Start by marking “Polished (Polished, #1)” as Want to Read:
Polished (Polished, #1)

Polished

(Polished #1)

7 hours, 42 minutes

It seemed like they had everything, but they didn’t have Jack.

Without question Spencer Hartley burns hot for his girlfriend, Rory, but his other desires are hidden down deep. He might blow things up for a living and climb mountains for kicks, but the scariest thing in his life is the truth about his sexuality.

Jack Rothman works hard and plays dirty. Afte
Audible Audio, Unabridged, 8 pages
Published June 15th 2018 by CTR Audio (first published May 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Polished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polished

Start your review of Polished (Polished, #1)
Shurrn
Sweet mother of sexytimes...
There was an undeniable energy - sexual tension, even - but neither seemed to know what to do with it. Rory could count herself as number three in the confusion. How do you let your boyfriend know that you're OK with him experimenting with another man?
This is an MMF romance where an established couple brings a third party into their relationship. It's a tricky dynamic to work with, but Alyssa Turner nailed it.

You know I'm a total MMF whore!
I'm practicall
Anonymous Girl
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 18+ Strong sexual content
Recommended to Anonymous Girl by: Aղցela W.

Genre ~ Erotic Bisexual Menage (MMF) Romance
Standalone (Part of a series) ~ Can be read as a Standalone
Publication Date ~ May 21, 2013
Series Years ~ 2013-2016
Triggers / Warnings? ~ Explicit Sexual Content. Bisexual MMF Romance
Story concluded ~The story definitely ended as a complete standalone, but it has room for more, hence I imagine the 2nd book
Narration ~ 3 Characters 3rd person (Spencer 30 year old male, (Jack male, Rory female)

Going to work, you don't expect to be trapped with your
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I'm not sure who tipped me off to this book originally, but Baby reminded me of it. I'm so glad she did because I needed a good to excellent m/m/f book after my last forgettable foray. I can't believe it took me so long to read this!

This story has great characters, pacing, and story arch. Even the conflict was believable! None of that contrived nonsense that annoys me so.

photo giphy_zpslrd48qmk.gif

Just in case you haven't figured it out there are girl bits.

Rory and Spencer are an established couple. They've been toge
SheReadsALot
A Hearts On Fire Review

FOUR STARS--Alyssa Turner's "Polished" is one steamy, polyamory novel featuring an established MF couple, Spencer and Rory, that love each other and have a healthy sex life. They are in love and so vanilla. But there seems to be something holding them back from realizing their full desires. In Spencer's case, he knew what it was but was afraid to share and let it out of the closet. As for Rory, she didn't even know what was missing until she had a taste.

Of what?

J
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Wow Holy Hot Wow!
SOO HOT…

Alyssa Turner has done it again.

I was asked to review this book and I had no idea exactly what was going to go down.
Well, actually, a little lie. This is my second Alyssa Turner book , so I knew I liked her writing style and I knew she had the ability to strike a chord in me with the M,M,F genre.
So I was not surprised Polished met my expectations, exceeded them and now has left me wanting more Alyssa Turner.

Rory and Spencer have the picture perfect relationship.
To
Jonetta
Spencer Hartley and his live-in girlfriend Rory Campbell have an almost perfect relationship. They’re best friends living a good life and having an off-the-charts physical relationship. But...Spencer can’t seem to ignore his attraction to other men, especially Jack Rothman, the arrogant consultant he’s working with. When they get stuck for hours in an underground tunnel following an explosion, his feelings are hard to ignore. Meanwhile, Rory is aware of Spencer’s other side (Jack sees it, too) b ...more
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. It's the first I've read but this author and based on this I'd try more of her work. I liked the characters and the story line was interesting.

This story is a little different than most menages I've read because the reasons for the exploration are based more around Spencer because of his bi-sexual urges. Most menages I've read center around the female in the story even when they're mmf. Rory gets something she needs from this relationship but she's not the cen
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
Holy Hellfire! This trio’s brand of lovin’ is smokin’ hot!

There’s no doubt about it, Spencer and Rory are a hot couple, in love and extremely happy together. In their minds, they are complete as a couple, but that was before Mr. Jack Rothman enters the picture.

