Start by marking “The Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter (Mad Wolf's Daughter #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter (Mad Wolf's Daughter #2)

The Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter

(Mad Wolf's Daughter #2)

The companion to a New York Times Editors’ Choice and Kids’ Indie Next List Pick—a heart-pounding adventure starring a strong heroine who is battling the challenges of being a legend—perfect for reading aloud with the whole family.

In this Scottish medieval adventure, after attempting a daring rescue of her war-band family, Drest learns that Lord Faintree’s traitorous unc
Published March 5th 2019 by Kathy Dawson Books

Diane Magras
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
News

So the cover art is truly final, and I couldn't be more pleased. Antonio Javier Caparo did an incredible job depicting Drest, Tig, and Emerick here (and check out Mordag in the sky!). I feel so lucky to have this amazing artist put his time and talent into creating my characters. And there's going to be a surprise on the back cover this time around, which I'll share once I have my author copy. But for now, here's the front in all its glory!

Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter Cover

In other news, it's very exciting to see a wee bit o
Karen McKenna
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After saving her entire family and Lord Faintree, Drest is not done being on the run. Now her family, her friend Lord Emerick, and Drest are on the run from Emerick's uncle and the knights of the kingdom who would capture and kill them. Once again, Drest must use her wits and trust her friends to save her life and those she loves. Drest's adventure is non-stop action with enough twists to keep readers up late to finish. I love this book, and I know my middle school students will too. There is re ...more
Kathie
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-03
A huge thank you to the author and Penguin Kids for providing #bookportage with an ARC of her upcoming release. I actually approached Diane about sharing an ARC with us because THE MAD WOLF'S DAUGHTER was one of my favorite reads last year, and I couldn't wait to read about Drest's next adventure. Sequels can sometimes lack some of the excitement of the first book, but it's possible that I enjoyed this book as much (dare I say more?) than the first one.

In this adventure, Drest is wanted...for mu
Laura Gardner
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to author @dianemagras and @penguinkids for the free book to share with @kidlitexchange!
~
~
BRAVE. FAITHFUL. LEGEND.
Drest is my very favorite heroine of all time! I am thrilled to have an early copy of this #mglit historical fiction/adventure book. It comes out 3/6/19 and is the sequel to THE MAD WOLF'S DAUGHTER, one of my top 16 middle grade reads for 2018. The sequel did NOT disappoint. If anything, there's more adventure and more excitement in this book. Double crossings, hidden passage
Lesley Burnap
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fast-paced companion to The Mad Wolf’s Daughter! We pick up where the author last left us with Drest, Emerick, Tig...and without giving away any spoilers, as my copy is an ARC, resolves the story with a satisfying conclusion. Ahhh! Loved “seeing” Da & the brothers in action (after just hearing them in Drest’s head-part of the first book’s charm, I believe)! But I have more questions now that I think would make for a prequel (Da & the boys), or a reunion (you’ll get nothing from me here ...more
K.A.
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would follow Drest anywhere. This is a fast-paced read filled with action and intrigue and wee Drest growing into a full-fledged warrior. I loved every second. I SO WISHED I had a main character like this to follow as a young girl! Highly recommend.
Michele Knott
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved meeting Drest in The Mad Wolf's Daughter. But I loved seeing her grow as this tough character who becomes her own person within her crazy and rule-following war-band family.
Lorie Barber
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hmmmm... how to give this sequel the praise it deserves without spoilers?

Well, it’s simple: The Hunt for the Mad Wolf’s Daughter is one of the best sequels I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. If you haven’t read it, read its predecessor, The Mad Wolf’s Daughter, first. This one begins shortly after the first one ends, and assumes (rightly) that you are familiar with both characters and conflicts.

Yet it’s so much more. Drest’s personal journey of discovery, the power of women, and the true bo
Anne O'Brien Carelli
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this wonderful companion to The Mad Wolf's Daughter. Full of adventure, action, and a very persistent, strong "wee lass" of a main character! Highly recommend for middle grade boys and girls who like a compelling story set in medieval times.
Kristen
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you loved the first book, you won't be disappointed in Magras' second offering. Follow Drest, Emerick and Tig as they set out to return Emerick to his rightful place as Lord of Faintree Castle, and to free Drest from the dreaded 'Wolf's Head' bounty that has been placed upon her. Drest continues to delight and impress, and the friendship between she and the two boys is a strong one, filled with mutual respect and genuine affection. If all historical fiction were this good, I think kids would ...more
Shari
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE HUNT FOR THE MAD WOLF’S DAUGHTER by Diane Magras is a thrilling, action-packed adventure that picks up right where the first book left off. Drest, Emerick, Tig, and Grimbol’s war-band must find a way to defeat the evil Oswyn and reclaim Emerick’s castle. Drest especially must face incredible dangers and overcome one obstacle after another to find her own path. I loved spending more time with these characters, and meeting new ones, including some strong women that each impact Drest in their o ...more
Ariana
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Originally posted on: The Quirky Book Nerd

*I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review*

I read and absolutely adored the first novel in this series, The Mad Wolf’s Daughterbut, at the time, I believed it would be a standalone. So a few months ago, when I discovered there would be a sequel, I was ecstatic. And this novel absolutely did not disappoint. It is impossible to not be pulled into this story and become wrapped up in the lives of these vivid
Kristin Crouch
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Diane Magras and Kathy Dawson Books for sharing a copy of The Hunt for Mad Wolf's Daughter with Collabookation.
**I am sure, if you are reading this, you know that this book is the second in the Mad Wolf series. Like any good sequel, it can stand alone. However, the first is so fantastic that, as painful as settin this one aside may be, reading the first will only enhance the second.
In The Hunt for Mad Wolf's Daugher, Drest quickly reunites with Tig and Emerick, but it's a bitterswee
Laurie Hnatiuk
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
NOTE: I am grateful to author Diane Magras for sharing her ARC to the Cdn reading group #bookportage in return for my honest review.

