Start by marking “Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)” as Want to Read:
Quarrelsome Quartz (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #7)

Quarrelsome Quartz

(Cozy Corgi Mysteries #7)

A New Age conference comes to Estes Park, Colorado, bringing a cacophony of tie-dye, crystals, and murder…

As summer draws to a close, the Spirit, Health, and Heart Conference arrives, just in time for Winifred’s sisters to open their store next to the Cozy Corgi Bookshop. To Fred’s surprise, Chakras turns out to be a beautiful addition to the delightful mountain town. The

Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, cozy-mystery
This is such a fun, enjoyable, and entertaining story. It feels like I’m visiting friends whenever I read a book in this series. The author does a great job of bringing the reader into the story. I look forward to reading more in this delightful series.
Natalie
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This might be the best one yet. Fred’s sisters have opened their New Age shop, coinciding with the appearance of a famous couple in the movement. Aurora and Wolf bring some uproar to Estes and then Aurora’s murder causes a bit more. It was good to see some of the newer characters in the mix, although the regulars make appearances too. Ben and Nick add thoughtful commentary to the narrative, where their heritage is concerned. Zelda and Verona provide a little study on the effects of a twin-bond. ...more
Laura Thomas
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy-mystery
We’re back in Estes Park and things are really hopping. A New Age Conference is beginning and there’s lots of new faces, some of them famous. When one of the headliners is found dangling at the end of a rope, wrapped in crystals, Fred and Watson are once again on the case. Fred is hard pressed to solve this quickly as some people she cares deeply about are on the suspect list. And some of them don’t want her digging too deep.

This was a bit of a change for Estes Park. Usually Fred is the only one
John Amory
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are just so damn comforting. I'm a 30 year old man who turns into a 70 year old woman every time a new one comes out, reading under blankets with herbal tea and The Golden Girls playing in the background.
Lynn W Stubenrauch
Another fun mystery!

Book 7 and I'm still loving this series. I feel like I know this town and the people now. The mystery is a good one, I never did guess it right. Love these characters, they're so familiar after 7 books. The setting is wonderful. Really, for me this is a classic Cozy Mystery series. On to Book 8!
Lori Elms
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book.

I'm still really enjoying this series and I would recommend it to anyone who is a fan of cozy mysteries.
Shelly
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fred has been rebuilding her life and now we get to see even more of a personal aspect by the addition of her step sisters. Seems like Fred isn't the only one who attracts murder and mystery because the dead body of her sisters' idol is found in their store next door. Fred being Fred, she can't keep her nose out of it. Watson proves, yet again, that dogs have a true intuition about situations. Sometimes as humans, we often overlook little things that actually add up to be BIG things! Another goo ...more
Victoria Smiser
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Spirit, Health, and Heart Conference has arrived at Estes Park. Fred has stocked her Cozy Corgi bookshop with topical books for the attendees. Her step sisters Zelda and Verona have filled their new age shop Chakras, next door to The Cozy Corgi, with whimsical windchimes, statues, and jewelry. Even Katie, Fred’s partner in the bookshop is offering mini quiches for everyone in the gift shop to sample. Spending time in Chakras, Fred finds Aurora Birnbaum to be arrogant and dismissive, not at a ...more
Nina Derr
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
All these books are absolutely adorable and I love that with each book you learn more about the lead character as well as secondary characters. I hope these books keep coming for a long time. They definitely define a "cozy mystery."
Erica Chaillot
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Mildred’s books. Adorable characters, perfect setting and great plots. Definitely recommend to everyone.
Sherrel
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quarrelsome Quartz

Another fun adventure with Fred Page and her host of family, friends and some fanatics thrown in for good measure.
This installment explores innate good, good people who do bad things and people who are evil. The murder of someone in the New Age shop leads to the arrest of Fred's stepsister, Verona. Verona was being blackmailed over a secret that not even her twin, Zelda, knows.
It was a bit of a sad ending but sometimes consequences are sad for everyone.
Grammy 1
Release date July 28, 2018
Pages: 229 Pages
Genre: Contemporary Mystery
Rated: All Ages

Is it Book #7 already ? Time surely flies!!!! I can slip away for a quiet afternoon with Winfred and Watson and see the elk cross the street in Estes Park. I love this series where it’s a Calgon take me away moment.

Our focus is now on the twins, Fred’s stepsisters who are opening a n
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
There is something so calming and yet the mystery captures your attention at the same time in this cozy murder series.

Winifred (Fred) and her Corgi, Watson are getting closer to Fred's step-sisters. Verona and Zelda have opened a new age shop, 'Chakras' next door to Fred's bookstore. Fred loves having sisters but has kept a small distance apart, having been an only child. The twins are so excited about their upcoming opening that is coinciding with the new age conference being led by their inspi
Debbie Smith
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!!

