Start by marking “To Love and Protect His Omega (Justice Brothers Omegaverse #1)” as Want to Read:
To Love and Protect His Omega (Justice Brothers Omegaverse #1)

To Love and Protect His Omega

(Justice Brothers Omegaverse #1)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Gunnar swore to serve and protect, but he couldn't save the omega he loved. Will a sick kitten give him a second chance at love?

Police Detective and single dad, Gunnar Justice swore an oath to serve and protect, but he couldn't save the omega closest to him. Now he's raising his 8-year-old daughter alone. But when his daughter adopts a sick kitten, will a hot veterinaria

Published June 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about To Love and Protect His Omega, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love and Protect His Omega

Cadiva
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5*

This is a nice omegaverse romance with a side order of stalker plot and a couple of compelling main characters.

I've read an ARC so there were a few errors which I'd expect to be tidied up on release but the narrative itself is well paced and has a nice bunch of secondary characters.

The setting is well developed and I liked that everything wasn't smooth sailing and that Gunner's dead husband wasn't painted as a saint.

#ARC kindly provided by the author in return for an honest and unbiased revi
Ayla
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kids, mpreg, omegaverse
This was an overall sweet book. I liked the storyline of how Liam and Gunnar met and Olivia was a nice and sweet addition to the book.

After meeting the MC's and learning about them, I felt that their dialogue with each other did not really match up. Some of the things were a bit contradictory. This was a romance so it is obvious that the MC's are going to get together, but it seemed like both of them moved quicker than I expected based on their pasts.

I really enjoyed towards the end o
Cee Brown
.•*)
(.• ★.•*)
(.• ★One sick kitten leads to a lifetime of love.

When alpha widowed dad and homicide police detective Gunnar took his daughter to a random veternarian, all he wanted was to avoid another set of grief. His daughter Olivia was only just recovering from the death of her omega father and now this. Life brought on a whole new set of feelings. Gunnar was not looking for anything, especially another omega; but there Liam was, the veternarian who worked his miracles on Olivia and their pet,
Karolina Cebula
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, mpreg
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

Gunnar Justice divides his time between his work as a police detective and taking care of his eight-year-old daughter. Just a year ago, he lost his husband, and although time passes inexorably, the man still can't come to terms with the fact that he couldn't protect his beloved from a terrible fate. When a kitten adopted by his daughter becomes seriously ill, Gunnar immediately takes the pet to the nearest veterinary clinic. However,
The Novel Approach Reviews
Gunnar is nearly crippled by the guilt he carries over husband’s murder. Being an officer of the law means he should have been able to protect his family, yet somehow he failed when it came to saving the man he loved. Now, he struggles not to see his husband’s death in each new case, and given that he is starting over in a new precinct, after a chain of evidence fiasco saw him transferred from his old position, Gunnar has way too much on his plate to deal with anything more—especially a new kitt ...more
Grady
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
‘He was happy to be starting a family, and a new life with the man he loved, but with every change, you lost something.’

Pennsylvania author Quinn Michaels pens sweet, sexy Mpreg romances: he also has published a fine book on Investing in the Computer Age! As Quinn phrases it, ‘I love fantasy, werewolves and M/M mpreg romance! My goal is to write action-packed adventures of romance, self-discovery and second chances, all served up with a hefty helping of sweet, sexy Omegas and hot, determined Alp
Megan
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Gunnar and Liam both have an opportunity for a second chance at love. Neither think they're ready or willing for that kind of connection but things in life never go according to plan. An early morning visit to the vet brings Gunnar and Liam together but it'll take determination, moving forward from the past, and a precocious eight-year old little girl to keep them together. Oh, and catching a killer that may or may not be after Liam.

There's quite a bit of self-doubt and self-flagellation going o
Heather Martin
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

To Love and Protect His Omega is the first book in Quinn Michaels' Justice Brothers series. This is an Omegaverse series with Alphas and Omegas. In this first book, police detective Gunnar is a single father after losing his Omega. He’s raising his 8-year old daughter and struggling to get over the loss of his husband. He’s also moved to a new police station because of a
Deirdre
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I've waited a long time to read this novel. Quinn Michaels teased us for weeks & weeks. I refused to read the except - I wanted the whole thing and it was more than worth the wait. I even preordered it through the author and finally the release date arrived. As a an animal lover and criminal justice graduate, I love law enforcement and veterinarian stories. Pet ownership is an extra plus. This book had all these things and more: a widowed Dad, a precocious little girl, a scared young man who
R
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Gunnar is having a very bad day. Still mourning the death of his husband. Dealing with a precocious daughter, a sick kitten, and an omega veterinarian that smells wonderful. A dead body that is probably a murder victim just adds to the chaos.

