Start by marking “It’s a Wonderful Night” as Want to Read:

It’s a Wonderful Night

Georgia Bailey is closing up her little charity shop in Oakbarrow when she gets a mysterious late night call from a stranger, threatening to jump off the town’s bridge.

Something about the man’s voice is faintly familiar but all she can do is stay on the line and after talking for hours, losing sense of time passing, coax him back from the edge.

The next morning, Georgia
Published October 5th 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about It’s a Wonderful Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It’s a Wonderful Night

Start your review of It’s a Wonderful Night
Carrie
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
It’s a Wonderful Night by Jaimie Admans is a holiday contemporary romance. Now while the cover seems whimsical and fun this one actually is set on the rather tough subjects of suicide and depression. Getting many mentions in the book is the movie It’s a Wonderful Life and while this isn’t a direct retelling it’s similar in nature.

Georgia Bailey works at local charity shop in a small town in the area of a few still privately owned shops that are struggling to compete with the big chains. One
Misty
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Imagine every Hallmark Channel movie ever made. Now imagine they were all spun into one film that was so sweet it would make your teeth ache. That is the gist of It’s a Wonderful Night, a barely PG (more G) romance novel by Jaime Admans.

The book opens with Georgia Bailey, a charity shop manager, taking a late night call at work from a suicidal man who has misdialed. He is threatening to jump from a local bridge and initially believes he has reached a suicide-prevention line. Georgia impresses
Finitha Jose
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is, without a doubt, the best Christmas story I have read in 2018. Well, that says it all and this would probably be the shortest review I am going to write. When you love something so much, it is hard to put those fragmented but intense emotions to words. This book will forever be associated with Christmases and angels for me.
The title, as you can guess is inspired by the famous Christmas movie, 'It's a Wonderful Life'. The novel follows a similar pattern and follows the lives of Leo and
Whispering Stories
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Georgia Bailey is working very late one night at the charity shop, One Light, where she is the manager, sorting out their Christmas window display when the telephone begins to ring. Ignoring it at first, Georgia’s conscience gets the better of her and with a mouth full of Crunchie she manages to mumble hello into the receiver.

On the other end of the phone is a man who wants to know if it will hurt when he jumps off the bridge he is stood on.
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had been saving this book for a while, to read when I hopefully had enough time to savour every moment, as I had an inkling between the blurb and the author that it would be something special.

It is more than something special and needs to take pride of place in anyone's festive book collection, or in fact any bookshelf at all.

I have laughed and I have almost cried during the reading of this story - it really gave me all the feels and I was hooked on Georgia and Leo's story.

There are so many
Karen Whittard
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite book of the whole entire year. I have so much love for this beautiful book. It is simply magical and beautiful and I loved it.

Georgia works in the One Light charity shop, for a suicide prevention charity. One night she gets a call from a distressed man who is in desperate need of help. He has found a leaflet on the side of the bridge which Georgia puts there every morning, in the hope that if someone needs help they will be able to find what they need. Sadly dispite telling
Nessa
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, I have absolutely fallen in love with this book, it was perfect in every way. I was literally glued to it's pages from start to finish. It was full of Christmas festive moments, plus heartwarming and entertaining, not to mention a few giggly moments throughout the story too.

I loved the setting and getting to know all of the characters was such a joy, all of whom were so very well written. How the film 'It's a Wonderful Life' plays a huge part in the story throughout and is so cleverly
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
For everyone. You are good enough. No matter how impossible things seem, you truly have a wonderful life, and the world will always be better with you in it.
This story is full of charming sentiment, realistic life stories and characters so authentic, you expect them to be sitting in the room with you. There are plenty romantic moments interwoven with despair, goodness, humour and sadness.

Sometimes the people who smile the widest are the ones who are suffering the most.
The storytelling was
Rachel McMillan
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic read with one of the most unique premises and "meet cutes" I have ever encountered.

Georgia Bailey is on the receiving end of a misplaced call by a man contemplating suicide on a bridge in her small town of Oakbarrow and who accidentally didn't get through to the charity line intended.

Georgia feels an immediate kinship as she keeps the man on the line and talking and discovers that she might actually know him...well.

