Start by marking “Tempted by a Vampire (Immortal Hearts of San Francisco, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempted by a Vampire (Immortal Hearts of San Francisco, #1)

Tempted by a Vampire

(Immortal Hearts of San Francisco #1)

Recently revised with new and extended content.

Cian DeMarco is a talented musician--and a vampire. He's content living the single life in San Francisco, playing with his band at Club Royal each weekend...until he meets a human woman he can't resist. The scent of Magdalena's blood has him completely undone, and he begins to question his felicitous existence when his desire
Kindle Edition, 2
Published May 2018 (first published October 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by a Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by a Vampire

Irene
Oct 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in two minds what to rate this book as Maggie the heroine was a little annoying at first, mostly because she kept mentioning her boyfriend Kellen. They have both agreed to have a trial six months apart as Maggie was starting a new job as a journalist in San Francisco and Kellen had his political career in Sacramento.

Moving into a new apartment with her best friend Vanessa a graphic designer. On a night out to celebrate their new jobs the girls find themselves at Club Royal.

Cian and Lane a
Tina
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-authors, hot
I have been a die hard fan of Susan Griscom for some time now. It all began with Whisper Cape and continues through to Tempted by a Vampire. Her books are always action filled, raw with emotion and she serves up some super hot leading men that I can never get enough of.

Cian DeMarco is a 10 on the hotness scale. I had to keep fanning myself countless times. I fell under his spell right from the first chapter and was helpless to stop it. The steamy scenes with him left me breathless and of course
Suzan
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance fans
This book was so good. It was a hot read and kept me hooked start to finish! You may want to keep an iced drink on hand while reading cause it has seriously high heat levels! Loved this book!
***Edit***
I have since read the updated version and it is amazing, still very much a hot read just more flowing and clearer on a couple of issues then last time. Well worth picking up!
Coco.V
Jan 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (1/6/2018)! 💝
Andrea Heltsley
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
I really enjoyed this book! It was a great romantic vampire romance. It wasn't too dark, had a bad boy vampire and a fun heroine. I liked just about everything about the story. I highly recommend this book! Five glittery stars!
Melissa Mendoza
Oct 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Received a copy in exchange for an honest review

“Electric. Looking into his eyes was like floating through the clearest part of the ocean with rays of sunshine painting glimmering streaks of light through the water.”

5 vampire fangy stars!!! I can’t even put into enough words to say how much I fell in love with this book. The story was captivating and I was sucked (no pun intended) in!!

Cian DeMarco, a sexy, rockstar billionaire vampire has lived in San Francisco's prestigious Cliff Side neighborh
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

Tempted By A Vampire by a good book to read in an afternoon. I am a huge paranormal fan, paranormal romance is what got me back into reading so it holds a special place in my heart. I liked Tempted By A Vampire, but I wasn’t blown away. Let me explain before you think I am bashing the book, because that is far from the case. I know that with all genres it is hard to be original one hundred percent, but when I read a genre like paranormal romance I
Corrine Pickering
*** Reviewed for HashtagMinxes Love Books ***

Tempted by a Vampire (Immortal Hearts of San Francisco 1) Susan Griscom 4.5 Stars

Yes! how I love a great hot vampire read. This is an easy book to get into, I was drawn in right from the very beginning. Cian is the super hot lead band member at a local club. Magdalena aka Maggie has just moved to San Francisco with her friend, here She meets Cian and the instant chemistry is so intense, what will happen when she discovers his secret and someone from h
Heidi
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was truly blessed with the honor of beta reading this book. I loved it. Susan knows how to write a vampire book.
Wow I know its not the best word, but I am blown away by this book. I don't know why Susan didn't write this book sooner. I am so obsessed with Cian and Mags. The perfect combination of a sexy, dark brooding rocker and the sweet lovable girl, throw in the fact that the rocker is also a Vampire and you have the formula for a perfect book. This did not disappoint! I devoured this book
Michelle Leah Olson
Our review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle:

Just in time for Halloween, we get a new vampire read. But don't expect just your dark and dangerous, it's sexy as sin, as well.

Cian DeMarco is a smoldery rockstar vampire living in San Francisco, playing with his band The Lost Boys (a group of vampires). His creation is a bit tragic, but his life is not. He loves the current age, his quiet, unassuming existence, doing what he loves in the city of his soul. Until he meets Magdalena and rea
V.L Hemingway
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Susan has produced an excellent book that is just way too short!

