Start by marking “Hale” as Want to Read:
Hale

Hale

Note this book is only available for purchase from K Webster's website, which can be found on the author's GR page.

Warning:
This book is an epic, emotional, raw love story…
between a brother and sister.
Many won’t be able to handle that.
But if I don’t tell their story, who else will?

**********************************

He’s my everything.
I would die without him.

Because he infect
250 pages
Published June 20th 2018 by K Webster

To ask other readers questions about Hale, please sign up.

Start your review of Hale
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

HALE: Is a full length stand alone forbidden romance novel by K. Webster. In this we meet siblings Hudson & Rylie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hudson had three life goals pretty much set in concrete for as long as he could remember, play ball, graduate and marry his long term girlfriend Amy. But when tragedy struck things all started to change. Now his sister Rylie is going to need him now more than ever.

Rylie has psychological ne
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly I enjoyed this one a lot. Well, not TOO surprising since I love almost everything K Webster writes, but not too long ago I read a book where the hero and heroine were first cousins and romantically involved, and I was utterly grossed out the entire time I was reading it. However, I had NO issue with this one and the fact that the hero and heroine are brother and sister...go figure (lol).

description

Anyway...the writing was excellent. It was well paced. The plot was engaging and obviously taboo.
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
Because i am weird like that and besides cheating and sharing nothing stops me from reading dark reads!

And if you wanna unfriend or unfollow me!
Go Ahead buddy but i ain't hiding what i am reading

Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: taboo
Hale by K Webster
GENRE: Dark Taboo
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: This book can only be purchased through her website.https://www.authorkwebster.com/
AUDIO AVAILABLE? No

MY THOUGHTS:
This is a dark forbidden/ taboo love story and I must state this is in no way a romance story.

I was apprehensive going into this admittedly, as I like to think I have an open mind when it comes taboo, but incest is such an unusual and forbidden topic, one that I have never read nor wanted to read about befor
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
DEAD.
DEAD.
ALLLLL. THE. DEADS.
OHMYGAWDDDD.

This is the most taboo book I've ever read. My first KWeb read and I. COULDN'T. STOP.

IT IS VERY RARE for me to spend the day MOSTLY off social media just to read. And that's what I did today. Well, fuck. My heart squeezed so hard in my chest. My mind was all over the place while reading this story. I got turned on. A LOT. A LOT turned on. But man my emotions. My love for Hudson and Rylie is HUGE. I didn't want this story to end.

OMFG. I'M DEAD OVER THIS LO
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****THREE STARS*****

First off, what possessed K. Webster to approve the cover of this book?
It's a horrible cover? Was it chosen on purpose to indicate that this story was sick because it's a romance between brother and sister? Not sure.

This isn't a hard limit for me.
In fact, I read a beautiful & heartbreaking story years ago about a taboo relationship between a brother & sister titled "Forbidden" by Tabitha Suzuma.

I don't care that this story was just "meh" and seriously nasty.
I still love K. W
Rachel (LoverofTBR)
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Rachel (LoverofTBR) by: MC The Bookaholic ♡
4.5 ‘Heathen’ 🌟

She’s just born with the wrong last name. The same last name.

Hale is a story worth reading, but with an open mind. Please go into this book after heeding all the warnings as it is not a book with safe and light-hearted story. I picked up this book after reading an amazing review from my friend, MC The Bookaholic, and thank you for gushing about this book MC!! It is about two grieving people finding their soulmates in each other after losing their parents and it just so hap
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forbidden
The first part of this book left me disturbed and grossed out...

description

I kept reading, cause curiosity and all that.

description

Then I found myself actually rooting for this couple to defy the odds and be together???!!!

description

By the end I was smiling because we got a fairytale finale. Thank you K Webster for once again completely messing with my mind!

Let's connect!

Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
40598649._SY475_-1.jpg

I loved this one despite and maybe because of the taboo subject matter.
It was an engaging read that I managed to consume in one sitting.
For anyone thinking of reading this a heads-up, the Hero and heroine are full brother and sister and while I originally thought this might bother me more than it did it actually didn't.
This author had a way of selling you on the unfolding story and despite knowing the taboo nature of this relationship I was rooting for Hudson and Rylie all the way.
This really di
Jillian
I had a long, well thought out review that I wrote immediately after finishing reading Hale. Unfortunately, sometime between then and now, something happened to my notepad because when I opened it, it was blank. My review of this book that I loved so much and had such pretty words to say about is gone. I'm so upset.

