Start by marking “A Very Stable Genius” as Want to Read:
A Very Stable Genius

A Very Stable Genius

How do you poke fun at a man who's so absurd he practically satirizes himself? Even two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning cartoonist Mike Luckovich admits it's been a challenge covering the Cheeto-in-Chief in his internationally syndicated political cartoons. But Mike rose to the challenge, pulling no punches and stripping down Trump and his cronies with his signature wit and ...more
Published September 1st 2018 by ECW Press

To ask other readers questions about A Very Stable Genius, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Stable Genius

Start your review of A Very Stable Genius
Bettie

Description: Covering Trump's antics from the 2016 election through to the Mueller investigation, the cartoons in A Very Stable Genius tackle key moments in Trump's political career, offering scathing insights on everything from his disastrous track record with women to his revolving-door cabinet to his suspiciously intimate relationship with a certain Russian leader. Woven through with searing commentary and personal anecdotes, Mike's cartoons will shock and delight you, making you think as
KC
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's sad that this book is funny...
Canavan
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bryan Baecker
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: satire, political
This book is a brilliant satirical account by a brilliant artist about a sad man. The authors amazing cartoons bring me hope and scare me at the same time. I know there are a lot of people that are aghast at a Trump presidency (or even the thought of him not in prison) but there are still a lot of people who still support him despite his countless transgressions and often the hypocrisy of doing so.

The author is part of the resistance and his conclusion summarizes my sentiments on the sad joke
Bob Kowalczyk
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like the lady said in the song, "Nobody Does It Better". Luckovich's take-no-prisoners approach to capturing the lunacy of the Trump Era in editorial cartoons brings a continuous stream of hilarity (no, that's not a Clinton reference!) that really Helps America Keep Its Sanity. This collection is priceless and so is living in the artist's home base, where we get to see his work regularly.
Sheridan Colbourn
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Up to your Interptetation

I had lots of laughs Luckovich has a great way of satarizing the my truth. If you think Trump is a great president you will not enjoy this book Check out Dumpty if you enjoy this book.

NEIL E WELLMAN
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious

He cartoons my mind! Only BETTER!
Anyone needing a chuckle, at Trump's expense, needs to read this book. It was a JOY!
Jeff
Sep 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
A lot of Trump-bashing editorial cartoon by Mike over at AJC in Atlanta. It can't be healthy carrying around that much hate for one man.
Rachael
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very funny.
Don Riess
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent and couldn’t be any truer

Every entry was spot on...unfortunately. Excellent read! Hope we can get to a truly stable government sometime soon. Tired of all the losing.
Nita
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There weren't nearly enough cartoons! Mike like Rob Rogers is a political cartoon genius. Now, I'm going to read it again.
Michelle
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Very clever comics!
Linda Quinn
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great collection of political cartoons about, you guessed it, Donald Trump’s favorite topic.
Wilbur
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks, I needed this.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
This both made me laugh... and made me depressed. Ugh, so true.
Gail
Elizabeth
Jun 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Warning
  • Whose Boat Is This Boat?: Comments That Don't Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane
  • Dumpty: The Age of Trump in Verse
  • Sh*t My President Says: The Illustrated Tweets of Donald J. Trump
  • Super Chill: A Year of Living Anxiously
  • Mr. Higgins Comes Home
  • Queens and Pirates (Girl Genius The Second Journey of Agatha Heterodyne #5)
  • Our Encounters with Evil: Adventures of Professor J.T. Meinhardt and His Assistant Mr. Knox
  • The Shadow Out of Time
  • Asshole Nation: Trump and the Rise of Scum America
  • The Little Book of Self-Care for Taurus: Simple Ways to Refresh and Restore—According to the Stars
  • The Five Thieves of Happiness
  • The Problem is YOU: How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Conquer Self-Defeating Behavior
  • Seven Signs of Life: Stories from an Intensive Care Doctor
  • Bulldogs & Bullets (Dog Town USA #2)
  • These Colors Don't Run: A Collection of Reader-Submitted Medical Stories
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating
  • Chocolate Covered Death (Wine & Dine Mysteries #2)