Start by marking “Preach. (Church, #2)” as Want to Read:

Preach.

(Church #2)

A shattered woman.

A changed man.

Church Logan wanted to kill someone, and Emma Hartley wanted to die - they were a match made in hell.

But one little cut, a pint or two of blood, and suddenly everything between them is different.

Are they still destined for greatness? Or has the darkness finally eclipsed them and torn them apart?

Looks like it's time for Church to practice wha
Paperback, 1st edition, 272 pages
Published November 8th 2018 by Independently published (first published November 7th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Preach., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preach.

Natalie The Biblioholic
I honestly had no clue what I was getting into when I started book two of the Church duet. Aside from knowing how the previous book ended and anticipating where I'd find both Church and Emma, I was at a loss as to how this author would further twist my mind with this couple. And twist my mind she did!

Emma was right where we left her, making trouble for herself and pretending to be someone she definitely wasn't. She was just as lost as ever, leading me down the rabbit hole of her delusional mind.
warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Book 2 of 2 from Church Duet
POV: Shifting
Rating:

Church Logan and Emma Hartley were cut from the same cloth. They contently explored their dark sides together until ambitions started to get in a way. Now they must learn to find a middle ground or risk a bloody ending.

She wanted to become a monster. She wanted to use her teeth and claws to break bones and spill blood. To get back at anyone and everyone who hurt her. Anyone who made her feel small or weak or helpless

I
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤5 stars❤

What a ride, I'm speechless.I thought the first book was amazing but wait till you read Preach , I was blown away.This is a dark story with twists that you will not see them coming.

I didn't know what to expect when I start reading it, and what I find was so much more.Church and Emma were so complex and unique characters.

Stylo Fantome is so brilliant and talented!Her writing is beautiful and her story captivating and unique.

(I beta read it!)

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 “Diabolically Wicked” Stars

The darkness and craziness continues. I love how a book can grab you and keep you on high alert. Church and Emma are a match made in heaven or could it be hell? The demons that these two live with are perfect for each other. But in order to get to be together, there are several obstacles that need to be overcome. This author weaves diabolical and endearment together when writing about Church and Emma. This wild roller coast of a ride is wickedly fun and sinister.

Prea
Stylo Fantome
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
PREACH. IS LIVE!

Read the stunning conclusion to Church., both books are on sale for ONLY $0.99 for a limited time, OR always read FOR FREE with a Kindle Unlimited subscription

Church.

CC

Without interruption in the timeline, Emma Hartley and Church Logan are in a critical position if they are to move forward. Church knows they are meant to balance each other, but he needs Emma to also fully realize their dynamic to evolve as a couple. Despite her fears, Emma tests her resolve to prove she’s capable of trusting the darkness that lurks in her mind.

“She wanted to become a monster. She wanted to use her teeth and claws to break bones and spill blood.”

While the first book concentr
Lisa
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow I don’t know what I can say without giving anything away. I felt like I was driving without a seatbelt. on, it’s a thrill of a ride, I was left speechless I knew preach was going to be a dark read but I didn’t know how dark it would be. For me the ending was like (WHAT???) There has to be a 3rd book. Crazy 5 Star read

Happy Reading
Lisa
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stylo is in her trademark Twisted genre and seems so comfy in her seat. it's hailstorm of destruction and mayhem on the pages. Tread cautiously as all characters ARE NOT WHAT THEY SEEM, and your emotions with turn full around. What you hated, you'll fall in love with and whoever you loved, would surprise you into stupefication like disovering a whole lotta basement hidden underground!!!
Book is big on revelations and confessions, puzzles and dilemmas, whodunits and whydunits!!
Pray to Church and
Greta
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"You are special, and you're my church, and I will worship at your altar for as long as you'll let me. Forever and ever, amen."

Eh, siamo arrivati ad un altra conclusione. La conclusione di una storia malata, che parla di due anime affini, uno il complementare dell'altro, che riescono a trovare la pace.
Ammetto che mi è dispiaciuto tantissimo che fosse solo un duet, Preach è ancora più bello di Church ma attenzione, i manipolamenti e i problemi psicologici rimangono fino alla fine, questi due so
April
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!!

