Start by marking “Zane (The McKades of Texas, #1)” as Want to Read:
Zane (The McKades of Texas, #1)

Zane

(The McKades of Texas #1)

A rugged Texas cowboy and a city girl find that opposites do attract in this heartwarming, small town romance from bestselling author Kimberly Lewis.

All Kellan Anderson needs is a lucky break. Running for her life with an abusive ex-boyfriend hot on her trail, she’ll do anything to ensure he doesn't find her—even trade in her stilettos for boots and put up with a sexy,

255 pages
Published (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zane

Start your review of Zane (The McKades of Texas, #1)
Sheri
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Though I do not generally read westerns, I love cowboys, and this book was a nice change for me from my usual. Zane is a fun, entertaining story. Though the plot was predictable, I enjoyed the way Kimberly Lewis told the story. She was able to bring her characters to life in such a way that they were believable, likeable, and the cowboys were sexy as hell. Lewis was able to bring out individual personalities, and you felt like you got to know each character. Lewis made the romance fun and believ ...more
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
I receiving an eBook from the author via Making Connections in exchange for a review. My thoughts are my own.

Holy. Hot. Cowboys. Not just hot, but 'Did it just get hot in here, HAWT'! And there is more than one, so it gives promise of future 'hotness' down the line. Promise is never a bad thing!

It's like Sleeping with the Enemy meets Dukes of Hazard, but in the best possible way. It's got that city girl becomes a 'fish out of water' feel to it... just the descriptions alone of Andie first hearin
Melissa T
I'm really trying to work on clearing out those books that I've had for a long time, and haven't gotten around to reading.

I received this book about 8 years ago, as a thank you for helping promote it during a blog tour. Not with the request to review it in mind at the time, just as a thank you for helping out.

This isn't normally my type of book. So I probably should have just said no thank you, and moved on. But, it looked sweet, and I wanted to give it a try, so I accepted.

It is very sweet, I'
Coco.V
Oct 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (10/10/2019)! 🎁
Joan
Nov 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nope. The bar scene is enough to stop me reading. Even when this book was written, in 2012, that sort of behaviour towards a woman was unacceptable.

And ffs, she is escaping from an abusive relationship! So why on earth would she allow a man to slap her so hard on her buttocks that she drops a tray of drinks and THEN the other barmaid doesn't have the gumption or the guts to throw the drunken slob out.

"Gus here got a little too hands-on with the new waitress."

NO HE DIDNT. He fecking well moleste
Tana
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zane (The McKades of Texas #1) by Kimberly Lewis

I received this book from Kimberly Lewis as I signed up for her blog tour through our group Making Connections. I knew I had to sign up as I loved Kimberly’s other novel When the Heart Falls. I enjoy Kimberly’s writing, Zane is well written and flows smoothly, it’s what I call my Sunday’s read. It has everything I enjoy in my romance novels i.e. hot sexy cowboys!

In this novel we meet Kellan Anderson who is on the run from her ex boyfriend trying t
Donna Porter
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first of Kimberly Lewis that I have read and I enjoyed it so much I can't wait for the next one to come out. It was a great story between Zane and Andi and their up and down romance a great book ...more
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Annoying heroine, no chemistry between her and the hero, and generally not very well written.
Kristina
Kellan Anderson finally escapes from a bad situation. She is on the run from her abusive ex when she spots his friends closing in on her. Kellan makes an impulsive getaway by stealing a car.

Zane McKade is having car trouble of his own. While pulled over on the side of the road he spots a red sports car, with the driver ignoring his attempts at getting attention. Zane runs into the car, and it's driver shortly after at the local diner.

Kellan just wants to stop for coffee when Zane confronts her
Lara
I want to round up because I did like Zane and the other McKades (though they were a little naïve and trusting when it came to Andi's arrival). However, I really didn't like Andi, so only 3 stars.

