed to work out with each other, and I enjoyed the whole ride. The tension!!!

I love that I can always count on Therese to feed my angsty needs.

E-ARC is received thanks to the wonderful author.
Renae
Where was the festivity? Where was the FLIRTATION? If I wanted a book about angsty, wounded people with mommy issues, I would have asked for one. Her Festive Flirtation was not nearly as merry and bright as it should have been, and I am disappoint.

Uh, so, basically...this is just one big pile of gloomy self-pity. Ava was left at the altar and thinks there's something irreparably wrong with her as a result. Noah's cheating mother died when he was four and he has a lot of repressed feelings about
Gwessie Tee
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a sweet book, both of them hurting yet needing each other, Ive always said love is the best medicine and our sweet author proves it time and again.

I won't give spoilers but will say this book has many twists and turns along the way, even more than an emotional roller coaster, but I promise the happy ending is more than worth it.

Thank you for writing dear lady. X
Natalie
a great holiday read. Therese is so good at getting to the heart of her characters internal conflicts, all their fears and insecurities are so relatable. loved Ava and Noah together. Their grand gestures at the end LOL. so fun!
Richelle Robinson
Ava and Noah knew each other growing up. Noah is Jaden’s best friend and Ava is Jaden’s younger sister. They did have a mutual attraction when they were younger but they were kids. I enjoyed seeing the flashbacks and felt it helped me connect to the characters more. After a forbidden kiss Noah and Ava don’t speak or see each other for seven long years. A lot has happened during that time and neither character are the same.

Noah and Ava have some baggage from past relationships. My heart really b
Jessica Figueroa
Ava was left at the alter and rather then letting people see how it affected her she kept it to herself. Its been a year and now her bother is getting married so near the date she was to be married and old feelings are leaving her conflicted. If that wasn't enough her brothers friend Noah is back in the picture after not seeing eachother for so long and once having a thing for each other. Both are working on distracting eachother for the wedding they are supposed to be attending and the more the ...more
b.andherbooks
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Free copy received in exchange for a fair review!

Despite being jilted at her own Christmas wedding barely a year ago, Ava finds herself preparing to walk down the aisle again this holiday season. Yes, it is for her brother and he's wonderful fiancee, but Ava is still not thrilled she'll again be the center of attention. Pitied.

Even worse it appears her first crush, the man who she was caught kissing as a young woman, her brother's best friend, is also back in Capetown for the wedding, something
Lynn Brooks
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 STARS!

A delightful read! Full of emotion, this fast paced story is a great read about reconnection, family drama and self development. Each character has a past that has scarred them, yet they each care too much about each other not to want to reach out and grab on to what they're feeling. One of my favorites by this author for sure!

Ava Keller can't say that she's excited for her brother's upcoming wedding. She adores him and his fiancee, but this wedding is a year almost to the day that s
Dj
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The bridesmaid, the best man…A Christmas wedding they’ll never forget! A year after being jilted at the altar, (copy editor) Ava Keller finds herself forced back up the aisle—as bridesmaid at a beautiful Cape Town wedding for her thoughtless brother Jaden. Best man—and Ava’s first crush—Noah Giles is the perfect distraction from her painful memories. But their flirtation turns serious when Ava’s feelings for him resurface! Hurt when Noah left after their kiss seven years before, will Ava give th ...more
Writerlibrarian
A solid 3.5 stars. A sweet, yet, a little angsty contemporary romance. Childhood friends, family expectations, growing up and facing hard truths : Ava and Noah face these and find a way to happiness. The story focuses strongly on Ava's and Noah's inner journey and how they connect. I would have liked more of the secondary characters, especially Noah's dad and how they worked through their relationship. Still it was an enjoyable read.

This was a netgalley ARC.
Jenni Fletcher
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I loved this heroine. I like sassy, but vulnerable characters and (not to give spoilers) she has to face up to her traumatic past in a totally relatable way. This is an intense, often funny, but also heartrending read with real emotional depth. Also the hero is lovely. Definitely recommended!
Michelle Lindo-Rice
I loved the cover and the premise for the story. Ava was jilted at the altar and now has to walk down the aisle again as a bridesmaid. She is battling with her own demons from the past while helping her brother celebrate. Noah has issues from the past that he needs to resolve. I enjoyed their chemistry. A few points in the story were unclear to me but overall a sweet read.
Thank you, Netgalley!
Renée Dahlia
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Closed door romance. Second chance. There is a lot of emotional baggage and to-and-fro-ing in this book. Plenty of miscommunication from their early days together and that flow through to the current. I enjoyed this story, and it made me cry, which is always good.
Holly
Jan 03, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really liked the pacing because both h/h had their own issues to work on and then commit themselves to each other.
Wow, her SIL was awful and self-absorbed. I checked to see if she had a book and was glad she didn't. Her brother and SIL deserved each other and that is not a compliment.
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Therese Beharrie is a new to me author. The cover for Her Festive Flirtation is what captured my attention. I read the blurb and was intrigued by the story taking place in Cape Town. This prompted me to look up Therese and discover she was a South African author which further intrigued me.

Her Festive Flirtation is a second chance love story with a little Christmas thrown in and one of my favorite tropes, best friend/sibling. A year ago, Ava Keller’s world was turned upside down when she was lef
Caro
A solid 3.5 rating throughout the book, and the epilogue pushed it up to 4. A lovely story of self-acceptance, love and family.
CaroMommie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ava and Noah are so cute together. So beautiful in their brokenness, and their healing. It was so wonderful to see and witness their struggle and togetherness.

I looove this story:-).
Amber
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ava and Noah were brought back together years after an awkward kiss for Ava's brother's Christmas wedding. Ava got my attention almost immediately because she was still coping with being left at the alter almost a year before. While I found Ava intriguing, I didn't feel anything for Ava and Noah as a couple. The setting was a welcomed treat; how often do you read a novel set in South Africa? I absolutely loved it, but thought that the Christmas aspect was more so in the background rather than be ...more
Divena
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to adore this book. Instead I was so bored by this lackluster romance that I almost didn't finish reading. I was expecting a spicy Christmas romance but the Christmas stuff was nothing more than window dressing and Noah and Ava lacked passion.
Dorothy
Shannon Shields
Feb 17, 2019
NAT
Jan 04, 2019
Being an author has always been Therese’s dream. But it was only when the corporate world loomed during her final year at university that she realised how soon she wanted that dream to become a reality. So she got serious about her writing, and now writes books she wants to see in the world featuring people who look like her for a living. When she’s not writing, she’s spending time with her husban ...more