Start by marking “I Don't” as Want to Read:
I Don't

I Don't

“I Do.”

My name is Whitney Wheeler and I’ve dreamed of saying those two words since I was ten years old. I thought my dream was finally coming true.

Fate, however, has other plans. My perfectly planned life hits a snag eight days before our wedding. I walk in on my fiancé on the couch with someone who isn’t me. Trying to “blow off” that visual, and without thinking, I acce
Published June 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about I Don't, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Don't

Heroesinbooks
4.5 Whitney and Lucas Stars

I really enjoyed this sweet and sexy story about two childhood friends who reconnect after a few years apart.

Whitney is a week off of marrying her fiancé , Trenton , when she catches him in a compromising position with his secretary. All her life Whitney has planned her dream wedding but maybe she was so busy doing that, she missed the fact that he was not the man for her. Her friends take her out for some girl time and they go to a male strip club where the hottest g
Debbie
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a little different from this author's other books, but in this case different works and works well!

Whit has been planning her wedding since she was 10 and is about to have it all. She is a week away from the perfect wedding to her perfect fiance.

One moment sends Whit's plans into a tailspin and has her questioning everything. A night out with friends to take her mind off it brings about a chance meeting with an old high school friend (who she was crushing on back then), Lucas.

Meetin
bookmarkbelles
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

This was my very first Andrea Johnston book and it definitely wont be my last! Its a slow burn second chance romance with a Hero and Heroine you cant help but adore.
A tad cliche, yes. But that didnt really bother me.
I loved the pacing of the story and the writing style was my cup of tree.
Perfect laid back read.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4 "It" Stars

I Don't was a feel good romcom. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it left a smile on my face once I finished reading. Filled with laugh-out-loud moments and characters I couldn't help but fall for.

Whitney has been obsessed about planning her wedding at a very young age. Wanting everything to perfect and nothing to come between having her day be nothing but spectacular. Just when she has everything down to a T, she didn't expect for it a
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Very romantic and funny!

*working on review*
Joy Novel Thoughts
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Oh my goodness!! What a fun read!! I had such a blast reading I Don't! I thought going in that this would be more of a 'Runaway Bride' story, but it definitely had more of a "Wedding Planner" meets "Magic Mike" vibe to it that I absolutely adored!

I Don't is a slow burn romance that will have your windows fogging up from the panting you will be doing leading up to the epic bang sesh! I was a little nervous going into this story because Winter Break also by Andrea Johnston had a little too much se
Kasey Sullivan
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Perfection isn’t a plan or a way of life, it’s living the best life there is for you."

My favorite part in this book were the best friends. It's awesome when an author writes secondary characters so well that you fall for them, maybe even more then the two main characters.

I'm not sure how to write my review. I liked this book. There were funny moments but I'm not sure I would title it a "romcom" but that's just me personally.

My feelings toward the two main characters are just in difference. I
Cassidy
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars

I Don’t is a light, fun read. The heroine, Whitney is trying to figure out what to do after she catches her fiancé cheating. I Don’t is the story of her discovering what she wants out of relationships and life.

I enjoyed this story, but it didn’t quite meet all my expectations. I feel like I kept being distracted with questions. Whitney was a fun heroine and Lucas was an enjoyable, sexy hero. I very much enjoyed the friendships the main characters has with the second characters. If you
Thuy Taylor
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun, good, high school crush second chance read! I loved it. Whitney is engaged and wedding day is coming up. Unfortunately, she walks into her house and her fiancé' is getting his groove on, and its not with his fiance'. This same weekend, she is hanging with her girls, her bachelorette weekend. She reunites with a high school crush, Lucas. He is a med student/male stripper/puppy transporter. An offer is made to take a trip with Lucas. Whitney has a chance to look at her life, r ...more
Stefanie
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet Peppers! What a fun summer read.

