Start by marking “Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.” as Want to Read:

Dramatically increase your ability to sell by learning how to control the mind of your prospect using 30 psychological tiggers to motivate, influence and persuade.
Published June 9th 1999 by Delstar Pub (first published January 1st 1999)

Start your review of Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.
Scott
Honestly this just works as a great psychology book.
Pete Williams
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
How I Heard About The Book...

The is one of "those" that "they" all tell you to buy and read ... and it's for a very good reason reason.

The Lesson/Argument in Three Sentences...

It's hard to sum this book up in a few sentences, as it's a very down and dirty, to the point type affair ... and unlike a lot of business books the are just a really strong idea wrapped in 200 pages of fluff; this book is essentially 30 short essays all around 'influence and persuasion'

Look at it like a mixed bag of mar
VITOR BRAGA Santos
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Objetivo: Ganhar R$1 Milhão em vendas de produtos promovidos por Copywriting e marketing de Resposta Direta.

Como?

Aprender persuasão e gatilhos mentais para o corpo do texto e headlines do copy, eventualmente fazer várias vendas que acumulará esse valor.

Passo 1: Ler Triggers do Joe Sugarman (feito)
Passo 2: fazer scripts baseados nos 30 gatilhos mentais que o autor ensina com o produto e o cliente em mente (fazendo)
Passo 3: Escrever os copys e testar.
Michael Kelso
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant addition to your marketing toolkit

I purchased this book with expectations of a series of quick tips to help my book sales. Instead what I got was a series of well thought out examples of solid ideas that were all grounded in one main theme honesty.
Quite surprising to read in today's 'You can make a quick million just like me' environment that I see in so many ebooks.
Mr. Sugarman was well versed in his salesmanship and stressed honesty and integrity as the key to being successful.
I wi
Jan Brinkmann
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great tips, very helpful
Paul Smith
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Essential for would-be internet marketers.

Great book on selling. Good to read this along with Robert Cialdiani"s book, Pre-suasion. If you are trying to make it online, stop thrashing around in the dark and learn from these two masters.
Ivan Voras
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nlp, serious, selling
A very practical and down-to-earth cookbook of the basic and most directly useful ways to make a product or an idea desirable, i.e. to sell it. Nothing here is completely new (after all, it's a 17 years old book), but the fact that the triggers are systematically enumerated and described with plenty of examples makes this a very useful book to read and to have for reference.

I especially liked that it ends with the list of triggers and exercises that guide the reader to apply them one by one in a
Ally Archer
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dec-26-2015
I find marketing psychology so fascinating. You can apply these "triggers" to any type of marketing/sales, persuasion... I also find it interesting to analyze my personal buying behavior. The worksheets at the end are very helpful if you're selling any type of product. Definitely recommend to anyone in marketing/sales/business, or those simply interested in what evokes consumer behavior.
Justin
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hugely enjoyable and enlightening approach to the basic psychologies of making a sale, particularly in written form. The book is divided into small sections with one clear lesson for the reader to absorb. I think this book is timeless and really shows how emotions rule the sales process much more than logic.
Mike Tomasello
Pure gold

If there is a more comprehensive guide to sales and marketing and triggering people to buy in an ethical way, I haven't found one better.
Alex Maroko
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
30 Rocks.
Ryan
Feb 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Classic Sugarman. This dude brought us BluBlockers for heaven's sake! Great guy to learn from.
Jonathan
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: management
All the triggers sales tools are persuading, influencing and motivating for us. Examples he made are perfect, perfect book for aspiring sales/marketing people.
Floyd Larck
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon
Excellent book on learning how to sell almost anything. Joseph Sugarman is the master when it comes to the "triggers" as a sales tool. You can be too with his book.
Gustavo Reis
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: persuasion
The best thing about the book is that it has a pretty good summary at the end!
Jo
CM Skolnicki
Dec 31, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• This is Marketing: You Can't Be Seen Until You Learn To See
  • This book will teach you how to write better
  • The Boron Letters
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
  • The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding
  • SELL LIKE CRAZY: How to Get As Many Clients, Customers and Sales As You Can Possibly Handle
  • The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
  • DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
  • Expert Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Finding Your Message, Building a Tribe, and Changing the World
  • The Halbert Copywriting Method Part III: The Simple, Fast, & Easy Editing Formula That Forces Buyers To Read Every Word Of Your Ads
  • Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
  • Overdeliver: Build a Business for a Lifetime Playing the Long Game in Direct Response Marketing
  • The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life
  • Crush It!: Why Now Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion
  • Acres of Diamonds
Joseph Sugarman is a legendary copywriter who started a mail-order business, JS&A Group, through the power of his pen. He's also the author of The Adweek Copywriting Handbook. ...more

News & Interviews

“If I had to pick the single most powerful force in advertising and selling—the most important psychological trigger—I would pick honesty.” 1 likes
“The prospect has basic emotional needs that your product will solve, regardless of how sophisticated or simple your product offering is. Examine those emotional needs.” 0 likes