Dark and twisted romance.
So many times i thought i knew how this book would end and then the author would throw something else at you. My emotions went from shocked to angry then to “oh how sweet” I even wished I could read faster just to know what would happen. This couple is absolutely crazy but definite soul mates. Gotta love a HEA even for the crazies!!
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

I wish I enjoyed this duet more.

Stylo Fantome’s writing is fantastic and the way she tells a twisted story is mesmerising. I’ve enjoyed everything she’s written (that I’ve read), so it pains me to not enjoy Preach. It is dark—one of my favourite romance genres—though different compared to Church, as it shifts away from focusing on a detrimental co-dependency to something more sinister and manipulative.

"You once told me to embrace myself, to be okay with my darkness. I think it's time for you
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Preach. (Church, #2)
By: Stylo Fantôme
4.5 Stars

Well Hello Church and Emma!!! Boy oh boy…What a ride Preach takes you on! As you see, this is book 2 of the Church duet. You must read Church, #1 before diving into this one.

“You be the thunder, and I’ll be the lightning.
You be the cloud, and I’ll be the rain.”
“Forces of nature.”
“Of destruction.”

With these two dominating the world in their own little way, the way that they both feel most comfortable with, maybe peace will be found after all! The
Mimiorphee
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
Speechless. Truly, my mind has been blank since I finished Preach a few hours ago. What was that? What exactly happened here?

Emma has been hospitalized after her suicide attempt. Church disappeared to New-York two days later, leaving her to deal with her awful mom, Margo, the mysterious Jerry, her stepdad, Ryan whom she met in therapy and her two therapists Dr. Rosenstein and Drew Casperian.

With this second installment and conclusion to Church and Emma's story, Stylo Fantome thoroughly explored
TeriLyn
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, heroines-i-love
**Preach generously provided in exchange for an honest review.**

5 "You be the thunder..." Stars

Dark, twisted, intriguing, psychological, did I mention twisted? Preach comes as yet another interesting piece of Stylo Fantome's mentally stimulating reads that creeps up from the shadows of the morbidly curious. It's a dangerous book full of crazy, drama, and two characters destined for each other in the abyss in which they both live. It picks up where Church left off and really follows Emma's rise t
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
Arc provided in exchange for an honest review

I don't even know where to start. This book was freaking crazy. After reading it, I need a trip to the psych ward. It was so refreshing to root for the bad guys. I was like "Yes, murder them, murder them all!!!". And trust me, some in this book deserved to die.

This book picks up five weeks after the events in Church. Emma is seeking help from her suicide attempt. Margo is now her legal conservator and is keeping Emma and Church apart (since she bla
KFForever
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Sharon Thérèse at KindleFriendsForever

I’m not in the habit of reading dark romances; however, I read Church with a book buddy (she held my hand), and both of us enjoyed it immensely. Wow, what a cliffy, too! Not only was the suspense killing me, but I couldn't get the characters out of my head. Fortunately, the wait for Preach wasn’t that long and if I’d had the mistaken belief this duet couldn’t get any grittier, I was way off the mark! What I liked about the first book was
Dee Montoya
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark, bloody and AMAZING!!!
Damjana
DNF at 28%
Guess I am in minority here to DNF it, but heroine is annoying as hell and I found story quite boring at this point. I see all this good rating from others, but I just can't force myself to continue with it.

I am sure this is not my last book by Stylo.
Bethany-Kris
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Slower pacing than the first book.

Had a lot of this spoiled for me before I could even read it because I guess that's the cool thing to do now is you know, give a whole book away just because.

Could have been why I didn't connect to the pacing when I literally expected every single twist that was coming, essentially.

All in all, still love my fucked up Church, though.

And oh, hey, Emma's got a backbone. The icing on top.
WycEd Reader
Check out our Preach. Release Blitz post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Erica – ☆☆☆☆
Preach is sequel to Church, and it absolutely cannot be read as a standalone. If you haven't read Church, I suggest you don't read further in this review to avoid spoilers.

*However, this is a spoiler-free review of Preach.

