Start by marking “Island Side (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #5)” as Want to Read:
Island Side (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #5)

Island Side

(Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances #5)

Hollie Lesowski is a beautiful young actress locked in a legal battle with one of the most powerful and feared directors in Hollywood, a man who betrayed and hurt her, a man she mistakenly believed was her father.
Maximillian Cash is her bodyguard, a blond, blue-eyed giant sworn to protect her. Gentle despite his imposing presence, he seems to be just right for her. But can

To ask other readers questions about Island Side, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Side

Start your review of Island Side (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #5)
"Avonna
I liked the last half of this book and loved the epilogue which tied everything and everyone together.

I highly recommend the first three books in this series. I would say this book is worth the read to find out how all of the Dirt Dogs and their loves end up.
Kahea
***5 ‘#TeamDiesel’ Stars***

Now that’s how you bring all the pieces together and put them back together the way they should be! It wasn’t easy, and still just as frustrating as watching the events in High Tide, but this time I was hooked on all that was going on with Hollie and Diesel and absolutely loved watching them both finally become the people they were always meant to be.

So, my review for High Tide was insanely vague, but considering who is gracing the cover of Island Side, I figure I
Snow
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Ahem...
Honestly, i had a little bit trouble getting to like this book...not so much cause of the story, it was a second chance romance and it work the spades BUT I had issues with liking the main characters...

yikes, it seemed to me, Hollie didn't "learn" anything from her previous experience, considering the bad things happened to her in her young age, one would think she would cope a little differently, but to me, she seemed so eager to "find" LOVE by jumping from one man to another, simply by
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"We might burn down the night if we were ever together, but I knew I would get hurt."

Michelle Mankin pulled out all the stops with this duet. She blew my mind and left me gasping like a guppy at the end of High Tide. Saying I was excited to read Island Side is a huge understatement. While I might be envious that Hollie had two extremely sexy men vying for her attention, I had my sights set on one in particular that I hoped would win her heart.

I really enjoyed my visit to the 'island side'. I
Doris
Absolutely Amazing

Talk about getting sucked in this book sure did that. This was a book I could not put down. In the previous book High Tide we see Holly struggling with her issues regarding her slimy step father. Her bodyguard Max is always there protecting her...until he isn't. He's fallen for her but Holly is struggling to say the words he wants to hear.

Diesel has always had a way of going head to head with Holly which she has no problem with standing up to him. Diesel warned Holly about his
Michelle Mankin
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am SO excited to share Hollie's two-part story with you! Release is July 2nd for High Tide and July 11th for Island Side! Text ROCK BOOK to 345345 for a release alert. Start the series on all retailers and enter the MEGA HUGE $150 gift card giveaway! https://linktr.ee/michellemankin Are you ready to get swept away?
Cyndi Becker
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OFF THE CHARTS SEXY! And a bit sweet...

Michelle Mankin closes her Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series with perhaps her steamiest story yet. Hollie and Diesel share a sensual connection that makes for a truly erotic read. With a bossy alpha, dominant and sure of himself male in Diesel and a young, sweet and sensitive heroine in Hollie, there's a lot of angst between these pages. There's so much going on in this story and not much I want to spoil for any reader out there. Except to say READ
Margay
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to say, where the first book was hard for me to get through because I just didn't like the pairing of Hollie and Max (sorry, but there was something about him I just didn't like), I really liked this one because of Diesel. Even though he's so much older than her and I don't usually go for those kinds of stories, I felt like he was a better pairing for her and their relationship felt a lot more natural, where hers with Max felt more forced. There was a much better love and backstory betwee ...more
Becky Claxon
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You must read High Tide before this book to get the full essence of the story. I have been looking so forward to this book as I was devastated with the way the last book ended. I have to say that I really liked Max, but after reading this book I can see that Holly and Diesel were meant for each other. Because of Diesel’s reputation, I wasn’t sure how good he would be for Holly. Happily there was nothing to worry about for me. Diesel is a complicated man that was living from the ghosts of his pas ...more
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of Island Side. This has in no way influenced my review which is honest and unbiased.*

Everything really got together in Island Side. Hollie found herself and her self confidence, and she did so mostly on her own. Facing her struggles instead of running from them made me love her.

The love story was strong, and I think I loved it even more because it happened partly on the big island in Hawaii. I could practically smell the tropical fruits, the sea, and see the beautiful su
Teresa Lara
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Ob
Love the Dirt dogs
This book grabbed my heart and Squeezed
Cant get enough
Heartstopping intense beautiful broken amazing love Story of Hollie and Diesel
More more more
B. C. Booklover
Kim
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to crack open this book after the way High Tide left off, so I dove in as soon as it hit my Kindle. My dilemma lies in how to explain why I loved it while not spoiling anything... so here goes nothing... If you have not read High Tide- STOP HERE!!

