Start by marking “Saddle Up (Clean Slate Ranch #3)” as Want to Read:
Saddle Up (Clean Slate Ranch #3)

Saddle Up

(Clean Slate Ranch #3)

Reyes Caldero keeps his past buried deep and his emotions buried deeper. But what he doesn't say he always makes up for with his actions. When the hot chef he once saved from an abusive ex turns up at Clean Slate Ranch, the quiet cowboy is happy to act on their sizzling chemistry, even if he's not ready to share his secrets--or his heart.Miles Arlington needs to get the he ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published September 25th 2018 by Carina Press (first published September 17th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Saddle Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saddle Up

Lyn
Audio – 5 stars
Story – 4.25 stars

I've been looking forward to Miles and Reyes' story since book 1. No surprise, it turned out to be my favorite book in the series. Like the other two books, the pacing was a bit slow because the author includes a lot of day-to-day happenings. I didn't mind it so much this time. Unlike the first two books, this was a slow-burn/friends-to-lovers so the pacing made more sense.

Reyes reveals something dark from his past. I wouldn’t say it was glossed over, but not en
Steven
Thanks to Netgalley and Carina Press for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I really love Clean Slate Ranch. It's one of my absolute favorite MM Romance series, and it just works for me.

I've been waiting for two books now to get to Miles story, and the hints dropped since book one proved true as Miles and Reyes finally got their day in the sun, and it was chock full of heartache, struggle, and two broken people find their missing pieces together.

I don't want to spoil the s
Chris
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
I really enjoy this series and this book was great. It’s a slow burn ... seriously slow burn, but it makes sense with the trauma Miles had suffered. Reyes was perfect, although his teen angst was slightly annoying ... I guess there has to be drama but it felt like an unnecessary addition- surely the fire event was enough ? Anyway- I loved it ❤ warm & sweet ! ...more
Cadiva
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jumped into first place as my favourite in this series and a really good narrative which covers a number of delicate issues with sensitivity.

My only criticism was that Reyes' big secret drove his I internal monologues perhaps just a tad too much. I had an idea of what it might be and I was half right but I think, for me at any rate, the impact of it was lessened by a feeling of "finally it's out there" when his past caught up with him.

That was the only thing I didn't enjoy about this story thoug
Mandi Schreiner
Although there are some darker subject matters in this book, I still found it to be a very sweet, and feel good book. And with that being said, I also found it a little hard to get totally engaged - as everything was just too predictable...and well...a little too sweet. (Am I a jaded and bitter reader????)

Miles is a sous chef with an obsessive, stalker ex-boyfriend. This ex, Dallas, not only roughly manhandled Miles, but Miles is certain he was drugged one night and raped. He broke things off, b
Rachel Emily
WOW. I think that this one is my favorite in the series! I just LOVED reading about Miles and Reyes falling in love with each other. This had a bit of a slow burn (I don't think they kissed until somewhere between the 50-55% mark of the book) and I just adored them! I loved how Reyes was just completely in love with him, and willing to settle as being just Miles' friend rather than not have him in his life. Little bit of an age gap (I think 10 years) but that's not a big deal for either of them. ...more
Joyfully Jay
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Saddle Up is the third book in A.M. Arthur’s Clean Slate Ranch series. While the story could stand alone, Reyes and Miles have been side characters in past books (a prominent one in Reyes’ case), so being familiar with the series plot and some of the other characters will definitely enrich your reading here.

I have been intrigued by the quiet Reyes since the start of the series and was eager to see him find his match with Miles. As I said, neither man is ready for a
Natalie
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever since book one, Wild Trail, I wondered where Miles would fit in as a love interest for someone. I was pleased to see him paired up with the enigmatic Reyes, whose sexuality has remained a mystery. It’s been evident for a while that Miles has been traumatized in some way by his ex-boyfriend Dallas. Rooming with Reyes makes him a little nervous but Reyes quiet, careful demeanor and protective nature allows Miles a feeling of trust and their attraction slowly grows. I do mean slowly! It’s a lo ...more
BR11
Sweet MCs. Both a little damaged but super tender with each other. An asshole ex and some views into the life of the MCs of the 2 previous books on the series.
Annika
Audiobook review

I won't lie to you. I totally picked up this audiobook because of Greg Boudreaux. His narrations are magic and pure perfection, and combining that with cowboys and I was a happy girl.

