Start by marking “The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)” as Want to Read:
The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)

The Maddest Obsession

(Made #2)

She fears the dark.
He rules it.

Her dresses are too tight, her heels too tall. She laughs too loudly, eats without decorum, and mixes up most sayings in the book. Little do most know it’s just a sparkly disguise, there to hide one panic attack at a time.

Nobody can crack Gianna’s facade . . . no one anyway, until he comes along.

Most see a paragon of morality; a special agent
ebook
Published April 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Maddest Obsession, please sign up.
Milla She said on her twitter (and goodreads) account that the 4th book will be about him
Booked up with Lizzy She posted an update on her Goodreads account. You should check it out. She said that she had a pretty tough time and that she couldn't write because …moreShe posted an update on her Goodreads account. You should check it out. She said that she had a pretty tough time and that she couldn't write because of it.(less)

Start your review of The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4 Stars Upgraded to 5 since I've now read it ten times....

This is my second book from this series (and by Ms. Lori) and I really enjoyed it.

Before starting this, I actually went back and picked up book one with the intent to skim it, as I could not for the life of me remember who exactly Gianna and Allister were after reading the blurb. I knew I knew who they were...but I didn't know who they were...know what I mean?

description

Anybadmemory, I recalled them and their story very quickly upon skimming the f
Bibi
*4 stars* Changing my rating to 5 stars

I wasn't sure Danielle could redeem twice-widowed drug-using Gianna, but boy was I wrong. Christian and his broody unrequited love turned my insides to mush. Love love.
Tears Of Venus, but humans call me Mina
Warning : This review is me confessing my undying love for this book. It’s gonna get cheesy, corny, a little pathetic and won’t always make sense.

Songs that make me think of this book : Video Games by Lana Del Rey and Get You The Moon by Kina.

Before we get this show on the road, picture this :

It’s one of those September nights, summer just ended, but autumn has yet to set in, so the weather is somewhat indecisive. Days are getting shorter, nights are getting longer but this night in parti
Danielle
Nov 20, 2018 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
The Maddest Obsession is LIVE!!

WHERE TO FIND IT:

AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/2GnHQER
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2Zashb0
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2VG0JIi
iBooks
B&N: https://bit.ly/2Ijf8ai
SMASHWORDS: https://bit.ly/2VOE6BK
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Mafia romance is one of my favorite things to read, but I have surprisingly few "go to" authors in the genre. Danielle Lori just added herself to the mix with The Maddest Obsession, the second book in her Made series. It's predecessor, The Sweetest Oblivion, was one of my top reads of last year, and I can already tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this one is going on my list for 2019!

Gianna and Christian are sexual tension personified! Whenever they came in contact with each other, I f
Phuong ✯
Some people are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. Gianna Marino and Christian Allister are all of the above.

Warning: This reviews contains a lot of fangirling. Might even give you diabetes by reading it.
"It means, to live with wolves, you have to howl like a wolf."

Goodreads might say that I've only read this book twice, which is a huge lie considering the number of times I've re-read this book hasn't been invented yet, cause it goes beyond infinit
Dri ✰
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, 2019-favorites
5+++++ STARS

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

“...to live with wolves, you have to howl like a wolf.”

LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!

I have to say, I had high expectations with this book, I knew the characters would be interesting, complex and intense. They piqued my interest in the previous book and I was eager to read their story.

But damn, I wasn’t prepared for this, the author really did an exceptional job, exceeded my expectations and I was delighted to see how much her writing has evolved since th
Bookadmirer

At first, I didn't have any interest in reading this book. Both protagonists Gianna and Allister were introduced in the previous book. However, I didn't find them much interesting. Then one day, suddenly I just decided to read it randomly. I loved the first book and the author is my favorite so I decided to just give it a try. I thought I wouldn't even finish this one but the moment I started reading I just couldn't stop.

I wanted to slap myself for not rea
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS
If you ran, Gianna . . .” The words were malicious yet somehow as soft and desperate as sex in a war-torn field. He pressed his lips to my ear. “I would find you.”

Where has this book been all my life?!!!! I'm talking about all of my favorite book crack in one story here, people! And it's amazingly written. And it's set in a world that I can't get enough of. And it had Russian that was 100% correct. So for me, this was the holy grail of reads. Because let's be honest here, I'm
Ida
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread April 2020.
In all honesty I skimmed some parts during my reread, but the scenes between Gianna and Christian are still so entertaining!

⭐3.4 - 4 ⭐

“Love is an obsession. Some would even say . . . the maddest obsession.”

