Start by marking “Country Gold (Wilder Sisters #1)” as Want to Read:
Country Gold (Wilder Sisters #1)

Country Gold

(Wilder Sisters #1)

A second chance...

A scandal ended the careers of the Wilder Sisters, the chart topping country rock band. But Lexi Wilder is okay with that, thanks for asking.

She's been on the road since roughly forever, so she’s going to enjoy the break. After all, there's nothing quite like the beautiful sandy beaches of Monterey Bay to soothe a woman's soul.

Luke Wyatt never wanted to
Published September 17th 2018 by Heatherly Bell Books (first published September 8th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Country Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Country Gold

Julie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for InD'tale Magazine- November issue.

4 stars
Nikki Barrett
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love me some country music, and when I can find it in a romance novel, I'm doubly happy!

I'd heard of this author before, but until this one, hadn't read her. I may even have some of her books in the TBR pile, but Country Gold caught my eye. Automatic one-click!

Luke and Lexi are a couple of stubborn people, and oh my, when Luke returns to his hometown to catch a breather and find inspiration after his tour ended, he's on a non-stop mission to win Lexi's heart back. However, she's not having an
Yvonne Cruz
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the start of the new series , Wilder Sisters. This one belongs to Lexi Wilder , the oldest of the sisters and the one that is the caretaker of the family. She and her siblings had been one of the most successful girl country bands, until a sex scandal destroyed their image and the band. Now they are trying to keep afloat their grandmother’s B & B in a small town in California.
Luke Wyatt who used to work for them and also was Lexi’s one true love, has been gone for a year . He i
Liz
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited to read Country Gold by Heatherly Bell. I was intrigued by the blurb and I was not disappointed. I am a huge fan of actor/musician stories as they try to maneuver real life with fame and fortune.

Lexi Wilder and her sisters were part of a successful country band, until a scandal brought them down. Now they are living a quiet life back home. Lexi is okay with that. Luke Wyatt just finished his own tour and is ready for a break. He decides to go home and get his girl back, but can Le
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Country Gold will weave its magic on you the way good (country) music does on your soul. I grew up on country music, it's storytelling set to music and as a small town girl, it usually tells the story of my life, so Ms. Bell did a great job writing a book that feels authentic and real.

Dimple
Shelves: 2018
Country Gold will weave its magic on you the way good (country)  music does on your soul. I grew up on country music, it's storytelling set to music and as a small town girl, it usually tells the story of my life, so Ms. Bell did a great job writing a book that feels authentic and real.
The Wilder Sisters were a squeaky clean country band at the top of their game until their fans turned on them. Sporting a super clean, purity brand, things went awry when a sex scandal broke with one of the girls
Lisa
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Country Gold is the beginning of a new series by Heatherly Bell. The “Wilder Sister” series is about a popular country group made up of three sisters. The group disbanded when a scandal came to light about one of the sisters. After their career ended, the sisters returned to Whistle Cove, California to run their parents hotel.

This particular book is about Lexi and Luke. Lexi is the older Wilder Sister who had a romantic relationship with Luke for years. However, they broke up when he started tr
Kathy Rouchelle
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written story surrounding Luke Wyatt and the love of his life, the one he had and then lost, Lexi Wilder. Two country singers, she a part of the once successful Wilder Sisters, he once part of their band, now the solo country sensation. The girls band, now away from the music scene because of an unfortunate and scandalous incident involving the youngest sister, are running their family's B&B back home. Luke, finishing a huge tour. Needing a break to recharge and write some songs, ...more
Lynn Brooks
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
With the first book in her new Wilder Sisters series, Heatherly Bell brings us Lexi’s story. We see her come face to face with her old boyfriend and get a front row seat as he tries to rekindle their flame. The premise of the story is interesting and the characters were quick to grab my attention. I would have preferred a little more depth to the backstory of their relationship and the timespan, etc. to give me a deeper picture, but overall a satisfying read. Looking forward to the sister’s stor ...more
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of the book before release for an honest review.

I am a big fan of this author from her other stories so I was pretty excited to hear about this new series and it was a wonderful rock star/romance with some good small time and friends vibe. It is #1 of the Wilder Sisters series.

This first book is about Lexi and Luke. Lexi is the oldest sister and she has always helped take care of her sisters. They are all girl band that look was a roadie with. But then a scandal rocks t
Within The Pages Book Blog
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This new series by Heatherly Bell is a show stopper!! A #1 hit just like the song from the book. Country Gold has just the right mix for a second chance at love romance. It has wonderful characters and secondary characters, comedy, drama and heartache.

Luke chose his music and fame over the girl and now he regrets it. He was gonna a year on the road and now that he is home he finally has his priorities in order. One problem, the girl he loves won’t forget the fact that he left her.

Lexi, also a
Barbara
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in Heatherly Bell’s new Wilder Sisters series, and I can’t wait to read the others! The country music backdrop– with a girl group that disbanded after a major scandal and the rising star of the roadie-turned-singer – evokes high-concept, and author Bell puts her own unique twist on it. It’s the Dixie Chicks meets A Star is Born, with heartache, tons of roadblocks, and a satisfying happy ending for main characters Lexi and Luke.