Miles Arlington has dreams of becoming more than just a line cook, but more than that he needs to get away from his abusive ex who keeps stalking him. When he's offered a chef's job at the Clean Slate Ranch he eagerly takes it and moves up north and hopes this will be the fresh start he needs.

Reyes
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A copy of the ARC was provided through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I’m enjoying this Clean Slate Ranch series that so far has featured love matches for three young men who were friends in San Francisco—two in law enforcement, one a fireman. A series of accidents and heartbreaking injuries and the death of a friend sent them north to work on Mack’s grandfather’s ranch. In book three, it’s Reyes Caldero’s turn to finally find love and happiness and he finds it with Miles Arlington,
Truuss
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 2018
Good written and well developed story. The MC’s both had deep scars from their pasts either nearby or longer ago. Throughout this story we will get to know how deeply sad it all is.
It’s a slow burn story. The marvelous cast from earlier parts of this series makes it one large event with a lot of side stories.

The writing was captivating, the environments like a movie. The personalities all widely developed. A great addition to this series.

Kindly received an arc from the publisher
Danielle Gypsy Soul
To be fair I haven't read the first two books in this series and maybe would have enjoyed it more if I had. I was a little bit lost in parts as to the backstory especially the parts mentioning Geoff. This book started a bit slow but the second half definitely picked up the pace. I liked both characters although I liked Reyes more than Miles. It seemed that everything revolved around Miles even Reyes big secret seemed to be all about Miles and I really didn't like how he reacted given how patient ...more
Emalie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love A.M. Arthur, but this one was in my opinion the weakest of the series. I really liked Miles and his dramatic background story and I liked Reyes. (I'm not sure if my next sentence is really a spoiler, I'm still putting it into one)
(view spoiler)
Sahar
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
It was such a sweet and emotional read even though there was a few passages that I found a bit too sentimental for me. XD
That's just my non romantic side talking.
Beautiful story, well written that I would recommend to anyone who loves romance, cowboys and drama 😉
Lisa The Novel Approach
4.5 Stars

Saddle Up is the third installment in A.M. Arthur’s Clean Slate Ranch series. It’s Reyes Caldero’s turn to take the spotlight, and I must say of all three stories, I think I liked this one the best. There was something more intense about this novel that was lacking in the other two, and I think it came down to two components—one, the slow developing love story between Miles (Wes’ best friend) and Reyes, and the threat of imminent danger that Will had to grapple with on a daily basis.

Bef
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ 4-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Strangely, the cover looks more combative than romantic.
I did not read the synopsis before obtaining a copy to review. I'd already read the other books in the series and was looking forward to this next one.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person

As much as I love this author and her series, I found the first half of the book less enjoyable. The beat and broken attitude of one and the self-inflict
Ayla
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since book one I have been dying to get Reyes and Miles' HEA. They both are so quiet and a little bit secretive that I just needed to get to their story and unpack them. We slowly get hints about each of their pasts and it is both captivating and heartbreaking. Even through that, we see them both start to trust and open up to each other.

I liked that this was a slow-burn romance because it was very true to the characters. Even though there is some tension with each of their pasts playi
Michaelene
I’ve been waiting impatiently to get my hands on A.M. Arthur’s Saddle Up, and it delivered. If you’re on the lookout for a contemporary m/m western, I recommend you start with this series!

I gobbled this one down! Reyes Caldero came to the Clean Slate Ranch a while back, but he keeps his past close to the chest. The only person who has come close to breaking down his walls is all kinds of wrong—but oh, so right!

Miles Arlington has a stalker ex, and he needs out of San Francisco. An opportunity wo
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is my favourite book in the series yet. Reyes has been an intriguing mystery since the first book and in his own story he’s wonderful. Miles has his own secrets and when both men stop running from their pasts the future they build together is pretty perfect.

I actually struggled to remember Miles from the first book. He starts this story quietly. He’s a little bit mousy and much quieter than most of the characters on the ra
Pjm12
This is a slow, deliberate romance, with Reyes and Miles on go-slow for various reasons. I like the way Arthur didn't rush the romance or the leap into bed, despite the strong mutual physical attraction between the two.

