Start by marking “Norah (The McKades of Texas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Norah (The McKades of Texas, #2)

Norah

(The McKades of Texas #2)

He may not be a cowboy … but that won’t stop him from wrangling her heart.

Chase O'Donnell is the proud new owner of the Caldwell Ranch—or maybe he's not so proud. Annoyed would be more like it. With the untimely news of his inheritance, his first thought is to sell the ranch fast and get back to Dallas …until a certain beautiful bartender has him second-guessing his plans…
Published (first published August 18th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Norah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Norah

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
3 Stars

Once I got into this story, I really enjoyed this audiobook. I have to admit that it took me a little while to really warm up to the overall story but once the romance picked up I found it to be quite enjoyable.

I really liked the characters in this book. Norah takes her responsibilities seriously and has no trouble telling others what she thinks. Even though her brothers are always trying to take care of her, Norah is more than able to take care of herself. I found Chase to be the most i
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this audiobook to read and review for Wicked Reads

Having greatly enjoyed listening to Zane (the first in the series) I was delighted to get the chance to listen to book 2. Norah was a lovely character in Zane, as deserved her turn in the spotlight. I thought that the narrator did an excellent job.

Although I think you could read this as a standalone, I would question why you wouldn't want to start with Zane first. After all, hot cowboys ...
Here the lead man is an archite
Ishabelle
I love cowboys. They're an epitome of a man's man. There's nothing more manly than a man who can oversee an entire ranch, take care of the animals, do the dirty work, and hang for a beer or two at the end of the day. Simple life as it may seem, but it does require a lot of hard work.

Norah is a cowgirl. Chase was a city boy who did not initially plan on staying at the ranch he inherited from his great-uncle. However, they both fell for each other. And therein lie the conflicts. Chase has a whole
Miriam
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western, series
This isn’t your typical city boy meets country girl romance. The ranch Chase inherits is one he’s familiar with. He spent time as a boy there, knows horses, and what it takes to keep a ranch running. Norah’s a country girl through and through, from the top of her hat to the tips of her boots. Family is everything, friendships are timeless, and love is to be cherished.

I liked that Ms. Lewis added so much family to this story. Some romances are devoid of familial interactions even though moms, dad
Sultry Steamy Reading
I received an audio copy of this book from Tasty Book Tours in exchange for an honest review and as part of the book's audio tour promotions.

Norah is a cowgirl. Chase was a city boy who did not initially plan on stay
Aditi ~ •A Thousand Words A Million Books
Listening to an audiobook is always a different experience from actually reading a book- and while it takes a whole lot more time and patience to get through the former, listening to Norah (The McKades of Texas #2), my first ever audiobook- I can honestly be glad that I did!

All the while, to and fro where ever I was going, this book was what was playing, instead of my usual music and I loved every minute of it! And because while I was listening, I was constantly comarping it to a physical/ ebook
WycEd Reader
Check out our Norah by Kimberly Lewis Audiobook Tour post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
Having greatly enjoyed listening to Zane (the first in the series) I was delighted to get the chance to listen to book 2. Norah was a lovely character in Zane, and deserved her turn in the spotlight. I thought that the narrator did an excellent job.

Patty
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
---I was given a copy of this audiobook in exchange for an honest review.

This was my second Kimberly Lewis book. When I was given this one, I decided to start by listening to the first in the series "Zane". Loved it, so was happy to continue and thought "Norah" was even better. We get to meet Norah in the first book, the sister in the McCade family. Norah meets her love interest Chase when she slips in a puddle of beer, and a mug from her tray hits him, what a great first impression. From there
Heather
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this book and felt it was better than book one in the series. Norah and Chase were perfectly imperfect. She is small town cowgirl and he is big city business. They don't belong together, but he is brought back to the roots of his past and she helps him remember what it is he wants in life.

Norah is sweet and beautiful, but tough. Her last relationship ended badly because of lies and she has no interest in putting her heart out there again. Until one day this gorgeous man walks into
Lisa Filipe
Kimberly Lewis is the New Author in town...and she does Cowboy's Right!

The McKades of Texas series book two, NORAH, released Aug 19th, is a must read for fans of Lori Wilde and Jennifer Ryan. She writes a family dynamic that is fun to read and has you wishing that you were a part of the McKade clan.

