Start by marking “Deadly Class, Volume 8: Never Go Back” as Want to Read:
Deadly Class, Volume 8: Never Go Back

Deadly Class, Volume 8: Never Go Back

(Deadly Class #8)

The crew returns to Kings Dominion to discover things have changed in their absence. The program has changed. Master Lin's schemes revealed. Betrayal. Mystery. The secret of the catacombs beneath the school. A reckoning for the corrupt. Our friends try to hold everything together as Freshman finals loom ever closer...

Rick Remender and Wes Craig's darkly humorous look at th
Published August 6th 2019 by Image Comics (first published July 31st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Class, Volume 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Class, Volume 8

Kyle
Aug 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This was... not the most interesting (or riveting) Volume in the series.

Issue #36: Filler— a redundant head-trip through Marcus’s inner turmoil. Perfectly encapsulates depression and grief, sure, but we’ve seen it countless times before in this series.
Issue #37: Gorgeous action/chase scenes. I am so constantly in awe of the coloring and art direction. This was more my speed, even though I’m still not a fan of Saya.
Issue #38: Coming full-circle— back to the basics. It’s dawning on me how Maria is
James DeSantis
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
It's been awhile since I gave a Deadly Class volume lower than 4 stars.

This isn't horrible or anything. It's still filled with solid dialogue and great art, but it lacks any punch the series is known for. This time we have Marcus going on a personal journey in his head on who he is. It is revealed that, he is, a piece of shit. Then we move on to him and Maria returning to school and how everyone's perception of him has changed. Marcus has a plan and this time it's to strike back at the school.
Roy
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A return to kings dominion but kinda feels like a build of a new arc in a way.
Chris Lemmerman
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marcus and Maria finally return to Kings Dominion, but all is not as they left it. Shabnam and his Council rule the school, while Master Lin seems content to turn a blind eye to their machinations in favour of his own. Plus, a Free Comic Book Day flashback story!

Man, this series doesn't know when to stop. Despite all the insanity that Marcus and his friends have gone through, literally walking back into the lion's den doesn't seem to phase them at all. There's a hell of a lot of tension in these
CeCe Purnsley
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, comics
We're back at Kings Dominion but this time it feels entirely different. Nothing mind-blowing happened in this volume but I feel like it was used to bring everyone back to the place where everything started. The characters are in completely different places with new titles, and barely any of the squad that was there in the beginning are still around. The school is even under new status-quo now that Marcus and Maria are back. I felt like this slow ride back into the school was a great direction to ...more
Doug Peters
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, paper
I really liked this volume. It was nice to get back to familiar locales before everything continued to go off the rails. We're back in the thick of it, where I think this series does best. Remender continues to capture heady, dark aspects of human experience without being wholly depressing. Like so many of his characters in other series, things are always bad and getting worse for Marcus and Co., yet I am always heartened by their resolve to get through it. Whether they like it or not, they find ...more
Adam
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, comic-volumes
After the gory battle of the previous volume, Marcus and the Deadly Class gang find themselves drawn back to King’s Dominion. After eight volumes, I’m still blown away at how well each instalment is written; great volume.
Benny Regalbuto
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wes Craig is OUTTA HIS DAMN MIND!!!

But anyway. Even though I felt we retread some typical Marcus inner turmoil here, it was exceedingly well done (especially the commentary on music and art). And based on where things are headed, I'm excited as always for next time.
Nicole
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
EL MEJOR, EL WES OF DE PIPOL, NUNCA DEFRUDA
James
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Homecoming for the main crew and some become legacy. Some closure as well.
issabellareads
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
that last scene really got me
Lori
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
I guess. *Kanye shrug*
Eddie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series never fails to impress. Some great twists in this volume as well as character insight. Can’t wait for the inevitably bloody denouement.
Maria
Jul 27, 2019
Kenny
Aug 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Los Angeles, California. He is the writer/co-creator of many independent comic books like Black Science, Deadly Class, LOW, Fear Agent and Seven to Eternity. Previously, he wrote The Punisher, Uncanny X-Force, Captain America and Uncanny Avengers for Marvel Comics.

Deadly Class (8 books)