Start by marking “Three Months to Forever (World of Love)” as Want to Read:
Three Months to Forever (World of Love)

Three Months to Forever (World of Love)

Ben is looking for an adventure when he accepts a temporary assignment in Hong Kong, but he never anticipates how his life might change when he meets a sophisticated, intriguing man named Sai. Their initial attraction is sizzling and soon grows into more as Sai takes Ben on a tour of the city’s famous landmarks and introduces him to the local cuisine. Sai stimulates Ben’s ...more
Published July 20th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Three Months to Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Months to Forever

Briar's Reviews
I have instantly found a new author to binge read! Hudson Lin has created one fantastic novel that has blown my mind!

Three Months to Forever is a short yet sweet novel about two impressive men falling in love in in Hong Kong. Add in the fact that Canada is also a big part of this book, and you have me instantly hooked! Hudson Lin really did these communities justice with this book, since it is beautifully crafted and respects the cultures.

If I had to compare it, I'd say it was a beautiful Rome
Nat
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

Dreamspinner’s World of Love line of books has allowed Hudson Lin to offer a glimpse into Hong Kong and experience a westerners impressions. Ben is Canadian and his 3 month posting to Hong Kong is a perfect vehicle for this travelogue cum lovestory. (That’s the Latin word for you dirty minded people, although there’s plenty of the other kind too!) Ben meets Sai right away but they don’t get together until days later, after an excursion into Hong Kong nightlife. Various other outings the
Lyra
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got myself an ARC copy of this book, woot woot! I am NOT required to review this book in exchange for a review, but I'm doing so anyway, because I review books!

So, so, so, let me express how incredibly, absurdly, overwhelmingly excited I am that I have found a book that is set somewhere other than 1) A fake place 2) North America (USA/Canada*) 3) Some whiteish area of Europe (usually the UK, but sometimes something like France).

Today, we have a book set in . . . Hong Kong! [insert dramatic mu
Lisa The Novel Approach
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I just LOVE it when I find a new author, and I certainly found one with this book. This is a thoughtful rendition of life in the Chinese culture for one homosexual man named Sai. It is also a beautiful guidebook of many of China’s landmarks in and around Hong Kong, not to mention a Chinese foodie to-do list. The dichotomy of Hong Kong where east meets west, and traditional meets modern influences, is truly brought home in the story, and I really enjoyed it.

Sai, or Kwok Sai Hei, is a deeply tradi
Joyfully Jay
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

Hudson Lin is quickly becoming a favor author of mine. Three Months to Forever is an excellent story focusing on two men from separate worlds, who love and a dream of something more. Ben and Sai are both well developed characters, though I would say that Sai certainly jumped off the page more than Ben. He is modern and forward thinking, but trapped between filial duty, a job he hates, and the man he wants to be. As a Westerner, I think it can be hard to understan
Jess
This book was provided for free by the publisher and Love Bytes in exchange for an honest review.

This review was first posted to Love Bytes: LGBTQ Book Reviews. It has been slightly edited here for content.

I have read one short story and one full-length novel by Hudson Lin. This novella is definitely my favorite work of hers so far. This story is an intimate, realistic look at two men who literally have three months to work out their feelings for each other before returning to their “real” world
Serena Yates
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic ode to Hong Kong this novella turned out to be! The local details are described vividly and add great texture, and even though I visited years ago (before it was returned to the Chinese), the main character’s adventures reminded me of all the sights and sounds and tastes that make up this amazing place. I loved exploring the touristy and less touristy sights through Ben’s eyes during his three-month assignment, was happy he was able to find new friends, and held my breath when i ...more
Kristin
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Premise of the book is Ben accepts a three month temporary position in Hong Kong. During a meet ‘n greet during his first days in country, he’s introduced to the enigmatic Sai. Over the course of the week their paths cross again, and the attraction becomes mutual. During the coming months, the two dance around cultural differences – Ben being Canadian, Sai being Chinese and their work differences. Ben enjoys his job, Sai is in a morally questionable work position and doesn’t see a way out withou ...more
Annie
3.5 stars- The setting was impossible to resist

I recently read another book by this author and immediately put her on my authors-to-follow list, so I jumped at the chance to read this novella. Generally, Dreamspinner’s World of Love series has been a mixed bag for me, but I do love books set in unique locales and like that each title is a standalone so I can pick and choose those that catch my attention. When I pick up a story from this collection, I expect an escape and a chance to experience a
CrabbyPatty
As an introduction to Hong Kong, "Three Months to Forever" serves as a wonderful travel guide while giving us glimpses of a modern society with roots in ancient China; tall skyscrapers backed by breathtaking mountains and Starbucks next to traditional herb shops. In Sai, we get a Columbia law school graduate who works as a corporate lawyer and struggles with balancing his unwavering loyalty to his family against their unquestionable business ethics.

Ben takes on a three-month assignment in Hong K
Leah
This book was a lovely read, and I enjoyed both main characters so much! Read the full review on my blog.
ConM
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I liked that a lot :-)
Eli
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay, mlm, queer, poc-mc
Content Warnings: Homomisia and cancer

I really like Hudson Lin’s works, especially since most of her works that I’ve read included lots of delicious sounding food. This one was no disappointment.

Even though I don’t necessarily like positive-only-vibe type characters, I would definitely recommend this book to those looking for the grump/sunshine trope!

This book is set, for the most part, in Hong Kong as Ben gets a temporary assignment to get away from his mundane life back in Canada. He’s very c
Ann
A great opposites-attract novella in a fun setting!

Sai is an older lawyer, somewhat jaded, tired, and overworked. He is sick of catering to his rich, homophobic parents and their snobby friends. Ben is a young, kind, easy-going Canadian, working a mid-level banking job, who wants a bit of adventure and volunteers for a 3 month assignment in Hong Kong.

Lots to recommend here. The "romance abroad" trope is one my favorites, and hard to find ones done this well! The romance is sweet and well-develop
Ami

Meh. Basically it's about a Canadian expat who has expiration date on his temporary job in Hong Kong and a Hong Kong-er who hates his job but stays in it, anyway, because parents. Then there are several sex scenes in between. Very repetitive for me -- I lose interest about almost half-way and just skim through.

The problem is I never understand WHY Sai cannot just quit his job. I know, I know, his parents, Chinese tradition, and such. And his parents are friends with rich people. But lik
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
What a touching story with lots of cultural diversity, sometimes that foreign that our other hero, Ben, who's from Canada had to think about these differences pretty hard.
I liked this display of two different cultures, worlds actually clashing together.

Sai is a very charming, controlled, in ways reserved character. His appeal definitely lies in his cool behavior and the reader experience pretty well with Ben how Sai really is, plus we get Sai's POV too.

The book is spiked with kinky topics (ligh
Misty
** 4.5 Stars **

LOVED IT!
Wonderful sense of place, intriguing characters. I wish it were longer!!!
Anna
Dana Mihalcea
Mar 13, 2019
Gabrielle
Aug 29, 2018
Hudson Lin was raised by conservative immigrant parents and grew up straddling two cultures with ofttimes conflicting perspectives on life. Instead of conforming to either, she has sought to find a third way that brings together the positive elements of both.

Having spent much of her life on the outside looking in, Hudson likes to write stories about outsiders who fight to carve out their place in