I just never want them to end :-).

I have found this with the Whisper Cape Series and also The Beaumont Brothers so would definitely recommend this author.

It is so hard to believe that this is her first vampire novel as it was executed perfectly and gripping to the very end. I am now eagerly awaiting the next installment
Lorna
Nov 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires, rockers, meh
(RabidReads.com)Vampire rockers in San Francisco? Yes, please. I am pretty much always up for a good vampire romance, but I also want my vampire reads to make sense, and to involve a good share of mystery and/or action. Just my personal taste. I want to say first, that I really wanted to love this book, I should have loved this book, but ended up only liking it.

Cian is lead singer of the band, The Lost Boys, and they play Saturday nights in the bar that Cian and his fraternal twin brother, Lane,
Nicole
This was my first time reading anything by Susan Griscom and I found that I enjoyed the way she writes. This is a pretty standard paranormal romance with a couple (or 3) twists thrown in for good measure. I did find myself rolling my eyes at certain parts of the story, but those instances could just nothing more than my overactive brain thinking way too hard. There were also a few questions that were never fully resolved (at least for me they weren't). Since this is the first book in the series, ...more
Monique
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Update June 1st, 2018:
I read this before. I noticed that it had a new cover, and from reading the blurb, the book was also revised (no revision date given). As it was a freebie, I figured that I'd download it again to check it out, as the story had good bones, and could possibly get a higher rating from me..
THIS IS THE SAME OL' CRAP! And the original cover was more pleasing, in my opinion. Dropping from 3 stars to 2.

This was pretty entertaining, but as I read, I felt like it was missing somethin
Malinda
I started to read this but the first scene really turned me off so I changed my mind... (view spoiler) ...more
Kim
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy in exchange for and honest review. Susan did a great job on her first vampire story. She had not only included vampires but other things as well. I didn't even know where the story was going to go once certain characters came in. The story flowed nicely and kept my attention. She had a few shockers in there and I found the book very entertaining. Great read.
T.M. Payne
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: Tempted by A Vampire
My Rating: 5 Stars
Author: Susan Griscom
Publication Date: 5/2018
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts

REVIEW
My review is for the revised edition...
I found myself screaming often in this book there are a lot of OMG I didn't see that coming moments.

Maggie and her best friend have moved to San Fransico and she is starting over after her ex-boyfriend cheated again but for the very last time as far as she is concerned.
One night while out with Vanessa she meets a
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Book source ~ Free on Amazon

Magdalena “Maggie” De la Rosa and her best friend, Vanessa, move to San Francisco after college to pursue their dream jobs. On their first night in their new home city they go to club to hear a live band and Maggie meets lead singer Cian DeMarco. Instalove spills all over the place. But will she still love him when she finds out he’s a vampire?

I wanted to love this story, but I just couldn’t. The concept is pretty good, but the execution lacks finesse. It’s a bit two
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received a complimentary copy, courtesy of The Romance Review in exchange for an honest review.

It was my love for the paranormal romance genre that led to me choosing to read and review TEMPTED BY A VAMPIRE. This is my first time reading Susan Griscom's work as such I was going in blind. Based on the blurb I figured it would be a hot and exciting read. Now that it's over I have to say it did not live up to my expectations. It did not blow me away. I found this to be an average read.

TEMPTED BY
Deb Carroll
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-reads, favorites
Let me start by saying that I love the cover for this book!

What do you get when you combine a rock star, a billionaire and a vampire? You get hot and sexy Cian DeMarco! Cain believes he is happily living life as the singer of The Lost Boys. But that all changes when he see’s Maggie at Club Royal.

Maggie is the good girl. She is in a relationship with a cheating boyfriend and she is trying to be loyal to him. But all that changes when she meets Cian!

Cian is the ultimate in book boyfriends and he h
Read
Rockstar vampires – be still my heart! I have loved this idea since Ann Rice’s Queen of the Damned. Here we have Cian, his twin Lane and two other vampires that have lived peacefully in San Francisco for seventy years. They own a club where they perform as “The Lost Boys”. I enjoyed the family atmosphere of the vampires and really like Cian and Lane.

