Start by marking “A Bitter Winter (The Silver Ninja #1)” as Want to Read:
A Bitter Winter (The Silver Ninja #1)

A Bitter Winter

(The Silver Ninja #1)

A disgraced cop takes matters into her own hands when the murderer who killed her partner comes after her family. To stop him, Cindy Ames fuses with a prototype suit and transforms herself into a superhero.

But the suit has a mind of its own and is determined to execute its hidden agenda.

The puppet has become the master, and the hero has become the monster.

Super powers can
Published August 9th 2018 by Silver Pencil Books

To ask other readers questions about A Bitter Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Bitter Winter

Start your review of A Bitter Winter (The Silver Ninja #1)
Miranda Reads
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

The first episode of Some Good News - BookTube Special Edition is up!

A huge thank you to this author and all of the other contributors!
*Ahem* Before this review starts - check out the exclusive author interview! It was so much fun to learn about the man behind the words!
description

She earned this suit and had every intention of using it.
Cindy Ames, a former NYPD officer, currently alternates between gymnastic teacher and security guard - a far cry from what she once was.

Two years ago, she
MissBecka
I love the concept for this one...
Badass female MC in a sci-fi revenge story?

The story itself is awesome! My problem is with the MC.
Cindy starts out as interesting & charismatic with just a hint of insecurity.
Basically someone you can totally relate to.
Quickly she becomes this single minded, depressing, selfish jerk (who still manages to be devastatingly insecure) that I could not root for.
Weirdly enough...I'm still interested when he writes more in the series.
Much thanks to Wilmar Luna for
K.S. Marsden
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An ex-cop who can't get a break, Cindy is almost killed in the line of duty. Fate brings her to connect with a high-tech suit, and a weapon to fight back against the real villains.

I received a free copy of the paperback, after being a beta for this project.

First of all - this book is awesome.

Second - my opinion is highly likely to be biased. After a critical review of Luna's debut, I was brought on board as part of his beta team, which means I have been spending the last five years being very op
Trike
This is a fairly standard sci-fi superhero story that follows a well-traveled path. It’s essentially “Robocop meets Iron Man: Extremis” and not much more. Which is fine for an early book, but it would’ve been nice to see some of these well-worn ideas given a new spin.

There are some interesting bits here, such as the secondary character essentially being an incel. If you haven’t heard about incels, count yourself lucky. “Incel” means “involuntary celibate.” They are those losers who have turned t
Kitiera Morey
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.

First and foremost, I adore Cindy. She’s spunky, tough, amusing, and a total mess. It’s refreshing to read about a character (especially a female superhero), who isn’t perfect and has actual problems she must overcome. The actions she takes in the novel weigh heavily on her and change her by the end. Her character growth is amazing.

I really enjoyed the relationship between Cindy and her husband, Jonas. They fel
Valerie - Cats Luv Coffee
If you've been following my blog for any length of time, you'll see mostly the same nature of books. Most book bloggers prefer to pigeonhole themselves into a couple of genres. Mine typically fall under paranormal fiction, urban fantasy, or horror, and I'm perfectly content with that. Every now and then though, there will be a book that shakes it up and practically begs me to review it. The Silver Ninja is one of those books.

Science fiction, superhero, comic book fiction... Whatever you designat
Ari Meghlen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is a fast-paced sci-fi fantasy featuring a kick-ass superheroine.

Cindy Ames is an ex-cop who is struggling to deal with her tragedy in her past, the death of her partner. Caught up with a need for revenge, Cindy steals advanced tech (a combat suit) that her husband had been working on.

The suit gives her strength, speed and purpose. Turning her into the Silver Ninja. But there are other players involved who have interests in controlling Cindy and the suit.

A great story with well-devel
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Cindy Ames is a former police officer that has trouble letting go of the past and her failures. Cindy in a downward spiral that she just can't pull herself out of. When Cindy comes face to face with the man she blames for her failures something snaps in her~revenge and rage. Cindy's husband has helped create SIRCA ~ a combat suit for military purposes. Cindy's need for vengeance overtakes her reason and she steals SIRCA. Cindy feels invincible and brave in the suit. She prevents the city from di ...more
Linda Romer
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Great story! I love a good Superhero story, and this one was great. I enjoyed the Authors writing. The characters were down to earth and relatable. Cindy was amazing. A lot of action in this one, twists and surprises. And a lesson to be learned. Loved it! Looking forward to The Silver Ninja #2.

I give A Bitter Winter 5 stars for its action packed read.
I would recommend this book to Superhero fans.
Christopher J Martin
Cindy Ames has become a superhero. She has her own avenging to do. And thanks to Wilmar Luna, she does it well!

The Silver Ninja: A Bitter Winter is best described as a roller coaster of action. And that term also applies to Mr. Luna’s main character, Cindy. A young cop rising through the ranks, only to fall from grace due to tragedy into dark obsession. Cindy rises again as new combat technology comes into her reach, but darker designs bring her falling down again. Can Cindy rise once again to t
Romeo
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This had so much action in it that it flowed smoothly. The characters were the driving force for the story. I’m going to get the second installment when it comes out.
Destiny Bridwell
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. This is the first book in the Silver Ninja series. I was not sure what I was stepping to when I received this book. I just knew that it was out of my comfort zone when it came to the genres that I was reading at the time of getting it. The story centers around Cindy Ames a disgraced cop that is going after the person that took her partner from her and that is now coming after the people that she cares for. This makes her go off the rai ...more
Alex Davidson
Aug 25, 2018
Ben
Sep 13, 2018
Wilmar Luna
Aug 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
J West
Apr 11, 2019
Kodak
Aug 14, 2019

• A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Be Not Far from Me
  • An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose, #1)
  • Dark Forge (Masters & Mages, #2)
  • NYPD Red (NYPD Red, #1)
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
  • Bright Steel (Masters & Mages, #3)
  • NYPD Red 2 (NYPD Red, #2)
  • Oona Out of Order
  • NYPD Red 3 (NYPD Red, #3)
  • When Elephants Fly
  • Huckleberry Lake (Mystic Creek #6)
  • The Speed of Falling Objects
  • Unnatural Magic
  • Life Is Short and So Am I: My Life in and Out of the Wrestling Ring
  • The Wraith (Superhero by Night Book 1)
  • The Wraith: Welcome Home (Superhero by Night Book 2)
  • Explosive Arsenal (Full Metal Superhero Book #6)
From the time he put on Superman pajamas and leapt off a flight of stairs, Wilmar Luna has been captivated by stories of heroes saving the day. As he grew older, his fascination with 90's pop culture, video games, and movies filled his overactive imagination with fantastical worlds and legendary heroes.

He found an outlet for his creativity by studying video editing and motion graphics design at Me