Start by marking “Hearts in Harmony” as Want to Read:
Hearts in Harmony

Hearts in Harmony

(An Amish Journey #1)

They both love music. Will God deny what brings them such joy?

Musical prodigy Levi Shetler hasn’t touched a piano since he secretly played one years ago. His strict Amish community forbids instruments or the singing of any music not in their approved songbook. Levi asks God often why music tempts him when playing an instrument isn’t allowed in his world.

One person know
Published March 12th 2019 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Hearts in Harmony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts in Harmony

Jen.
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Hearts in Harmony is another winner for Beth Wiseman!

I absolutely enjoyed this story!

The four lead characters - Mary, Levi, Natalie and Adeline - form an unlikely and beautiful bond. The way the Amish take care of their friends in need is so selfless and special - this story will tug at your heartstrings!

I won't say much because of spoilers, but something happened towards the end of the book and I actually said, "Wait, what?" out loud. To an empty room.

This is a series you will definitely wan
Kristi
This is a great beginning to a new series from Beth Wiseman, one of my favorite Amish fiction authors. She brings together two young Amish people in a unique way with a story that is both fun and heartbreaking. This emotional story is one you won't want to miss.

In a genre that can easily become stale, Wiseman tells a story that is unique. I liked the way that she highlighted the differences between two Old Order Amish districts. There was also the uniqueness of the relationship between Adeline,
Maureen Timerman
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A chance meeting of two Amish children at a funeral 8 years prior are reunited when they offer to help the elderly widow. They along with a distant cousin of the widow’s husband, bring joy and family that she had been lacking.
The Amish live 40 miles apart, but when you compare their lives it seems like 100 years, the districts are so different, one progressive and the other, well! This being said, one of the funniest parts of this book happens at the home of the less modern, Levi! Laugh out loud
Karla
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Beth Wiseman, who just happens to top my list of favorite authors, has once again written an amazing, heart warming novel, a fabulous start to a new series entitled "Amish Journeys". I always approach a new series with some trepidation.... will this new creation meet my high expectations?! After all, every one of Beth's books has been a winner in my opinion, so how can another possibly be as powerful and interesting as her last? NO WORRIES! "Hearts in Harmony" was NO disappointment. After readin
Amy
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hearts in Harmony is the exciting beginning to Beth Wiseman’s series, An Amish Journey. I absolutely loved this story. It is among my favorites that I have read by this author. I enjoyed Levi and Mary. They are two characters that felt connected to. I had to find out what would happen with them next and could not put the book down.
I give Hearts in Harmony a very well deserved five plus stars and I highly recommend it. I can not wait to read the next addition to An Amish Journey series.
I receiv
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Hearts Inn Harmony by Beth Wiseman
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK
This is the first book in the series and I absolutely loved it! Beth Wiseman is among the top of my favorite Amish Authors and this is one of her best. I loved the main characters, Mary and Levi, Natalie and Adeline. I felt like these were my family. I can’t wait to see what Ms Wiseman has next for us.
Heather 123
This was a cute, but different story. I liked how both main characters sort of challenged their amish way, at least in the beginning of the book. I liked how they didn't just buy into the reason that was provided to them by the elders, yet still respected their faith. This isn't something that is usually seen in the Amish books.

** ARC received from Netgalley **
Jill
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3 stars
Hearts in Harmony has many good as well as many bad points. The good pretty much outweighs the bad but I’m still on the fence. Hearts in Harmony is the first in a new series by Beth Wiseman. It is highly possible my problems with the book are due to it being the first in the series; however, I have read many first in a series of books without these issues.
What I liked about this book:
Kristina
Hearts in Harmony by Beth Wiseman is the first An Amish Journey Novel. Mary Hershberger encountered young Levi Shetler eight years ago at the funeral of Englischer Percy Collins when she discovered him playing the piano. Adeline Collins is having an estate sale which drew the attention of Mary’s father and Levi’s mother. Levi is volunteered to help fix up the outside of Adeline’s home when his mother notices its deteriorated condition. Mary can see that Adeline could use some help around the hou ...more
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Take a trip to Amish country with Beth Wisman’s new series, An Amish Journey! I’m telling you now that you will not be disappointed! Along with Wanda Brunstetter, Beverly Lewis and Amy Clipston, Beth Wiseman is among my top five Amish fiction authors. She creates powerful stories filled with easy-to-love characters and intricately woven messages throughout. Hearts In Harmony is the fantastic start to this new series and every minute had me completely engulfed in the center of the simple life.

Wis
Jill
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked about this book:
1. I loved the plot of two Amish young adults and one English young adult helping an older woman in need. I reall
Cathy Cermele
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Beth Wiseman begins her latest series, An Amish Journey with the beautifully crafted and aptly titled Hearts in Harmony. What a selfless journey Mary, Levi and Natalie take as they form an unlikely friendship that is built on compassion and respect for their elderly friend Adeline. I absolutely loved the different ages, faiths and backgrounds of the main characters and the bond they formed while giving so much of themselves to one who really needed them.

