Start by marking “It’s a Wonderful Night” as Want to Read:

It’s a Wonderful Night

Don’t miss the fabulously feel-good festive romance coming soon from the author of The Little Wedding Island!

Pre-order now!

Published October 5th 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about It’s a Wonderful Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It’s a Wonderful Night

Carrie
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
It’s a Wonderful Night by Jaimie Admans is a holiday contemporary romance. Now while the cover seems whimsical and fun this one actually is set on the rather tough subjects of suicide and depression. Getting many mentions in the book is the movie It’s a Wonderful Life and while this isn’t a direct retelling it’s similar in nature.

Georgia Bailey works at local charity shop in a small town in the area of a few still privately owned shops that are struggling to compete with the big chains. One nigh
Whispering Stories
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Georgia Bailey is working very late one night at the charity shop, One Light, where she is the manager, sorting out their Christmas window display when the telephone begins to ring. Ignoring it at first, Georgia’s conscience gets the better of her and with a mouth full of Crunchie she manages to mumble hello into the receiver.

On the other end of the phone is a man who wants to know if it will hurt when he jumps off the bridge he is stood on. Hi
Finitha Jose
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is, without a doubt, the best Christmas story I have read in 2018. Well, that says it all and this would probably be the shortest review I am going to write. When you love something so much, it is hard to put those fragmented but intense emotions to words. This book will forever be associated with Christmases and angels for me.
The title, as you can guess is inspired by the famous Christmas movie, 'It's a Wonderful Life'. The novel follows a similar pattern and follows the lives of Leo and
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I had been saving this book for a while, to read when I hopefully had enough time to savour every moment, as I had an inkling between the blurb and the author that it would be something special.

It is more than something special and needs to take pride of place in anyone's festive book collection, or in fact any bookshelf at all.

I have laughed and I have almost cried during the reading of this story - it really gave me all the feels and I was hooked on Georgia and Leo's story.

There are so many
Nessa
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow, I have absolutely fallen in love with this book, it was perfect in every way. I was literally glued to it's pages from start to finish. It was full of Christmas festive moments, plus heartwarming and entertaining, not to mention a few giggly moments throughout the story too.

I loved the setting and getting to know all of the characters was such a joy, all of whom were so very well written. How the film 'It's a Wonderful Life' plays a huge part in the story throughout and is so cleverly wo
Karen Whittard
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favourite book of the whole entire year. I have so much love for this beautiful book. It is simply magical and beautiful and I loved it.

Georgia works in the One Light charity shop, for a suicide prevention charity. One night she gets a call from a distressed man who is in desperate need of help. He has found a leaflet on the side of the bridge which Georgia puts there every morning, in the hope that if someone needs help they will be able to find what they need. Sadly dispite telling
Rachel McMillan
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic read with one of the most unique premises and "meet cutes" I have ever encountered.

Georgia Bailey is on the receiving end of a misplaced call by a man contemplating suicide on a bridge in her small town of Oakbarrow and who accidentally didn't get through to the charity line intended.

Georgia feels an immediate kinship as she keeps the man on the line and talking and discovers that she might actually know him...well.

He's Leo, the owner of It's a Wonderful Latte, the humorous
Jo
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely feel good read and my first festive book of the year. Loved the main characters and how their relationship slowly developed during the course of the book. And of course everyone loves a happy ending. I have admit to having never seen the film in question. I can read books for hours but don't have the attention span to watch an entire film. This us my second book by this author and i'm unsure if she has written any.others but it's something I will be looking into. Thanks to TBC ...more
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
For everyone. You are good enough. No matter how impossible things seem, you truly have a wonderful life, and the world will always be better with you in it.
This story is full of charming sentiment, realistic life stories and characters so authentic, you expect them to be sitting in the room with you. There are plenty romantic moments interwoven with despair, goodness, humour and sadness.