Allow me to introduce the characters:

Rory is an auburn haired beauty and a total catch by anyone's standards. She is part girl-next-door and part sexy exhibitionist who’s definitely not afraid to try new things - from cooking to geting ki
Aura
I want my own Spencer and Jack! I'm not going to lie, this book is smut. But, it's sweet, emotional, i-love-you smut.

Seriously, Rory is the luckiest girl in the world! She's been with Jack for a few years now, and life with him is just about perfect.

Spencer loves Rory with all he is. He's going to propose...just as soon as he gets everything in order. He's bi-sexual, but in the closet, and willing to bury his need for a man to spend his life loving her.

Jack is sick and tired of cleaning up afte
Christina
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars – 4 Flames

As I mentioned in the Swept review, I read this “out of order” so to speak. Totally my mistake, but I’m extremely happy that each installment can be read as a standalone. In some ways, I think I enjoyed this one more reading it as a “prequel” so to speak since I read it second in line. Please keep in mind that I read Swept before I read Polished, so my opinion and views will be slightly different than those who read them in “order”.

After reading Polished, I already knew that
Claudia
this book was on my TBR for a long time and I really looked forward to reading it, as there are quite a few real good reviews on it.

For me the book was a double edged sword in regard to the pacing: we go very slow in the beginning and then it is very rushed! the pacing was totally off for me.

I do not know why the author made the relationship between Spencer/Rory and Jack a instand-love thing. a slow development would have been much better

(view spoiler)
Aղցela W.
Jun 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First let me just say that I loved this book Rory Spencer and Jack were all missing something in their lives and found it in each other. Jack was a man whore looking for hooks ups anywhere he could get it then he met Spencer and felt something that he has never felt before. This book was about three people who let their parents dictate their lives as adults. I would have like to get more of a backstory on each of them this was a really good book
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★☆☆½ ~ 3.5 Stars

Hot mmf menage with established couple Spencer and Rory finding there was a little something missing after they got better acquainted with Jack. Spencer was intrigued with Jack and Rory found she enjoyed Jack's dominating ways. Sexin' was hot and realistic and I could see how all their needs would be satisfied in a threesome.
Coco.V
Feb 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/25/2019)! 🎁
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Rhayne's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review.

4.5 Stars

Ms. Turner once again delivers an explosive, sexy, passionate page turner. She is one of the best in the business at delivering scorching hot sex, a lot of emotion and mixing it all around a beautiful love story.

Rory and Spencer were perfect together. They cared for each other, understood each other and completed each other. They really didn’t know they were missing out on anything until Ja
Karin
Polished Book One

Spencer Hartley and Rory Campbell have been together for years, but something has always been missing. Rory knows that Spencer is looking for more of a thrill, but he cannot admit that even to himself. When Spencer and his boss, Jack Rothman, are trapped underground and underwater in a subway tunnel, the two feel a spark of something that could become more. Jack's overbearing father demands that he ensures Spencer's cooperation in the future by inviting Spencer and Rory to their
MsRomanticReads

I loved Spencer and Rory as a couple, but if there was one character I cared for the most, it was Jack. In the beginning we only see him as a jerk because we only see him through Spencer’s eyes. Jack doesn’t know love, and his father is a real piece of work. More often than not, my heart broke for him and what he had to deal with to appease his father.

Spencer was a sweetheart! I felt his utter devotion towards Rory and their relationship. There was no doubt those two were deeply in love and noth
Nadine Bookaholic

Rory and Spencer are in a committed relationship for quite a while but there has always been a secret fantasy that Spencer kept hidden....or so he thought. Anyway, Rory has a secret of her own and maybe, just maybe Jack will be the answer they are both looking for to help fulfill both of them.
Jack was
grumpybybirth
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, menage, m-f
So, I knew from the start this going to be HOT, I mean it's written by Alyssa Turner and thats just the name of the game in her books. Her books are more then that though, they have plots and a storyline that flows, characters as real as you and me and they have, well to put it simply everything you could want in a book!

