Start by marking “Darcy The Dog Who Talked” as Want to Read:
Darcy The Dog Who Talked

Darcy The Dog Who Talked

I’d never adopted a dog before. I had no idea what to do and this dog needed someone who did. An abused dog and a clueless human, we embarked on a journey of love, struggles and joy.
A heart-warming and humorous journey.
Kindle Edition
Published June 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Darcy The Dog Who Talked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darcy The Dog Who Talked

Start your review of Darcy The Dog Who Talked
LAWonder10
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book a delightful tale of the true experiences and memoirs of Darcy, the Dog Who Talked and her owners, with her owner's interpretations of she perceived as Darcy's thoughts.
Darcy was a "special case" at the animal shelter which Liane volunteered at. When Liane and her husband, Lee, decided to adopt a dog, Darcy was an unlikely candidate, yet, stole Liane's heart with the total support of Lee.
This is not only a story of a strong love relationship of various individuals, but of the
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve finished this book with tears streaming down my face! Such a beautiful story about such a gorgeous dog; a queen. The love pours through the pages and you want to join in with them. Then the ending... oh that ending! I don’t think I can stop crying.

Darcy was such a kind, adorable dog, full of love and fun adventures as you can see as the story unfolds. She’s a dog that needed love at the most vulnerable time in her life. And Liane Carter and her Husband Lee gave her everything she’d only
Harini Nayak
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was an wonderful book just because it had a dog ! Yes , I love being biased ! But quite truthfully , it was a delightful book that was more like a relatable shared joke between two dog lovers . The story starts with Liane going to pick a dog from the shelter and coming with Darcy , a dog that is just too much to handle . It proceeds further with the situations Darcy creates for Liane and her husband , Lee .

The Good

It was light and fun with a lot of relatable moments . Personally speaking , I
Amy
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darcy The Dog Who Talked is yet another cute little story by Liane Carter. This time the reader is introduced to Darcy, who is a Labrador and Greyhound mix. Poor Darcy has a hard life and needs proper love, care and attention. This is where Liane and Lee steps in. I could relate to this story, as my family, too, have rescued to a poor pup with a troubled history in his younger years. My pup would be able to relate Darcy, as well.
Darcy The Dog Who Talked is a delightful, sweet, funny and a quick
Angela Thompson
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dog lovers will love the relationship between Darcy and Liane. There is a bond that forms between a dog and his/her human that is just like none other--and the author perfectly captures the development of her bond with Darcy. Beginning as strangers--with a load of trust issues and doubts for both--the two tell a wonderful, heart warming story.

I think we all need to read a dog's memoir--at least once. I absolutely loved this story. I loved reading the various perspectives--just as I did with
Jessica Bronder
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darcy, first called Blackie, had a poor past after having puppies and been abused by her previous owner. She was turned in to the shelter after escaping one too many times. Liane volunteered at the shelter and just knew that she needed to adopt her. Liane had never had a dog and didn’t really know what to expect but she also adopted an abused dog that has several issues that needs to be worked out. But with lots of patience and love Darcy comes around and becomes a very loving dog with a couple ...more
Jeremy Michael Gallen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Author Liane Carter herself is the primary narrator of this story, considering dogs to be children, and having a job of walking them regularly. The perspective occasionally shifts to that of Blackie, a Labrador and greyhound mix in the kennel who wants a home and has a troubled past, stemming from having puppies and abuse at the hands of previous owners. The dog was considered to be an “escape artist,” given her ability to leave over six-foot-tall barriers, and in spite of her background, Liane’ ...more
Jessica
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darcy will melt your heart

I rarely cried while reading a book but this book made me bawled especially the last chapters. As a Mom of two fury girls, I even love them more after reading this story. Darcy will melt you heart and will leave forever paw prints in your heart. She is the silliest but the sweetest dog ever.

Loving a pet is like taking good care of a kid, both Liane and Lee did an amazing job taking good care of Darcy until the very end. They never give up hope and showered her with
Misty
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Darcy The Dog Who Talked by Liane Carter was just as good as Tammy The Little Cat With A Big Attitude and if anything I ended up liking Darcy just a bit more. It was not because the Tammy book was bad or that this one was so much better, but rather because I am more of a dog person than a cat person and I felt like this book just touched me more. Overall, both book are worth reading if you are an animal lover and you will be missing out if you don't take the time to read them!
Rita Brassington-stocks
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book and the connection between Liane and Darcy. Made me laugh and cry and can’t wait to read more from Liane!
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: what-an-animal
I finished reading this author`s book Tammy just before this, so to be honest, I only skimmed the final few pages. I knew I would be crying before it was over.
Darcy is the story of a dog no one wanted. Or if they did, they could not see past her individuality to love her. Until Liane and Lee.
To be honest, they went about adopting her entirely the wrong way. I do not recommend this method for anyone wishing to add a member to their family. Sadly, mainly for an animal, this could have ended up
Erika
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I forced myself to read this in small sections so I could savor every moment of Darcy and Liane’s beautiful connection. I laughed, I cried, I loved every moment with them.

What a wonderful tribute to be able to give your beloved best friend. Any animal lover will read this, nodding along as Liane experiences loving Darcy with such ferocity. Dog is truly the human’s best friend. Loyal until the end. Sigh.

I loved reading from both perspectives and I enjoyed the flow of the stories throughout
Eric Klepinger
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have had many types of animals in my life, and the true story of 'Darcy: The Dog Who Talked' captured every experience I have ever felt. For anyone who has had an animal being in your life, you know it can be joyful, funny, frustrating, heart wrenching, lovely and every emotion imaginable, but mostly it is love. If you never have had the pleasure of adopting an animal and plan to, this is almost like a handbook on what to expect during the whole process and time your animal family member is in ...more
Sierra
Amy Grossman
Jan 09, 2019

• Melding Spirits
  • The Ghost
  • Finders Keepers: The Definitive Edition (Finders Keepers #1)
  • The Consultant (Jonathan Hunter Thriller #1)
  • Trials and Trails: Adventures and Unexpected Discoveries of Life
  • The Wisdom of Listening: Pieces of Gold from a Decade of Interviewing and Life
  • Looking to the Stars from Old Algiers and Other Long Stories Short
  • Dirty Trickster, Corporate Spy
  • Lullaby Road
  • Held Together: A True Story of Love's Victory
  • Stolen Obsession (Annalisse Series Book 1)
  • Murder by Perfection (A Thorny Rose Mystery Book 3)
  • The Great Jewel Robbery (A Front Page Mystery, #1)
  • Crimes Past (A Mac Faraday Mystery Book 13)
  • Boy On The Beach
  • The Austin Paradox (Miracle Man Book 2)
  • Spring Thaw and Other Mystery Short Stories (Chris Matheson Novella)
  • Death Logs Out (Michael Nicholas, #3)