Start by marking “The Ghosts of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Ghosts of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #1)

The Ghosts of Mystic Springs

(Mystic Springs #1)

Why be normal when you can be paranormal?

Welcome to Mystic Springs, where things definitely go bump in the night.

As the town’s medium, Connie Winters is the only person who can see the ghosts who call Mystic Springs home.

When young temptress Lola is killed, the dead Mayor and the dead Sheriff are determined to investigate, and since they’ve never been replaced, they’d be
Published June 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Ghosts of Mystic Springs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ghosts of Mystic Springs

Start your review of The Ghosts of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #1)
Paula Adams
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A series about 2 sisters, one a medium and one a spirit who doesn't know how she died. A young woman dies and there are several suspects but there is no police in Mystic Springs and the nearest towns have there own cases. The 2 sisters decide to solve the murder themselves with the help of other spirits one of which was the sheriff.

In the beginning I was a bit confused but quickly got over it and started enjoying the story. I was wishing I could have some of my loved ones around that left too s
Tyrannosaurus regina
I was all over the place in my feelings about this one. One the one hand, the sister relationship was great and I liked where the mystery lead us. On the other, it falls into my most hated trope of harping on the protagonist's weight, constantly, and...I'm no expert in the American legal system but I'm pretty sure they can't just...not investigate a murder. So I just could not get on board with that as a premise. And then the ending. Oh, the ending that came out of nowhere. I don't mean the reve ...more
Karen
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was spectacular! I could not put it down! A well written paranormal cozy in which the spirit and physical worlds work together to solve the whodunit.
The characters were really engaging and I cannot wait to read the next one!
Barbara Hackel
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an easy to read book with some humorous parts, making the story light and not at all scary. The town's only medium teams up with her sister, the former Mayor, and a police officer to figure out who killed a young woman who had an affair with a recently deceased town businessman. The only thing slightly unusual about that is the fact that other than the medium, Connie Winters, they are all ghosts. That doesn't stop them from poking around and finding unusual evidence. Several surprises l ...more
Kimberly-Dawn Quinn
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-list
A new cozy mystery series is out. The twists and turns are gentle not break neck speed. This one contains themes of sisterhood, community and spirits among us. I recognize in all family relationships we tend to repeat ourselves and our arguments but at times its redundant to point I could finish the quote because I heard it before multiple times already. There is a surprising and very good work around for the mystery.
There are pieces of backstory that help but I really was disappointed where a
Pam
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok read

The constant references to mc weight were off putting. Ditto on ghost sister’s vanity. I won’t be continuing the series. Couldn’t really find anything likable about either of them.
Heather Cleaver
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Different concept, dead and living characters

I just couldn't read much of this book, it didn't hold my attention. The back and forth, a town with no police department and a murder was very slow.
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I received this book for free. I am voluntarily leaving this review and all opinions expressed herein are mine.

This is the first book in the Mystic Springs cozy mysteries series. It is a standalone book with no cliffhanger ending.

Here, in the very small town of Mystic Springs, Connie is a medium. She is able to see and communicate with her deceased sister Sage, the deceased former Sheriff of the town and the deceased former Mayor, among others. Since the town's Sheriff died, Mystic Springs has
Jennie
Jan 22, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, paranormal
I bought this in October along with a few other fluffy paranormal mysteries and only just got around to reading it. It was...fluffy, so I guess it did its job. Note my correct use of its here; I had to endure the freaking rogue apostrophe through the whole dang book. Get an editor who doesn’t just rely on spell check.

Another place an editor might have helped? The weird tone. We’re introduced to a main character who refers to her “mum” and the “headmaster,” but then we’re suddenly in a town with
Lisa
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Loved the main character. It was so nice to have a protagonist that wasn't young and perfectly fit, and who wasn't made more "whole" by a love interest. Imagining the main character in her 50s and overweight just made her much more real and accessible. She was who she was, take it or leave it. She did smart things; she did stupid things; she was just like anyone else...other than being able to see ghosts, of course.