Picking off where the first book Mad Wolf’s Daughter left off, Drest has rescued Lord Emerick and flees from the castle with him. In this action-packed sequel Emerick's uncle has cleverly taken over the castle claiming that Drest has murdered Emerick. As the new Lord he has placed a bounty on Drest's head and is using all his new power to hunt down both Drest, Emer
Katie Reilley
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to the author and Penguin Kids for sharing an ARC with our #bookexpedition group!

Note: If you haven’t read Magras’ first book, The Mad Wolf’s Daughter, do that first prior to enjoying this one.

The Hunt for the Mad Wolf’s Daughter picks up right where book one ends. Drest is wanted for the (false) murder of Emerick, the true Lord Faintree, by his traitorous Uncle Oswyn. She needs to get Emerick home to his castle to prove he’s alive and that Oswyn is a fraud. Tough task, with
Deanna Holdsworth
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing adventure that you won't soon forget.
Drest is the daughter of Mad Wolf and she has just rescued her father, brothers and the future king Emerick. Emerik is injured but anxious to return to his castle, his Kingdom believes he is dead and that Drest has killed him. Because of this Drest has a "Wolf's Head" on her which means that if you kill her you will receive an award of great worth. So, as many are trying to find and kill her she is determined to be with Emerick and help him get hi
Niki
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
NOTE: I received an ARC, through Diane Magras, from a book sharing group, Book Portage, in exchange for my honest review.

The Hunt of Mad Wolf's Daughter is an amazing sequel. Brimming with action and adventure, The Hunt of Mad Wolf's Daughter continues the story of Drest, her faithful friends, and the vengeful folk out to get her. Drest has rescued her family from certain death at the castle, but now finds herself on the run, with a price on her head.

Magras' writing style is sure to captivate (
Melanie Sumrow
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't wait to see what happened next with Drest, and the author did not disappoint! This book provides the fast-paced adventure I'd come to expect. But what I love most about this book is Drest's growth. In the midst of life-altering circumstances, she comes to terms with who she is and learns to assert herself, even when those she loves may not approve. Drest is endearing because she's brave, but always evaluating and considerate of others. I also adore her companions, Emerick and Tig, who ...more
A.M. Morgen
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved The Mad Wolf's Daughter, and the sequel did not disappoint. It picked up right where the last book left off with Drest on the run, but still not sure if she should trust her family or her new friends. The plot is action-packed from start to finish with some twists and turns that I never saw coming. I hope there is a third book!
Wendy MacKnight
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
Spectacular sequel! The Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter had me on the edge of my seat, rooting for Drest, Emmerick, Tig, and her family. Personally, I am hoping for more adventures, as Diane Magras has created a brilliant world that I'd like to learn even more about! Beautifully written, with characters you root for (and against!). Well done!
Donna
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great adventure story. Drest is a likable main character and one I would never want to be on the wrong side of. We learn a bit more about her, her relationship with her father, and a bit more about her mother. There are traitors, villains, and lots of action with swords. Thanks to Drest, Emerick lives and becomes the lord he was meant to be.

Can be read as a stand alone.
Alma  Ramos-McDermott
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When last we saw Drest she was on the run with Emerick and her family, chased by his evil uncle who wants him dead. Her adventures begin anew in the village where she, Emerick, her friend Tig, and her family have sought shelter. Read the rest of the review on my blog: https://shouldireaditornot.wordpress....
Crystal
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the first book to my 4th grade class as a read aloud (even trying a really bad Scottish accent). The kids loved the first book so much, they begged for the 2nd one. So I finished the 2nd one and wow! It did not disappoint. It had crazy action throughout the whole book. The big reveal at the end, my mouth dropped! An amazing sequel, which is hard to do!
Christiana Doucette
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Pretty sure I'll be rereading this book. I started and finished it in one day. Such intense adventures for Drest, Emerick, and Tig. I loved getting to read more of adventures alongside her father and brothers.
Ann
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drest is a bada$$. I would choose her to defend my honor any day!
Theresa Milstein
This was a satisfying way to finish this story, but I'll be happy if there's a third book.

Is there going to be a third book?

Yapha
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Excellent follow up to The Mad Wolf's Daughter. Drest remains brave and true in this action packed adventure through medieval Scotland. Highly recommended for grades 4 & up. (Please read in order.)
Jenna (Falling Letters)
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, middle-grade, 2019
I think I enjoyed this sequel even more than the first book!
Lewis
Jan 30, 2019
Julia Nichols
Mar 19, 2019
Goodreads Librari...: Remove Cover 3 21 Jan 09, 2019 05:06PM
Diane Magras is author of the NYT Editors' Choice The Mad Wolf's Daughter , as well as its sequel, The Hunt for the Mad Wolf's Daughter .

All things medieval fascinate Diane: castles, abbeys, swords, manuscripts, and the daily life of medieval people, especially those who weren’t royalty. Diane lives in Maine with her husband and son and thinks often of Scotland, where her books are set.

Mad Wolf's Daughter (2 books)
  • The Mad Wolf's Daughter (Mad Wolf's Daughter #1)