This author, guys!
The book might have been a bit longer than it had to be, and there wasn't much of a plot-line to be frank, but that slow-burn romance y'all! 👏👏 I might be a sucker for mafia romances after all 😂
melissa ☽

“When you’re obsessed with something for so long and finally obtain it? It feels like coming home to God. And nobody gives up their fucking spot in Heaven.”

cold mysterious FBI agent H + chaotic h = 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝒶𝒹ℯ𝓆𝓊𝒶𝓉ℯ.

when i read Gianna and Christian's little snippets from the first book, i just knew that this dynamic would be so good and the craziness would 100x go up and it did. both Gianna and Christian are crazy mofo's and rightfully so.

this definitely focuses more on ch
Arini
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Standalone Series

#1 The Sweetest Oblivion — 4.5 Stars
#2 The Maddest Obsession — 3.75 Stars
#3 The Darkest Temptation (TBR)

I thought I wouldn’t be able to get over Nico after all that pent up sexual tension in book 1, but as soon as Allister graced me with his presence in that cold, uptight, mysterious, and sexy persona of his, I was done for.

LOL. I mean, who even is Nico?! Pshh he’s so yesterday. Allister can call me moya zvezdochka and tell me to howl like a wolf all he wants, and I’d wo
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I've decided that I'm a fan of the messy-and-somewhat-dysfunctional-relationships-that-still-somehow-work type of stories, and this gives us just that. I think Ms. Lori did a great job in giving us a jerk hero that still has enough underlying sweet to make him likable and redeemable. I also loved their banter, and the tension?! Whew! It was hot! My biggest issue (and was an issue with the first book, The Sweetest Oblivion, for me too) was the ending. Why, Ms. Lori, whyyy
Melanie (mells_view)
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
”...to live with wolves, you have to howl like a wolf.”

I honestly don’t know what else to say other than Danielle Lori has once again slayed me with her writing. She somehow took this mafia romance, amplified the forever a mafia wife trope, and made it read like a contemporary enemies to lovers. Your deep in this mafia setting, and yet these two lovers who don’t know what real love is are falling in love with each other albeit reluctantly.

Christian and Gianna... I can’t even. Ice and fire?! Does
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
5 "Love is an obsession. Some would even say . . .the maddest obsession" Stars

First of all, I love the playlist for this book! Second: dibs on Allister. He is mine!

This book is the second in Made series by Danielle Lori and although we see Gianna and Allister in the first book , here we get to understand how everything started between these two.This is set in 2 parts: past and present on a 9 year span, so if you haven't read the first book then should start with that one otherwise this will ha
EmBibliophile
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
4 stars

And here I thought that Nico was the supper possessive intense hero! Oh how I was so wrong!

Why did it take me too long to pick up this book! I’ve got no idea! I really enjoyed this book just as much as the first book. It was addictive as hell!

I was worried about whether I would like Gianna or not, but she started to grow on me throughout the book. Christian is the obsessive alpha hero I love to read about but would probably run from in real life, (or maybe not) lol!

When you’re obsessed
alluring B ❄︎
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars!1! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
You guys weren’t joking about this book having the most epic hate to love romance ever! This book is more character driven than having a focused plot, which I personally don’t mind at all as long as it’s done well. The romance here is more convincing and believable but personally, it isn’t sweet and gripping as Nico+elena’s (which i understand as both MCs carry some baggage from the past unlike Nico and Elena).

The banter and chemistry between Christian and Gianna are just off
Malene
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m obsessed! Completely and utterly obsessed with Christian Allister. Danielle Lori you satisfied my alpha loving needs with this fabulous and entertaining mafia romance. The Maddest Obsession has everything I like and enjoy in a mafia romance. It’s dark, brutal and sexy as hell.

I have to admit that when I was introduced to Gianna in the first book The Sweetest Oblivion she didn’t make a good impression on me. I was intrigued but that was it. Gianna knocked the socks off me in TMO. She is a fa
Carvanz
Holy heck!!! We only thought Nico was the ultimate possessive hero! Christian takes things to a whole other level!

description

After marrying into the Cosa Nostra, Gianna finds herself playing hard to adjust to the disappointments life has served her. When a drug arrest lands her in the possession of a federal agent, she expects to be interrogated about the men who make up the lifestyle she has been a part of since her marriage. What she doesn’t expect is for him to be morally questionable and undeniably di
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
this rating took a very long time for me to think about... only because this book was both a hit and a kinda-miss? there were parts that I loved and there were parts that made my really cringe... this book started off as a solid read (constantly hitting that 5 star rating) and it progressively lowered, but would then shoot up again. I'm not going to write a full review just because I really have no idea how I feel, but will definitely continue reading Danielle's works.
Dilek VT

This is Book 2 in the Made series. It is Christian & Gianna’s story.

