Start by marking “Hale” as Want to Read:
Hale

Hale

Note this book is only available for purchase from K Webster's website, which can be found on the author's GR page.

Warning:
This book is an epic, emotional, raw love story…
between a brother and sister.
Many won’t be able to handle that.
But if I don’t tell their story, who else will?

**********************************

He’s my everything.
I would die without him.

Because he infect
250 pages
Published June 20th 2018 by K Webster

To ask other readers questions about Hale, please sign up.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

HALE: Is a full length stand alone forbidden romance novel by K. Webster. In this we meet siblings Hudson & Rylie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hudson had three life goals pretty much set in concrete for as long as he could remember, play ball, graduate and marry his long term girlfriend Amy. But when tragedy struck things all started to change. Now his sister Rylie is going to need him now more than ever.

Rylie has psychological needs which requ
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Surprisingly I enjoyed this one a lot. Well, not TOO surprising since I love almost everything K Webster writes, but not too long ago I read a book where the hero and heroine were first cousins and romantically involved, and I was utterly grossed out the entire time I was reading it. However, I had NO issue with this one and the fact that the hero and heroine are brother and sister...go figure (lol).

description

Anyway...the writing was excellent. It was well paced. The plot was engaging and obviously taboo.
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: taboo
Hale by K Webster
GENRE: Dark Taboo
NARRATION: Dual POV
BOOK DETAILS: This book can only be purchased through her website.https://www.authorkwebster.com/
AUDIO AVAILABLE? No

MY THOUGHTS:
This is a dark forbidden/ taboo love story and I must state this is in no way a romance story.

I was apprehensive going into this admittedly, as I like to think I have an open mind when it comes taboo, but incest is such an unusual and forbidden topic, one that I have never read nor wanted to read about before.
Serena
DEAD.
DEAD.
ALLLLL. THE. DEADS.
OHMYGAWDDDD.

This is the most taboo book I've ever read. My first KWeb read and I. COULDN'T. STOP.

IT IS VERY RARE for me to spend the day MOSTLY off social media just to read. And that's what I did today. Well, fuck. My heart squeezed so hard in my chest. My mind was all over the place while reading this story. I got turned on. A LOT. A LOT turned on. But man my emotions. My love for Hudson and Rylie is HUGE. I didn't want this story to end.

OMFG. I'M DEAD OVER THIS LO
Ashi- A hopeless romantic girl :D
Because i am weird like that and besides cheating and sharing nothing stops me from reading dark reads!

And if you wanna unfriend or unfollow me!
Go Ahead buddy but i ain't hiding what i am reading

*****THREE STARS*****

First off, what possessed K. Webster to approve the cover of this book?
It's a horrible cover? Was it chosen on purpose to indicate that this story was sick because it's a romance between brother and sister? Not sure.

This isn't a hard limit for me.
In fact, I read a beautiful & heartbreaking story years ago about a taboo relationship between a brother & sister titled "Forbidden" by Tabitha Suzuma.

I don't care that this story was just "meh" and seriously nasty.
I still l
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: forbidden
The first part of this book left me disturbed and grossed out...

description

I kept reading, cause curiosity and all that.

description

Then I found myself actually rooting for this couple to defy the odds and be together???!!!

description

By the end I was smiling because we got a fairytale finale. Thank you K Webster for once again completely messing with my mind!

Let's connect!

Jillian
I had a long, well thought out review that I wrote immediately after finishing reading Hale. Unfortunately, sometime between then and now, something happened to my notepad because when I opened it, it was blank. My review of this book that I loved so much and had such pretty words to say about is gone. I'm so upset.

Until I can sit back down and put together another well thought out review, I will just leave some thoughts from the top of my head.

Hale is a taboo story that isn't for all readers.
Betty Lankovits
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorites
Beautifully written, raw, sad, emotional, real, genuine, heartbreaking.
description
I will read anything K Webster wants to put out here in the world. If she writes a novel, taboo novella, or a cook book, I will read it cover to cover! I am in awe of Kristi’s writing and courage. She took a taboo subject and made it one of the most heart wrenching love stories I have ever read.

