Start by marking “Maynard Trigg and The Creature Beneath The Veil” as Want to Read:
Maynard Trigg and The Creature Beneath The Veil

Maynard Trigg and The Creature Beneath The Veil

IN THE SKIES ABOVE A LOST WORLD...

Maynard Trigg lives carefree in the muddied slums of Carthage Skyport making mischief at the expense of his loving father, his friends, and teachers.

But when a pirate appears, claiming to have been sent to protect Maynard from a murderous creature, he is thrust into a life of magic, theft, and deceit.

A life, he promised himself, he would n
Published June 17th 2018 by Digital and Creative Media Works

To ask other readers questions about Maynard Trigg and The Creature Beneath The Veil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maynard Trigg and The Creature Beneath The Veil

Anna
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
What I love most about Maynard Trigg and The Creature Beneath The Veil is the feeling of adventure. That and the way the places were described. It made me feel as if I was right there in the story. And Moony had me intrigued. Who was he to Maynard's father? What was he? Is he a good guy or a bad guy pretending to be good? There was so much that the protagonist, Maynard, had been thrust into after his father's disappearance. It was one puzzling, harrowing instance after the next. I actually had s ...more
Lucy
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
About 3.5 stars which is a high rating for me. I loved this book. I could tell it was in part inspired by Stephen King’s the Gunslinger - captures the feel of that series while being a unique story in its own right. I’m looking forward to book two.
Kez Booth
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall an very enjoyable read. I found the main character intelligent and relatable who adapts as best he can to the situations in the book. The pacing was good so the story didn't slow down. I thought it was a good mix of fantasy, horror and action with a pirate thrown in too. This is only the first book so looking forward to more!
Christopher Jenerette
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s pretty good the pacing isn’t too slow nor too fast. The wide cast of unique characters makes sure that the story never gets stale nor repetitive and the main character acts how we would act if placed in their situation but they slowly become accustomed to the reality of the situation at hand.
Laura Berger
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great first novel with a lot of heart. An interesting setting with a lot of potential for future exploration.
Sally Raz
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
 Imagine wishing for your day to be more thrilling than the norm. Something better than just studying about soil and its chemical elements; however you regrets it when a mysterious man appears out of nowhere and tells you that your father got murdered. And you are now haunted for something he secretly discovered. Can you survive this twist of fate? Or, will it destroy you for life? Written by D.C McNeil, this story speaks of a boy escaping his homeland only to struggle with who he should trust i ...more
D.C. McNeill
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lydia
marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2018
Andjela Djokovic
marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2019
David McNeill was born in Brisbane, Australia to a chemistry teacher and a mathematics, systems luminary. His mother would read Harry Potter to David and his older brother, Alex, when they were very young. During his formative years, David read anything that wasn't nailed down, and wrote terrible novels that his six-grade teacher read and provided kind, encouraging feedback on. After studying at n ...more
“Did you know, Maynard, that there is nothing worse than a disloyal friend? A disloyal friend is not truly a friend let alone a person. Empathy, integrity, and reliability make for good friendship, Maynard. But a friend is no friend without loyalty. Without loyalty, those friends are more like flowers. They might be beneficial. Perhaps they make life easier for you. Perhaps, even, they make you happy.

But all of that is incidental as it is incidental for a flower to grow. You never had to ask the flower to grow. The flower doesn’t have the foresight to grow because you desire it to. The flower grows only for itself.”
0 likes
“The boy will keep the sunboy.’
‘I already owe enough favours.’
Moony chuckled and reclined. ‘The boy may find need of a light for the dark places.”
0 likes