I really loved the relationship growth for Lex
Danielle Frisinger
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Lexi and Luke's story , they were together until he chose his career over their love and now Lexi and her sisters are trying to keep their families B&B running.
Luke is finished with his tour and now he wants to relax on the beach and get his one love back but that might not be as easy as he thought.
This is a cute second chance romance and it shows how life can throw you for a loop and how strong you have to be to keep the ride going and your love strong
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

This was my first book by this author and her first book in her Wilder Sisters Series and I am so glad I had the chance to read this book. U found a great new author to love an addictive new series. This series is about a group of three sister who are county singers the wilder sister who had a scandal that ended there country music careers. They have all !over home to California to help run there parents hotel. This book is about the oldest sister Lexi and Luke. Like was on your with them and he
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a new series and I loved it!

Luke, a country music superstar, returns home to try to win Lexie back, more than a year after they broke up. Lexie wants no part of Nashville life and does whatever she can to discourage Luke's advances. I really liked both main characters and loved Lexie's family as they could be quite funny.

I am definitely looking forward to more of the Wilder sisters!!
Cat Kelley
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was great!

This is a good book that needs to be made into a Hallmark movie. Well...most of it anyway. As a country music fan that loves a good HEA story, this is a good example. It has all the major components; strong characters, a misunderstanding and interfering influences. Now I will be wishing my life away waiting for November for the next installment.
Kelly cowee
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book Country Gold is the first in a series, Wilder Sisters. The oldest of the sisters Lexi is the caretaker of the family and looks after her grandmothers BnB. Lexi and Luke Wyatt were in a country band along with the other sisters until a scandal hit. Lexi and Luke were in love but when the scandal rocked the band Lexi left and Luke went solo. After a huge tour Luke needs a break and goes in search of Lexi to find out what happened. Is there hope for these two and will things work out betwe ...more
Amber Goodwin
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by this author but definitely won't be the last!

Luke and Lexi have a past...a past Luke wants a second chance at. Lexi is out of the country music eye, running the B&B with her sisters.
Luke is done touring and ready to take back what his. The one person whonhad his heart. Now he just has to convince her. Will she be able to give him a second chance?

This was a great book and I can't wait to read more of the Wilder Sisters!
Linda Buzard-Moffitt
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good start to the New 'Wilder Sisters' Series by Ms. Bell. I enjoyed the characters and the story line. Lexi and Luke both return home to Whistle Cove for a much needed and well deserved break from their Musical Careers. Though they are being pressured to make more music together, Lexi can't forgive Luke for choosing music over her.
Cherie Maggi
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great start to a series I know I"m going to love
Lenda Burns
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book.
I loved the characters and the plot.
Both were so well developed and true to life.
This is a winner
I love Heatherly Bell's stories, she gets right to the heart of things.
Jess Lawson
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Country Gold is the first book in the Wilder Sister's series by Heatherly Bell. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This second chance romance was spectacular. I loved the story of Lexi and Luke. Even if Luke needed to find himself. This story is exactly what second chances are all about.
Julianne
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun read

I really want to spend a week at that B&B.:) I enjoyed getting to know all of the family and can't wait for more.
Melissa
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is #1 of the Wilder Sisters. This first book is about Lexi and Luke. A scandal ended the careers of the Wilder sisters, but Lexi is fine with that. Luke keeps coming up to his hometown of Whistle Cove to win over Lexi, but each time she refused to see him. He refused to leave this time. Can they make it work this time? Time will time! The end I loved.

This was a good book about forgiveness and love. I can not wait to read the other Wilder Sister books.

☆☆☆☆
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Re
Brenda
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a new to me author. The story was good and I would recommend that you read it. It was a bit slow going for me. It seemed to drag a little but in all a good read. Lexi was in a band with her sisters and Luke was a roadie. They fell in love then her world fell apart and his world got better. Luke wanted her back and didn't intend to leave without her. There is a second book coming and I'm eager to read it also.
Christie Sitterly
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heatherly Bell tops the charts with her story of the romance between country stars Luke and Lexi. Bell does a fabulous job of keeping the romantic tension going. Her use of scenery captures the reader and enhances the story. I can't wait to read the next novels in this series!
Heather Nobbs
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked on this book from the very beginning. Luke was your sexy country singer that was portrayed as a bad boy by the industry but really was just a small town guy in love with a girl. Lexi was part of a country singing girl group with her sisters that fell from grace by a scandal involving her sister. Lexi and her sister retreated to their hometown and ran the family’s b&b while lying low. After his tour ends Luke needs time to rest and regroup plus he needed to show Lexi that he is r ...more
Pam
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luke has hit it big! A country music newcomer with a #1 song & top selling album. Too bad he can’t stand to sing the song anymore. He may have gained the fame but he lost the girl. Lexi was for him stepping out of the background when her band was steeped in scandal & were dropped from their tour & their label. After trying a long distance relationship, they broke up. Now Luke has realized what he lost & is back to try to regain their relationship. Can Lexi let go of the bitternes ...more
Alicia Harrietha