Another good book in this series!! Each book is a stand alone book but my suggestion is to start from the beginning because they lead into each other. Onto the next one!!
Krystyna
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watson is the coolest dog on the planet

Terrific. Her sister's and brothers have nearly finished getting their shops ready for opening. However the planned spiritual conference is making her twin sisters fall out. Why? What is the secret that one of them is being blackmailed about? Things get worse when a zealous church group attack the couple leading the spiritual movement. Then when one of the couple is found dead and the twin is arrested for murder, she knows that she has to investigate. Ther
Robin Powers
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The town of Estes has another murder on its hands and this time Fred isn't all that sure she wants to be the one to solve it. With a New Age conference invading the town, the twins are heavily involved with the events as well as opening their new shop Chakras. But things take a turn for the dark side again and with awkward run ins with Branson and the police chief, Fred thinks about sitting this one out. All of the elements come into play in this book and we have lots of interesting new characte ...more
Marion E. Little
If you are a fan of Frost's books then Mildred Abbott is for you.

I fell in love with this series since the first book. Every book improves on the last. Better writing, better character development, and of course the plot lines too, however I still want the romance. (Sighing).

If you want a book filled with warm loving characters and a story that involves all great mysteries then this series is just for you.
Sue Paulsen
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mildred Abbott has done it again! Quarrelsome Quartz may be my fave story yet in the Cozy Corgi series! Quarrelsome Quartz is set around the new age store, Chakras, that is owned by Fred’s sisters. This story has some very unexpected twists and turns along with the usual banter and laughs that we have all become accustomed to with this series. I love that when I read these stories I feel like I am visiting old friends.

Is it too soon to ask for the next story in the series?
Arow
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit of a different spin this time around but still entertaining and the characters fun to take a journey with.
Lisa
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing read

Quarrelsome Quartz was so good.With the help of her family, friends, and of course Watson, Fred is at it again trying to clear the name of her stepsister for another murder that happens in Estes park. This author and series is amazing and I would recommend reading this book.
Margaret Connelly
Series has style

I enjoy the writing style of this series and cannot wait for the next book. I am also glad to hear that the books are becoming available as audio books. Good work Fred! Keep going. Your family is fun and your friends are entertaining
Dennis
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quarrelsome Quartz

Again we find Fred in the middle of death and murder but this one comes closer to home. Will she be able to figure it out? Great story and the characters are just wonderful.
Heather Martin
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quarrelsome Quartz

I really enjoy the mystery, Watson and Fred’s family. Fred though is not always my favorite. I feel like every book we go over the same things with her, over and over.
Cecily A. Preusser
Great Read

I have read the whole Cozy Corgi Mysteries and enjoyed every one! I wish that Fred would give Branson a break and just once punch Officer Susan right in the nose! I'm looking forward to the next installment!
gary c lehn
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series...........

As always I enjoyed the adventures of Fred and her short legged partner, Ms Mildred did a great job of gathering together the characters and putting them in the wonderful story. Thanks to the author for a good read.
Ann
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fred's sisters become involved in this story when a guest spiritualist to their convention is found murdered in their shop - Chakras. And although Fred doesn't want to become involved, of course she does.
This series keeps getting better and better
Linda Rainey
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Great Cozy

Another Great Cozy with Fred and Watson.
I loved the well crafted story and the host of quirky characters in this interesting town.
This book will be enjoyed by cozy mystery fans.
Kay D. Deely
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very satisfying!

This was an awesome addition to the series. I'm not sure how I can manage until October when the next one comes out.
Laurie
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I really liked the plot...it kept me guessing. The relationships and characters in these are really well developed.
Marsha Holz
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner

This was another great book I. The series. I recommend this series to all cozy readers & lovers. This series is in my I will reread a few times pie.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Menace in Christmas River (Christmas River #8)
  • The 39 Cupcakes (Movie Club Mysteries, #4)
  • Truffles and Troubles: Book 1 in The Chocolate Cafe Series
  • Death of a Double Dipper (Stormy Day Mystery #5)
  • Killer Dress (Shot & Framed #1)
  • Moving Violation (A Chloe Boston Mystery, #1)
  • Ice Cream and Incidents (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #13)
  • For Better or Hearse (Annabelle Archer, #2)
  • Pecan Pies and Dead Guys (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #7)
Reading the Cozy Corgi series is pretty much all you need to know about Mildred. In real life, she’s obsessed with everything she writes about: Corgis, Books, Cozy Mountain Towns, and Baked Goods. She’s not obsessed with murder, however. At least not at her own hands (nor paid for… no contract killing here). But since childhood, starting with Nancy Drew, trying to figure out who-dun-it has played ...more

Cozy Corgi Mysteries (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Cruel Candy (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #1)
  • Traitorous Toys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #2)
  • Bickering Birds (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #3)
  • Savage Sourdough (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #4)
  • Scornful Scones (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #5)
  • Chaotic Corgis (Cozy Corgi Mysteries, #6)
  • Wicked Wildlife (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #8)
  • Malevolent Magic (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #9)
  • Killer Keys (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #10)
  • Perilous Pottery (Cozy Corgi Mysteries #11)