Sometimes the people who smile the widest are the ones who are suffering the most.
The storytelling was fi
Susan Buchanan
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. My favourite book this year. I had read Kismetology by Jaimie a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but this was even better. If you are a fan of It's A Wonderful Life (and I've only seen it once) you truly are in for a treat with all the references.
Elaine
‘It’s a Wonderful Night’ proved to be a wonderful book! However, don’t assume from the cover that it is a cosy romance, it actually deals with the issue of suicide and depression as well as community spirit and working together as part of a heartwarming romance.

When someone phones the charity shop where Georgia Bailey works by mistake she can’t just tell him it is the wrong number - the caller is on a local bridge considering suicide. As she talks to him, she feels he’s familiar but isn’t sure j
Marie

Jaimie Admans’ books are always a joy to read. They’re fun and funny and always have a magical quality and something about them that makes them feel different from anything else I’ve read.

It’s a Wonderful Night had that magical quality I’ve come to love in Jaimie’s books, but the thing that really set it apart was something completely unexpected: the fact it dealt with mental illness. Honestly, take a moment to let that sink in: a romantic comedy that deals with mental illness. I love rom
Priya
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a very sweet story with a lot of laugh out loud humour. Though it has romance, emotions and aChristmassy theme what stands out is the light, feel good nature of the story.
I could very well imagine that I was watching the characters on a screen in front of me.. So vividly described is it!

Georgia Bailey works as a charity shop manager in the fictional small town of Oakbarrow and working late one night, she takes a call that should never have come to her. On learning that the caller is abou
Dan Thompson
It's a Wonderful Night took me by surprise. I was expecting light and Christmas and mulled wine. And it is all those things, but so so much more too. It deals with male depression, expectation, pride, and suicide. It wraps them all up in a brilliant read that warms you with romance and Christmas spirit.

I really connected with this book. Leo was a man I couldn't help but connect with. His obsession with making a coffee shop a success, his drive, and his many masks, well, Jaimie Admans really hit
Kim
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely read and perfect for fans of snowmance. Felt the ending was a slight bit rushed but the book as a whole was so enjoyable that I didn't mind.

Please write more about this town and the characters that live in it! I'd love to read about each of the shop owners and definitely Bernard's story.

If you are a fan of It's a Wonderful Life then you will want to curl up with a mug of tea and give this book a go.
Maggie Grace
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet little book, kind of predictable plot, but sweet. I kept thinking the main character (Leo) was a 14 year old boy instead of a 37 year old British man, but maybe the author watched too many Hugh Grant movies.
Meg Dean
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely! Sweet! Fun & festive!!!
Dawn Brookes
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: light-romance
This was a lovely seasonal read. A sweet romance mirroring the story of Its a Wonderful Night. It is up-to-date in context addressing issues that small businesses face in the modern world. Friendship and kindness abound, as you would expect in a feel-good Christmas story. I liked it.
Shirley

Shirley J, Reviewer

Last updated on 09 Oct 2018

I Recommend This Book

Strongly

It's a Wonderful Night is the perfect book to read this Christmas, it's full of endearing characters, an absolute heart warming story that I absolutely loved every minute of, and what a beautiful cover too.
Georgina Roberts
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, from the moment I started reading it I was sucked in and wanted to keep reading to find out what happened. It made me feel all cosy and it seemed so magical. I've never actually watched Its a Wonderful Life and because of this book this Christmas I'm going to watch it.
I cant wait to read more of Jaimie's books, I loved the Wedding Island aswell. Five stars
Renee Pinkston
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Kate Avery
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites-2018
Rating 4.5/5

Jaimie Admans is an author that I will pick up without knowing much about the book, which is definitely the case with It’s A Wonderful Night, I couldn’t remember much about it except that it was based at Christmastime. As usual, I didn’t need to be worried because it was every bit as good as I expected it to be.