Polished is about Rory and Spencer, their love for each other is the stuff of legends. They are on the same wave length in every way. They are perfect for each other. They both h
Nadine Bookaholic
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Polished by Alyssa Turner My rating: 4 of 5 stars I want to start by Thanking Cynthia F. for recommending this book to me, I have never read any of Alyssa Turner's before and I really have no idea why I hadn't found her earlier. This book was HOT! Rory and Spencer are in a committed relationship for quite a while but there has always been a secret fantasy that Spencer kept hidden....or so he thought. Anyway, Rory has a secret of her own and maybe, just maybe Jack will be the answer they are bot ...more
Lindsey
Jun 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kink
This was a great read! Enter the adorable/compatible/sexy/understanding Rory and Spencer who don't quite realize they are missing "something" though Spencer has always had desires he's felt ashamed of and Rory is missing that little extra control in the bedroom. Cue the broody, self-loathing, sexy as all get out and bi, Jack.

I thought the sex scenes were great in this. Unlike so many other erotica stories, while the main characters have a tryst early on in the story, there is enough conflict an
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Read this book as part of the BOTM and it was sweet. The menage between Jack, Spenser and Rory. Their tentative relationship develops into a kinkilious manner. My favourite kink scene is the one on the boat. The way the three are together in a triad is how I enjoy my menages so this did it for me all around. The one thing I didn't like and I know I wasn't supposed to like is the Jack's asshat father. What a disgusting asshole.

The bdsm in this story is light. The love between the three adorable.
Diane Dannenfeldt
A really good book & I have to start the next one right away. The sex was off the charts smoking hot. Jack is a Dom, even though that isn't really discussed, and you can tell Rory & Spence are natural subs. I would have liked to have seen more BDSM going on. I thought Jack coming into an established relationship worked pretty smoothly. I enjoyed watching these three come to terms with their feelings for each other. I also would have liked some more back story on them & maybe we will get that in ...more
Pam Nelson
It’s weird I vaguely remember eye reading this story and I liked it but listening it dropped down a star for me. It was just ok. I found the narration to be tin line. If that was on purpose it didn’t work for me and it kept through me out of the story.

The story of how these three became these three is pretty nice, I liked that there was interest from all that made them getting together believable. The sexy times were all pretty hot and that helps pull you back into the story.

I guess I am just
Chelsea
It has been years since I read anything with the F in it, but this MMF was just what I needed! I loved MMF before I discovered MM and I can't see why I cut it off completely. This was sexy as hell and the threesome was so well done. I really really enjoyed this and it's inspired me to keep going on this F track while it's working for me. Of course still involving my MM, I'm not insane. ...more
Shoshanna Evers
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alyssa Turner masterfully wove emotion and red-hot m/m/f menage together in Polished! The book kept me turning pages and thinking about it once I'd finished. I loved Rory, Spencer, and Jack :) Polished is steamy, sexy, and highly recommended! ...more
Kelly
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great characters! Great story! And I highlighted great parts of the story that are worthy of re-reads :)
Carly
I loved how this story centered on the male lead, Spencer. A lot of menage center on the female even if its MMF so this dynamic is very interesting and makes for a very good story.
Stacy L.
May 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

What a great story. I loved it, if was so well written and a really good storyline. Omg, so hot!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Romance Audiobooks: Polished by Alyssa Turner 24 94 Aug 03, 2018 08:43AM

• Come When Called: The Novel (Come When Called, #1-7)
  • Sizzle
  • Smoke
  • Sear
  • Delectable (Gold Coast Nights #1)
  • The Billionaire Bad Boys Club (The Billionaires, #1)
  • Just This Once (Just Us, #1)
  • Bought By Two
  • Rule of Three (Rule of Three, #1)
  • Three Way Street
  • A Million Tiny Pieces
  • The Sharp Edge of Bliss
  • Claiming Addison (69 Bottles, #1)
  • Wayward Desire
  • Three
  • Beck & Call (The Billionaires, #2)
  • Cruel Idols
  • Heat of the Night
Alyssa Turner is every woman and like no other. The one who stares into space while standing in sensible shoes at the supermarket, and you wonder what she might be thinking. Few things make her smile like the rush of creativity—she’s addicted. When she isn’t writing, she’s cooking dinner or washing clothes…or dreaming up her next delicious scene. She enjoys writing in several sub-genres, including ...more

Polished (2 books)
  • Swept (Polished, #2)

News & Interviews

“First you're going to get your sweet little ass down from there and bend over the counter while I show you who the fuck is boss around here.” 7 likes
“Then we'll all go to the movies or go bowling. Something normal people do."

"Because we're so normal, right?"

He raised his hand high and let the first crack of his palm rain down on her ass. "This is our normal. It's the only normal that matters.”
6 likes