Until I can sit back down and put together another well thought out review, I will just leave some thoughts from the top of my head.

Hale is a taboo story that isn't for all readers.
Betty Lankovits
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, arc
Beautifully written, raw, sad, emotional, real, genuine, heartbreaking.
description
I will read anything K Webster wants to put out here in the world. If she writes a novel, taboo novella, or a cook book, I will read it cover to cover! I am in awe of Kristi’s writing and courage. She took a taboo subject and made it one of the most heart wrenching love stories I have ever read.

Truly a beautiful book that will challenge your heart and mind.

Not for everyone!
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
3.5 sick stars

“In my world, I exist alone, surrounded by people.
A nightmare. A paradox. A harsh sentencing for a crime I didn’t commit.
Blackness swarms around me like a cloud of angry bees.
It stings inside and out. All over.
Blackness doesn’t drown me, it poisons me.”
- Rylie Hale

* * *
“In another life, it could be us.
I don’t have to explain it to her, she knows.
Life is unfair. It stole our parents and pushed us together in a way no two siblings are supposed to love. And we can’t have it. We’re al
Mirjam
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

A happily ever after. Just a complicated one.

Warning:
This book is an epic, emotional, raw love story…
between a brother and sister.
Many won’t be able to handle that.
But if I don’t tell their story, who else will?

The queen of taboo has done it again. I do not want to get too much into detail, but this is a very controversial read, very! And as much as I can understand that there are people out there that are disgusted, probably even exasperated, I can see this happening in real life.
Just as m
Jessa
Just a warning, this is a straight up taboo romance between a brother and sister. Not steps or halves. Full siblings. Only the lord can judge me, friends.
MC The Bookaholic ♡
5++++++ taboo stars!!!

Okay so this book is extreme taboo. I decided to read it using my excuse of: If I’m going to hell, might as well enjoy the ride.

But let me tell you, hunnies, when it started getting hot, I couldn’t help the guilty feeling lol. Also, it was like I felt second-hand embarrassment even though I was feeling it first-hand because I detached my self from reality.

And yet, I said to myself, “fuck it; fuck societal standards” and thoroughly enjoyed this read.

There’s a small age gap
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 20, 2018
Genre: Taboo Romance (Brother/sister)
Actual Rating: 4 stars

This is a really great love story. The way K. Webster weaves this intense and forbidden tale had me feeling all sorts of ways. I like the way she TELLS stories and I especially like how she brings them to LIFE. Basically, it's a fantastic book with an unsettling cast of characters, but overall likable. The only reason I give it four stars is because I felt like such a perv reading it. I DON'T condone ince
•PerSefone•
4 ⭐️ upgraded to 5 ⭐
because after reading several books with the same trope, Hale is still my favorite.

➸ Taboo Romance
➸ slow burn, forbidden love, secret reletionship, healing
➸ Fist person, dual POV
➸ Standalone? Yes.
➸ Cliffhanger? No.
➸ Trigger: mental illness, self-harm, suicide attempt, incest

Oh my God.
OH MY GOD .. What did I just read ?!

Is this story wrong, dirty, sick, profane and even illegal? Absolutely yes.
But .. Did I enjoy it? Hell yes, I loved every single word of this book.
I
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2.5-3 ★'s

“Nobody has to know.”

There are two sides to K.Webster...one in which she writes these fairly "normal" romance stories and then the other where the stories are totally out in left field. This one is totally left field material.

Think Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma...this one has a similar feel but just didn't have quite the same connection. The tragedy that brings Hudson and Riley together is heart breaking but the only one that really seemed to suffer was Riley.

description

And she already had the "s
BookSmacked
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOW !!! How is it that K Webster always manages to push me right the fuck out of my comfort zone and get me to read and love something that I would have normally said na huh no fucking way !!!!

And I’ll tell you I’ve tried a book before that deals with the topic this book deals with. It’s not exactly the same in terms of the situation but it’s pretty damn close and I couldn’t do it.

But Hale I loved Hale. And here’s what I will say, it’s K Webster. It’s the way she writes the story. Plain and sim
C.L. Matthews
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fucking book.
I've never said this before, but it deserves a million fucking stars. Damn. 🙌🏼
cupcakes and bookshelves
Poignant and unconventional, this book comes with a warning for a reason. Which means this book is for those who buy books because they have a warning .... like me. This book is not for everyone but for me, Hale completely blew me away. It was beautifully written and deeply moving, a romance you can believe in and root for. Absolutely breathtaking! I love books that step outside the box, and no one steps outside of the box like K. Webster does. I was captivated from beginning to end. A phenomena ...more
✩ Mira ✩
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars for being steamy?

