Start by marking “When Stars Come Out (When Stars Come Out #1)” as Want to Read:
When Stars Come Out (When Stars Come Out #1)

When Stars Come Out

(When Stars Come Out #1)

Anora Silby can see the dead and turn spirits into gold coins, two things she would prefer to keep secret as she tries to lead a normal life at her new school. After all, she didn’t change her identity for nothing.

As it turns out, hiding her weirdness is just one of many challenges. By the end of her first day, she’s claimed the soul of a dead girl on campus and lost the
ebook
Published October 31st 2018

To ask other readers questions about When Stars Come Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Stars Come Out

Crystal
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Giselle
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
ARCs can be requested here: [closed - other review opportunities found here]
Erhi Divina
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I really like this book! This book proved two of my prejudices wrong:

That paranormal stories are not as fun as high-fantasy stories –WRONG!
That the romance are gonna be ordinary and cliché –WRONG!
OKay, first of all the story was enticing. So many mysteries imbued right from the first page, which will make readers want to read the next page and the next page and the next page. I’m DEAD SERIOUS, tomorrow I have an anatomy exam but I cannot stop until I see the last page! And the mysteries are buil
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
*I received a digital review copy from the author through Xpresso Book Tours. This does not affect my review.*

I loved reading this! The cover and blurb intrigued me, but there's always a risk in reading books from authors who are new and/or unknown. I've found many amazing books by reading from authors that are just starting out, or who have reached out to me in some way, but as with anything else, it's hard to know when you've found something special until you've really looked at it.

I love the
Charity (On My Kindle BR)
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book and opted to share a review.

When I read the blurb, I thought this book had a "grim reaper-in-training" vibe. I was so wrong, and it's definitely not what I expected! Elements of the plot are inspired by Greek mythology; some adhere to the well-known interpretations of Greek myths while others are imaginative elaborations of their mythological counterparts. This is not a critique of the differences between the academic perspectives and St. Clair's perspective o
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

When I started this book, I immediately though of the movie “Sixth Sense”. The heroine sees dead people but as she puts it, Souls. She can interact with these Souls and even capture them. It is definitely not like that movie. There are many similarities to other novels I’ve read lately (secret non humans) but the storyline is still captivating.

Anora sees Souls and her mother thinks she is crazy. This all started when her grandfather died and she saw his soul escape. Her mother move
Tonja Drecker
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This tale dives into the world of spirits, demons and the afterlife with chills, thrills, and a bit of mystery along the way.

Anora and her mother have moved to a small town. Anora attends a new school with the hopes of leaving the past behind. But even the first day doesn't go as smoothly as she hopes. Despite her attempts to stay off everyone's radar, she, as the new girl, not only draws attention but runs across a unsettled spirit, which won't leave her alone. In panic, Anora accidentally rele
Nicole
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHEN STARS COME OUT, the latest YA fantasy from Scarlett St. Clair, brings the supernatural into the halls of high school with a humor and heart that reminded me of my Buffy the Vampire days.
Anora Silby arrives at Nacoma Knight Academy with a dangerous secret—she can see the dead. And at Nacoma Knight, the dead seem to be everywhere, including hanging off a campus hall on Anora’s first day.

Determined to blend in and leave her supernatural past behind, Anora’s attempts at homecoming prep are co
Scarlett Clair
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Update 7/4/18:

The cover reveal for When Stars Come Out will be on Friday, September 21, 2018. You can sign up here: http://xpressobooktours.com/2018/06/1...

For more information and exclusive content, please signup for my newsletter: http://authorscarlettstclair.tumblr.c...
Gillion Machota
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
*SENT TO ME BY PUBLISHING CO
4.5/5
HOLY SHIT THIS BOOK WAS SO GOOD!! I loooooved this world. It is like if Cassandra Clare met Raven Boys. That's how good it is. I loved the way the story went and the pacing was amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on this sequel. Anora and Shy are my new favorite couple.
Anie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

I didn't expect to like When Stars Come Out as much as I did. My favorite thing about it was the mythology, it was very thought out and I haven't read anything like it. I loved slowly discovering the magical system with the characters.

Anora and her mom move to another town to get away from horrible rumors. Anora is determined to start anew, to forget all that happened before and live her life in peace. but all that goes to shit when she sees the dead girl hanging
Nicol
Katherine Paschal
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anora has been given a chance to start fresh after what happened at her last school, and she better not blow it. And that means keeping quiet about the fact she sees ghosts and can take people's souls- you know, the usual. Things are changing in the running of the Valryn, and Shy is not sure it is for the better. When he is given an unexpected assignment to guard the future leader of his people, Shy knows there is something more going on that what he was told.

The first thing that appealed to
Cyber
Sam
Tiffany Riach
Esperanza
Sep 22, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: My Book Listed Under Different Author 2 13 Oct 27, 2018 09:13AM
Scarlett St. Clair lives in Oklahoma with her husband. She has a Master’s degree in Library Science and Information Studies and spends a lot of time researching reincarnation, unsolved murders and Greek mythology–all of which made it into her debut novel, When Stars Come Out (Oct 2018).

Sign up for my newsletter! https://mailchi.mp/6e2593363f04/rayon...

When Stars Come Out (2 books)
  • When the Sky Falls (When Stars Come Out #2)