Start by marking “Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween!” as Want to Read:
Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween!

Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween!

It’s Halloween! The twins Luke and Lottie are so excited.They are going trick-or-treating!
A cheerful and simple story about Halloween.For brave ghosts and witches ages 3 and up.
Published August 10th 2018 by Clavis Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween!

Calista
I thought this story was rather bland. It was aimed at young kids age 2-4. The artwork is warm and stylized. It's about Halloween day and the excitement of getting ready to trick-or-treat. In no way is it a bad story. I was simply bored by it. It had little interest for me. Halloween is my favorite too. I don't know why I didn't connect with the book. Maybe it's an off day for me.

The kids thought it was fine. The nephew gave this book a 4 and wondered why no one was dressed up as a ghostbuster.
Etienne
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A simple but pretty book that tell a really soft Halloween story. It's a good way to introduce, explain and talk about the concept of Halloween so the young one could understand and have an idea of what it's before actually live it, and so, they won't be scare by it. For the very young, but a good book!
Melki
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: halloween, kidstuff
Halloween brings many exciting activities for the twins. Cute enough, but there's really nothing to make this one stand out in a crowd of holiday books.
Carla Johnson-Hicks
This is a cute Hallowe'en story for young children. It is not scary at all. In simple text, Ruth Wielockx describes what the family goes through to decorate, get treats ready and decide on costumes. On the night they go out, Dad goes with them and he is also in a costume. The illustrations are cute with smiling children and non-scary costumes. For children new to this holiday, this would also be a great book to teach them about North American customs. This is a great book for a family library or ...more
Mehsi
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

It is a bit early for Halloween (not that it is really celebrated here), but I just couldn't resist this one any longer. Not only because it is super hot here and I am melting, so I could use a book about spooks and ghouls and fall, but also because I just adore Ruth Wielockx' books.

This one was just so adorable, we follow Luke and Lottie as they celebrate Halloween. We see them mentioning their outfits way before the trick or
Ana
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents who want to introduce Halloween traditions to their younger children
This is a calm, warm story about a family enjoying Halloween ( mom, dad and two twins, a boy and a girl). It's described the time they enjoy together. First in the preparations, with the decorating, the cooking, the sweets. And then when they go trick-or-treating.

The illustrations are joyful and colorful, even when the background is darker. A simple story to tell younger kids around these festive days. A cozy good-night read, where Halloween isn't scary at all but festive. A truly Happy Hallowe
Molly Cluff (Library!)
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halloween
Twin siblings help prepare halloween decorations and snacks, then go trick or treating. Cute, colorful illustrations
Sandra
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Lottie. It's Halloween! by Ruth Wielockx is a delightful children's book for very young readers.

Luke and Lottie are getting ready for Halloween by getting the costumes, making yummy desserts and trick-or-treating.
Charming illustrations along with imaginative snack recipes are an added bonus. My kids can't wait for the end of October to try them out.
Well explained each segment of the holiday introduces it to the little readers and familiarizes them with what to expect.

One of the best boo
Stacy
A cute Halloween book for younger children. The illustrations are well done.
Sally Wilsey
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Luke and Lottie are twins going trick or treating for the first time. Luke will be a ghost and Lottie a witch. This is a great book to introduce the traditions of Halloween to little ones. From carving pumpkins, dressing up and making treats for the trick or treaters this book walks you through it. I really liked the fact that Dad and some of the other adults dressed up too. I recommend this book for 2-4 year olds or beginner readers. The illustrations are colorful and fun to look at and the boo ...more
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth
Coming soon...
Jessica (Spooky KidLit & We Who Walk Here, Walk Alone)
Beautiful illustrations and vibrant colors liven up a sweet, simple story about trick-or-treating and Halloween fun.

My thanks to Clavis Publishing and NetGalley for providing a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
JESSICA
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short , cute, colorful Illustrations. Halloween time is a favorite for our family... Read This to my 5 yr old. And he got upset because the mommy in the book didn't go trick treating with them (Dad, Luke and Lottie) Lol.

*received ARC from Netgalley
Ryan
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This is another is a small series of Luke and Lottie. Two kids who do things together because they are brother and sister. This time it’s trick or treating. One will be a witch and the other a ghost. And dad shall be going too. They meet up with other kids and walk house to house. The story is typical night at Halloween following kids. Nothing bad, but also nothing special.
Paul Franco
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
A small brother/sister duo prepare for their first Halloween, which doesn’t bode well because they’re easily scared of the decorations.
There must not be a lot of streetlights in this neighborhood, considering the big lanterns they carry. And because they’re holding hands with Dad, they’re not gonna be able to carry their bags full of candy.
There’s one shot I love where Dad’s dressed up as a vampire and pretending to be scared of the ghost and the witch, and in the background Mom is giggling.
I le
Jo
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I agree with the age range that is assigned for it.

