Start by marking “Slay: Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slay: Rivalry (Slay Quartet, #1)

Slay: Rivalry

(Slay Quartet #1)

Edward Fasbender is a devil.

He's my father's business rival, a powerful, vicious man who takes what he wants and bows to no one. I only took the meeting because I was curious. I thought he was going to offer me a job.

But that's not what he's after at all. His proposal is much more intriguing, and I see an opportunity. An opportunity to turn the tables and bring down the de
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 298 pages
Published June 4th 2019 by Paige Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Slay, please sign up.
Laurelin Paige Hudson will show up by the end, but I don't think we'll see Mirabelle. But who knows? She might surprise me.
Laurelin Paige Yes, and there will be a total of four books in the series, so if you like to binge, you might want to wait!

Bookgasms Book Blog
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Good Lord what did I read? I'm still trying to catch my breath at that OMFG ending. But suffice to say Laurelin Paige just delivered a knock out punch with that cliffhanger ending that I truly never saw coming. Slay One: Rivalry was sexy, consuming and addicting. I am now officially obsessed!!! Book two can not come fast enough!

Without giving away any spoilers, Rivalry opens up where we see the familiar face of Celia Werner as she meets Edward Fasbender and enters into a dangerous arrangement wh
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I love that we finally get to see inside Celia's mind. I hated her in the Fixed Trilogy. I'm glad the author didn't spin the first book to where you all of a sudden love her. Celia deserves more thought into her character than that. I'm actually not sure where I land by the end of this first book and that in itself is satisfying.

I think there is some bit of vindication that finally someone has come along to shake her world like she has done to others. However, I'm still that reader that wants a
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Laurelin Paige slays yet again! This book is mind blowingly awesome! Holy smokes, strap in for this one folks. I loved loved loved it!

Here’s what I loved:
All the feels were felt!
Bad guys do it best! Seriously, give my a complex, arrogant, unexpected male lead and I’m golden.
I loved seeing inside Celia’s world again. I’d been waiting for this for a very long and it did not disappoint!

My mind was blown and I loved every single minute of it!

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook
Karen
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit. Edward Fasbender is an utter bastard. I hate him right now. I want to strangle him with Celia’s skimpy bikini and smash his skull in with her Laboutin stiletto.

Utter. Utter. Bastard. But man he rocks a tux, and he’s packing.

Going to make some bread to get the anger out of me. Then I’ll come back to add more.

Frustration taken out on the bread dough. I’m going to call it Edward when I cut it into pieces and eat it.

I first met Celia Werner in the Fixed trilogy and I hated her. Detested
KC Caron
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurelin Paige has woven a lewd adult romance that’s easily the most disciplined, depraved and delicious story I’ve read in ages.

Is it wrong to feel such glee reading about Celia? THAT Celia Warner?

Slay: Rivalry is the story of Celia, a shrewd wealthy heiress who finds solace in her numbed existence. Instead of intimacy and genuine connection, she tells us, she seeks a sick joy and elation in blackmail and deceit, in destroying the lives and loves of others. She’s been wildly successful, even
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4 STARS ❤

It's been awhile since I read a book from Laurelin Paige and I missed her writing. From the moment I read the synopsis I was intrigued and excited to start reading Slay: Rivalry!I was hooked and I read it so fast!It was sexy,passionate,erotic and left me graving for more!

description

Edward is my new sexy obsession, seriously this dark , mysterious and sexy man is going to make you swoon! Celia is drawn to him and she can't resist him.I probably be one of the few who haven't read the Fixed series.
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-2019
***ARC Provided by the Author***

First, to be clear, I hate Celia.

It's a well developed kind of hate, the kind that makes you throw a party at a person's funeral, laugh at their misfortunes, and keep driving if you seem them on the side of the road next to their broken down vehicle.

So, yeah, in case you missed it as I was subtle, I don't like her.

When she meets Edward, she's the Celia we all know and...not love. She's the manipulator, the one you met before in sn earlier book, but by the middle
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author/Candi Kane PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Celia Werner grew up an only child as a trust fund baby. She’s now a blond bombshell living in New York working as an interior designer. Over the years she’s been manipulative often exploiting the weaknesses of others for sport. Her past made her feel numb and emotionless, and she often wondered if she no longer had a soul. Then she encounters a man named Edward Fasbender, and he stirs something inside her, and makes her feel unbalanced. She was c
Sophia Triad
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Long ago, I learned how to be made of nothing.

I absolutely hated Celia at the Fixed trilogy. I was wondering how a book with her as the main character will work.
To be honest I did not participating liked her in this book, too.

But Edward M. Fasbender is easily my new a$$hole crush.