Christian Allister is a man on the low end of the OCD spectrum. He needs order and he has some obsessive tendencies. He is a fed but there is a mysterious and dangerous darkness about him.

At first, I didn’t like Christian. He seems to be obsessed about Gianna but he keeps degrading and insulting her. I didn’t understand him first. I was pissed. I even hated him for the first half of the book. Even though the book is written fro
Mickeysreads
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star
subsource-done-button-uid-9-F9963-A8-FD3-F-4568-9327-04-F7-DAEE4-E9-E-1593698186659-source-other-ori

FIVE PSYCHOTIC STARS

Let me first get this out of the way.

I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN. I LOVE CHRISTIAN.

description

I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA. I LOVE GIANNA.

Okay since that’s
Funda Demir
Phewww! I need a tylenol after this. Actually, more than one.

Also, Christian Allister- you sick-psycho-possessive son of a bitch. I love you -I would still want you over a Prince Charming any day.

Initially gave 4 stars but I still can’t get over this book therefore, deserves the 5 stars.
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Spoilers and long review ahead

I rated book 1 in this series,a very rare for me, 5* . I've owned this one since it's release but have been hesitant to read it for one reason only......Gianna. In book 1 Gianna's drug use, frequent drunkenness and her sexual activities bugged me so I wasn't even sure I'd ever read this book. Today I did and at the end I'm very conflicted on how I feel.

In the beginning we go back to Gianna's past through her first marriage and her husband then him sleeping with her
Ria
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
" I hated when he told me what to do. Like he was my lord and master, and I just wasn’t aware of it yet. “

The amount of times my heart skipped a beat while reading this....I really enjoyed this book.
Christian is hands down my favorite mafia character now. I was totally blown away by Nico in book one and I still love him but the way in which Christian was written.....be still my heart.

" I’m going to ruin every part of your body for any other man, malyshka, and you’re going to thank me when I’m
bruna
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
"I’m glad to see you remember, malyshka, because there is nothing I have ever forgotten about you."

trigger warning: drug use, abusive relationship, pedophilia, rape.

Christian and Gianna are icons, they are legends and they are the moment.

Seriously, I can't even explain how in love I am with those two. I think the author made the right choice when she divided the book in two parts (past and present) because it made Christian and Gianna's relationship more believable to me. They had a good
Dani
I'm glad to see you remember, malyshka, because there is nothing I have ever forgotten about you."

You know how you find those rare things, be it a song, a show, a movie, or anything really that you love and you just love it so much that you don't ever want to hear one wrong word about it? Well, that's me with this book. I don't ever want to hear one negative word about it because it's perfection and I'm keeping it wrapped up in the bubble of warm bliss that I feel after finishing it!

I can't
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good!!! I am obsessed with this series.

Gianna and Christian are so perfect for each other. Also their chemistry was off the charts. I have to say Danielle Lori has mastered the art of writing sexual tension. It kept me at the edge of my seat so when they finally got together my Kindle caught on fire. I seriously felt butterflies in my stomach. It’s that good!

This book is angsty but it was perfectly balanced with the romance. I just loved it! Another hit by Danielle Lori.
Bee
5+++++++++ STARS

GUYS, I AM A SOBBING MESS.

RTC!!!!!!
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia, 2019
If I thought book one was amazing, this book topped it by a long run. This is one of those books I wanted to immediately re-read. Part of the reason is I never would have thought I could like Gianna, but dang it if I didn’t love her within the first chapter. And Christian. I’m obsessed with him.

I’m completely impressed with this authors writing. She has a few things in this story that normally would cut back on my enjoyment of it, but I have to admit I think it made their story better. That’s h

• Sweet Temptation
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles, #3)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Twisted Emotions (The Camorra Chronicles, #2)
  • Collateral
  • Twisted Bonds (The Camorra Chronicles, #4)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
  • Twisted Loyalties (The Camorra Chronicles, #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Treachery (Antihero Inferno, #1)
  • Ruthless Empire (Royal Elite, #6)
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)

Danielle Lori's novels incorporate morally questionable heroes, electric hate to love relationships, and sometimes sweet but mostly sassy heroines. She has written in both the fantasy subgenre as well as contemporary, but will never stray from romance.

A normal day for her includes coffee, bodice rippers, and 1990s chick flicks. She lives in small-town Iowa with her husband, son, and too many dogs.

Made (3 books)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • The Darkest Temptation