Start by marking “Tin Heart” as Want to Read:
Tin Heart

Tin Heart

When Marlowe gets a heart transplant and a second chance at life, all she wants to do is to thank her donors family. Maybe then she can move on. Maybe then shell discover who she is if shes no longer The Dying Girl.

But with a little brother who dresses like every day is Halloween, a vegan warrior for a mother, and an all-out war with the hot butchers apprentice next door,
Published March 12th 2019 by Flatiron Books (first published February 26th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Tin Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tin Heart

Start your review of Tin Heart
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
Seventeen year old Marlowe Jensen was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition, the resilient young woman the recipient of an organ transplant bestowed by a sixteen year old young man. Since the transplant, Marlowe is experiencing a dissociation of identity. Recipients are forbidden to contact donor families but Marlowe is resolved to uncover her anonymous donor, compelled by gratitude and appreciation for the perpetual sixteen year old boy.

Marlowe is an extraordinary young woman. Although
Travel.with.a.book
First I want to thank the publisher for providing me with an amazing book.
I give the book 4.5 stars it was a book that I would not wait a minute to read, it was like my taste of what books I love reading.
Tin Heart is an amazing novel by Shivaun Plozza, who created (in my opinion) a must read book, something you would not want to miss. When I started reading the book i had never read anything from the author or what the book was about, I just started reading it and the ending was not a regret.
The
Tamsien West (Babbling Books)
4.5 stars. I'm late to the party on this book - particularly since I received an advance copy and attended the launch event. And now that I've read it I can only ask myself why I waited so long.

Tin Heart is a wonderful coming of age story with so much heart (pun fully intended). There is so much to love - from the perfectly teen dialogue, the layered family relationships, the conflicted first love, and the school bullying that is no less painful for the casual way in which it is inflicted.

The
Literary Soirée
This funny, romantic and very moving YA novel captivates with the story of heart-transplant recipient Marlowe. Wacky characters and the hope of second chances make this a winner full of heart. 5/5

Pub Date 12 Mar 2019.

Thanks to the author, Flatiron Books and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

#YoungAdultWinter2019sampler #NetGalley
Karina
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-books
I have no idea what I did in a previous life to deserve Shivaun Plozza, but I am grateful to past me.

This story, guys. I think it's only fair that a book about hearts made mine all painful and joyously squishy. Some books you just want to fold up and crush inside your chest so it will live there forever and this is one of them for me.

Make sure you bring a lot of tissues because you will laugh too hard at Marlowe's obscenely over-the-top family and then you will cry over how unfair life is
Kath (Read Forevermore)
after a bit of heavy reading (including lots of textbooks, fantasies, and mysteries/thrillers), i finally decided to take a little bit of a break with this book - and it didn't disappoint.

heartbreaking and heartwarming, beautiful, and absolutely captivating are the words i thought of after finishing this book. i love marlowe so much and it felt so refreshing to read a YA novel that didn't have that "trope" (you should now what i'm talking about lol). i really enjoyed seeing her experiences and
Sharni
This was surprisingly funny.
I went to the launch of this book (some weeks ago now) and chucked it onto my tbr mountain when I got home - and it caught my eye this morning and said, read me. An excellent decision for a lazy Saturday.
Michael Earp
A book with a lot of heart... see what I did there? And I desperately want Pip as my younger brother. He's the boss!
Bethany Clark
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YA fiction is a completely new realm for me. I have read a few thrillers but this is my first contemporary YA fiction book. I love the concept behind the story regarding a young girl receiving a heart from a young boy that passed away in a car accident.
She treasures her 2nd chance at life but she wants to know who her donor was. She feels like only half of who she was and the other part is a mystery.
She writes a letter to the donors family but its still to raw for them to process. One day
Tara
I really did love this story, I enjoyed watching Marlowe battle with The Butcher Boy and the slightly heart wrenching struggle of learning to love her new heart. Pip was an awesome little brother who has such a kind soul and Marlowes friend Zan was as cool and trendy as she needed to be. Overall an intense story about grief and organ donors from the survivors point of view (I have never really thought what it would be like having another persons organ working in your body) as well as having a ...more
Ellie
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so wonderfulno other word for it. The characters were phenomenal (as if Pip isnt the best book character ever?!) and none of them did things that were out of place with their personalities. I loved that the ending didnt answer or solve everything. It was realistic in the most amazing way and was a reminder that we cant fix our mistakes with one gesture. There are consequences. But its possible to work on fixing them. I loved this book and I cant wait to read more of Shivauns ...more
Bec (becklepanda)
I absolutely adored this book. <3
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Marlowe was born with a congenital heart condition, and after being very ill for many years, she had accepted her imminent death. All that changed one rainy night, when a car accident resulted in the death of another teen, and a new lease on life for Marlowe.