Another great Andrea Johnston book. Lucas is sweet, charming, thoughtful and hot. Whit has been through a lot but thankfully she has great friends. I love books with great friends. Loved how Lucas and Whit met. Loved the road trip. Loved the sweet gestures. Great HEA!
Dawn
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a phenomenal book. Andrea has literally electrocuted me. This story zing-ed me. It zang-ed me. I felt the electricity!. This book is IT! Whitney and Lucas' story is hilarious and sweet and hot. Strippin', roadtrippin' and all the feels. Do yourself a favor and get this book. Andrea's writing style draws you in and never lets you go. It was hard to put this book down. I would have given it more stars, but I was limited to a measley five.
Letica
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again another fantastic book by Andrea! Loved this story. So sweet and slow burn. Lucas is the perfect book boyfriend! sigh, can't wait for more by Andrea.
Aly
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zing. Zang. Electricity. It.

This book is EVERYTHING and has EVERYTHING a reader could possibly want. A second chance love story with puppies, male strippers, road trips, a great group of supporting characters, a smart heroine, and a sweet hero- really, what else is there?!

I Don’t is another excellent book by Andrea Johnston and one of the best things I’ve read this year!
Megan
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. The kickass friendships, the laugh out loud moments, the enviable chemistry between Whitney and Lucas. Each new part of the story pulled me deeper into their world and I didn't want to leave. This will definitely be one of my new favorite book recommendations!
Heather M. Orgeron
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Johnston had me swooning and smiling throughout Whitney and Lucas's journey. If you're a lover of slow burn, second chance romance with characters who are both lovable and relatable, I Don't is for you!
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This was my first from this author.

If you love a slow burn romance, a friends to lovers, then this is for you. It wasn't for me. The nerdy girl and the hot guy with the heart of gold was a little cliche for me.
The storyline was not what I had been expecting so maybe that has something to do with the 3 stars review.
When Whitney leaves on a roadtrip a week out from her wedding with a guy she knew almost a decade ago, and her friends encouraged it, doesn't feel relatable or sensible. I wanted to in
Michelle
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing and fun read. Such great writing and I'm pretty sure this is my first Andrea Johnston book, but not my last.
Nance
OMG! I loved this book! Sat and read it in one afternoon. Sweet. And, swoon-worthy ( I tend to say that a lot, but it’s so true with this one)! HOTTT! And, romantic. Lucas! What an Adonis! And, Whitney, I felt so bad for her. But, she’s a strong one. Loved their whole back story how they were friends their sophomore year of high school. You can’t go wrong with this one! So much fun:)

Zing.
Zang.
Electricity.
It.
Andrea
May 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
zang_final_Facebook

I Don't cover reveal is this Sunday, June 3rd!!! Are you excited?

BLOGGERS, Sign Up for Cover and Release of I Don't: https://goo.gl/forms/VajGFsMEdRyL2d2Y2
Kathy Schofield
I Do, I Do, I Do. . .

Another great read from Andrea Johnston. I have been loving this Author and her work for a few years now. This latest release, I Don't is such a great read. The chemistry between the two mains characters, Whitney and Lucas is evident from the very beginning, going back to when they were teenagers. The supporting friends of both Whitney and Lucas were absolutely hysterical.
I was able to read this book in one sitting on a rainy long weekend... perfect reading weather!!
Beth
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
had to be sure i had not read anything from Andreae before??! i have yet to do so ...she is a newbie author ...love her style. so funny .... standalone, slow burn romance, friends to lovers, these characters are so loveable and relatable. so very romantic and funny. i love funny reads. humor and so many silly moments! will read more from Andrea soon enough. love this cover!!
Andrea Guy
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I have never read a book that I wanted to turn into a movie so much before. Now dhn't get me wrong, I'm the last person that usually loves a "wedding" themed book. I'm 44 and I can't even remember the last wedding I attended.

I loved Whitney and Lucas, though for the first 1/3 of the book I wanted to give Whitney a nice shake. Nope, there wouldn't have been a few seconds before the wedding would have been off, after what Trenton did.

Nope, no thought, I don't care how pretty the dress was or
Tasha Talks Books Blog
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Lucas!!!

