Start by marking “Ollie and the Starchaser” as Want to Read:
Ollie and the Starchaser

Ollie and the Starchaser

Nanoo is Ollies beloved grandmother. She is not a typical gran who sits knitting scratchy jumpers and drinking tea; shes an astronomer. She knows amazing things and can point out all the stars and their names. Nanoo discovered the planet Terenza a trillion light years away, a galaxy east of the Moon. So when Nanoo disappears, Ollie cannot accept shes gone. Hes worried and ...more
Published June 14th 2018 by Balboa Press Au

To ask other readers questions about Ollie and the Starchaser, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ollie and the Starchaser

Start your review of Ollie and the Starchaser
Rachael
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An excellent adventure that beautifully articulates the very special relationship between kids and their grandparents (and kids and their dogs!). Its a story for kids, but one that lingers with adults, about grief and about family. I loved the evocative descriptions of both the landscape and the characters, the humour, and the gorgeous illustrations that brought the story to life. Highly recommended. ...more
Anne-Marie Davis
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After having read this book I felt like I had been on an amazing adventure with characters who had become so familiar to me. The illustrations are delightful. This book is full of fun with some great humour yet manages to deal with the concept of grief in such a meaningful and understandable way for children. Its not only a must read for 8-12 year olds but for their parents too.
Deb
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I won this book on Goodreads. This book is a good read for a child. They can easily use their imagination and learn from Ollie's experiences. The author included a letter talking about her side of the story and signed the book. It is definitely a goodread in children's literature. Hats off to Tanya Southey and I hope she write more Ollie stories for me to share with my grandkids.
Amanda Booth
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My 8 year old nephew Niko wrote the following review (he read the book in 24 hrs - couldn't put it down!).

It is a science fiction book about a boy called Ollie who lost his Nanoo. Starchaser comes to earth on a meteor and sunbeam from planet Terenza and lands in Ollies back garden. He has lost his Ginka too. The story is about their friendship to help find Nanoo and Ginka. I liked this book because its about friendship and helping each other. I give it 5 Stars

Kanni
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful little story, embraced with delightful drawings! Ollie and the Starchaser follows the adventure of a little boy (Ollie) and his dog (Cloe) in search of his much-loved grandmother Nanoo. Full of suspense and magic Ollie and the Starchaser is well-written and delighful.
Beryl Crosher-Segers
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a magical book. The lovable characters, the illustrations and the pace in the story makes this an excellent read to captivate young minds. I would highly recommend this book to children and to the child in every adult. I can see this story turned into a movie!
Anne Beine
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully written and illustrated. This magical and adventurous story demonstrates eternal love in this life and the one hereafter as well as encouragement to follow one's dreams.
Elena Paige
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous book and wonderful story. So endearing, and a fantastic message for kids about losing someone you love. Beautiful!
Bern
Jul 15, 2018 added it
A magical book with captivating characters. I devoured it - read it in one sitting. A lovely book for children AND adults!
Booklovers Melbourne
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review also published on http://bookloversmelbourne.blogspot.com/2014/04/home.html

It is often acknowledged that childrens literature is devoured just as hungrily by the adult purchasers as the intended young readers. I became another proof-point to this widely accepted truth last week when I found myself lazing on the couch by the fireplace on a wintry Sunday afternoon as the wind and rain howled outside, riveted to a copy of Ollie and the Starchaser, aimed at 8 12 year olds.

Written by debut
LitPick Book Reviews
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In Ollie and the Starchaser by Tanya Southey, Ollie enjoys spending his free time with his dog, Chloe, and his grandmother he calls Nanoo. One day, while traveling to the Astronomy Centre near the Australian Outback for a working vacation, she has a car accident and mysteriously disappears. Everyone in the family is upset, and nothing seems to go right for Ollie afterwards. As weeks go by, he misses her more than ever, and he just wants her back.

Suddenly, a boy named Starchaser and his dog Buddy
Josie Fakira
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From my 7 year old daughter Katelin;
I love the book so much that i would of given it infinite stars. I love it so much because discovering a new planet and meeting a person who came from it is pretty cool!! It is so amazing. I definitely recommend it for your child!!
Tara Lister
Jul 13, 2018
Dr FJ Cilliers
Nov 07, 2019
Helena
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My children (ages 10 and 7) loved this book. Thumbs up!
Melissa Cheresnick