Liam is hiding from a dangerous ex. He moved across country to get away from him. Living a quiet life with his menagerie. Not expecting that an alpha with a little girl and a sick kitten to turn him upside down.

They exchange phone numbers to keep in touch ab
Amy Dufera
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
To Love and Protect His Omega is a sweet romance by Quinn Michaels.

Gunnar is a police detective, who is raising his daughter alone, after losing his omega when he couldn't save him. He can't let go of his guilt for not being able to save him. When his daughter's newly adopted kitten gets sick, Gunnar meets the hot veterinarian and the action starts.

Liam is new to town, trying to hide from his stalker ex. He has no desire to start dating after his last disaster.

Thus, this romance features two me
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(3.5 stars)

When Gunnar and his daughter, Olivia, rush their new kitten to the vet, the last thing Gunnar expected was to find an Omega that actually made him think of something other than his dead husband. Liam already ran away from one Alpha, he is in no hurry to hook up with another one, but Liam just can't deny the chemistry that he and Gunnar have. Gunnar doesn't want to take a chance at having someone else rely on him again, another person that he has to keep safe... he f
Claudia Lezár
PLEASE READ FIRST MY RATING SYSTEM!!!
To my ratings (for all people, who wonder, why I say a 3*-book is good):
5* - very very good and rare (it would be a Blow-Away-book like Liberty from Seth King or Save the kids series from EM Leya), it's like an A+
4* - very good and will be often reread and is a WOW-book with interesting plot and surprises (like most of Andrew Grey books), it's like an A
3* - a really good book, which will be reread a few times (most romances where you can enjoy for relaxing an
Violet  Marshall
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in The Justice Brothers Omegaverse Series. An intriguing book the writing was good. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters captivating. The characters were developed and thought out. Gunnar Justice is an Alpha and Liam Chandler is an Omega and they are the MC’s of this book. I think this is the best book by far that this author has written. There was more detail, character background, and a storyline that keeps you ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Engaging, steamy, and touching story that will keep you reading from cover to cover. Tender story about finding new love after your heart has been broken. Both MC's have lived through pain and don't think love is in the cards for them. I enjoyed the mystery of finding out who was killing. The danger becomes very real and it deeply touches our story.

Gunnar and Liam share an amazing connection that grows and develops into a really loving relationship. I enjoyed their banter and loved how they car
Esther Alayeto
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really love this story. It's full of strength, love, passion, and an adorable little girl that wins everyone over! Gunnar and Liam are an adorable couple who mesh perfectly together. A sick kitten brings them together and even though they each have hurts and obstacles from the past to get over, they give in to their passion. I really like how they work together and help one another. I'm truly looking forward to more stories in this series.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this
Ann
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gunnar Justice is a detective raising his 8 year old daughter Olivia single handed after her bearer father died a year previously. He is on the hunt for an omega killer.
Liam Chandler is a vet who has moved across the country to escape from his stalker ex and is terrified of being found.
The two meet when Olivia's kitten is sick and Liam looks after it. The two are drawn together and when the shit hits the fan, Gunnar will do anything to keep his omega safe.
A ripping murder mystery which keeps you
Shannon
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a cute story. It didn't really make me feel any kind of way but I wasn't bored and it wasn't stupid so that's always a bonus. I liked Liam more than Gunnar but don't have any reason why, both were good guys just figuring it all out. Gunner is a widower and Liam is running from an ex and that part of the story really did get pretty interesting. Nothing horrible, nothing great just so-so.
Alexleo
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice story with the right balance of sweetness, lust, investigation, drama and feelings. The alpha was not overly protective and the omega was sufficiently independent to avoid the cliché of other non-shifter omegaverse stories. Add to the mix a cute little girl and a bunch of animals, and you have a very enjoyable story for a day on the beach.
John-Torleif  Harris
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

I liked the idea of this, and the execution was mostly good, but I felt like the story started dragging at about 54% and didn't really pouch up again until almost 70%.

Ultimately, I liked that Gunnar and Liam were able to find their HEA, and that all of the conflict in the story was satisfactorily resolved.
Joscelyn Smith
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brought together by a sick kitten Gunnar and Liam had their work cut out for them, the ghost of a lost love and ex that just won't let go. The storyline was absolutely fantastic, part romance and part police investigation it flowed well from beginning to end. It was a great series starter and I can't wait to read the next book, I believe it's about a certain lawyer.
Kaila
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i loved this.. it was sweet and sexy.. it was adorable and sad at times.. it had so much heart and feeling.. i loved it. i cannot wait to see what is next.. and the kiddo and animals are just pure perfection.. amazing..
Lisa
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it great characters and the bonus book was great to can't wait for the next book.
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
DNF- no star rating since I did not finish
Luna