I became emotionally attached to the chara
Patti Whitson Stephenson
This is the beginning of a new series by Beth Wiseman, and if this book is any indication, it’s going to be a wonderful series. It was refreshing to read a book in which the younger generation sacrificed their time and resources to honor a member of the older generation. Mary, Natalie, and Levi came together to help Adeline, a senior citizen who desperately needed their help. A strong bond of friendship develops among the four. There’s also a budding romance between Mary and Levi, which only add ...more
Tammy G.
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book in the Amish Journey novels so that means there are more to come. But first one must read the love story of Levi and Mary.
Levi Shelter has an incredible ability to play the piano but he belongs to a very conservative Amish group who don't believe in singing or playing music outside their approved songbook. Well, this limits Levi considerably and he often asks God why he was given such gift if he isn't allowed to play. *Personally I always wonder why people "blame" God and
Angela Brocato-Skaggs
Box of Tissues warning. You will need them almost from the beginning. This book is beautiful; the love flowing throughout (not just romantic love) makes you believe in the good in the world amidst so much hate we hear constantly on the news. I did not want to put this book down. I found myself reading every little chance I got. Adeline, Mary, Levi, and Natalie felt like friends I had had for life.

Hearts in Harmony is about so much more than the love of forbidden music. It is about doing what is
Lucy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and the events that intertwine the lives of the four main characters. Unusual friendships, age and religious differences, family issues, and illness all woven together flawlessly into a beautiful story that will have you reaching for a tissue. This is one you won’t want to put down until you turn the last page and then you will be wondering when the next one in this series comes out. Hearts that join in their love of music that is forbidden by the Amish meet again and take you ...more
Holly
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd never really given a thought to the role of music in the Amish community, and it was surprising to see that it's not allowed. This story had several twists and turns, and ended up in a completely different place than I thought it would, but it was an amazing story of faith, resilience, and family - both the kind we are born into and the kind we make. I look forward to reading the next book in this series to see where all three of the couples mentioned in this book head....not sure who will c ...more
Kaye
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully warm and sweet story of Adeline, a widow, who is all alone without any children. Her husband had been friends with some of the Amish nearby, and two children have come to help. Levi has come to help paint and do yard work, and Mary has come to help clean and give rides to the store in her buggy. Next comes Natalie, who is the daughter of her husband's nephew. When her health takes on a rough direction, all three young people step up and help her. Hard to put this one down, and one ...more
Kate
Levi, Mary, and Natalie all begin helping an old friend of their families, Adeline. Together the 4 forge a sweet friendship (and one romance) as they work through the love of music, a disreputable puzzle, and an empty house that needs work.

I loved reading this story. It was a sweet reminder of what life can be like when friendships are made and people are cared for. I love the way that the 3 of them has their own family problems, but they still draw together to improve life for their friend.
Aileen Burke
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hearts in Harmony is a beautiful beginning to Beth Wiseman’s new Amish Journey series of novels. Hearts in Harmony celebrates the beauty of friendship, forgiveness, and following dreams, even without knowing just where that path might lead.
These characters are the type of friends we all could be, and our world would be a better place for doing so. Pick up a copy of Hearts in Harmony, and listen to the music of hearts wanting to do the will of their Heavenly Father. Truly a unique melody in th
Judy
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished Hearts in Harmony with tears in my eyes. I loved the three young characters and enjoyed watching them create a family woth Adeline. This book was unique because it emphasized the Amish and Englisch working and living together. I liked these characters and would enjoy reading more about their lives in another book.

I received an ARC from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are solely my own.
Pam
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone. Its a story about Levi Shelter and Mary Hershberger. They met each other at a family friends funeral and then met again as young adults.They both love music and are trying to figure out if its God given or a temptation leading them to English world.They both help a older English lady and end up having feelings for each other.Tragedy strikes and really test them.
Janet Murphy
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beth Wiseman delivers another great story that delves deeper into the hearts and minds of her characters. She uses experiences from her own life that lend real, enjoyable, often humorous, situations that many can relate to. I won't give spoilers, but I'll tell you that I laughed and cried. I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.
Patsy Higgason
Feb 03, 2019
Robyn
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: march-2019
A piano. Such an odd thing that was used to bring 2 amish people together. Odd because musical instruments were not allowed in their beliefs. But as Levi and Mary met the day of Percy's (Adeline's husband) funeral as children it was the piece that brought them together. Years later they were brought together again to help sweet Adeline. Natalie, a long distant relative of Adeline, also became quick friends with them and they were all a beautiful and sweet family that Adeline had always longed fo ...more
Ash Luna
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wholesome and super sweet Heart in Harmony is another wonderful book by Beth Wisemen. This is her new series in which she captures faith and romance with stunning emotion. Absolute stunning book and not wait to read the next book in this series!
JoAnn
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hearts in Harmony is a beautifully written inspirational romance. I enjoyed the plot, characters and writing. Not always a fan of Amish fiction because I find it to predictable. I was surprised to find this book was not. Fans of Amish will certainly enjoy this book. I received an arc from Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Lois
Mar 11, 2019
Janet
Mar 19, 2019
Cheri
Mar 10, 2019 rated it liked it
An unexpexted bond is formed between an older lady, two Amish young adults and a young lady who longs to go to college. Levi is embarressed by is large Amish family. Mary's family is struggling with a secret that everyone in the community will find out soon enough. Friendship is formed in the unexpected and unlikely in this Amish novel.
"I wish I had the time to review books and chat with you here, but my writing deadlines just don't allow it. Please like my Fans of Beth Wiseman Page on Facebook where I try to post any news and interact with readers."
Beth is the best-selling and award winning author of the Daughters of the Promise series - Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, Plain Promise, Plain Paradise, and Plain Proposal. She is co

An Amish Journey (2 books)
  • Listening to Love (An Amish Journey #2)