Start by marking “Season of Denial (Scandalous Scions, #7)” as Want to Read:
Season of Denial (Scandalous Scions, #7)

Season of Denial

(Scandalous Scions #7)

He’s a rake, she’s a not quite a spinster. Life is interesting when they’re together, but…

When her twin sister, Bridget, betrays Lady Mairin’s trust by marrying a man within the Great Family, Mairin determines she will find a suitable husband elsewhere, no matter what.

Iefan Davies, the family rakehell, who has rejected both the family and society, introduces Mairin

Published September 20th 2018 by Stories Rule (first published September 12th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Season of Denial, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Season of Denial

Start your review of Season of Denial (Scandalous Scions, #7)
Alda  Delicado
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It continues to amaze me how Tracy Cooper-Posey keeps coming up with new plots and storylines and every time I pick one of her books I never know where I will end up. Season of Denial doesn’t disappoint and it’s certainly one of the best in this series. The historical details, the characters, and the plot twists are effortlessly intertwined to create a thoroughly entertaining romance.

The story starts with the typical wallflower in her sixth season still waiting for a proposal and the typical ra
Chandera
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Season of Denial” is the seventh book in the Scandalous Scions series, and with each book the series gets better. I just adore this series. Each book has drawn me in and especially this one. This is Iefan Davies, who is the heir to the Davies family and a cousin, at least honorably, and Mairin Williams who is upset her sister married Will, whose of the Family, and had a daughter together story. Mairin and her sister Bridget when they where younger did not wish to marry within the Family, they a ...more
Dina Bushrod
What an exciting historical romance. You can tell the author does plenty of research for this time period; so much so that you'd swear she was part of this great family. We have a man, known as a womanizer, who wants nothing of the settled married life and is use to doing what he pleases without having to answer to a wife. We also have family member who is determined not to marry a member of the "family" as her sister has done, but know not how to win and keep the man she wants.. After years of ...more
Katherine
Sep 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Linda
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For me there is no competition when it comes to Tracy Cooper-Posey's historical romances as she always offers her readers wonderful, well-crafted characters that come alive in this engaging series... This book had it all, with realistic dialogue, an author's obvious love for history, and characters that leap off the pages and will keep readers engaged and rapidly turning the pages... This story featured Lady Marin who after 6 seasons is considered by society a spinster and her firm determination ...more
Mom2three
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't start this one if you need to go to bed, need to feed the family, need to go to work, etc. In other words, don't start this one unless you have the time to dedicate to reading it from cover to cover. I made the mistake of picking it up at bedtime, telling myself I was only going to read a few chapters. Before I knew it, it was 4:30am and I had finished it.
This is one of my favorite series in the historical romance genre. Tracy Cooper-Posey fills her stories with complex characters, strong
Kathi
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captivating View into the Victorian Era!!

Mairin is tolerating her 6th season; ready to go to the country and give up on a match. When Iefan, who stays a bit outside the family influence, takes her under his wing and shows her a more “relaxed” side of the ton. Iefan also gives her tips to snare a duke – quite successfully. It may become a case of “be careful what you wish for”.

The reader is once again brought into this fascinating family, and their private flaunting of societal norms in deference
bibliolatry
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book! I couldn’t put it down. Tracy’s writing is perfectly balanced. She gives just enough detail that it can all be visualized and understood clearly, yet she doesn’t waste pages and pages unnecessarily. She writes with economy and beauty.

I loved the unique characters and exciting plot. There was no miscommunication, no pretense, no immature or unrealistic behavior by any characters. The main characters were both admirable and fascinating people.

Each book in the series gets be
Brittany
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love in the Great Family continues. This book was Mairin and Iefan’s story. I love how the couples featured in the previous books always make reappearances so you can see how they are doing. It really adds to the whole ‘family is everything’ vibe. Everyone is connected and shares an enviable bond. Everyone should be so lucky to have such an amazing family. But it’s not all hearts and flowers, no insta-love, either, thankfully. Cooper-Posey’s stories are always richly steeped in historical detail ...more
Susan Savopoulos
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was able to read this book as an ARC.
As with anything that is written by this author I loved it.
It is no 7 in the series. But it can be read as a standalone.
As in the previous books it picks characters that have been mentioned before to now make their story the main story. This time Lady Mairin of the Great Family and Iefan Davis, her cousin, also of the Great Family are the featured players.
Mairin decided years ago that she did not want to marry in the family. Iefan does not want to give up h
Deborah-Ann Scott
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just finished the latest installment. The family saga continues and is as riveting as the very first book. I read it in a few hours. Iefan and Mairin's relationship starts easy and gets complicated. The name of the book truly depicts the contents. Thanks Mrs Cooper-Posey

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Bonnie B Billings
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read this

The characters are so well drawn and the writing is flowing and easy. I liked the story going from London to Algeria as the lead female found her independence. Yes the main male went rather quickly from a scoundrel to a man in love unlike the female but it lead to a n exiting hea.
Betty Ritcheson
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The great familiar

Another hit. I was afraid this book wasn't going to be as good as the others when it first started out, but then the pace picked up and I couldn't put it down. So if you think it is a bit slow going I suggest you keep on reading and you won't be disappointed.
Sandy N
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book seven in the series and so far this one is my favorite. The book cover was awesome. There is just the right amount of sexyness between the sheets without it being too overbearing. Bring on the next one.
I voluntary reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Cathy Crane
Jan 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!

This series gets better and better. Each book is better than the last. I love this family, they have each other's back and makes for excellent reading. I highly recommend this book and on to the next book.
Heather Baxter
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read, with this great family.
Kathleen Crowell
Merrill Cutts
Apr 10, 2020
Shasha
Jan 05, 2020

• Enter the Duke (Game of Dukes, #2)
  • The Return of the Duke (Game of Dukes, #5)
  • Darling Duke (Heart's Temptation #6)
  • A Rogue to Remember (The Hellion Club, #1)
  • A Kiss in Spring (Kiss the Wallflower, #3)
  • Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • It's Only a Scandal if You're Caught (The May Flowers #2)
  • Her Virtuous Viscount (Wicked Husbands, #6)
  • Barefoot in Hyde Park (The Hellion Club Book 2)
  • Wagered in Winter (The Wicked Winters, #5)
  • A Second Chance (West Meets East, #3)
  • A Wild Adventure (West Meets East, #4)
  • A Tempting Voyage (West Meets East, #6)
  • Her Missing Marquess (Wicked Husbands Book 5)
  • The Brynthwaite Boys - Season One - Part Two
  • The Brynthwaite Boys - Season One - Part One
  • A Lady's First Scandal (The May Flowers #1)
  • The Brynthwaite Boys - Season Two - Part One
Tracy Cooper-Posey is an Amazon #1 Best Selling Author. She writes romantic suspense, paranormal, urban fantasy, futuristic and science fiction romances. She has published over 100 novels since 1999, been nominated for five CAPAs including Favourite Author, and won the Emma Darcy Award.

She turned to indie publishing in 2011. Her indie titles have been nominated four times for Book Of The Year and

Scandalous Scions (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Rose of Ebony (Scandalous Scions, #0.5)
  • Soul of Sin (Scandalous Scions, #1)
  • Valor of Love (Scandalous Scions, #2)
  • Marriage of Lies (Scandalous Scions, #3)
  • Mask of Nobility (Scandalous Scions, #4)
  • Law of Attraction (Scandalous Scions, #5)
  • Veil of Honor (Scandalous Scions, #6)
  • Rules of Engagement (Scandalous Scions, #8)
  • Degree of Solitude (Scandalous Scions, #9)
  • Ashes of Pride (Scandalous Scions, #10)