Preach starts off a few weeks after the climatic ending of Church. Let's rewind a bit. Emma's mother, Margo, married Jerry, who is Church's father. The sociopathic bl
Meggie
4.5 stars!!

"You be the thunder," Church whispered in her ear. "And I'll be the lightning. You be the cloud, and I'll be the rain."

I love this author, and I loved the first book, so I had high expectations for this one- and it mostly delivered! With a dark and gritty voice and tone, this duet is the story of what happens after two children, both of whom were continually wronged throughout their lives, grow up and then find someone that fills all their dark places. It isn't pretty by any means, bu
Naughty Mom Story Time
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I thought the first book was raw and thrilling. Church laid the ground work of delving into both Church and Emma’s psyche. Preach brought it all home.

The way Stylo Fantôme delivers the story for these characters is magnificent. A masterful combination of first person and third person works deliciously well at giving the reader insight into the goings on in Church and Emma’s minds while telling the bulk of the story with a bird’s eye view. It’s truly exquisite.

These characters were broken,
Anne Milne
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Out of the two books I enjoyed this one more there's some seriously dark humorous moments that had me giggling. My favourite two crazies are back but just not together however is any force strong enough to keep them apart.

We know Emma is 'away' she's trying to be normal but those darn voices won't leave her alone. Church is plotting and planning and I dare say he's got a tad teensy bit obsessive hehe. Loved all the revelations one was kind of a surprise but you've got to watch out for the quiet
Di Covey
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Is love still love if it's rooted in obsession?"

All the twistery! I was guessing from beginning to end, waiting for that curveball. I love dark romances such as this, a psychological play with words, truths, the dark side of your mind. Age old question. Nature vs Nurture. Are we all capable of destruction? A trigger, a nudge into the abyss of depravity. Stylo Fantome delivers all the answers for Church & Emma. Two broken, jagged pieces forming a sadistic whole!

"I'm a monster. How do I kn
V💜Greedy~Thirst~For~Forbidden🖤
I thought book two would be better but I was, yet again, disappointed. I’m sorry to say this about an author I usually enjoy reading and an author who came up with with some amazing characters.

But Church and Emma weren’t appealing, not to me, the story was a repetitive tale and some chapters felt needless as they were a repeat of what was already told. So it felt like the story was on a loop and it only developed at the end.

I liked Jerry and the way he surprised everyone by acting th
Miriam
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to come very soon...
Ann
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Preach by Stylo Fantôme is book Two in the Church. This continues the story of Emma Hartley and Paul 'Church' Logan. This book is NOT a standalone book, you really need to read the first book 'Church' before reading this one. This book picks up not to long after the other one ended. Emma is under her mother's 'power' and as we know her mother is evil. Church is slowly working to get her back and settle the score with what has been going on. Emma and Church are two broken soles that found that to ...more
arissa
Once again I was starting to like Emma only to get annoyed at her a few times through the end. Nothing to complain about Church, I like him still.

btw that whole Jerry plot twist was a very interesting one.
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos, #2)
  • Micaden's Madness
  • The Darkest Descension (Breaking Insanity, #3)
  • Prison Promise (Prison Saints #1)
  • Stockholm
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • To Have and to Hold
  • Broken (Voyeur Book 3)
  • The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)
  • Destroy Me (Crystal Gulf, #1)
  • Black Kiss (Obsession Inc. Book 1)
  • Fading Out (Living Heartwood, #3)
  • Twisted Secrets
  • The Salvation of Daniel (Blue Butterfly #2)
  • I Found You (Starting Out #1)
  • Forgotten Promises
Crazy woman from a remote location in Alaska (where the need for a creative mind is a necessity!), I have been writing since ... forever? Yeah, that sounds about right. I have been told that I remind people of Lucille Ball - I also see shades of Jennifer Saunders, and Denis Leary. So basically, I laugh a lot, I'm clumsy a lot, and I say the F-word A LOT.

I like dogs more than I like most people, an

Church (2 books)
  • Church. (Church, #1)
“His mouth fell and she caught it and it tasted better than any of her memories.” 1 likes