The story itself builds up in a solid manner and sort of keep
Lidia
This is my review of the audio version as posted on Audible:

It's a very interesting concept for a cozy mystery: ghosts taking up a murder investigation, with a little help from the only living person who can see and talk to them :) Why do the ghosts have to do it? Because there are no law officers in town - no police force, no sheriff, no-one... And so they do what they have to do to make sure that their town is again as safe as before:)

I like this concept a lot; there are many paranormal cozies
Julie Howard
Mar 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-book
I enjoyed this book but didn't see the end coming. I haven't read a story by this author before but the blurb sounded interesting so I gave it a go, it is a very unusual plot and I quite liked it. The story is told by two character, so you have to make sure you listen well because at the start of each chapter it tells you who perspective you are listening to, either Connie the Medium or Sage the ghost of her sister. The mystery is fun and I liked the way the ghosts help to solve it. There are pl ...more
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much fun! A fantastic read

I loved everything about this book, but especially the fact that it had me smiling all the way through it. The main characters are Connie and her sister Sage. Connie is a medium and can both see and talk to spirits. Her sister Sage died years ago but with Connie's abilities the two still remain best friends and see each other every day. I loved the relationship and the closeness between the two. I also loved reading a book where the main character, Connie, is older t
Teresa
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I started this book right after I left my house in Central Florida and it ended 20 minuted from my destination in Southern Tennessee. The book really helped the miles fly by. I was very engaged in the story. Even my 11 year old Grandson in the back seat was listening while playing his video games. i did not know he was paying attention until the story ended and he asked is it over. The book was not scary so it is was ok that he was listening. The book is more of a mystery that involve ghosts.

I
Renee Arthur
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Connie had lived in Mystic Springs for years and she's a medium. As far as she knows, she's the only one that sees spirits. Her dead sister, Sage spends most of her time with Connie. Mystic Springs is a small town and when the sheriff passed away they never got a new one, or a mayor either. When a murder occurs during a party, someone has to investigate but the two towns nearest them don't have the time or manpower and they don't seem to care anyway. So, Atticus, the dead mayor, Patton, the dead ...more
Miss W Book Reviews
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Ghost of Mystic Springs is the first book in the Mystic Springs cozy paranormal mystery series. In this story we meet Connie Winters who is the town's medium and she is the only one that can see the ghosts of Mystic Springs that hang around. The mystery starts when Lola is killed and the mayor and sheriff show up, did I mention they are dead and its their ghosts that show up? They need Connie's help since she's, uh, living . Not only that , but Connie gets the help of her sister, oh yeah and ...more
Darcysmom
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ghosts of Mystic Springs is the first book in the Mystic Springs cozy mystery series. I really liked that there was a touch of spookiness without it becoming scary.
Connie Winters, a medium, and her sister Sage, a ghost, are the main characters of the book. I love that Connie and Sage have a traditional sibling relationship despite Sage being dead.
When one of the less well known citizens of the town is killed at the town's April Fools Day party, Sage and the former mayor and sheriff (both gh
Carol
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do like Mona Marple's books and was looking forward to this new series that she decided to write, especially as it also includes my other favourite - paranormals. It is a fun read with 2 sisters, one a living medium and another a dead spirit as the main characters and of course a cozy murder at the heart of it. The characters are likeable and believable (even though one if dead!) and there is a good strong storyline.

I especially like the way Mona introduces each of the characters, bringing the
Krystyna
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ghosts and their antics

A great read - different to most that you will have read. She has been able to see ghosts since she was a teen. This came in useful as her sister passed many years ago but the two are still close. It also dictated her work as a medium. The plan to have a party for the living and the dead, was in fact her sister's idea. What they didn't expect was for a murder to take place at the party. With no living Sheriff, the dead get together and enlist her help to investigate. Can
Brianna Belbin
I really loved this book! It had the perfect amount of humor, mystery, and ghosts. It’s definitely a first for me when the sleuthing gang only has one living member, but it was very well written. The characters are real, relatable, and extremely likeable. I appreciated that this book was told in multiple POVs so we could get insight from the living and the dead.
This was my first time listening to one of Raquel’s narrations and I really enjoyed her performance for this book. She has a strong cle
Mary Cokenour
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time reading this first in the series. Two sisters, one is living and a medium who can see and speak to spirits. The 2nd sister has been dead for 20 yrs. and "lives" with her alive sister.

Connie is the medium, but she spends so much time being negative about her weight, appearance, and heartbreaks in her life. She is a living ball of depression. Sage, the dead sister, is just as vain in death, as she was alive, and still knows how to manipulate Connie.