The artwork is adorable and simple, good for the age range. Since I read this through Amazon I cannot say 100% how the font/size is for the writing in a more kid-book-look so you'll have to view that on your own.

If you teach in a school that allows Halloween themed books for the lower grades... this would fit in nicely. But if not, this works for at home / carry around during the holidays.

Downloaded through Netgalle
Cassandra
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A short cute book about Luke and Lottie on Halloween. They make some treats with mom and carve Jack-O-Lanterns with dad. Then they dress up and head out for Trick-or-Treating with their dad. Along the way, they meet family and friends. Of course, they knock on doors and say "Trick-or-Treat and get lots of treats. The story is short with more than just a few words on a page, but not too many. This is a good book to read to elementary school students or children at home. This is not a beginner rea ...more
Kim
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a cute Halloween book. I love how the twins Luke and Lottie are so excited about the decorations and costumes. The illustrations are adorable. This is a great non-scary way to introduce Halloween customs to small children. This would be a great addition to an elementary school library or classroom or for parents of preschool-aged children.

I received a copy through NetGalley and opinions expressed are my own.
Beth
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a cute book for Halloween. I like celebrating holidays and this is a precious book to share. Twins Luke and Lottie talk about dressing up in their costumes to go trick or treating in their neighborhood. They Share the people that they meet while out. They also carve pumpkins at home and make special fruit treats for Halloween. These are easy treats that can be made at home with your little trick or treater. Very young children will enjoy having this story read to them during the month of ...more
Siusan
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Luke and Lottie It's Halloween is an adorable, cute, fun book for very young children. Luke and Lottie prepare for Halloween and go trick or treating with their mom and dad. The story is simple yet entertaining about this special day in Luke and Lottie's life. The illustrations are amusing and colorful. A young child will enjoy spotting all the fun little hidden treasures in the drawings to include the hedgehog. The use of traditional Halloween colors of purple, yellow, and orange create a spook ...more
Theediscerning
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A perfectly illustrated instance of a family going on a Hallowe'en begging parade, with no drama or anything beyond being scared by a decoration before the kids have even left home. As you might manage to guess, I really don't like the 'festival' (for which read 'childish blackmail session') but beyond that the book is perfectly acceptable for the very young, with a real messy household having real friendly times.
Elley Murray
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, childrens, netgalley
This is a really cute book about two children celebrating Halloween with their family. I just wish there had been more diversity in it, especially when they show all the little kids in the neighborhood out trick-or-treating and there is ONE black child among all the white faces. That being said, it's a fun read for Halloween about the type of things kids to do celebrate Halloween. It would be fun to read with small children leading up to Halloween to get them in the holiday mood.
Literary Soirée
A fun introduction to Halloween for the littlest readers, with beautiful illustrations and simple text that prepares youngsters for the holiday. Shows twins Luke and Lottie with their parents having a fine Halloween adventure. 5/5

Thanks to the author, Clavis Publishing and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

#LukeAndLottie.It'sHalloween! #NetGalley
Cat
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice addition to a Halloween collection! I think little ones would enjoy this as a Halloween gift to get ready for the big day! For real little ones, it might give them insight as to what exactly Halloween and trick or treating is! Cute tale great illustrations!

I received a Kindle ARc in exchange for a fair review from Netgalley.
Jeanne Grace
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Clavis Publishing for my unbiased opinion of the book. The book started out with Luke and Lottie getting ready for Halloween. Suddenly, the book abruptly ends? There was no real story or meaning behind the book. The graphics and colors were well done but again the story was lacking.
Kate
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a cute little story!!

This book tells the story of little Luke and Lottie's Halloween. My kids thought it was a fun read and really enjoyed the cute pictures throughout. This one will definitely be one they want me to read to them over and over again!

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Literaturealatte (Jalyn)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is simple and cute! It follows twins, Luke and Lottie through their trick or treating adventure. It will definitely be in my Halloween book rotation. My daughter loved having it read to her and she is 16 months old.
Amanda Williams
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very short and sweet little children's book about going trick or treating. What do I think about this book? Personally, I think it's spooktacular.
Melissa Lee
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, netgalley
Luke and Lottie is a fun story about twin siblings enjoying the Halloween festivities. Colourful illustrations show the children as they dress up in their costumes, do some holiday baking and of course, go trick or treating. Young children will love the pictures and the story will add to their excitement for the spooky-est day of the year. Parents will enjoy Luke and Lottie. It’s Halloween because it will bring back fond memories of traditions that have been carried on through the years.
Jenn
This was a delightful book about Halloween! I thought the illustrations were adorable and loved the children's interactions with each other and their parents. I thought the Halloween snacks they made out of fruits were very clever - only to find out from the author's intro that she studied nutrition and dietetics! I definitely have to snag a copy for Gabby now!