He's Leo, the owner of It's a Wonderful Latte, the humorous
Jo
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely feel good read and my first festive book of the year. Loved the main characters and how their relationship slowly developed during the course of the book. And of course everyone loves a happy ending. I have admit to having never seen the film in question. I can read books for hours but don't have the attention span to watch an entire film. This us my second book by this author and i'm unsure if she has written any.others but it's something I will be looking into. Thanks to TBC ...more
Renee (The B-Roll)
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Basically, this book uses the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life,” as a running theme throughout. It is done in a really cute way as to enhance the holiday mood throughout.

The story takes place in Great Britain, in the current day. It starts in November, but quickly covers the month of December and follows two main characters named Georgia Bailey (get it?!) and Leo. The book opens with a possible suicide and hidden candy. From there, the story continues on and I can’t give any more away! If you know
Maggie Grace
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet little book, kind of predictable plot, but sweet. I kept thinking the main character (Leo) was a 14 year old boy instead of a 37 year old British man, but maybe the author watched too many Hugh Grant movies.
Jayne Catherine pinkett
I really enjoyed this book. The idea of restoring the love for and custom of the high street was really well written. It is a topical problem here in the UK unfortunately and this book portrays how the decline in this type of business can ruin lives. Mental health issues are sensitively covered as is homelessness and grief.
I loved all the characters and the bubbling chemistry between the two main protagonists. Some parts in the middle felt a little far fetched, however this did not detract too
Susan Buchanan
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. My favourite book this year. I had read Kismetology by Jaimie a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but this was even better. If you are a fan of It's A Wonderful Life (and I've only seen it once) you truly are in for a treat with all the references.
Elaine
‘It’s a Wonderful Night’ proved to be a wonderful book! However, don’t assume from the cover that it is a cosy romance, it actually deals with the issue of suicide and depression as well as community spirit and working together as part of a heartwarming romance.

When someone phones the charity shop where Georgia Bailey works by mistake she can’t just tell him it is the wrong number - the caller is on a local bridge considering suicide. As she talks to him, she feels he’s familiar but isn’t sure
Marie

Jaimie Admans’ books are always a joy to read. They’re fun and funny and always have a magical quality and something about them that makes them feel different from anything else I’ve read.

It’s a Wonderful Night had that magical quality I’ve come to love in Jaimie’s books, but the thing that really set it apart was something completely unexpected: the fact it dealt with mental illness. Honestly, take a moment to let that sink in: a romantic comedy that deals with mental illness. I love
Karschtl
4,5 stars

This is such a wonderful book! From the first chapter on, I really liked Georgia. She is such a good and caring person, a real heroine. I also felt for Leo, a sweet and good-natured guy. But as Georgia says: "Sometimes the people that smile the widest are suffering the most."

I didn't even care if the two become lovers or just good friends. The latter would have been fine for me, since this book is not about 'boy meets girl' (as the short description on the back might indicate) but
Priya
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is a very sweet story with a lot of laugh out loud humour. Though it has romance, emotions and aChristmassy theme what stands out is the light, feel good nature of the story.
I could very well imagine that I was watching the characters on a screen in front of me.. So vividly described is it!

Georgia Bailey works as a charity shop manager in the fictional small town of Oakbarrow and working late one night, she takes a call that should never have come to her. On learning that the caller is
Noor Hanis
Procrastination at its best! But that's not the only force that drove me to the very last page of this book. I am just simply a sucker for this kind of genre. Simple, cute couple and not too much conflict.

Georgia was changing the clothes for the mannequin when Leo accidentally called the charity shop she worked at for a suicide prevention line. A pure heart as she is, convincing Leo not to jump off the bridge is one thing she had to do.

The next morning, as usual, she went to the It's a
Dan Thompson
It's a Wonderful Night took me by surprise. I was expecting light and Christmas and mulled wine. And it is all those things, but so so much more too. It deals with male depression, expectation, pride, and suicide. It wraps them all up in a brilliant read that warms you with romance and Christmas spirit.

I really connected with this book. Leo was a man I couldn't help but connect with. His obsession with making a coffee shop a success, his drive, and his many masks, well, Jaimie Admans really
Kim
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely read and perfect for fans of snowmance. Felt the ending was a slight bit rushed but the book as a whole was so enjoyable that I didn't mind.