Cian seeks peace and quiet and has reconciled himself to a lonely existence. Then he sees Magdalena (Maggie) through a restaurant window and immedi

Crystal
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this story for an honest review. Susan Griscom wrote a good vampire story. I was intrigued by the title and couldn’t wait to read, since I really love paranormal stories. Cian is a rock star. His band had a song on the radio a few years prior that had been really popular. He has lived in San Francisco now for a long time and calls it home. Magdalena and her best friend Vanessa have just moved there. Their first night in San Francisco they decide to go to a local club. When C ...more
Tara
Oct 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Give me, tall, dark, and handsome; mix him with the undeniable sinful sexiness that is Cian DeMarco...and BAM! You have the hottest book boyfriend that will have you running to turn up your AC as you read this book!
This was the first vampire novel I picked up in years. Once I started, I couldn't put it down and before I knew it, I finished it in one day.
The story that unfolds between Mags and Cian had me pulled in from the beginning. I love when an author can captivate me as their reader an
Kim
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dena
Too Soon

Hey so I liked the characters and the premise. Cian and Lane are twins who became vampires. They live a life of luxury however Cian is becoming lonely and needs something more. I thought this story was a little to fast paced and was lacking that emotion we need when it comes to the characters. I needed some depth however I really did enjoy the story.
Tammi
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book totally grabbed me by describing the lead as a Sexy Rockstar Billionaire Vampire!!!
Cian did not disappoint!! He was hot, sexy, protective, romantic, I could go on and on.
I loved him!
This book was my paranormal dream. Twilight for adults! A Vampire love story with a bit of steam!! A bit of angst and a lot of action. Can't wait to read more in the series.
Xhex
Oct 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. A NEW SERIES TO READ!!!!!!
Aimee
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was not for me. I am not giving this book 2 stars because it was terrible for everyone, it just didn't appeal to me and I think I would have liked to read an honest and candid review prior to opening it.

The story has no real plot holes or editing issues. There is a significant amount of intense vocabulary; which honestly I thought, at first, was a great way to differentiate between Cian's POV and Mag's POV. He would gravitate to a more formal speech as he is over 200 yrs old and speec
Tiblu
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A wishy washy h, who most the time doesn't have and sense at all...

Honestly I never was able to fully engage or connect w/the MC's ,
I found Maggie wishy washy, and just plain annoying and contradictory and Well just really really annoying......
One minute she's dead stead against something that doesn't even make complete sense, like how she thinks she's in "love" bf Kellan if two years and isn't sure if she should stay and kiss and flirt w/Cian the supposedly sexy vampire or go home, she goes ho
Joanna E.Lopez
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
You are an obsession. My obsession. Review of tempted by a vampire.

34/5 really. Cian DeMarco is a talented musician, hot looking guy, and is secretly a vampire. Being the lead singer of ”Lost Boys” at Club Royal; Cian is happy in his hot and exciting San Franciscan nightlife until he meets Magdalena Del Rosa. She is at the nightclub with her friend and roommate Vanessa. Vanessa and Cian just moved with fresh new jobs in San Francisco, CA after graduating college. Cian is escaping from a cheating
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lay Me Down (Reveler, #2)
  • Prelude (Dresdan Coven, #1)
  • The Reaping: Arctic Wolves Novella
  • Christmas Ever More (A Lady Forsaken, 4)
  • Diverted Heart
  • Good Girls Don't (Everly Brothers, #2)
  • Bear Essentials (Bears of Blackrock #1)
  • Gypsy (Sons of Sangue, #3)
  • Echo, Mine (Fallen Guardians, #1.5)
  • Moon Bound (LaRue, #4)
  • Eternal Island (Eternal, #1)
  • Primal Legacy (Spellbound Tales, #1)
  • The Carver's Magic (Carvers, #1)
  • Front Line (Phantom Force, #3)
Find me on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Susan-Griscom/...

Find me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SMGriscom

Award winning author, Susan Griscom, writes paranormal and contemporary romance. She's hooked on gritty romances and is a huge fan of superheroes and bad boys confronted with extraordinary forces of nature, powers, and abilities beyond the norm mixed with steamy romance, of course.

She

Immortal Hearts of San Francisco (4 books)
  • Captivated by a Vampire
  • Rocked by a Vampire
  • Possessed by a Vampire (Immortal Hearts of San Francisco #4)
“I plunged into her sweet den of wickedness, thrusting hard.” 0 likes
“She glanced around the library at some of the other titles and tilted her head upward at the full shelves spanning the circular room all the way up to the twenty-foot-high ceiling. “This is all very impressive.” 0 likes