Start by marking “Hiro Loves Kite: Nora and Kettle’s story continues. (A Paper Stars Novel Book 2)” as Want to Read:

Hiro Loves Kite: Nora and Kettle’s story continues.

(Paper Stars #2)

The captivating story of Nora and Kettle continues in Hiro Loves Kite, the second installment in the award-winning Paper Stars historical fiction series by Lauren Nicole Taylor.

We offer our wounds and scars. Understanding that is part of what makes us beautiful.

Nora finally has her beloved sister Frankie back, but that's just the beginning of their struggles. She must
Kindle Edition
Published August 27th 2018 by Clean Teen Publishing

Start your review of Hiro Loves Kite: Nora and Kettle’s story continues. (A Paper Stars Novel Book 2)
Mandi Goodwin
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off let me say I loved the first book. This book blew me out of the water by how amasing it was, there is truth in the feelings of the book and characters. And I feel in love with all of them. The emotions it caused me so expierence were amazing and this was equally as good as the first. I was sad when I was finished with this book because I never wanted this story to end!
Cynthia (Bingeing On Books)
Such a beautiful book! I loved seeing Kettle (now Hiro) and Kite again. I loved that we found out what Kettle's real name was. The writing is so exquisite and the characters are wonderful. I will say that it was a little slow in parts and took me a while to really get into it. But towards the end, I could not put it down. Great conclusion to their story! ...more
Melissa Krider
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hiro loves Kite. He really does.
There is so much I want to say, but I don't think there is a word in existence that accurately captures the magic Lauren Nicolle Taylor has given us in this enchanting chapter of Nora and Hiro's tale. It's a beautifully woven depiction of family and friendship. Each word is weighted with all of the uncertainty, sadness, hope, and love these characters feel so well, that I was transported. An invisible outsider getting a secret look into their tumultuous lives. I f
Doris Marcantel
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about Author Lauren Nicolle Taylor's new book Hiro Loves Kite? It's absolutely positively fantabulous!!!!! I absolutely love the evolvement of Nora and Kettle into Hiro and Kite. I could absolutely now see them as Hiro and Kite! I have no negatives to say about this book. It kept my attention the entire time and I loved how the story ended. It is so hard to say much without giving spoilers away!!! You just have to read it for yourself to experience Lauren Taylor at her best with h ...more
Stef White
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Tamar Elmensdorp-lijzenga
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has so much sadness in it, yet they never ever really lose hope. It's hard to hold onto, but when you try your best to see the good things, you might be able to leave the bad things behind. ...more
Annetta Vairo imparato
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved every minute

Nora and Kettle seemed like a hard book to follow, but this sequel does that and more. I would love to see their story continue!
Bel
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cayla Quinton
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing! I was immediately sucked in. I cried. My heart exploded. I couldn't put it down. It was a fantastic book! ...more
Rachel Stansel
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first story and the 3rd, but had missed the second. I finally had a chance and was once again quickly pulled in by Hiro (Kettle), Nora (Kite), the Kings and Frankie. Beautifully written, these characters are endearing and I was sad to have their stories end.

Bailey
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kendra McIntyre
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The story is Nora and Kettle continues, and I couldn’t wait to complete the story. It did not disappoint. Nora is now a King, Kite, and she comes to know Kettle, Hiro, more and more. The struggle for each of them continues as Hiro strives to protect his Kings and accept that he deserves good things in his life. Kite strives to protect her sister and escape their abusive father for good while also learn and adapt to what it means to be a King. The love all of these characters have for each other ...more
Vanessa
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
So happy to have finished Nora (Kite) and Hiro's (Kettle) story.

There story reminds me of, Kintsugi (金継ぎ, "golden joinery"), or Kintsukuroi (金繕い, "golden repair"), which is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum. For these characters all the human imperfections, traumas, fears, the things that make a person feel broken or flawed are made beautiful and strengthen the spirit.