Arthur's books always have a dark, sad edge, (sometimes right through to the middle, to be honest), and the stalking, abusive sub plot here is handled delicately and carefully. Reyes is clearly holding himself back on many occasions, and it's great to see his self-restraint.

This l
Claire
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
This is definitely my favourite in the Clean Slate Ranch series, after being a bit disappointed in book 2, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was great. Miles, who played a small role in book 1 is offered a job as chef at the ranches new ghost town attraction. He has to room with cowboy Reyes who has definite feelings for Miles. Both have secrets and traumas they will need to deal with if anything is going to happen in the romance category. Arthur deals with some heavy subject matter, not leas ...more
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Saddle Up is the third installment in the Clean Slate Ranch series.

Miles Arlington needs a fresh start. He has an obsessive ex that won't leave him alone. He's been through some traumatic events with Dallas and he just needs to get away and breath. When Wes, his best friend, offers him the head chef position at the ghost town, he knew he couldn't pass it up. It was the new start he needed, even if that meant rooming wi
Emily Seelye
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboys
This is the third and I think final book in the Clean Slate series. It features Miles, Wes’ best friend and Reyes, one of Mack’s best friends. This pairing has been hinted at since book 1 when there was an instant attraction. Wes and Mack have finally convinced Miles to move to the ranch and become the head chef at the ghost town saloon.

He and Reyes become roommates and their friendship blossoms. It eventually turns to love, but both men have to confront their pasts before they can have a HEA.

I
Ruthie Taylor
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the third book in the series, and I would highly recommend that you read them in order - you do need the background to the Ranch, the Ghost Town and the men themselves to really appreciate this story. I am assuming you have in my review.

Miles, we know has been badly abused by his ex, and is still nervous of what he could do in the future. However, he is internally a strong man, and it is lovely to watch that rev
T.M. Smith
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
Each new book in this series draws me further into the world Arthur has created at Clean Slate ranch. I love Reyes big, brooding, protective nature and how Miles brings out the best in him. Both men have darkness in their past but offer each other a safe place, a home.

Boudreaux does an amazing job making sure that each character is clearly definable and has their own voice in the story.

Fans of the author and narrator will surely already have this book in their lib
Gayle Francis Moffet
A slow-build and respectful love story marred heavily by having one of the leads be an abuse and assault survivor who doesn't seek professional help to heal. I'm tired of both the "abusive ex who assaulted me" narrative in romance as well as brushing off the healing process as being magically cured by the right dick walking in the room.
Kimberly
11/4/18 - 99 cents Kindle daily deal
Angie
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

You really need to read the previous books in the series so you have all the back story. I instantly loved Miles and Reyes. These two had so much baggage but they started slow and slowly worked through the baggage and their feelings for each other. I enjoyed seeing the opening of the Ghost Town and restaurant. We also caught up with characters in previous books which was nice. My favorite parts of the book were the trail rides and camping trip
Chandra
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I've wasted an entire day on this foolishness. Absolutely not!!!!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Straight Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #1)
  • Trust Me
  • Better Not Pout
  • Mad & Marvelous (Sassy Boyz, #4)
  • Edge of Forever
  • Unbroken Hearts (Unbreak My Heart, #2)
  • My Cowboy Homecoming (The Cowboys, #3)
  • A Prairie Dog's Love Song
  • Dragon Magic
  • Conquer the Flames (Lang Downs #4)
  • Cliff's Edge  (Willow Springs Ranch, #7)
  • Game Changer (Game Changers, #1)
  • Relationship Status (Ethan & Wyatt, #3)
  • A Cowboy's Home (Montana, #3)
  • The Fall (The Fall #1)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • Painting with Fire (Survivors Find Love, #1)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
No stranger to the writing world, A.M. Arthur has been creating stories in her head since she was a child and scribbling them down nearly as long. She credits an early fascination with male friendships (bromance wasn't a thing yet) with her later discovery of and subsequent affair with m/m romance stories. When not writing, she can be found in her kitchen, pretending she's an amateur chef and tryi ...more

Clean Slate Ranch (3 books)
  • Wild Trail (Clean Slate Ranch, #1)
  • Roped In (Clean Slate Ranch #2)