And I mean I really didn't like Andi. I almost gave up on the book because of Andi's actions and attitude in the first few chapters, but I refuse to let a book win! Also, I needed a book starting with Z for an alphabet challenge :)

So what's wrong with Andi? She's immature, spoiled, condescending. She st
Cynthia
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Beginnings

Kellan was running from an abusive boyfriend. She left in NJ but somehow his two goons find her in the hotel she staying so she runs again and finds herself in a diner in Buford, TX. Kade's truck broke down and he ends up riding the horse to the diner. She had zipped past him in the road. Now he was upset. But his aunt helps find a job, and end up working with his and living in his mother's house. Just the beginning.
Claire M
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboys that's all just cowboys!!

Running away from an abusive ex Kellan starts over in a little nowhere town.
Zane is having a bad day when he meets Andi (Kellan) for the first time but when he later finds her in kitchen he is confused and suspicious.
As their feelings for each he other grow will Andi's past catch up with then or will they be able to be happy together.
Karen J Baker
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Running for her life!

Kellan (a.k.a. Andi) escapes the abusive clutches of Vince by stealing a car and heading west. She stops in small-town Buford, Texas where she gets help from many people, including the McKade family. Only one of the isn't so welcoming. Zane doesn't trust Andi but yet he can't seem to stop thinking about her.
Rita
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome 5 star book

If you love romantic stories with a slice of suspense you will love Zane and Andi's story. An abusive ex-boyfriend doesn't stand a chance against a sexy cowboy!
Misty Roule
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can lies ever be acceptable???

Andi's story is packed with hope, heart pounding adrenalin, frustration, secrets and lies, and the possibility of a HEA. Enjoy this emotional ride.
Happy reading : )
Barbara A. Faw
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this cowboy romance.
Nadine Sene
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read. Couldn’t put it down

Great read. Couldn’t put it down. I loved the familial relationships, so authentic and refreshingly like a real family. Also hilarious
Theresa Rankin
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Book

This book has both good guys & evil villains in it. Whenever I got through playing a game, I'd go back to reading this book.
Victoria
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Patty Campagna
Boring

This book was slow. The first few chapters are very good, and then it slows down. The characters are ok. There isn't a lot of tension. As a reader you really don't get the feel that andi ever worried that she is lying, or that people will find out her secret.
Gaele
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, audio-book
AudioBook Review:
Stars: Overall 4 Narration 3 Story 4

A contemporary small-town Texas setting is the backdrop for this romance. Carrying a feel that is reminiscent of stories written 10 – 15 years ago, Kimberly Lewis brings us the McKade family and the ‘new girl’ Andi, just trying to adjust to the very different country she finds herself hiding in.

While there aren’t any great new reinventions of the wheel here, Lewis develops Andi (Kellan) and Zane with flair, and each of the secondary charact
Melody  May (What I'm Reading)
Posted on What I'm Reading

Few weeks back I listened to Zane by Kimberly Lewis. At first, I was a little confused, because the heroine's accent didn't match the other characters. I assumed she was from Texas too. Yeah, never assume. It's not until later in the story (extremely later) that we find out where she's from, and that's when everything became clear. That aha moment. I hate being late to the party on that account. It could have been, because the narration or the fact the author didn't sha
Cait Lavender
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What does one hot cowboy, a girl on the run and a middle-of-nowhere hick town make? A really cute western chick-lit story that is bound to entertain. That’s exactly what this is.

When I first started to read Zane, I was a little worried. The plot is a little tired and a bit predictable. Girl runs from evil ex into the arms of a strong man who falls for her and protects her from said boogie-man. That said, I found myself really enjoying the little touches Lewis uses to take that storyline and make
Amanda
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read more of my reviews at http://onlytrickinthebook.blogspot.com

I purchased this one on an Amazon whim because I was needing a quick cowboy fix. If you've read modern western romance it is going to be predictable, but you will enjoy it just the same. This book was everything I wanted it to be. It has your typical out of place character fighting not to fall in love with someone who equally doesn't want to fall in love with them.... we all know how that ends up. It also contained the suspense of
Dena
This story is about Kellen a girl on the run from her abusive boyfriend. She is vain and obnoxious and not someone I would give a penny too. She only thinks of herself and I was very loathsome to read more about her. However that changed when she came into the town of Buford, TX and met Zane. At first they despised each other. He has been burned before and does not relish going through that again.

