Start by marking “Reid (Vested Interest, #4)” as Want to Read:
Reid (Vested Interest, #4)

Reid

(Vested Interest #4)

You’ve met the men of BAM. Now get to know the rebel.

Who is Reid Matthews?

A child, abandoned and unloved.
A teen, adrift and disregarded, using his superior tech skills for the wrong intentions.
A young adult, his future overshadowed by his prison record, his life an endless loop of loneliness.
Until he is given a second chance and a new life emerges.
A career he once thought
Published September 17th 2018 by Moreland Books Inc (first published September 11th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Reid, please sign up.

Start your review of Reid (Vested Interest, #4)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Reid is book four in the Vested Interest series by Melanie Moreland. I read this series out of order and have already read books five and six. So this was the final book I needed to read. What a journey this has been. And what a way to close than with this techy, nerdy, damaged, genius.

Reid Matthews is twenty five years old. He has lived a life void of love. Void of anyone that cared what happened to him. There was one man, though, that took him under his wing and taught him everything he knew a
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reid Matthews grew up abandoned and unloved in the foster system. He felt lonely and invisible. He's a computer genius whose brilliant tech skills landed him a prison record. He was looking for a fresh start and a second chance. He was offered a job in the IT department at BAM that was a game changer for his future. It changed his path and gave him a chance to turn his life around. He's now their lead IT guy and a valuable part of the team. He'd also found a f
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

I think you were attempting to dance, but at first, I wasn’t sure if you were having a seizure or drunk.

I’ll say your mattress dancing is a lot smoother than your floor dancing.

I have to tell you that listening to your marketing geek is seriously turning me on, BB. It makes me want to interface with your software.

“Go upstairs, Richard. Give me five minutes with my girl. You’ve had her all week.” “We need to talk if all you need is five minutes, Reid.”

My Review:

I loved this book
Nicola
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars.

I’m so glad Melanie Moreland has brought us Reid’s story. He’s been an incredible secondary character, stepping up to the mark time after time as the boys have needed his exceptional technology skills, and now the floor is all his.

description All I want is a chance to move on and put all that shit behind me. For one person to believe in me.”

In many respects this is my favourite of the series and that’s largely down to Reid who has fought his way through life to become the exceptional man he
Book-Bosomed  blog
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reid Matthews (wish it would have given his age) is a former hacker convicted for his crimes, now reformed and working as head of IT for a Toronto company where he’s been given a second chance. But he wants a first chance at love with his co-worker and crush Becca Holden, 25.

Virgin heroes are a bit like unicorns so I’ll admit that premise intrigued me enough to check out this tale. Reid is a real sweetie. He’s totally all in for Becca; he just needs to let his past go.

Becca is very grounded, und
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)

Safe!!
A virgin hero who didn’t know how to talk to the heroine. He even made lists.
A bit unrealistic and unbelievable but he was sweet and shy.
Heroine is not a virgin.
AvidReader
Mar 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it takes only that one single kindness to change a life.
Reid did a stupid thing in a past which led him to being jailed and the name ex- con is now a unremovable stain on his life. No decent job, no decent place to live, no family or friends but still he made it up to the top in the end. So much dedication and courage. All because one person decided to give him a chance.
Reid was slightly awkward, geek but brilliant hacker hero. I loved him. And Becca complimented him beautifully. She
Alex ♈
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Virgin hero and non-virginal heroine -> my reading heaven *lol*

Cute, sweet, but also strong hero. Not an alphahole, but a good young man.
Apart from him telling many personal things to his bosses/friends he was more than ok.
Likable heroine, almost nothing to demur.

The best book in this series, IMO.
Syndi
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the best book from this series. I love Reid. He is such a sweet, innocent, loyal, honest alpha male. I love how Miss Moreland develop Reid from innocent, geeky guy into a man. A real man. A man who prove himself to be honest and smart man. He deserves so much respect.

The first part of this book is so hilarious. I love how geeky Reid is. How clueless he is around Becca. But when he realizes how much he loves Becca, he transforms into a real man. He gets all of the respect he deserves. An
Notorious Book Tease
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reid, my lost boy. I cried for you. Reid never had a family. His childhood was one loss after another. As a teenager he finally found a home and someone to care about him, but that too was taken from him. The one thing Reid held on to was computers and his ability to bend them to his will. In an effort to prove himself, Reid used his computer skills illegally. Though Reid paid for those choices, he still lives with the consequences every day. Helping Reid overcome the mistakes of his past is the ...more
Somia
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. Reid was a sweetheart, he’s made some mistakes in the past but he’s learnt from them and made a good life for himself, finding the family he never had at the place he works. Reid has a big thing for his co-worker Becca, but finds that he becomes a mess when he tries to ask her out/talk to her, but finally it happens and he gets the girl. I did want more fire from Reid but I still liked him.