After receiving her new heart, Marlowe wasn't sure, who she was anymore. She had gotten used to being the dying girl without a future, but now she had a second chance. Marlowe spent a good part of the story trying to figure
Kate
4.5 // this was so lovely. I just couldnt give it five stars but it was soooo good. More TK. ...more
Jenna
4.5 stars.

This review also appears on Happy Indulgence.

I received a review copy from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Tin Heart was yet another wonderful contemporary novel by Shivaun Plozza. Frankie was absolutely amazing and her new release is no different. Its real and its raw and I connected with every aspect of what Marlowe, the main character, was feeling.

Tin Heart is about Marlowe who had a heart transplant about a year ago and has been getting strange feelings of
Krystal
Special thank you to Flatiron Books for gifting me with this ARC in exchange for my honest review. I was sent this novel as a result of winning a Goodreads giveaway.

Why is happiness such a hard emotion to hold onto? Its like trying to hold water in your hand. But sadness, that stuff sticks to your skin like glue.

People say eyes are the windows into the soul but thats crap. Books are.

A little bit prudish, and a hair socially awkward, Marlowe Jensen is on a quest to find answers to a question she
Rennai
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Shivaun gave me an outline of the plot of Tin Heart I was pretty sure it would be a winner with the YA audience. I really liked Frankie but didn't feel it was suitable for our junior high school students. I'm stoked that there is nothing in Tin Heart that gives me reservations in recommending it to any secondary school student. What's more, it is a fairly quick read and would not put even a reluctant reader off... BUT what's most important is that it is a REALLY good read with wide appeal. ...more
Amanda Jarrad
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Stephanie
You know you're not the target audience when the MC's mother insults both conservatives and meat eaters in the same sentence. Seriously, people, enough with the sledgehammer.

In other news, I loved the author's writing style, but Marlowe was a straight up stalker. What she did was not okay, but neither was what her mother did, or her friend Zan, or Leo, or even Carmen. And the way Marlowe felt about herself - the way other people made her feel about herself - wasn't okay, either. I guess you can
Jaclyn Crupi
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do you know what Shivaun Plozza has a truly ridiculous amount of? Raw writing talent. Shes going to have a long writing career and Im going to read every book she publishes. She wrote a stunning debut with Frankie and has followed it up with Tin Heart which made me laugh and cry and broke me and put me back together. Its funny and romantic and so moving and Pip is the greatest little brother ever written! I have so much #loveozya right now. ...more
Libby Armstrong
Brilliant. Plozzas second novel seals her status as a young author who has the goods. Tin Heart reminded me of all the feels I had reading Frankie, and you will need the biggest box of tissues as she starts to bring the story to conclusion. This book has a beautiful heart - it explores with genuine depth survivor guilt, and the cost of being self-centred. Plenty of lighter hearted moments, laughs, friendship and romance too. ...more
Gabby
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to Penguin Aus for sending me a copy of TIN HEART for review!

I enjoyed this so much more than I thought I would! I read FRANKIE last year, and although I liked it, I just didn't connect to the story or the main character as much as I would've hoped. But TIN HEART completely exceeded my expectations.

Full review will be up on my blog closer to its release; alwaysandforeverreading.wordpress.com
texbsquared
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this way more than I expected to. There were a few love stories, but the real love story was Marlowe and Carmen's. Marlow perfectly perfectly captured the almost painful longing for a friend - right down to the overthinking, the jumping to their side at any time and the panic spiral when you've fucked it up. Gorgeous story. (Her mum really sucked tbh. Sucked).
Caitlin
Make these feelings go away. This is the first Ive read of Shivauns work, and it was fantastic. ...more
Chent Higson
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too tired for review but mmm yes very good very cute very emotional 👌👌
Also bonus points for saying Alan Rickmans name
Rachel
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute Australian contemporary young adult about broken hearts, the power of forgiveness and the ability to be true to yourself. Love you Butcher Boy.
Booklovin✮
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, romantic and deeply moving.
Elly
I thought Id set this book to currently reading when I started reading it... this morning, but I didnt so surprise I read this book in the space of two minutes. Thats believable right? ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: multiple entries for book 2 17 Jul 25, 2018 12:51AM

• Mitt hjärta borde slå någon annanstans
  • White Night
  • It Sounded Better in My Head
  • Så jävla kallt
  • Small Spaces
  • Inte som du
  • Är det nu allt börjar?
  • Hästpojkarna
  • Dan före dan
Shivaun Plozza is the author of Frankie (Penguin, 2016), a darkly funny novel about searching for the truth, finding yourself and falling in love. She has published short fiction, flash fiction, poetry and essays, and works as an editor.