Start by marking “The Die of Death (The Great Devil War #2)” as Want to Read:
The Die of Death (The Great Devil War #2)

The Die of Death

(The Great Devil War #2)

Published October 5th 2018 (first published August 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Die of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Die of Death

Start your review of The Die of Death (The Great Devil War #2)
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

#1 The Devil's Apprentice -
#2 The Die of Death -

The Die of Death is the second book from The Great Devil War Series, written by Kenneth B. Andersen. If you have read my review of the first book, The Devil’s Apprentice, you would be familiar with Philip.

Philip is a good boy, but he ends up in Hell by mistake. And on top of that, he is chosen to be the Devil’s Apprentice. Even though he’s always be good, he is not good at being bad. A danger
Esther
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This series is such a unique book series. I remember writing the review for the first book and I was reminded a bit of Harry Potter, but then the dark version with demons and devils. I still feel that way, I also feel that the book is growing with Philip and the story gets a bit darker already. The book talks more about his personal life and his fear of losing loved ones.

A longer review can be found
Noriko
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow. The mystery part of this story, the main plot where Philip is summoned by Death to find and take back the stolen “Die of Death” kind of left me in two minds, but other than that this book is as entertaining and phenomenal as the previous book.

Just like the previous book, the veins of imagery and creativity marble throughout the pages and vividly create and delineate the world of Hell. In this installment, the creativity even spreads its wings to the realm of Death and fascinated me and
Olga Miret
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I reviewed the first book in this series for Rosie’s Book Review Team, the author was kind enough to send me the second. There are, at least for the moment, four more to come (you can check them in the author’s website), and I, for starters, I’m looking forward to them.
The second book in the series picks up where the first one left, a few months after the protagonist, Philip visited Hell, and we see what has happened to him when he went back to life. Things are looking up for him. He has
Tavleen Kaur
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
The Die of Death is the second installment in The Great Devil War series by Kenneth B. Andersen. Check out my review of the first book The Devil’s Apprentice! This series follows a middle-grade boy Phillip, who finds himself in hell after being accidentally killed. He doesn’t belong in hell since he is inherently very good-natured. The first book narrates his dilemma of whether he should to be good person or embrace his bad side which is brought out by staying in Hell. He meets some very ...more
Shanannigans
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, I am loving these books! If you’ve read my review of The Devil’s Apprentice, you’ll know just how impressed I was with the characters and world building in the story. It’s so unique and fun! Yes fun! Sure, it’s a little dark but it such a great reading experience!

Book #2 in the series is no different! Philip “dies” again but this time he is summoned back to Hell for Death himself! After saving the “Great Devil”, Death is convinced Philip is the only one
Christina
Nov 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Udmærket, men jeg kunne bedre lide første bind i serien.
Misty's Book Space

Back in November the author reached out to me and asked me if I would be interested in reading and reviewing his book The Devil's Apprentice which is the first book in this series. I have to admit that I almost turned it down solely because I wasn't a fan of the cover but then I read the synopsis and was intrigued. I am so glad I didn't turn down reading the first book because it became a favorite and now I am here to review book 2. The author was kind enough to provide me with books
Kaili Taghon (Entertainingly Nerdy)
I liked the first one but I think I actually liked this one better. I love how Kenneth is really good with story telling. He builds a world up and makes me feel like I'm there with Phillip. The only thing I wish is that Phillip wasn't so juvenile. With the way kids are now he doesn't really seem to fit. But he is a likeable character!
Billie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Philip's adventures as the Devil's apprentice have changed him—in a good way. Although he misses his friends in Hell, he has made new friends in life. But when the future of the underworld is threatened once again, Philip’s help is needed. Death's Die has been stolen and immortality is spreading across the globe. Philip throws himself into the search—and discovers a horrible truth about his own life along the way.
The Die of Death is volume 2 in The Great Devil War-series.

Picking up a few months
Jackie
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great book following the first. Couldn’t read it fast enough
Jolie
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover of The Die of Death was the first thing that I noticed about the book. It is one of the more arresting covers that I have seen, ever. It caught my eye and made me wonder what the book was going to be like.

The Die of Death is the 2nd book in The Great Devil War series. You cannot read this as a stand-alone. It will help if you read the previous books to understand what was going on in this book. I can’t stress this enough. You will be lost if you decide to read The Die of Death first.

Kimberly
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kenneth Andersen has brought his A-game once again in the second installment of the Great Devil War series, The Die of Death. A brand-new story within the Hellish world I have come to love.

I can’t go on enough about this series. I don’t know how Andersen has done it, but this novel could almost be a stand-alone novel within the greater series. I am continually being surprised by this author.

Philip is killed once again, though this time on purpose. Death has a mission for him, and Philip is the
Louise Larsen
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jeg havde ingen idé om hvordan vores forfatter ville fortsætte "den store djævlekrig"- men hvor gør han det flot. Hele plottet er gennemført og spændende, men giver også en god del til eftertanke.
Præcis ligesom jeg kan lide det!! Virkelig værd at læse.
Birthe
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let læsning men sjov og spændende
Stine Thomsen
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: danish
3.5 - ikke helt ligeså god som den første, men jeg glæder mig alligevel til at læse mere om Filips eventyr i Helvede.
Nelly
Druhý díl - člověk už není překvapený, co si autor dovolí v knize určené primárně pro děti, na druhou stranu nové postavy a svižný děj
Satomi
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I still like it, but sometimes I felt the logic failed??!!