As they work through their relationship she keeps her situation including her name a secret. Zane kn
Heather
Mar 22, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was a good story with likable characters. The plot was predictable, but was still enjoyable.

Andi, aka Kellan, is a woman on the run from her abusive ex. She decides to start over by running from her past and making some questionable decisions along the way. At first I did not like her. She came off snobby and had a "I am too good for this" attitude, but once she meets Belle that seems to change. You realize she is not used to kindness and people doing nice things for her and that helps to s
Ruthie Taylor
Jun 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this audiobook to listen to and review for Wicked Reads

I am generally a reader, not a listener, but with a few long road trips booked, this was the perfect opportunity to review an audiobook. I have to say I really enjoyed the experience, and on the whole, thought the narration was well done. I liked that it was a woman reading - for some reason a woman can get away with doing a man's dialogue much better that the other way around. So if you fancy giving your eyes a res
Layla
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kellan finally succeeds in escaping from her violent boyfriend and his dubious friends and runs scared, stealing a car and driving as fast and as far away from Vince as she can get. She stops in a diner off the beaten track and meets a kind woman who senses that she needs help. Bella helps her to find a job and even provides her with a bundle of clothes that had been headed for a charity.

Zane's first encounter with the woman in the red Benz simply raises his hackles. His truck had broken down, l
Rob. C.
When I first started reading the book I got hooked and was sure I was going to love the book. I bought this and book number 2 (Norah) at the same time, because it sounded like a series I was going to love.
Unfortunately it didn't deliver what it had promised in the first chapters. Some parts were a little slow and seemed to drag, until the plot twist that I'd been expecting from chapter one (because it was expected that the man Kellan/Andi was running from would eventually find her). But when th
Cheesecake
Kellan/Andi and Zane. Andi comes across as a self centered snob at the beginning of the book, but her character grows under difficult circumstances. She is on the run from her psycho ex-boyfriend. After stealing a car and pissing off the local hotty (Zane), she chooses this small town in texas to hide herself away. Zane doesn't trust women and knows that there is something Andi is hiding. When he finds he can't get the info from her by being an asshat, he trys laying on the charm. You can see wh ...more
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please add this cover 17 28 Jul 24, 2014 08:53AM

• Cowboy Reckoning ( Cowboys of Cattle Cove, #1)
  • Northstar Beginnings: First Instinct / Mountain Angel (Northstar Angels, #1 / Hammond Brothers #1-2)
  • The Doctor Wears A Stetson (Diamondback Ranch #1)
  • Daliah (Brides of Needful Texas # 1)
  • Prairie Heat (Cowboys of the Flint Hills, #1)
  • The Charismatic Cowboy (Firestone Falls, #1)
  • Healing Her Cowboy (Montana Secrets #1)
  • Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • Red Wine and Roses (The Hamiltons, #1)
  • Let Your Heart Beat Again (A Breath Without Life, #1)
  • Brush Creek Cowboy (Brush Creek Brides #1)
  • Falling for Her Boss
  • Her Reluctant Rancher (Return to Stone Creek, #1)
  • Rafe (Texas Boudreau Brotherhood, #1)
  • Longing for Forever (Sunset Bay Romance, #1)
  • Hanna The Helper (Twin Creek's Rain Ranch Romance Series Book 1)
  • Lucas (Bad Boys of Dry River, Wyoming #1)
  • SEAL The Deal (Special Ops: Homefront #1)
Kimberly Lewis is the bestselling author of sweet, sexy contemporary romances filled with heart and humor. She lives in Maryland with her husband and two children.

Having caught the creative bug at an early age, Kimberly fully embraced her active imagination and grew up with a fondness for reading, drawing, and crafting stories. She eventually veered away from the art world to explore other career

The McKades of Texas (3 books)
  • Norah (The McKades of Texas, #2)
  • Luke (The McKades of Texas, #3)