Hollie's life has just been getting crazier and crazier, and as this book opens, she is on the verge of breaking after the devastating hits she took at the end of book 1. She decides to make her escape to Hawaii for a little while to le
Amanda
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m still trying to process Island Side...ok not process but get over the fact that it’s over...no more Dirt Dogs. I’m kind of reeling still from it...this book left me with a book hangover!

Hollie went through literal hell growing up and throughout High Tide...she met Max who she attempted to open up to. Diesel sat beck in silent longing while Hollie had her relationship with Max.
Diesel tried to warn Hollie that Max was no good but Hollie refused to listen to him (because in her mind he just wa
Meryl Markowitz
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read an advanced copy for an honest review.
This is the coninuation of the story for Hollie.
At the end of High Tide, she is reeling from the betrayal and death of her lover. She also had discovered she is having a baby. She is currently at the end of her rope.

Deisel, who has always been attracted to Hollie, invites her to his house in Hawaii to "get her act back together". He has no idea she is pregnant. He lusts after her and figures if he can have her just once, it will get her out of his sys
Taz
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hollie does what she has always done, rn from her problems. This time she is in Hawaii and with Diesel the man who has always wanted her. Hollie and Diesel fight their attraction to each other at first, eventually Hollie gives in and them together becomes explosive. Diesel and Hollie both have demons from their past that causes them to hurt each other, yet keep wanting each other still. Can Hollie bring Diesel to the light that his soul needs?

I loved seeing all the past characters from Dirty Dog
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read this one you should read High Tide first. This one picks up after High Tide. I read the ending of High Tide a couple time to let it set in but I was still hoping that that ending didn't happen. When I read the prologue for Island Side, I almost cried because there was now no denying how High Tide ended. I so felt for Hollie. I wasn't a big fan of Diesel before this book. I totally saw him in a different light in this one. Diesel is a complex character and I think he only let certain peop ...more
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What I THOUGHT for sure. 100% Sure was gonna happen , didn't. Was I disappointed? Maybe. For all five minutes. I can't tell you why just yet, but once you read the first few pages, you'll find out.
Now...with that being said and without giving away too much, let's just say Hollie finds herself. she finds out what it means to be loved and love in return. Something we should all try to do more of.

Another I wish I could more than 5 stars read for me!
Kathy Aronoff
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
My apologies to the author but this book was definitely not for me. I loved the first 3 in this series but I had a hard time
liking anything about this one. Hollie was to me very immature and Diesel, who is practically twice her age doesn’t act it. I get she kept a huge secret from him but let me just say, a mature woman would have kicked him in the family jewels instead of getting on her knees. In fact too much thinking with the dick instead of his brain was one of the problems I had with the b
Melissa Ledet
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all you will need a fan to cool yourself off with. Diesel is HOT!
Diesel and Hollie are two tortured souls who deserve to find true love and happiness. Their story pulls on your heartstrings and their ending will have you in tears of happiness. This duet series has been one of the best I have read this year.

Favorite quote: Diesel ~ “You and I both know love isn’t a soft emotion. It has sharp, jagged teeth that sink in deep, past the mind, through the center of your heart, all the way t
MJ
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2019-books
Island Side is one heck of a heart-wrenching conclusion to the Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series (also the ending for the duet that includes High Tide). Michelle Mankin doesn't hold back as she gives us the other side of Hollie's story, the one that starts with heartbreak and ends with the happiness that has eluded her for most of her young life.

With Hawaii as our backdrop, we get to see Hollie grab that tiny bit of respite she has been craving from her life as a known actress, the deba
Danielle Cordsen
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Island side
By: Michelle Mankin

📚💕⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💕📚

Heartbreakingly beautiful!