Sara Avrams
Jun 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very fun to read. Irreverent, funny, cute.
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I read this book for the first time in 2010, and reread it this year (november 2018).
I really liked how the world in the story is expanded. It was a very interesting and fascinating theme and situation that was created in the book.

"Men alle, der kæmper mod døden, taber på et tidspunkt,"
Andrea Ceolato
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Læs ved bog #1 om, hvad jeg synes om bogserien.
Katja Berger
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Man behøver ikke engang have åbnet Dødens terning for at vide at Filip vendte tilbage til livet efter sit eventyr i Helvede, men når man bladrer op på første side af denne bog, er man med det samme tilbage i Filips verden og ser den gennem hans øjne. På forunderlig vis virker det ikke sært eller underligt at Døden pludselig banker på døren og beder om hjælp, men man drages i stedet for ind i dagligdag hvor den slags er noget (næsten) helt naturligt.
På samme måde bliver man opslugt af både gamle
Sabrina
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-shelf
Jeg var ret glad for det første bind, så jeg var ret spændt på om to’eren kunne leve op til mine forventninger. Det kunne den sagtens.

Jeg elsker altså Kenneth Bøgh Andersen skrivestil. Den er dejlig let og jeg lever mig virkelig ind i hele verdenen. Han har en god sans for humor som han formår at få ned på papiret. Og så bare det at han har fantasien til at skabe hele den verden. Jeg er virkelig imponeret.

Philips nærdødsoplevelser er ret sjove at læse om. Okay, det kan godt være det bare er mig
Anna
"Værre?" Filip rystede på hovedet. "Hvad er værre end døden?"
"Jeg troede, du havde hørt efter, Filip. Der findes masser af ting, der er værre end døden." En fejende armbevægelse præsenterede de mange timeglas, hvor sandet løb både op og ned. "Evigt liv, blandt andet."

Filip kaldes tilbage til underverdenen igen, fordi dødens terning er blevet stjålet, og blandt menneskene breder udødeligheden sig. Sammen med Satina skal han forsøge at finde tyven og skaffe terningen tilbage.
Som i den første bog
Vibe Sonne
You know...
I was completely in trance from reading the first book of "Den Store Djævlekrig", and thought that number two would be just as good and exciting, but I was clearly wrong. It really wasn't that much better than the books I read at the age of five, due to the fact, that it's not that exciting, and not much action happens. It's more of a book of fact, as if the reader needs to know a lot of information about the world etc. before the reader could understand the third book.
Yeah,
Josefine
May 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating 3.5 stars

Endnu en smuk bog i serien. Og man, hvor var de sidste hundrede sider intense! Desværre synes jeg at Dødens Terning manglede noget af den smukke symbolik 1'eren havde, og jeg kedede mig fra tid til anden. Selvom jeg uden tvivl vil færdiggøre denne serie, er det mere tydeligt at mærke i denne bog, hvilken målgruppe forfatteren havde i tankerne.
Mr. Twinkie
Still a page-turner but Kenneth Bøgh Andersens devil-universe seems to lack coherence and logic. However, it is still an action-packed novel and it is no wonder that young danish fantasy readers like this book. I will still read the next book.
Nicoiscryingwords
Well, I loved the first book of the series, but this one? Not so much. I had to force myself to finish this book. I love Kenneth's writing, the plot was just rather boring compared to the first book. I'll continue on the series, but I really hope the next is better. (:
Maria
Nov 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as good as the first one nor as good as the first time around. However still a great read. Still it is true to his demonoic style.

• De hvide mænd
  • Ravnenes hvisken (Ravnenes hvisken, #1)
  • The Shamer's Daughter (The Shamer Chronicles, #1)
  • Himmelherren
  • Ravnenes hvisken (Ravnenes hvisken, #2)
  • Ravnenes hvisken (Ravnenes hvisken #3)
  • Erik Menneskesøn (Erik Menneskesøn #1)
  • Verden styrter: En Ravnenes hvisken-fortælling (Ravnenes hvisken, #2.5)
  • Gå-bogen: Gå, så går det nok
  • En-to-tre-NU!
  • Slaget i Caïssa (1-3)
  • Julemandens Død
  • Ternet Ninja
  • Afsporet (Ravn, #1)
  • Silhuet
  • Gå tur: Om glæden ved at sætte den ene fod foran den anden
  • The Chosen (Contender #1)
  • Den Sorte Ravns forbandelse (Morganas Kilder, #1)
I was born in Denmarkon a dark and stormy night in November1976. I began writing when I was a teenager. My first book was a really awful horror novel titled Nidhug's Slaves. It didn't get published. Luckily.

During the next 7 years, I wrote nearly 20 novels--all of which were rejected--while working as a school teacher. The rest of the time I spent writing.

In 2000 I published my debut fantasy book,

The Great Devil War (6 books)
  • The Devil's Apprentice (The Great Devil War, #1)
  • The Wrongful Death (The Great Devil War #3)
  • The Angel of Evil (The Great Devil War #4)
  • The Fallen Angel (The Great Devil War #5)
  • The Fallen Devil (The Great Devil War #6)
“≫Rækker man Fanden en lillefinger…≪ grinede Filip.
≫Så tager han hele armen,≪ svarede Lucifer og gav slip.
Han så på Filip med et hævet øjenbryn. ≫ Og rækker man ham en hånd…≪
≫Så tager han hele sjælen≪”
3 likes
“Death isn't an unfortunate consequence of life; on the contrary, Death is what makes life worth living. Men and women value only that which they might lose. Don't you see? Without death, life is uninteresting and meaningless.” 1 likes