There were funny moments in this, such as when some of the guys try to teach Reid how to
Cheesecake
rounding up to 4 stars because it was enjoyable and I loved Reid's character. Becca, however, was very bland.

It's a simple sweet romance that's more about Reid overcoming his past with the help of his friends at BAM and Rebecca.
I don't want to give too much info on his past as it is interesting to hear him tell it. But right now, he is a tech guru. He is unabashed about his skills and generally not a shrinking violet, but Rebecca leaves him tongue tied like a high school virgin...
.. well actuall
Candice
LOVED this book!

Reid is the sweetest, so awkward and silly, you wouldn’t know what a tough life he has lived to get to this point. He’s trying not to dwell in his past but when he falls for his new co-worker his past may try to derail things. Becca is such a strong heroine, just perfect for Reid.

As always Melanie has managed to write a book with fun silliness, so much heart, and there may have been a few tears here and there.

It also just made me fall more and more in love with Sandy! 💕
Julia
This author did an amazing thing. She created this ex con, technology genius, virgin hero and made him absolutely, boring. Like so boring, it was effecting the other characters in the previous books. Heroine wasnt any better, and when both of them got together it made everything even more bland.
Anna
Mar 23, 2019 added it
Dnf at 15%
Wasn't for me. Didn't connect with hero
Tracey
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say that I haven't already said about this series?! I was hooked immediately when I read Bentley; then Aiden broke my heart; Maddox became my favorite and then Melanie gives us Reid...oh Reid! He is everything and more--oh the feels while reading this book! Sweet, sexy, swoony, thoughtful, emotional Reid - how could you not fall in love with him. This series has become one of my favorites, mostly due to the fact that Melanie introduces you to her characters in such a way that you beco ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Oh, Reid!!! Our nerdy little boy has grown up into an amazing man!

Reid’s confidence and attitude got him a foot in the door with BAM, but he proved himself over and over again to cement his position with them.

“All of what they did for me made everything worth it.
Because of them, I had a new path and a future. Something to offer.”

From the first moment they met, Reid was drawn to Becca and she to him. Reid has a past that he has tried to move on from, but some things can’t just be swept under a
My Own Bookshelves
If you haven't checked out the Vested Interest series or hells bells, Melanie Moreland's writing, you are missing out on the best in romance. Her storytelling always delivers all the necessary elements I need for complete entertainment: heart, soul and happy ever after. But where her speciality lies is in the male characters. They are more than the sum of their exterior shell. Ms. Moreland delivers the personalities flaws and all where the reader cannot help but fall in love with them.

Reid does
Jodi
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I would have shown you how much you deserved to be loved then. Just like you do now."

The men of BAM are smoking hot. The women they fall for are incredible. And their storylines are perfection. But I'd be lying if I said that despite all of this, I was waiting patiently (or not so patiently, mostly) for Reid's story from the very first time he was mentioned in Melanie Moreland's Vested Interest series.

The IT genius with a tragic past. The nerdy sweetheart with the drive to help. The somewhat a
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Honestly, I don’t even know where to start with this review. Okay, yeah, I do know . . . back off, people, Reid is mine. I licked him, so he’s mine. Fine, I licked my Kindle, same diff. Whatever.

In all seriousness, I knew Reid would seize my heart and grab on tight. And, holy hell, did he ever! I loved his innocent yet dirty side. Loved the delicate balance between his naivety and hard-nosed, real life experience. Seriously real, real life experience!

And Becca. Damn, I loved her strength, her sm
Janet Taggart Baldwin
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reid is the fourth book in the Vested series and it lives up to all the hype we have been waiting for! Reid is a young computer genius for BAM who has had a rough life but still has a tender heart underneath. Bentley, Aiden, and Maddox have taken him under their wings and become like brothers to him. He has met his match in all ways in Becca. This book has all the feels in it, one minute you will be crying and then you will be laughing out loud and your family will look at you like you're crazy. ...more
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Reid and Becca’s story was a beautifully written romance! Not to say it’s a bed of roses, because there are some growing pains dealing with Reid’s past. However, what stood out most was how much a character deserved an HEA! Reid more then earned his chance for good things to roll his way! I loved his story and thought Becca was a great match for him.

Melanie is a new author for me, but wow! I have fallen in love with her characters! I’ve read this series backwards, but who cares? I’ve had fun an
MiDouradoP
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my sweet sweet geek boy!

Reid is my favorite in this series so far. He is a genius, hard worker, so compromised with everything he does, loyal and oh so sweet and adorable. And, my God(!), he overshares! I laughed so much about that!

He had such a rough start in his life, barely had a chance to grow, and the little he was allowed to have was always riped away from him. Either people who cared about him or oppootunities.