If you have read Fixed Forever, you will probably remember how the story between Edward and Celia ends. If not, I will not destroy the magic of this book telling you what happend in the end. But it definitely was a surp
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

5 DRAGON CROWNS

Fair warning, this is going to be a short a sweet review, because I do not want to give even the slightest hint of what might happen in this book. It is too amazing and suspenseful and HOT to ruin any moment.

Edward - Dominant. Hot. I may or may not want to disobey him (don't judge me).

Celia - I am going to be honest here, and I didn't read the book she appeared in earlier (and you don't have to), but I do not have any feelings about her character
CerysAnne
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's been a few days since I finished reading this book, and I'm honestly still speechless.

Slay: Rivalry was an intense, intimidating, sexy and seductive story that dared me to read on even though a part of me wanted to put this book down and just stop; simply take a breather and prepare myself for whatever could be delivered to me next. But it was as if Laurelin, Edward, and Celia themselves all dared me to carry on - dared me to turn the page without hesitation; dared me to dive myself fuller
Cee Cee Houston
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WHOA!!! HOLY SMOKES. GET READY TO HAVE YOUR EXPECTATIONS BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER.
Rivalry (Slay Trilogy #1) really lived up to its name. I totally slayed me.
Anyone who is a fan of Laurelin Paige, must surely have read the ‘Fixed’ series of books. We all know about Lainey and Hudson. We also know who Celia is.
Or we thought we did.
Here is her own book we find a totally different woman. Yes, she owns up to her mistakes. She takes responsibility for them- at least in her own head. She’s strong and det
Amanda Dubuque
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg, omg, omg, this book is wow. I'm not sure what to say except READ this book. This book is amazing. Laurelin out did herself and all I can say is grab it. I am just floored and can't wait for the next.
R
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Slay definitly slayed me😭
Just finish it second ago and I'm dying for the next book! It's crazy! It can't be the end for Slay! Oh my lawwwwd the cliffy😭

If you have meet Hudson Pierce, I'm sure you know Celia Werner or Edward Fasbender. But if you're like me and haven't meet Hudson, don't worry. Celia and Edward would still capture you good.
She's complicated. To the world she play the game with people mind and heart. She's ice cold, connifing, liar, grade A in B, spoiled rich girl with nothing on
Melissa
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. All I can say right now is ALPHAHOLE ALERT!! Edward Fasbender is one sexy, billionaire alpha! You’re going to want to add Slay: Rivalry to your TBR and get your kindle ready for June 4th!! The Devil is coming!! 😍
Amber Sanchez
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH! MY! OH! MY! OH! MY!!! CELIA MAY HAVE MET HER MATCH! I was so excited to find out what direction Laurelin Paige would take with this loathsome woman! And now I can say: it was with good reason and so worth the wait! Seeing her in such a vulnerable state while keeping her conniving ways in tact made for such an engaging read. With Edward’s cold, self-serving, calculating and distant attributes, I was hopeful that Celia would truly get what karma was ready to serve up. But then I couldn’t tell ...more
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Wow!! What a fantastic book. I could not turn the pages quickly enough and Celia is just as awful as I remember her from the Fixed Trilogy but I have to say I did love getting some insight into her character & motivations for "why" she was the way she was. I'm not sure how it happened but I even warmed to her a little in this one - who knew!!! Now Edward - well he is all sorts of dirty and evil. Like genuinely evil. They kind of deserve each other. That ending had my face like this😳
I absolu
Heather andrews
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I don't even know why Edward cares about things, the man really couldn't give a crap, “parading around in next-to-nothing in front of my staff,” stab, “And flirting with anyone that has a ***k,” stab, “Will not be tolerated.” Edward is an ***, I thought Celia would have more backbone and lady balls, the ones she has none isn't worth one iota. I liked this book, but I really need to see Celia play Edward's game but better.
Charmane Hackworth
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew this book was going to be good but holy smokes!!!! That ending. I need book 2
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
Did the top player finally met her match?

I was very skeptical when I learned that Laurelin Paige would write Celia Werner’s story. Let's admit honestly- not many people who have read Fixed Trilogy can say that they liked her character. I literally told my friends that Laurelin would have to make a miracle, so I’d warm up to Celia. And I think we have a miracle in creating... because I did.