Truly a beautiful book that will challenge your heart and mind.

Not for everyone!
crίѕтίŋα•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•
3.5 sick stars

“In my world, I exist alone, surrounded by people.
A nightmare. A paradox. A harsh sentencing for a crime I didn’t commit.
Blackness swarms around me like a cloud of angry bees.
It stings inside and out. All over.
Blackness doesn’t drown me, it poisons me.”
- Rylie Hale

* * *
“In another life, it could be us.
I don’t have to explain it to her, she knows.
Life is unfair. It stole our parents and pushed us together in a way no two siblings are supposed to love. And we can’t have it. We’re al
Mirjam
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

A happily ever after. Just a complicated one.

Warning:
This book is an epic, emotional, raw love story…
between a brother and sister.
Many won’t be able to handle that.
But if I don’t tell their story, who else will?

The queen of taboo has done it again. I do not want to get too much into detail, but this is a very controversial read, very! And as much as I can understand that there are people out there that are disgusted, probably even exasperated, I can see this happening in real life.
Just as muc
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
2.5-3 ★'s

“Nobody has to know.”

There are two sides to K.Webster...one in which she writes these fairly "normal" romance stories and then the other where the stories are totally out in left field. This one is totally left field material.

Think Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma...this one has a similar feel but just didn't have quite the same connection. The tragedy that brings Hudson and Riley together is heart breaking but the only one that really seemed to suffer was Riley.

description

And she already had the "s
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 20, 2018
Genre: Taboo Romance (Brother/sister)
Actual Rating: 4 stars

This is a really great love story. The way K. Webster weaves this intense and forbidden tale had me feeling all sorts of ways. I like the way she TELLS stories and I especially like how she brings them to LIFE. Basically, it's a fantastic book with an unsettling cast of characters, but overall likable. The only reason I give it four stars is because I felt like such a perv reading it. I DON'T condone ince
BookSmacked
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
HOW !!! How is it that K Webster always manages to push me right the fuck out of my comfort zone and get me to read and love something that I would have normally said na huh no fucking way !!!!

And I’ll tell you I’ve tried a book before that deals with the topic this book deals with. It’s not exactly the same in terms of the situation but it’s pretty damn close and I couldn’t do it.

But Hale I loved Hale. And here’s what I will say, it’s K Webster. It’s the way she writes the story. Plain and sim
Jessa
Just a warning, this is a straight up taboo romance between a brother and sister. Not steps or halves. Full siblings. Only the lord can judge me, friends.
cupcakes and bookshelves
Poignant and unconventional, this book comes with a warning for a reason. Which means this book is for those who buy books because they have a warning .... like me. This book is not for everyone but for me, Hale completely blew me away. It was beautifully written and deeply moving, a romance you can believe in and root for. Absolutely breathtaking! I love books that step outside the box, and no one steps outside of the box like K. Webster does. I was captivated from beginning to end. A phenomena ...more
Jill
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!!

As soon as I saw K. Webster was releasing this I immediately had to have it. I love K. Webster. I love a good taboo romance. I swear I really am a good person, but the second I see taboo, banned, do not read... you get the picture... I HAVE to have it! Sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t.

This one worked. The story was everything I want in a taboo romance. I cried during the first 10 minutes of reading. It was just lovely. It was super hawt! It was so, so good. K. Webster did
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Nobody has to know"

Hate me, unfriend me, bash me... honestly I don't care... THIS STORY WAS FUCKING EPIC!

When I first read the blurb I was hesitant, I didn't know if it was for me. If I could honestly get through it okay. The story IS sick. It's taboo as fuck. But, here I am, I read it and I loved it What. The. Fuck. Is. Wrong. With me? I don't know but, to hell with it, JUDGE ME I DON'T CARE!