But somehow, even with all the bad he faced, he was optmistic, he was willi
Michele McMullen
Shelves: arc
I am so in love with this series and to finally have Reid's story come to life was just the icing as we say on the cake!
Reid is a man that has been through more than his share of troubles and heartache. He is a sweet, withdrawn, kind of awkward and just so also happens to be an internet wiz and he is the go to men of BAM .
Becca Holden is brought into BAM as a consultant and the moment that they lay eyes on each other their is an immediate attraction. Reid is a bit to shy to act on it so he admi
Kahea
***5 ‘Team Reid’ Stars***

To say I was excited when it announced that Reid was getting his own book is an understatement, I kinda did the whole squee (in my head) happy dance (in my head) thing because I really, really wanted to know more about him, especially after his reaction to Becca in Mad’s book, and I wasn’t disappointed at all. This was a sweet, smexy, heartbreaking and swoon worthy read that not only gave me all I never knew I wanted when it came to Reid and Becca, but also some amaz
Island Girl Romance Reads
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought I loved the BAM men, but Reid is now my favorite!!
Loved everything about this book. I wanted to hug Reid so bad.
What Love most about this book is the brotherhood and how they care about each other.
That scene with all of the BAM men with Reid made me so emotional.
Loved Becca also. She was the perfect heroine for Reid.
So many emotions when reading this book, from Laughing to crying, from mad to happy.
Hoping for one more book, maybe Van’s book?
5 stars!!
J Williams
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What I have loved best about the Vested Interest series is the amazing bond between the men. I wondered if Reid's story would have that same element and it totally did! These guys would do anything for each other, making a family when they did not have one. Reid is adorably awkward, super smart but completely shy with women. Becca is perfect for him. Sweet but no pushover, she is exactly what he needs!

This book had all the emotions and one of the best epilogues I have ever read. Loved it!!
kookyquinn
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was just everything! I loved it SO SO MUCH! It was more than a romance it was a story of acceptance, family, love and personal growth.

I happy cried like 3 times. I sad cried once and swooned a little here and there. Yes, this book has all the sexy times and was super hot but I don't really feel like Reid and Becca's romance was the main focus of this book. It was so much more. It was about Reid and everyone who loves him. Not just his heroine.

I could not put it down.
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Since reading “The Contract” a couple of years ago, it’s been a real joy to witness Melanie Moreland’s success in the realm of Contemporary Romance. Her stand alone books have always been enjoyable reads, so when I heard Melanie was publishing the “Vested Interest” trilogy I got a little giddy.

I expected Maddox to be the perfect conclusion for Melanie’s trilogy, and in many ways, it is. When the author announced she would be publishing Reid’s story, I was excited for the chance to visit this cor
Diane'sBookReflections
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
Four and a half, you can have it all, Stars!
**** 1/2

Melanie…..just when we thought Vested Interest was done…

Now that you have us vested….you’ve gone and done it again!

You’ve given us Reid. Smart….no wait…..he’s techie extraordinaire, who’s tall and handsome with those brooding eyes, and glasses he always flings to the side.
But also in love and figuring out how, to get the girl named Becca, who makes our Reid go all tongue-tied.
But little does he know, this darling, confident and sassy young gi
Romance Retreat: Sexy Times Giveaway 1 10 Aug 11, 2019 08:15AM
United By Romance: Reid: Vested Interest is ONLY 99 cents 1 2 Apr 11, 2019 05:40AM
United By Romance: Reid 1 4 Sep 22, 2018 04:53PM

• Elijah Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #1)
  • The Donor
  • Foundations: A Happy Ever After Romance (The Walshes, #9)
  • Love, Lust & Liam (Wyatt Brothers, #2)
  • Nathan Wolfe (Wolfe Brothers #2)
  • The Master (Manhattan Records #3)
  • Mending Fate (The Scottish Billionaire #3)
  • Boss in the Bedsheets
  • Take Me to Bed: A Collection of Naughty Bedtime Stories
  • Uncovered (The Untangled #3)
  • Breaking Rules (The Scottish Billionaire #2)
  • Fighting for Us (Bailey Brothers, #2)
  • Torn
  • The Assignment (Massey Security Duet, Book 1)
  • Delight Me (Stark Ever After Celebration)
  • Off Limits (The Scottish Billionaire #1)
  • The Score (Massey Security Duet, Book 2)
  • A Forever Family (Forever, #5)
NYT/WSJ/USAT International bestselling author Melanie Moreland, lives a happy and content life in a quiet area of Ontario with her beloved husband of lots of lovely years and their rescue cat, Amber. Nothing means more to her than her friends and family, and she cherishes every moment spent with them.
While seriously addicted to coffee, and highly challenged with all things computer-related and te

Vested Interest (7 books)
  • Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
  • Van (Vested Interest, #5)
  • Halton (Vested Interest, #6)
  • Sandy (Vested Interest #7)