Quirky Wedding Planner meets Magic Mike. Loved this book. It was addicting from page 1. This book will make you go through the motions. I would laugh one moment and the next be on the edge. I need me a Lucas. My own Lucas. Lucas has this gigantor heart and he touches me more than any other MC has thus far this year. This is definitely a must-read.
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
description

I Don’t is my second book by Andrea Johnson and I can tell you she’s got a fan for life at this point. I literally have nothing but love for her writing style, plots and characters. I Don’t was a Rom-Com about friends reuniting years after they’d lost touch when the heroine catches her fiancé cheating just days before their wedding. It’s a fast read that drew me in as soon as I picked it up and I was hooked until the last word! I Don’t wasn’t so much an angsty read as it was more sweet and sexy
Mary Dean
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite things to happen when I'm reading a book is for the story to surprise me. And this one did. I thought this was just going to a be a story about a woman who gets hurt and then realizes she loves a friend and they ride happily off into the sunset. I was wrong. And so glad I was.
This is the story of Whitney, a woman who has waited her whole life for her perfect wedding only to find that dream crumble around her as she catches her cheating fiance in the act. She goes for a girls
Natasha
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
So wedding season is upon us, and what better way to enjoy that then a wedding rom-com?

Whitney has been dreaming up the perfect wedding since she was ten. As she was heading to her bacherlette party, before having to turn around. She forgot her contact lenses. Walking into her house a unwanted sight greats her. Her fiance's secretary is on her knees giving her fiance a blow job. Just eight days before they are due to be married.

Her and her best friends still head out for a girls weekend- but s
Lauren Barrows
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-top-books
I Don't is a standalone romantic comedy by Andrea Johnston. This is one of my favorite reads of 2018! It was a departure for Andrea in the sense that her writing style still holds the quirky, lovable banter that her readers have come to love but also showed a really raw emotional side of some characters. You see the proverbial warts and all which is awesome because it is messy (and funny) like real life.

Whitney has the perfect life, perfect fiancé Trenton and she has done everything she can to e
Holly H
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I Don’t was just as sassy and sweet as I expected when it comes to Andrea Johnston.

This story started off with a bang and ended in a way that made me sigh with contentment. Whitney and her best friend, Jessi, were relatable and hilarious. Picture your real-life best friends and you’ll get it: yoga pants, take out, wine, reality tv, the works (AKA my kind of night).

Lucas DeCosta made for a swoony main man, with enough sweetness and a whole lot of sexiness to counteract the villain of the story.
Hot KU Romance-Dani
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Since I first saw this cover “Ready to Run” by Dixie Chicks had been playing in my head.....Thanks Andrea lol I had this idea that this story was going to be all about a run away bride. Boy was I wrong. It was in fact so much more than that. Super cute and super fun, I enjoyed this light hearted and unique story by Andrea Johnston. From magic mike dancers to road trips, puppies, great friends and booze this book had me from the start.

The characters were fun and inviting, they were created with j
Kristina Bowen
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whitney & Lucas are your next #relationshipgoals couple. Between Magic Mike, Lighting Strikes, and love that doesn't go away this is the absolute best book of the year. The best part was the drama at the beginning of the book, and I mean drama. That started the book off so fast I never wanted to put it down, I was so intrigued I had to find out what happened. I loved how much Jessi was a best friend to Whitney and never gave up on that while Whitney found herself. Jessi is a one in a million ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Switch Stance (Charitable Endeavors, #1)
  • The Girl Behind the Red Door
  • Homefront Hero
  • Once a Moretti Wife
  • 33 Valentines
  • You & Me & Why We Are in Love
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • Whispers at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #10)
  • Summer's Family Affair
  • The Heart of Him
  • What Belongs to Her (Templeton Cove, #3)
  • Sweet Carolina Morning
  • All She Wants for Christmas is Her Dom (1Night Stand, #60)
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • Sweet Seduction
  • My Wicked Gladiators
  • The Christmas Diary
  • A Marquess for Christmas
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner