Start by marking “The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)” as Want to Read:
The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)

The Maddest Obsession

(Made #2)

She fears the dark.
He rules it.

Her dresses are too tight, her heels too tall. She laughs too loudly, eats without decorum, and mixes up most sayings in the book. Little do most know it’s just a sparkly disguise, there to hide one panic attack at a time.

Nobody can crack Gianna’s facade . . . no one anyway, until he comes along.

Most see a paragon of morality; a special agent
Published April 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Maddest Obsession, please sign up.
Lizzy Booklicious She posted an update on her Goodreads account. You should check it out. She said that she had a pretty tough time and that she couldn't write because…moreShe posted an update on her Goodreads account. You should check it out. She said that she had a pretty tough time and that she couldn't write because of it.(less)
Linda Sims The other responder quoted 25th October well that’s been and gone, just like the first date we were given

Danielle
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
The Maddest Obsession is LIVE!!

WHERE TO FIND IT:

B&N: https://bit.ly/2Ijf8ai
SMASHWORDS: https://bit.ly/2VOE6BK
Melanie (mells_view)
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
”...to live with wolves, you have to howl like a wolf.”

I honestly don’t know what else to say other than Danielle Lori has once again slayed me with her writing. She somehow took this mafia romance, amplified the forever a mafia wife trope, and made it read like a contemporary enemies to lovers. Your deep in this mafia setting, and yet these two lovers who don’t know what real love is are falling in love with each other albeit reluctantly.

Christian and Gianna... I can’t even. Ice and fire?! Does
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Stars

This is my second book from this series (and by Ms. Lori) and I really enjoyed it.

Before starting this, I actually went back and picked up book one with the intent to skim it, as I could not for the life of me remember who exactly Gianna and Allister were after reading the blurb. I knew I knew who they were...but I didn't know who they were...know what I mean?

description

Anybadmemory, I recalled them and their story very quickly upon skimming the first few chapters; however, I actually ended up re-
Malene
Shelves: part-of-a-series, arc
I’m obsessed! Completely and utterly obsessed with Christian Allister. Danielle Lori you satisfied my alpha loving needs with this fabulous and entertaining mafia romance. The Maddest Obsession has everything I like and enjoy in a mafia romance. It’s dark, brutal and sexy as hell.

I have to admit that when I was introduced to Gianna in the first book The Sweetest Oblivion she didn’t make a good impression on me. I was intrigued but that was it. Gianna knocked the socks off me in TMO. She is a fa
Carvanz
Holy heck!!! We only thought Nico was the ultimate possessive hero! Christian takes things to a whole other level!

description

After marrying into the Cosa Nostra, Gianna finds herself playing hard to adjust to the disappointments life has served her. When a drug arrest lands her in the possession of a federal agent, she expects to be interrogated about the men who make up the lifestyle she has been a part of since her marriage. What she doesn’t expect is for him to be morally questionable and undeniably di
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Shelves: 2019, mafia
If I thought book one was amazing, this book topped it by a long run. This is one of those books I wanted to immediately re-read. Part of the reason is I never would have thought I could like Gianna, but dang it if I didn’t love her within the first chapter. And Christian. I’m obsessed with him.

I’m completely impressed with this authors writing. She has a few things in this story that normally would cut back on my enjoyment of it, but I have to admit I think it made their story better. That’s h
T.L. Martin
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like to take a moment to humbly express my gratitude— ah, screw it. I was the first person to read this beauty, and I'm totally going to brag about it in front of all you poor souls still waiting on the release, muahaha. ;)

IT IS SO GOOD.

Nico from book 1, The Sweetest Oblivion, exceeded my expectations so completely that I wasn't sure any future heroes would come close. Until I met Christian Allister. Holy. Smokes. If you like j/p heroes with a huge slice of obsessive of the side, he is f
yasmin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks Danielle, for killing me once again. This book was too good. I just want to go back and reread my favorite parts.

Danielle is giving us all the hot, possessive men. First Nico and now Christian. 🙌🏼 yes, please.

Christian Allister, that sexy dirty fed. With his body full of tattoos, his Russian accent and endearments. He’s not a heart and flowers kind of guy but there is no doubt he has a heart under those suits he’s fond of wearing 24/7.

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO DIE WHEN YOU READ THIS BOOK.

Fan
Funda Demir
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Phewww! I need a tylenol after this. Actually, more than one.

Also, Christian Allister- you sick-psycho-possessive son of a bitch. I love you -I would still want you over a Prince Charming any day.

(Would have been a 5 star read, but Gianna's indecisiveness annoyed the crap out of me; oh and some of the misunderstandings too.)
Akiko
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Meant For You Stars.

Some darker subject matter.

28 year old Gianna Russo Marino is part of the Cosa Nostra (mob) family, and married her first husband at 20; her past not being so bright, and her present...

33 year old Christian Allister has had a troubled life, has been working as a 'dirty' fed agent for many years, and married, Gianna sparks his attention from the very beginning.

This was a relatively light and fun mob-type story spanning over 7 years, about a man with a trigger-happy finger
Snow
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this author's work. Period.

I loved the first book in Made series and Nico aka Ace won my heart and soul.

In book 1 I also saw gimpses of the main characters that now are featured in this book Maddest Obsession - starting with a cold, ruthless antisocial obsessive federal agent linked to the mob, both Italian and Russian, with the hardened past and even more gruesome shit happening to him as a kid, Christian Allistar who simply casts one look onto Gianna Russo, an Italian beauty and a daugh
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡
Jun 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc

Follow me on: Blog | Instagram
Kelly Merie
5 Stars - If I could rate higher I would.

description

Saying that I am completely in love with Danielle Lori's Made series is not enough, I am totally OBSESSED. The first book (The Sweetest Oblivion) blew me away when I read it - I devoured that book, just like I did this one.

The Maddest Obsession is Christian and Gianna's story. It is told in dual POV in both the past and present. Although I'm sure you could read it as a standalone, I highly suggest to anyone to read The Sweetest Oblivion first for maximum
RCK
Jun 27, 2018 added it
Shelves: undecided
Ros
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

I loved The Sweetest Oblivion; it was probably one of my favourite books last year, so I was really pleased yesterday when I saw that The Maddest Obsession was live. Even better as I hadn’t known it was coming.

Danielle Lori’s writing is brilliantly seductive and entices you in. I honestly planned to read a couple of chapters last night, but typically I found myself up until 2am finishing the thing. I’ve got to say, she writes brilliant Made men. I thought that Nico was the dream hero, but
Leigh
Shelves: arc, 5-stars, mafia
The Maddest Obsession is book 2 in the Made series and it totally just became a favorite of mine. I thought I loved Nico and book 1 but after getting Christian all bets are off. This man was cold, dangerous, unpredictable but he had my blood boiling every time he was near Gianna. His obsession with her and his possessiveness was so yummy I couldn't put this book down. Gianna was awesome, she is lost, impulsive, and so misunderstood. Her game through out the book with Christian was the hottest fo ...more
Nas
I have been waiting patiently for Christian's story after meeting him in the first book so when I saw the chance to get this ARC, I fucking took it.
I leaned closer, until our lips were a hair’s breadth apart.
“Why do you kiss me?”
I sighed into his mouth when he kissed me with a sweet pull. “Because you’re the only woman who’s ever tempted me.” His lips brushed mine. “Because you love it.” The last one was soft, with a possessive bite. “Because every part of you is mine.”

*sighs* Who loves a dark
Hstighe
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Whoa! What an amazing ride! I was so excited to get my hands on this ARC and boy, was it worth the wait! The chemistry between these two was undeniable from the get-go, although they both needed time to develop before they got their HEA.

It had every element I love, push-pull, angst, hilarious bickering, a smoking hot alphahole who is OTT intense and focused on the heroine, and even, honest to goodness romance, which lacking in so is many of today's stories.

Like a fine wine, this story was multi
Lizzy  Booklicious
Five Stars!

I read The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1) by Danielle Lori last year and I absolutely fell in love with her writing. But the first time Christian Allister made an appearance I didn't like him. I was afraid he was going thwart the relationship between Nico and Elena. Then the idea of Christian and Gianna got introduced and I became obsessed.

So obsessed I checked the internet almost daily for a release date of The Maddest Obsession. When it comes to books I don't have any patience, but m
Elena Leman
Shelves: dark-romance
The Maddest Obsession took me on a wild ride on an emotional rollercoaster—from laughter, through apprehension, through longing, through lust. I adored the first installment in the Made Series, The Sweetest Oblivion, but this one here… is definitely fifty shades darker. :)

Gianna, our mafia wife, is such a wonderfully flawed heroine—hot and gorgeous but always scandalously clad; terrified of the dark but blissfully painting her nails while on the floor of a store being robbed; seemingly strong an
Ifrah Gagan
I received a free ARC of this book in exchange of an honest review.

I read the maddest obsession in one setting so i guess you could say that i liked it alot.

This is second book in the made series but standalone, you do-not have to read the first one but i think you should first.

Ok so i want i don’t usually write reviews but i got my first ARC so i must,

I loved everything about this book, the hero, the heroine and their banter, i loved how giana was bold yet vulnerable same time. I thought i cou
bry
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ew, Gianna is literally the last character I want to read about.
MiraJane
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“To live with wolves, you have to howl like a wolf.”

“I didn’t come here for relationship advice.”
“No.” She smiled sadly. “You came here for me to tell you it gets easier, that it blows over, and you’ll find a sense of control again. It doesn’t, and you won’t. Love only gets worse.”
A sardonic breath left me. “I thought you believed it was just an obsession.”
“Haven’t you heard? Love is an obsession. Some would even say . . . the maddest obsession.”

I almost just want to have this review only be
Andréa
"Haven't you heard ? Love is an obsession. Some would even say... the maddest obsession."

It's been a while since I read The Sweetest Oblivion so I was a bit confused about who Gianna was. What I remembered was this flashy, over the top woman who didn't believe in love. So I was pretty excited to know more about her. As for Christian I liked him from the beginning and I was impatient to dive into his brain. Let's just say I had a lot of expectations for this book.

Verdict ? I was NOT disappointed
Manoela
4.5 Stars

The Maddest Obsession is a book I've been waiting for since I read the first book in this series. Gianna was a character that intrigued me from there and I was happy to know that we would know her story. The author delivered here a story as good, engaging and captivating as the first book in this series and I could not let go until the end.

The book is divided between past and present, a dynamic that usually annoys me but in this book worked perfectly here to understand how it all start
Kj
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
So in the first book we met Gianna and I didn’t like her at all. I also hated her for the first part of this book. As you see how she is caught up in the mob it makes more sense and makes her more understandable and perhaps redeemable. I kind of loved Christian. He’s a dirty federal agent who is part of the mob. I loved that when he told Gianna she better not see a man and she did he just walked up and blew him away. 😳 Ooops spoiler alert ? How much more possessive can you be then that though ? ...more
Sara
Dark, deep and intense.

I was a bit unsure about this one in the beginning which I’m sure a few others were. I wasn’t sure how I would take to Gianna after reading about her in The Sweetest Oblivion. Danielle Lori managed to write a character that is so flawed and yet so relatable you can’t help but root for her.

Christian ‘officer’ Alistair was dark, cold and menacing. It was interesting watching Gianna and Christians relationship form, both damaged and unsure what love is.

Well written and addict
French Press Bookworm Blog
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wanted more from the start... I kept trying to put it down to prolong the ending but I couldn’t. It was just too darn good. This Hero... he is everything you would want if you love OTT alphas...I melted so many times. I about died during the Charming scene... I mean wow! This was fantastic
Thaly
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I don’t even know where to start, I devoured this book in one day. This is a mafia romance book, and while this genre is usually not my favorite, Danielle’s book are so beautifully written that you can’t stop yourself from falling in love with the story and the characters.

The heroine, Gianna, seems broken at first, but she proves that she has this fire in her, that she’s this strong, funny, intelligent and beautiful woman who doesn’t give a damn about what people think about her.

« You’re n
Amara Missir
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I genuinely adored this book. It was so well written and filled with just enough angst to keep a girl interested but not heartbroken.

We see small tidbits of both Gianna and Christian in The Sweetest Oblivion but not enough to gauge who their characters actually are. From the way Gianna’s portrayed in Nico’s perspective she’s a self-centred party girl who he’s stuck babysitting because she was his deceased father’s wife. The Maddest Obsession completely obliterated this perception of Gianna and t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Saints & Thieves (The Wild Bunch, #3)
  • Twisted Pride
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Spring (The Haunted Heart, #2)
  • Cocktailing (Cocksure, #2)
  • Somewhere (Crimson Outlaws MC #2)
  • The Prince and the Pawn (When Rivals Play, #4)
  • I Hear They Burn for Murder (Murder in the Dark, #1)
  • Love Assaulted (Skulls of Angels MC, #1)
  • Object of Desire
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)
  • Malum: Part 1 (Elite Kings Club #4)
  • Pretty Pretty Boys (Hazard and Somerset, #1)
  • SINNER SINNER
  • Mercy Dogs
  • Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9)
  • Mistake's Melody (Unquiet Mind #4)

Danielle Lori’s novels incorporate morally questionable heroes, electric hate to love relationships, and sometimes sweet but mostly sassy heroines. She has written in both the fantasy subgenre as well as contemporary, but will never stray from romance.

A normal day for her includes coffee, bodice rippers, and 1990s chick flicks. She lives in small-town Iowa with her husband and too many dogs.

Email:

Made (2 books)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)