Let me start by saying I’ve been nervously waiting for this book. Ive had a soft sport for Holly and Diesel from my first introduction to both of them in the previous Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances books. In the conclusion of Hollie’s story we get to Diesel and Hollie’s story. We get to find out if two beautiful souls who put everyone but themselves first can finally believe in love and forever. These two are so deep and
Books Laid Bare
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off, let me say if you haven’t read High Tide (which I am sure you will have) then you really need to put down Island Side and start at the beginning. High Tide is a must…don’t waste your time trying to decipher any of this without the history that the first book gives you.
From the end of the last book, this one just totally takes off. Hollie is spiralling her life seemingly getting ever more crazy but can she really find some rest bite? Away from all the push and pull around her?
I wanted
Heather in FL
** I was provided an ARC in exchange for my honest review. **

This was a good finish to Hollie's story. We pick up right where the last one left off... Max is dead. Hollie is grieving. She attends the funeral and then, to escape from her life for a while, she heads to Hawaii to stay with Diesel. Diesel knows she's been hurt, though he doesn't exactly back off. I suppose maybe that comes from the death of his son -- knowing that life could end at any time, so you should take your opportunities as
JoAnne
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Island Side is a wonderful culmination of the Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances series. It ties up loose ends and picks up right where we left off in High Tide. This is definitely Hollie and Diesel's story but all the characters we've met before play an important role and those that aren't family are family by choice and supportive and protective of each other. Fanny, Hollie's sister, worried throughout.

There are a lot of twists and turns as we go from Ocean Beach, California to the Big Island
Fee96
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow Island Side is a beautiful conclusion to this twisty, complex, utterly consuming story! With expertly written surprises that I never saw coming. Every single time I thought I had something figured out - bam, nope! Love this!

This duet was a rough yet eventually heartwarming journey filled with transformation for Hollie. She may have been a sheltered, naïve teen in the start - her strength and character are powerful forces that guide her. I love a strong heroine and Hollie is definitely tenaci
Sue Galuska
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading High Tide I was a little unhappy with the way the story ending on a cliffhanger but after finishing this book I felt all happy again.

Hollie Lesowski is trying to deal with the shocking news she has received the best she knows how to....lock herself up in her apartment and ignore everyone. When her sister, Fanny, best friend, Ernie, agent, Olivia and Fanny's boyfriend, Ash stage an intervention, Hollie agrees she needs to get away and they convince her to go hang out with Diesel in
Desiree
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received this ARC for an honest review. I liked this book better than part one. But I didn’t like how Diesel immediately went to hitting on Hollie right after Max died that was not ok with me.

Hollie did some growing up which I liked to see but I wouldn’t say it was a lot. I was annoyed and disappointed in how she approached the lawsuit and allegations. I really didn’t feel like she ever took it seriously.

Diesel had some issues which understandable but I wish some more time was spent on him o
Amy Weichseldorfer
ARC gifted by the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is book two of a duet and book one, High Tide, should be read before this.

The conclusion of Hollie's story was a little bittersweet. The story itself was great, but it also marks the end of the Rock Stars, Surf, and Second Chances series. I have enjoyed every book in this series, and I look forward to reading more from this author in the future.

This book takes place right after the events of High Tide and continues Hollie's story.
The Book Fairy Reviews
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the fact, that Michelle starts off this book right where we left Hollie, in book 4. The pain and the confusion of her current situation forces her to look outward to help herself find, well herself.
Enter Diesel, the one man she has been running from, might just well be the one she should have been running to all along. All through this series you see how the characters find what their inner selves are really looking for and how to overcome the obstacles that life and fate have put in the
« previous 1 3 next »

• Rock Star
  • Sweet Temptation (Players #3)
  • Amplifier (Dark Tide, #2)
  • Rock Me Longer (Licks Of Leather #1)
  • Reckless Invitation (The Reckless Rockstar Series)
  • Dirty Rocker
  • Down Beat (Dark Tide, #1)
  • Endless: Ty & Zoey (Less Than Zero, #1)
  • Filthy Beautiful (Players, #2)
  • Bottleneck (Dark Tide Book 3)
  • Rock Star's Heart (Smidge, #1)
  • Rock God in Exile (Smidge, #2)
  • Daddy in Disguise (Crescent Cove #7)
  • Wicked (Wicked, #1-3)
  • Rock Me Faster (Licks of Leather #4)
  • Limitless: Jace & Alex (Less Than Zero, #2)
  • My Ex's Baby (Crescent Cove #8)
  • Play Fast (Brooklyn Dawn #2)
MICHELLE MANKIN is the New York Times bestselling author of the Black Cat Records series of novels.
Fall in love with a rock star.
All books currently FREE in KindleUnlimited!
Love Evolution, Love Revolution, and Love Resolution are a BRUTAL STRENGTH centered trilogy, combining the plot underpinnings of Shakespeare with the drama, excitement, and indisputable sexiness of the rock 'n roll industry.
T

Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances (5 books)
  • Outside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #1)
  • Riptide (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #2)
  • Oceanside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #3)
  • High Tide (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances, #4)