I have to say I was right in the mood for this one, I have been feeling more festive than I usually do at this time of year and this fed my festive feeling, there are festive
Nicola Smith
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn't resist this book after I had read the blurb. It sounded light and festive, yet dealing with deeper themes.

Georgia Bailey works for a charity shop in the small town of Oakbarrow. A mix up means that one night, instead of ringing the charities helpline, a man rings the shop. The man is feeling desperate and is standing on the bridge threatening to jump. Georgia and the man have a long conversation, even though she really shouldn't be talking to him as she's not trained to help him. The
Maureen Moyes
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mbd-reviewed
❄ WOW ❄ WOW ❄ WOW ❄
originally published on www.momobookdiary.com

What can I say… I just loved this beautiful story which shows how important friends are to every one of us!

The story starts with Leo, a man with the world on his shoulders who has found himself at his lowest point in life. He is standing on the edge of the town bridge as he considers jumping off as he feels he cannot go on with life. Luckily he calls a helpline number he found on a leaflet at the side of the bridge, however in his
Kerry Robinson
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis
Georgia (George) Bailey, named after the character from It’s a Wonderful Life, manages the local charity shop – One Light. Whilst working late one night, she receives an accidental phone call from a familiar sounding voice which was meant for their suicide help line, not the shop. Despite the possible repercussions, he cannot bring herself to hang up or redirect the caller until she knows they are safe.

The next day she goes about her daily business and comes to the realisation that the v
Joanne Cartwright
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s a wonderful night jumps right in with an almost tragedy before unfolding what is ultimately a love story entwining the whole community in its development.
The description of Oakbarrow high street is synonymous with most high streets in the country- run down, populated with charity shops and banks and generally failing. What my local high street lacks is a coffee shop run by a dishy young man and his charming mum otherwise I could be lured back to regular high street shopping myself!
The story
Patty Wilderman
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful contemporary Christmas romance, just in time for the holidays. An amazing romantic tale filled with loss, sadness, happiness and love. Plenty of memories recreated from the forgotten past. It all starts with a call for help.

Georgia is the manager of the One Light Charity shop. She is working late one night when a call for help comes in from a man who has the wrong number. He sounds so familiar, yet so devastated and sad. She can't bear to make him call the right number.

Leo ow
Kim Shelley
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jaimie Admans for me is a debut and I didn’t quite know what to expect if I’m honest. My sister raves about her books, but I’ve never had the opportunity to read one. Then when the email for this landed in my inbox I jumped at the chance. I read the blurb and was hooked. It took a while for me to get to this on my TBR but I got there and wow! Just Wow! What a truly beautifully written story.
I can actually picture Georgia (George) wrestling with naked mannequins at the beginning of our story and
Stacy Walton
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Now where do I start with my praises because I'm unsure if I can do this wonderful book the justice it needs. I loved every single moment of my time in Oakbarrow and was torn between devouring every single page because I couldn't put it down to savouring each and every word due to the fact I didn't want it to come to an end.

Leo and George are perfectly rounded characters who I instantly fell in love with and their intertwining storylines grabbed my heart in all their endearing glory. Leo's strug
Kerry Ford
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having previously read another of Jaimie Admans I was really looking forward to to reading this, and it didn’t disappoint. What an absolutely gorgeous book.
Jaimie manages to deal sensitively and sincerely with the many problems in today’s society, mental health, homelessness and the demise of the traditional high street being just a few.
Georgia is the right person at the right time and Leo is in trouble. Oakbarrow is lacking in Christmas spirit, and slowly dying. So Georgia decides to take it up
« previous 1 3 next »
Jaimie is a 32-year-old English-sounding Welsh girl with an awkward-to-spell name. She lives in South Wales and enjoys writing, gardening, watching horror movies, and drinking tea, although she’s seriously considering marrying her coffee machine. She loves autumn and winter, and singing songs from musicals despite the fact she’s got the voice of a dying hyena. She hates spiders, hot weather, and c ...more