Start by marking “Behind in the Count: My Journey from Juvenile Delinquent to Baseball Agent” as Want to Read:
Behind in the Count: My Journey from Juvenile Delinquent to Baseball Agent

Behind in the Count: My Journey from Juvenile Delinquent to Baseball Agent

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  14 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Kurt Varricchio redefines the meaning of a difficult childhood in his intimate memoir, Behind in the Count: My Journey from Juvenile Delinquent to Baseball Agent. Whether it was trying to fill his empty stomach with one last scoop of Ovaltine, getting tied to a tree, being punished with a wrench, or sleeping on the rooftops of local strip malls, Kurt's survival is nothing ...more
Published June 12th 2018 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Behind in the Count, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Behind in the Count

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Behind in the Count: My Journey from Juvenile Delinquent to Baseball Agent
Lyn Jacobson
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational and uplifting. This true story should be mandatory reading for all kids and adults too. Such impactful life lessons that make you think about what you can do to deal with the curve balls life throws at you!
David
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this as a recommendation from CASA OC and it is so well-written. A very moving, open, and honest depiction of the life of a troubled youth and what caused his childhood trauma. It is a long journey toward his own self-redemption. Highly recommend.
Jennifer Smalley
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read for all educators and social workers. The author’s resilience and keen perception of people is inspiring. A good view into why some people who grow up in dysfunction thrive while others crumble.
Ajai Deivendran
i want this book any body have plz give me my whats app +91 9884763622
Vanuza
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I can’t find words to describe how I loved to read this book.
Magnificent.
Sue Blackman
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible book and life story. I work at a public library so I am going to suggest that we add it to our collection. Very inspirational. I strongly suggest reading it.
Elizabeth Wagner
Jul 24, 2018
Kimberly Damon
Jul 05, 2018
Kurt Varricchio
Jul 05, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Danielle
Sep 08, 2020

• Unspeakable Things
  • Cruel: One Child's Story To Survive
  • River on Fire
  • Justice Lost (Darren Street #3)
  • Hippie Woman Wild: A Memoir of Life & Love on an Oregon Commune
  • A Nickel In My Shoe
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
  • Killing Mother: A Son's Memoir
Kurt Varricchio is the President and Founder of KVA Sports, LLC, a sports agency based in Orange County, California. Certified by the MLB Players Association, Kurt has been involved in professional sports ever since he completed his collegiate degrees. An alumnus of The University of Texas at Austin and Florida State University, he holds a Master’s in Sports Administration and a BA in Media Perfor ...more

News & Interviews