The characters, Hudson and Riley they tore my heart out of my chest, they made me love them even thou
Quick read.
Nice taboo story, but my least favorite I’ve read by this so far. I didn’t feel emotionally attached to the characters like I had hoped I would.
Badh
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k-webster, taboo, romance
Wow! I mean... Just wow. Amazing. K Webster has done it again and has just left me stunned. Every single time I think that she can't top herself, she writes something new and damn, she fucking topped herself.

K writes taboo so well, so well. And the way that she does it is so organic. She's not trying to titillate with whatever the taboo is as much as make it a living and integral part of the story, one that you can't separate from the story without doing damage to the story. That's what she's d
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm sick and he's caught the sickness too
This book is not for everyone. Check your triggers/ morals at the door and enter the FORBIDDENLANDIA where birth relations don't matter, social diktats don't matter, preset norms don't matter.
What matters in this Kristi created world is Love. Simple. You could take it or leave it, but the fact remains that you can't erase love. A couple is hanging onto their dear lives, anchoring each other as they are drowning in grief.
in my world, I exist alone, s
C.L. Matthews
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fucking book.
I've never said this before, but it deserves a million fucking stars. Damn. 🙌🏼
Natalie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: taboo, banned-books
Yep; I read it. Not ashamed to admit it either. And It was good.

To all the haters....
• Did you read the content warning? It’s no surprise what the story is about.
• It’s FICTION. Yep, also known as a story that’s NOT true.

Moving on.

This book is TABOO (obviously from the blurb). Being the mature adult that I am, who appreciates well written fiction with a twist, I took the plunge and I enjoyed this story. It kept me intrigued and kept me waiting on the edge of my seat for what would happen ne
Ella Star
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the dark, we can be whoever we want to be. In the dark, we can make love. Nobody has to know.

It has been a long time since a book made me feel ALL THE FEELS like Hale did. I literally read it in one day which is super crazy for me because I’m a notoriously slow reader… But I. Could. Not. Put. This. Down!!!

A completely taboo topic – the author was forced to publish this on her website, not even Amazon – and I was immediately game. I’ve read a bunch of K Webster books before and am very rarel
Aisha  ☠️☠️
Jun 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: regret-reading
W. T. F. Is this????????🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Book-Bosomed  blog

Please tell me this isn't being called romance!
Priya
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really don't understand people and their criticism about this one. People it's just a book..!! Calm down.. !!

I am a differently good and unique person. I owe a dark/forbidden/taboo book. So not reading this book was not an option. And when people cringe at something and ask you not to do, there's this unique pleasure in doing that.

This is a forbidden taboo book. A unique plot, Good writing. Yes the plot is really unusual but THIS IS JUST A BOOK. So just read it and get it over with.
I don't su
~ Cariad ~
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great taboo read, but if I'm honest, I thought it ran a little long.
Anna Valsa
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
totally fucked up ...but soooo good! 👫⚠
nikki
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS. BOOK. 😩 HALE is, without a doubt, THE MOST taboo book I have ever read. It is raw, unconventional, emotional and, in its own way, downright beautiful. When it comes to this kind of storyline, K Webster is QUEEN!!!!! I trust her completely to tell the story of her characters, no matter how TABOO it is. She has blown me away with Hudson and Rylies story. Please note, there is a warning on this book for a reason, so I beg of you, go into it with an open mind.
  • Enigma: The Final Chapter (Enigma #4)
  • The Forever Broken (The Broken)
  • Julian - Dark Angel Series Companion Novella
  • Emancipation Proclamation
  • Finding Rhiannon (Lilith's Army MC, #2)
  • The Goodbye Girl (Red Market, #2)
  • Monster (Animal, #2)
  • Absolution
  • Hayden (Four Sons, #2)
K Webster is a USA Today Bestselling author of over sixty romance books in many different genres including dark romance, taboo romance, contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her supportive husband and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.

Her other passions besides writing include read