Norah McKade is what some might call a Rough & Tumble kinda girl, not that she is sturdy in stature, but she grew up with two brothers and she works on her family's ranch, in addition to being a b
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
***Audiobook Review***

I didn't actually read this book, I listened to it.

The narrator was decent...she had several distinct voices and put some good emotion into it. She wasn't my favorite and I think sometimes my opinion of the narrator lends to my opinions of the characters which probably isn't fair.

This story is a bit predictable but still good. I liked both the MC's and they were pretty well matched. The supporting cast was good (I haven't read book 1 yet but have it to go back and read) and
Kerry
Nov 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I just loved this book! Norah is so sassy and her attitude just makes you smile! Even though there is some off the charts heat between Chase & Norah, she wants to back off and be "just Friends". Chase is such a gentleman, and handles himself so well when friends only is claimed. That is until it's taken back...then Chase is the ultimate naughty boy, and I like my boys-ah men, naughty!

Of course this is a series so you all know what that means....I liked this one so much that I now have to go
Kim Gibson
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family, thats the McCades

Good family story mixed in with a love story. Norah's heart has been betrayed and her mind still remembers Jacka** Wade, so when she meets Chase, she has her own personal tug of war going on, does she talk to him, does she not, does she put her heart back out there?, lucky for Norah, Chase is an architect and good at designing things..... He messes up a couple of times but he's determined to put a design together then build a lasting, loving relationship with Norah
Jen
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Norah in the first book of the series, Zane, and I am so glad she got her HEA! Chase and Norah have great chemistry and the narrator does a great job of conveying their feelings. Both of them have some issues with their fathers that threaten their relationship, and their are some unexpected twists. I loved catching up with Zane and Andie as well as Luke, can't wait for him to meet his match! Overall a cute and sexy read.

Free audiobook provided in exchange for an honest review.
ILSE CIPRICH
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

I really enjoy the stories of the McKades, I read Zane first and then Norah. I love the Kimberly's style of writing. Just the right amount of hot sex and Love. I would recommend this to everyone. I'm wondering if she will be writing about Luke next? I am hoping so cause I would be reading it.
Michele A. Blank
Jul 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Special

The plot is predictable, the characters as well. However somehow this manages to surpass the mundane and become a really well written wonderful story. Can't wait for Luke.
Dianne Sidebottom
May 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
following on from Zane, Norah's story was good. Her father n Chase's dad are difficult males. Liked Chase's character with his nieces n sister. All for second chances.
Jo Ann Bankford
Joan Norris Miller
Mar 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please Delete 2 21 Sep 23, 2014 07:18AM
  • Then Came Indecision (Southern Love #2)
  • Love Lies Bleeding
  • Holy Scoundrel
  • Choose Your Shot: An Interactive Erotic Adventure (Long Shots #5)
  • Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
  • Texas Fandango (Texas Montgomery Mavericks, #3)
  • Solstice  (Solstice Chronicles #1)
  • Eden-South (Eden, #3)
  • Finally Home (Hope Springs, SD, #3)
  • Dire Destiny of Ours (Overworld Chronicles, #10)
  • Cowboy's Way (Weekend Cowboys, #1)
  • Resonance (Holloway Pack, #2.5)
  • Like Falling (Surfacing, #1)
  • A Wedding in Valentine (Valentine Valley, #2.5)
  • Dark Genesis (Dark Genesis, #1)
  • Gone Wild
  • Surrender (Mimics of Rune, #2)
  • Old Souls
Bestselling author Kimberly Lewis writes sweet, sexy contemporary romances filled with heart and humor.

Born and raised on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, this country girl caught the creative bug at an early age, doing everything from drawing to writing short stories. After dabbling in many genres, Kimberly rediscovered her love of romance stories and soon after published her first novel.

Kimberly

The McKades of Texas (3 books)
  • Zane (The McKades of Texas, #1)
  • Luke (The McKades of Texas, #3)
“...you are the only reason I went out tonight. I wanted to be with you. I always want to be with you. And you know what else?”
Norah stopped abruptly as her back hit the wall dividing the kitchen from the living room.
“What?” she asked him breathlessly.
“I think we were kidding ourselves when we agreed to keep this platonic.”
0 likes
“Calling it quits, huh?” she said. Even though her chest felt heavy and hollow, she managed to keep her voice even and upbeat.
“Not a chance,” Chase said.
And the look he gave her made every bone in her body turn to mush. That sly, crooked grin of his was a dangerous thing.”
0 likes