Start by marking “Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.” as Want to Read:

Dramatically increase your ability to sell by learning how to control the mind of your prospect using 30 psychological tiggers to motivate, influence and persuade.
Published June 9th 1999 by Delstar Pub (first published January 1st 1999)

Start your review of Triggers: 30 Sales Tools you can use to Control the Mind of your Prospect to Motivate, Influence and Persuade.
Scott
Honestly this just works as a great psychology book.
Pete Williams
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
How I Heard About The Book...

The is one of "those" that "they" all tell you to buy and read ... and it's for a very good reason reason.

The Lesson/Argument in Three Sentences...

It's hard to sum this book up in a few sentences, as it's a very down and dirty, to the point type affair ... and unlike a lot of business books the are just a really strong idea wrapped in 200 pages of fluff; this book is essentially 30 short essays all around 'influence and persuasion'

Look at it like a mixed bag of mar
VITOR BRAGA Santos
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Objetivo: Ganhar R$1 Milhão em vendas de produtos promovidos por Copywriting e marketing de Resposta Direta.

Como?

Aprender persuasão e gatilhos mentais para o corpo do texto e headlines do copy, eventualmente fazer várias vendas que acumulará esse valor.

Passo 1: Ler Triggers do Joe Sugarman (feito)
Passo 2: fazer scripts baseados nos 30 gatilhos mentais que o autor ensina com o produto e o cliente em mente (fazendo)
Passo 3: Escrever os copys e testar.
Michael Kelso
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A brilliant addition to your marketing toolkit

I purchased this book with expectations of a series of quick tips to help my book sales. Instead what I got was a series of well thought out examples of solid ideas that were all grounded in one main theme honesty.
Quite surprising to read in today's 'You can make a quick million just like me' environment that I see in so many ebooks.
Mr. Sugarman was well versed in his salesmanship and stressed honesty and integrity as the key to being successful.
I wi
Jan Brinkmann
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great tips, very helpful
Paul Smith
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Essential for would-be internet marketers.

Great book on selling. Good to read this along with Robert Cialdiani"s book, Pre-suasion. If you are trying to make it online, stop thrashing around in the dark and learn from these two masters.
Ivan Voras
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nlp, serious, selling
A very practical and down-to-earth cookbook of the basic and most directly useful ways to make a product or an idea desirable, i.e. to sell it. Nothing here is completely new (after all, it's a 17 years old book), but the fact that the triggers are systematically enumerated and described with plenty of examples makes this a very useful book to read and to have for reference.

I especially liked that it ends with the list of triggers and exercises that guide the reader to apply them one by one in a
Ally Archer
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dec-26-2015
I find marketing psychology so fascinating. You can apply these "triggers" to any type of marketing/sales, persuasion... I also find it interesting to analyze my personal buying behavior. The worksheets at the end are very helpful if you're selling any type of product. Definitely recommend to anyone in marketing/sales/business, or those simply interested in what evokes consumer behavior. ...more
Justin
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hugely enjoyable and enlightening approach to the basic psychologies of making a sale, particularly in written form. The book is divided into small sections with one clear lesson for the reader to absorb. I think this book is timeless and really shows how emotions rule the sales process much more than logic.
Mike Tomasello
Pure gold

If there is a more comprehensive guide to sales and marketing and triggering people to buy in an ethical way, I haven't found one better.
Alex Maroko
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
30 Rocks.
Ryan
Feb 19, 2008 rated it really liked it
Classic Sugarman. This dude brought us BluBlockers for heaven's sake! Great guy to learn from. ...more
Jonathan
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: management
All the triggers sales tools are persuading, influencing and motivating for us. Examples he made are perfect, perfect book for aspiring sales/marketing people.
Floyd Larck
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amazon
Excellent book on learning how to sell almost anything. Joseph Sugarman is the master when it comes to the "triggers" as a sales tool. You can be too with his book. ...more
Ramaswamy
Dec 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one of the three books that I purchased based on the recommendation in a blog. The other two books were Influence by Cialdini and Crushing it by Gary Vaynerchuk. They were three of the best non-fiction books that I had read in a very long time. The intellect and the sensible ideas in these books are awesome. In this book, Sugarman talks about 30 marketing tips that you can offer that helps you to sell your product. There are the regulars like 'Authority', 'Rarity' and 'Reciprocity (give ...more
Venera Arakelyan
Sep 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
This belongs to "Must read classic" books for marketers.
30 sales tools are:
25: Patterning
26: Hope
Kyle Shropshire
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good advice in short chapters

The content was interesting and easy to read. I picked up some new ways to show my products. The quotes and chapter headings were out of order on my kindle edition and they all appeared at the end of the chapter instead of in the correct place. Not too big of a deal but annoying.
Gustavo Reis
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: persuasion
The best thing about the book is that it has a pretty good summary at the end!
Joe
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
30 for 30

All triggers are extremely useful. It’s on you to apply the knowledge. If you didn’t like this book, you might have to reevaluate your salesmanship
Jo
Alan
Nov 30, 2020
Warren Whitlock
Dec 18, 2007

• The One Sentence Persuasion Course - 27 Words to Make the World Do Your Bidding
  • Great Leads: The Six Easiest Ways To Start Any Sales Message
  • Copy Logic! The New Science of Producing Breakthrough Copy (Without Criticism)
  • How to Write a Good Advertisement: A Short Course in Copywriting
  • The 16-Word Sales Letter™: A proven method of writing multi-million-dollar copy faster than you ever thought possible
  • The Halbert Copywriting Method Part III: The Simple, Fast, & Easy Editing Formula That Forces Buyers To Read Every Word Of Your Ads
  • Five Figure Funnels: How To Sell Marketing Funnel Services To Your Customers For Five Figures In Any Market, No Matter Your Experience
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Copywriter's Handbook: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells
  • Poor Charlie's Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger
  • The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done
  • Confessions of an Advertising Man
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • Big Game: The NFL in Dangerous Times
  • The Boron Letters
  • Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
  • The Ultimate Sales Letter: Attract New Customers. Boost Your Sales
Joseph Sugarman is a legendary copywriter who started a mail-order business, JS&A Group, through the power of his pen. He's also the author of The Adweek Copywriting Handbook. ...more