Start by marking “How to Die Alone: The Foolproof Guide to Not Helping Yourself” as Want to Read:
How to Die Alone: The Foolproof Guide to Not Helping Yourself

How to Die Alone: The Foolproof Guide to Not Helping Yourself

Meet Blair, viral Instagram sensation and antisocial icon, in this handbook to living your worst life, written and illustrated with laugh-out-loud wit by comedian Mo Welch.

For every brave soul who wants to just say no—no to meeting the gang for drinks, no to wishing a coworker happy birthday (unless there’s free cake involved), and no to dating of any kind—here comes Blai
Published April 16th 2019 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about How to Die Alone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Die Alone

Tam_ the_ med_bookie
Seriously loved this while reading it.
The bored writing and the bored illustrations did it all.
What's amazing is that it speaks in all it's glorious honestly (refer to the title!).

I got entertained💌

Let's not live like this anymore.
Let's start living, eh?
Rachel
4 stars

"We play hide and seek as kids to prepare us for seeing someone we know in public as adults."

YES!!! This is so good, so spot on and for all introverts everywhere! I really hope that there is another book in the future.
Mina ❄️
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I appreciate the humor, but this just simply wasn't for me. 🤷🏼♀ ...more
Alice
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious. I picked it up randomly at the library and was so hooked that I had to go back to the library to check it out after stupidly putting it down originally.

This book reads kind of like a self-help book that is anything but actually helpful. Instead the reader is given humorous life tips from the perspective of a woman who just wants to live alone with her cat! Most people can relate to that. There are helpful tips on how to avoid talking to another human (such as straight up
Grumpybookworm
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Hilarious. Laughed out loud and told my cat how funny it was ;)
Brittany
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Parts of this are genuinely funny, and parts are trying too hard. A mostly enjoyable quick read.
Nahia
May 18, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
1'5 en realidad.

Not for me.
Nour Kadry
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2019
MEH... the author tried too much to be funny, I wanted to like this book but I couldn’t!
Spencer
May 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you love the Instagram page that started it all (@momowelch) then you are going to love this book!

Blair is a hapless hermit, who prefers it that way. Friends, significant others, pants with waistbands: they don't appeal to her. This book is the perfect way to unwind an anxious mind and laugh at the extremities of everyday life. It definitely gave me a chuckle or two and reinforced why I love the Instagram page. Recommended for the anxious especially.
Roseanne Russ
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Very funny comic/ self(not)help book. This writer is on point 4 her comical but ever so true words. Gives another meaning to "singing my life with her words" and it does help that I can put down a 15 page (about) book into my book count for the year
thebookwormbookshelf
May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ese libro me pareció súper entretenido, también es bastante corto, se lee en un par de horas. Creo que las personas mayores a 25 podrían identificarse con muchas de las cosas del libro, pues pienso que a partir de esas edad todos empezamos a tener un poco de hermitaños. 🙈
Melissa
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I am sucker for these type of books. A few funny quotes and the whole book is done in about 15 minutes.
Līga Sproģe
Jul 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Nesaprotu, kāda no šī bija jēga. "Padomi" tiešā tekstā mudina degradēties, un es nekādi tur nespēju saskatīt humoru vai pārnestu nozīmi.
Davi Kladakis
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is for TRUE introverts, people with social anxiety. This is a book for us!
Sam
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
😂
Rita
Jul 18, 2019 rated it liked it
The tired writing and the half-assed illustrations did it for me. I bookmarked several panels that had me giggling.
Paula
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics-manga
A lil’ depressing but that last pun caught me off-guard.
Indah Threez Lestari
492 - 2019
michele
May 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-tangible
It was so-so. There were a couple of parts that made me smile but nothing to write home about. That said, I do see it being a perfect gift for a specific kind of audience, just not me.
Megan Rosol
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny, especially to introverts, nerds, and sarcastic people.
Teagan
Jul 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Absolutely hilarious
Claire
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
The good news is I'm right on track!
Whitney
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can relate so much...
Zoya
May 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book is trying too hard
Aina Wescott
It made me really laugh and smile. A good quick read for introverts as it may much resemble their everyday life.
John Keefauver