Love is always stronger than hate, and finding y
Bethany Cousins
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"With a sigh like the last of an autumn breeze, stripping the leaves from the tree and letting them dance down the sidewalk, I know I have to let some things go."
I'm not usually one for romance, but this was exquisite. Never mind the fact that it draws inspiration from one of my favourite stories of all time, it is outstanding all on its own. Hiro Loves Kite is a mesmerising continuation of their tale. I cannot get enough of Lauren Nicolle Taylor's writing, the poetic storytelling that weaves su
Karen Kepner
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable abuse and a loving heart

The story of Kite (Nora) and Kettle (Hiro) continues in this awful telling of horrific abuse and scars from years of abuse for both of them, Nora’s both mental and physical; Hiro’s more mental. How love grows and does conquer all is inspiring and heartwarming.
Trena
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit that I thought the first book was one of the best books I have ever read. I waited to read this one it did not let me down. The characters are beautifully crafted.The social situation of the the time is written with honesty and humanity. This book was harrowing in its cruelty and yet uplifting in its purity of love.A must read for everyone.
Luanne
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book much better than the first, Kettle and Kite. The story picks up from the first one and continues to a good end. Again there are some historical errors, but the plot is much better.
Janine
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hiro Loves Kite is... Beautiful. Fanciful. Heartbreaking. Hopeful.... all rolled into one. The continuation of Nora and Kettle's story is just as wonderful and as exceptionally written as the beginning. You won't want to miss this one. ...more
Elle Caldwell
Aug 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Just like the first book, the story is beautifully written. You can’t help but live through their pain and struggles with them. Lauren captures emotions in such a breathtaking way.
Kasen
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book a little less than the first, but I felt like it ended Nora and Kettle’s story on a high note and I was more than satisfied with these books!
Jess
May 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5⭐️

What a book! As with the first in the series, another gorgeously poetic novel, following the love and trauma of Hiro and Nora’s story.

Incredible storytelling, every emotion you could possibly feel is in this book...I laughed, I cried, I celebrated. If you want to read a beautiful story of young love which conquers all...racial divide, homelessness, abuse, sacrifice...but is still a wonderful story, then start this series!

Seriously, start reading it right now!

❤️❤️
Danica
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was such an easy, intriguing read I read it in less than 48 hours. Real, heart felt, excellent writing- what else could you ask for?
Jasmine
Mar 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect. Absolutely perfect and such a beautiful companion book to the first in the series, Nora & Kettle.

I cannot express how exquisite Lauren Nicolle Taylor’s writing is and how much I adore her characters. Nora/Kite and Hiro/Kettle shine in both books, as do the countless other characters in the series, such as Frankie, Nora’s younger sister, Kin, Hiro’s best friend and brother, and all the lost children. Yes, these two books are indeed a re-imagining of Peter Pan and it is amazi
Legato Casely
Jun 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Here's the simplest way to put it: The story was brilliant. The structure was a mess. This is what I mean:

(Before I begin, let me preface this by saying I emailed the author and she told me she wasn't happy with the publishing company/editor she used for her books. She personally said she was upset and was looking for a new publishing company. So, most of the mistakes I talk about weren't necessarily her fault, but the lack of editing that was provided to her).

After the first book, I couldn't w
maja
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i believe in love now
Sofia
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves-of-2019
i am literally so in love with this duology of books. when i say it was a hell of a rollecoaster of emotions i am not the littlest bit exaggerating

these characters have stayed with me every since i read nora & kettle and i could not be more thrilled with how this went (view spoiler)
Ari

Rwijaghwepo f eawpge

Read my review for Nora & Kettle.

I loveeee this soooo much.
Shari*LoveMiKindle*
Jun 28, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Seven Deadly Shadows
  • The Sprite and the Gardener
  • When the Tiger Came Down the Mountain (The Singing Hills Cycle, #2)
  • Gods & Monsters (Serpent & Dove, #3)
  • The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel  (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Mamo, Vol. 1
  • Hush-A-Bye
  • The Removed
  • Curse of the Wolf King (Entangled with Fae, #1)
  • A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking
  • Tales From the Hinterland (The Hazel Wood, #2.5)
  • The Traitor Prince (Ravenspire, #3)
  • The Obsidian Butterfly (The Age of the Seventh Sun, #3)
  • On These Black Sands (Aisling Sea, #1)
  • Dark of the West (Glass Alliance, #1)
  • The Stars We Steal
  • The Blood Spell (Ravenspire #4)
Lauren Nicolle Taylor is the bestselling author of THE WOODLANDS SERIES and the award-winning YA novel NORA & KETTLE (Gold medal Winner for Multicultural fiction, Independent Publishers Book Awards 2017), which is the first book in the acclaimed PAPER STARS SERIES.

She has a Health Science degree and an honors degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology.

A full time writer and artist, Lauren recently moved

Paper Stars (3 books)
  • Nora & Kettle (Paper Stars, #1)
  • Breaker and the Sun (Paper Stars, #3)