Start by marking “A Lord Apart (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Lord Apart (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #2)

A Lord Apart

(The Way to a Lord's Heart #2)

Family secrets, an unlikely alliance―and a love neither expected...

After his parents' sudden death, Daniel Frith, Viscount Whitfield, is struggling to unravel a web of chaotic family records. He is astonished to learn his father's will contains a mysterious legacy: a house left to a complete stranger. He knows nothing about the beautiful Penelope Pendleton and he's not sur
Expected publication: March 26th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about A Lord Apart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Lord Apart

Pelusa Rivera
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series, I have not read the first book but wish I had not that I was lost or that this can not be read as a standalone, I just like to start from the beginning. We meet Daniel Firth(Viscount Whitfield) he finds out that his father willed Rose Cottage to someone, who and why did he do that. Then we meet Penelope Pendleton who is the one that Rose Cottage was willed to, and it happens just when she needs it, but why was it left to her. Penelope and Daniel team up to ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think Daniel gets quite shocked with his girl's boldness, the nan doesn't know what to do, “did you like it?” she asked. Daniel groped for words. One didn’t speak to young ladies about such matters. It wasn’t done. They would be scandalized and offended." I liked this book, I liked Daniel. It was an enjoyable read.
Lusie
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This historical romance was a nice and quick read. I liked how detailed it was. Though the characters were a bit flat and the romance lacked chemistry.

I received an advanced readers copy from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Leah
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical, romance
I loved this second book in Ms. Ashford’s The Way to a Lord’s Heart series. I found it just as enjoyable as the first. This story tells a tale of romance, but the hero and heroine are not the typical characters found in historical romances. The heroine doesn’t want to be rescued and the hero doesn’t see himself as such.
Daniel Frith, Viscount Whitfield, unexpectedly came into his title when his parents were killed in a shipwreck returning to India. Although, Daniel didn’t have a good or remotely
Debra Martin
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Daniel Frith, Viscount Whitfield, feels unprepared to put the estate in order after the untimely death of his aloof parents. All his life he has felt marginalized by his parents who traveled the world and the piles of paperwork they left behind gives him no insight into why they were always absent during his childhood. When he finds that Rose Cottage on the estate has a new owner, Miss Penelope Pendleton, he's even more confused. Who is this woman and how did she come to own a cottage on his est ...more
Amary Chapman
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
A sweet romantic historical, with a bit of intrigue. This is the second book in The Way to a Lord's Heart series.
Daniel Frith, aka Viscount Whitfield has a mystery on his hands. Who has his father willed the Rose Cottage to...and why?
The fact Penelope Pendleton was willed the Rose Cottage was a blessing in the hell her life had become, At no fault of her own. She'd like to know why, but she has no clue.
Searching for answers together, they not only find them... but also trouble. It's followed
Michelle
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pub date: Mar 2019
3.5 A gentle and sweet historical romance between two people with baggage. I liked Penelope's spirit and Daniel's vulnerability, and the little mystery of his mother's notebooks was a great addition.
Pamela
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Daniel Frith, Viscount Whitfield, is still coming to terms with his parents' recent death. When Daniel learns the Rose Cottage, one of his parents' properties was left to a complete stranger, he is baffled. Thus begins Daniel's fascination with his new neighbor, the owner of Rose Cottage, Penelope Pendleton.

Penelope leaps at the chance to help Daniel straighten up his important papers. While they are going through them, maybe they can discover why the cottage was given to her. Unfortunately, the
Kim Vanravenswaay
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I thought this book was odd, and not in a good way. It seemed that the book was set with Penelope and Daniel trying to find the reason why she was left Rose Cottage. So they spent almost the whole book looking through more than 100 years worth of receipts and documents trying to find the reason. Boring right? I did enjoy the first book in this series so I wanted to give it the benefit. Now I wish I hadn't. I only hope that the next book with be a lot more entertaining.
Meccalynette
Jan 14, 2019
Kat
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Some books start out with a bang. The hero and heroine are instantly in love - and lust. Others meander pleasantly along, letting our leads get to actually know and like each other before love comes to call. This lovely story fits in the second category.

Penelope Pendleton is moving into Rose Cottage, after having to move from her family home. This cottage was willed to her by a mysterious benefactor; she knows not who or why. Daniel Frith, the fairly newly minted Viscount Whitfield, comes across
Katrina
Jan 13, 2019
Caro
Jan 22, 2019
Mel
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just as she was reaching the end of her rope, Penelope was left Rose Cottage by a stranger. The owner of the surrounding estate, the new Viscount Whitfield, wants to solve the mystery behind his father bequeathing Rose Cottage to a stranger. Penelope and Viscount Whitfield stumble into the mystery and into each other.

A sweet, funny read.
Christina
Dec 19, 2018
Briann
Dec 20, 2018
Jane Ashford discovered Georgette Heyer in junior high school and was entranced by the glittering world and witty language of Regency England. That delight was part of what led her to study English literature and travel widely in Britain and Europe. She has lived in New York, Boston and LA. Today, she is somewhat nomadic.

Jane has written historical and contemporary romances. Her books have been pu

The Way to a Lord's Heart (3 books)
  • Brave New Earl (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #1)
  • How to Cross a Marquess (The Way to a Lord's Heart, #3)