Please write more about this town and the characters that live in it! I'd love to read about each of the shop owners and definitely Bernard's story.

If you are a fan of It's a Wonderful Life then you will want to curl up with a mug of tea and give this book a go.
Meg Dean
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely! Sweet! Fun & festive!!!
Dawn Brookes
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-romance
This was a lovely seasonal read. A sweet romance mirroring the story of Its a Wonderful Night. It is up-to-date in context addressing issues that small businesses face in the modern world. Friendship and kindness abound, as you would expect in a feel-good Christmas story. I liked it.
Laurie-Anne
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seriously can't give this book enough stars. It caught me right at the very start and it made me want to laugh and cry with the characters in it. It made me think about my own life, and my own Christmassy feelings. And I didn't want it to end!
Shirley

Shirley J, Reviewer

Last updated on 09 Oct 2018

I Recommend This Book

Strongly

It's a Wonderful Night is the perfect book to read this Christmas, it's full of endearing characters, an absolute heart warming story that I absolutely loved every minute of, and what a beautiful cover too.
Georgina Roberts
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, from the moment I started reading it I was sucked in and wanted to keep reading to find out what happened. It made me feel all cosy and it seemed so magical. I've never actually watched Its a Wonderful Life and because of this book this Christmas I'm going to watch it.
I cant wait to read more of Jaimie's books, I loved the Wedding Island aswell. Five stars
Kelly
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have seen this been recommended on twitter so I got myself a copy and snuggled down to have a read! This is my first book by Jaimie Admans and now I wonder what wonderful books I have been missing out on as this book was superb!

This is a fantastic story that makes you laugh, cry and reflect on how important those around you are and if you really do know how they are. A brilliant story that is really current covering mental health, whilst reiterating the importance of family and friends and
Haley
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it

This reminded me of a Hallmark movie--cute and clean. (Not super cheesy like some of the Hallmark ones.) It is probably enjoyed more during Christmastime; I didn't realize how Christmas-focused it would be. The romance was built well, and I enjoyed the characters. I was prevented from loving it more because the foundation of the romance was a lie that went on for much longer in the book than I anticipated; lying in a relationship for that long just bugged me.
Amanda
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple of Jaimie’s books now and I have really, really enjoyed them. I couldn’t wait to get my hands on a copy of her latest book called ‘It’s A Wonderful Night’. Well the wait is over and ‘It’s A Wonderful Night’ was released in e-book format on 5th October 2018 and in paperback on 15th November 2018. I couldn’t wait to get started so I dove straight in. Oh my word, ‘It’s A Wonderful Night’ is one beautiful book that really got to me in several different way and I loved it but ...more
Ems. (afternoonbookery)
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Its a wonderful night

I am still rounding up the last of the festive reads and this one ticked all the boxes.
We meet Georgia Bailey as she is working late into the night just before Christmas as a manager of a charity shop getting her festive window displays all ready, its rather late when the phone rings and concerned its her father or a telemarketer she answers.

What she didn't expect was someone who was looking for the helpline, you see the charity she works for is called One Light and it deals
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love and Lies at the Village Christmas Shop
  • A Winter Kiss on Rochester Mews (Lonely Hearts Bookshop, #4)
  • A Miracle on Hope Street
  • One Week 'Til Christmas
  • The Christmas Wish List
  • The Telephone Box Library
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • Second Chances at the Log Fire Cabin: A laugh-out-loud Christmas holiday romance from the ebook bestseller
  • No One Cancels Christmas
  • Coming Home to Glendale Hall
  • A Cosy Christmas in Cornwall
  • Winter At Cedarwood Lodge
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • The Christmas Wish
  • The Mill on Magnolia Lane
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Bluebell’s Christmas Magic
  • A Mistletoe Miracle
Jaimie is a 32-year-old English-sounding Welsh girl with an awkward-to-spell name. She lives in South Wales and enjoys writing, gardening, watching horror movies, and drinking tea, although she’s seriously considering marrying her coffee machine. She loves autumn and winter, and singing songs from musicals despite the fact she’s got the voice of a dying hyena. She hates spiders, hot weather, and ...more