Oof, okay I didn't like this one :-| And it wasn't because of the the taboo topic, I knew that going in, but such an idea should be handled in a specific way so that it feels right and you can actually understand what drove the characters to get together. While I was reading Hale , I couldn't help but compare it to Forbidden. And where that one made me feel for the characters and grieve with them, Hale failed.

As I said, I have a lot of problems with this book, s
Dilek VT
Feb 10, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: incest
This book, HALE, is not for everyone because it has a taboo plot line. It deals with incest – it is the love story between a brother and a sister.

I am not going to say that I disliked this book because I couldn’t handle them being brothers and sisters. I am not going to say that I couldn’t get over the incest. I just don’t go into a book if it is my hard limit. Why should I? What is the use of it if you can’t handle incest and read this book just to trash it? I see no point in it. If you can’t
♡ One Click Romance ♡
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Nobody has to know"

Hate me, unfriend me, bash me... honestly I don't care... THIS STORY WAS FUCKING EPIC!

When I first read the blurb I was hesitant, I didn't know if it was for me. If I could honestly get through it okay. The story IS sick. It's taboo as fuck. But, here I am, I read it and I loved it What. The. Fuck. Is. Wrong. With me? I don't know but, to hell with it, JUDGE ME I DON'T CARE!

The characters, Hudson and Riley they tore my heart out of my chest, they made me love them even th
Abby J Capps
Aug 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First I’ll start by saying this book is 100% TABOO.
It will NOT be for everyone!!

Now, with that said! I freaking loved this book! I don’t know how K Web does it, but she can almost always convince me to be okay with anything lol.

Hudson is literal walking perfection.
I really liked Riley’s character.
Chemistry and circumstances seemed real and believable (no I wouldn’t condone this situation in real life) and I was rooting for these characters all the way through!

Web covers some heavy topics th
Jill
4.5 Stars!!!

As soon as I saw K. Webster was releasing this I immediately had to have it. I love K. Webster. I love a good taboo romance. I swear I really am a good person, but the second I see taboo, banned, do not read... you get the picture... I HAVE to have it! Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

This one worked. The story was everything I want in a taboo romance. I cried during the first 10 minutes of reading. It was just lovely. It was super hawt! It was so, so good. K. Webster did
Book-Bosomed  blog

Please tell me this isn't being called romance!
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick read.
Nice taboo story, but my least favorite I’ve read by this so far. I didn’t feel emotionally attached to the characters like I had hoped I would.
Mackenzie
Aug 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Romeo and Juliet mood meets Flowers in the attic without the mystery plot. The taboo is real in this one y’all I mean I don’t know how much more taboo you can get this is a tale of siblings. Mmhmm siblings. The whole time I was reasoning it I kept thinking mmm okay I apparently need my head examined because K Webster got me over here rooting for this lol.

The ability to make you get invested in something like this is such an amazing talent that she always just blows me away with her storytelling
Badh
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, taboo, k-webster
Wow! I mean... Just wow. Amazing. K Webster has done it again and has just left me stunned. Every single time I think that she can't top herself, she writes something new and damn, she fucking topped herself.

K writes taboo so well, so well. And the way that she does it is so organic. She's not trying to titillate with whatever the taboo is as much as make it a living and integral part of the story, one that you can't separate from the story without doing damage to the story. That's what she's d

• Forbidden (Forbidden, #1)
  • Illicit Desires (Illicit, #1)
  • Unconditional
  • Baby Bird (Forbidden, #2)
  • Genesis
  • Pretty, Dark and Dirty
  • Love Unexpected
  • Tortured Whispers
  • Cry Little Sister
  • NORTH
  • When October Starts (Juno & Ezra, #1)
  • Sunshine and the Stalker
  • Your Dad Will Do (A Touch of Taboo #1)
  • Naughty Bits
  • Him
  • Medicine Man
  • Falling For Two
  • R.I.P.
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author. Her titles have claimed many bestseller tags in numerous categories, are translated in multiple languages, and have been adapted into audiobooks. She lives in "Tornado Alley" with her husband, two children, and her baby dog named Blue. When she's not writing, she's reading, drinking copious amounts of coffee, and researching aliens.

You can easily find