Laurelin showed precisely what drives Celia and why she is what she is. In addition, she left us in a small
Gyrithe Blichfeldt
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Laurelin, you have slayed me with this book. How could you turn my hate for everything Celia. To a love and affection so deep, that I think out of all your books, I love her the most. How did you make me team Celia. Damn I wish for some good in her life. For someone to love him like only She deserves. She really need someone that will and can love her with all his love. I really hope Edward will prove to be that man. What a fantastic asshole he is. Who can stay away from him.
I think this is the
Amara
Oct 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Can I like Celia? That is the question.

description
Beneath The Covers Blog
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, kelly, arcs, sonal
Dual reviews can be found HERE:
--> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
--> https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

*ARCs provided for voluntary honest reviews.* ~Kelly & Sonal
Dena
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh boy here we go! Queen of angst is bringing the suspense upon us once again. We have a whole new roller coaster of emotion ahead of us and it won’t be a doozy, let me tell you. Ms. Paige can redeem anyone, I know it’s hard to believe but I’m already feeling so sorry for Celia. I know I shouldn’t but I think she’s been going through her own demons she has had to battle.

Edward Fasbender is a mystery, an enigma. I am dying to know more about this man and his feeling towards Celia. He holds somet
Kelly - Words We Love By
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anyone who can write a book and make you hate a character with your heart and soul then turn around and write a book about that character and make you want to give them your heart and soul is truly a gifted writer! Laurelin Paige you are that writer for me! You kill me with your cliffhangers but easily mend me back together with the love you put into your books. Please never stop surprising me with all your erotic, sexy as hell, mind blowing books! The Fixed Series and all the spinoffs have been ...more
TheSassyNerdBlog
May 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to begin with this book, I have been lost for words for the last 24 hours. This story running crazy in my mind.... and that is not a bad thing. I love it when a book can gut-punch me hard, and leave me winded just like this one has.

Slay is the first book in the Slay Quartet series and what an amazing start to a series. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. This story is intense and insane, it blew my mind. Laurelin Paige in one of my top favorites and this series
~Dawn~TUG
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Omg omg omg. I need the next book like NOW!!!! Aaah
Michele
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Celia Werner, the woman who used to play with Hudson, the woman who messed with his woman Alayna, and the woman who loves to play The Game with other peoples lives. Edward Fasbender has plans for her, and Celia has finally met her match. Laurelin Paige has taken Celia, the woman we love to hate, and given us a killer story. She "Slayed" it. The storyline is genius!
Kayla
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"He’d established the rules of this dark little game of ours. A game I was more committed to playing than ever. I just couldn’t say anymore if I wanted to play to destroy him or to win him."

I am seriously speechless after finishing this book. I am not even sure how to form a coherent sentence to write this review. It was UTTER PERFECTION. Laurelin Paige ABSOLUTELY slayed me with Slay! This is officially my absolute favorite book to date by her. This story was everything I wanted and SOOOO much
Peggy Lee (Reading Keeps Me Sane)
Slay One:Rivalry is book one in this intense, dark story of manipulation. This is Celia Werner's story. We've met and disliked Celia in Fixed Trilogy. Honestly I was surprised that we were getting her story, but as it turns out this surprise was so far the best of 2019.

Celia is not the typical heroine, she's vindictive, manipulative and dangerous. She lacks emotions. Until she decides to play a dangerous game on Edward Fasbender, her father's business rival. She slowly moves from empty, nothingn

• Boss
  • Edge of You
  • Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • Guardian (Guardian Protection, #5)
  • My Way (Irreparable, #5)
  • Quiet Man (Dream Man, #4.5)
  • His Wicked Ways
  • Thank Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #15)
  • Adam (Devils Bend, #4)
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Finding Paradise (Paradise, #2)
  • Broken Record (Record, #5)
  • The Blessings of Ethan Blackstone (The Blackstone Affair, #5)
  • Authority
Laurelin Paige is the NYT, WSJ, USA Today Bestselling Author of the international sensation, The Fixed Trilogy. She's also written other popular books in the Fixed Universe as well as the Dirty Universe and has cowritten with both Kayti McGee and Sierra Simone.
Are you looking for a romantic comedy or something hot and angsty? Here's Laurelin's list of books broken down by trope and reading o

Slay Quartet (2 books)
  • Slay: Ruin (Slay Quartet, #2)
“Flesh and bone and blood no longer are my makeup. I’m stacks of naught, packed into my being at the molecular level. My skin, my muscles, my organs, my cunt—cells of non-existence, masquerading as bits of human. Touch me, I’ll feel nothing. Bruise me, fuck me, love me—nothing, nothing, nothing.
Everything within me has been altered and adapted.
There’s nothing real anymore. Nothing solid. Nothing worthy.
Only pieces of limbo. Only nihilism. Only nothing.
Nothing wrapped securely around my core, an impenetrable seal.
Nothing jammed in all my spaces, crammed in tight, protecting the last embers of a once-blazing heart. I’m barely aware of its beat anymorethrough the layers of vacuity, barely feel the steadiness of its pulse.”
0 likes