The chapters keep switchin
Cyndi Fowles
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Sisters, the ties that bind

I started reading and thought this was a mystery set in England for the first few pages. But it isn't. However the main characters are British. These are sisters, one dead and one who can see the dead.
These sisters are as different as night and day. One beautiful and one plain. One with kids and one single no children. Fat versus thin. They still argue and analyze each other.
I flew through this story. It is a quick read, but I only finished it to confirm my suspicion a
Angela Anderson
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a review copy of this book by the author and in return an honest review.
I love Mona Maples books his is a great wee paranormal mystery.
Connie is a medium whom lives in Mystic Springs, when a woman is killed the ghosts, (that only Connie seems to be able to see) , of the mayor and sheriff decide to investigate. They will need Connie help with this along with Sage, Connie's long dead sister. This wee town will see a few interesting things happen along the way.
Great characters and wel
Bobbi
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another great book by Mona Marple, her humor makes the story come alive. Connie is a fun and caring character. She can see and interact with the dead. Some say it is a gift, others just think she is crazy. The citizens of Mystic Springs, both dead and alive, are so engaging. Where else can you find a town run by a dead mayor and sheriff. It would be great to see spirits as long as they are kind and caring not murderous. Really enjoyed this book and hope there will be more stories in this ...more
Tonya Bryant Gillon
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

I enjoyed this book. Connie is a medium and her sister Sage ho stays with her, they live in Mystic Springs. They decide to hold a party for the living and the dead. When a woman is murdered at the party. She was a runaway that came to town and stayed, but did not have many friends. Since the town doesn’t have a police force or even a sheriff, it falls on Connie and the ghost of the sheriff and the mayor to try to solve the case.

What a great story and such a neat cast of characters!
Tracey Hutt
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and light hearted read!

I'd had this book in my library for a while, but I wasn't sure what to expect. I was in between books so finally thought I'd give it a go and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.
It's a light hearted spooky mystery about a lady who can see and communicate with spirits, who gets talked into helping the town ghosts, including her dead sister, with solving a murder.
Well worth reading and very few, if any, typos (which is a big thing for me!). Would be perfect a
Amanda Bare
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-cozy
Brad
Oct 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Interesting in Places, But Left Me Wanting

The premise is interesting and the character development of Connie and her sister Sage is good. A few things were repeated too often -- I got tired of hearing about oversize knickers.

The plot has some nice twists but the story has some things that just didn't seem to fit together. I'm happy I ready the entire book but there were a couple of times that I almost stopped.

Hopefully, the world-view and stories will tighten up a bit in future books. This was a
Maria
Oct 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, kindle
Interesting story with ghosts helping to solve the murder. The writing was a little confusing because the story is supposed to take place in the United States with the main character and her sister being from the UK, but all the characters tend to speak as if they're from the UK. Americans call people, they don't ring them. Little things like that were distracting me but otherwise, an enjoyable story. ...more
JOHN C
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
A mystic murder

Come to Mystic Springs and relax your bones, get a ghost reading, have a party and get killed. Now how are the people going to figure out whodunnit with no police department? Connie and her ghost sister, Sage, with other ghost friends, (including an ex policeman and the ex-mayor) work to find the culprit. They also have the town help out with the problem, but will the killer be found?

Dana Pratt
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Frosted Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #5)
  • Luck of the Witch (Crypt Witch #1)
  • Spelling the Tea ( Vampire Tea Room Magical Mystery, #1)
  • Paws in the Action (Jaz and Luffy Cozy Mystery, #1)
  • Witch Way to Murder & Mayhem (Witch Way #1)
  • Miss Spelled (The Kitchen Witch, #1)
  • The Murder of Shakespeare's Ghost (Seaview Cottages #2)
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Scary (A Ravenmist Whodunit #1)
  • Witch Degrees of Separation (Witch Squad Mystery #3)
  • Get Up and Ghost (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #1)
  • The Squawking Dead (Magic Market Mysteries #7)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Bumpkin (Country Cousin #4)
  • The Ghost is Clear (Ghost Detective #3)
  • Witch Inheritance (Mackenzie Coven Mystery #1)
  • Flea Market Magic (Southern Relics #1)
  • Ghost Mortem (Haunted Everly After #1)
  • Mouse of Cards
  • Publishable By Death (St. Marin's Cozy Mystery #1)

Mystic Springs (7 books)
  • The Secrets of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs. #2)
  • The Curse of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs, #3)
  • The Santa Claus of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #4)
  • The Witches of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #5)
  • The Circus of Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #6)
  • New Year in Mystic Springs (Mystic Springs #7)

News & Interviews

Psychological thrillers that will leave your head spinning. Cold cases, detectives hot on a trail, unreliable narrators, and a dash of poison...