Start by marking “Misfit Table: Let Your Hunger Lead You to Where You Belong” as Want to Read:
Misfit Table: Let Your Hunger Lead You to Where You Belong

Misfit Table: Let Your Hunger Lead You to Where You Belong

Too often the world speaks words of harm, and too often we believe them--and so we live stories God never intended for us. Yet God longs to rewrite and redeem your story.

Tiffini Kilgore, founder of the lifestyle and design boutique House of Belonging, grew up in a broken home before marrying at the tender age of sixteen. Years later, divorced and with three small children,
Published February 5th 2019 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about Misfit Table, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Misfit Table

Jessi Strother
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Tiffani shares a story that so many have along with the providence of Gods hand along the journey. She shares the raw truth and honest hurt from a childhood that left such pain, emptiness, searching for a home.
This testimony will bring healing to so many that have walked this road and found redemption along the way to restoration.
Her book is a must read for all to have an insight into the reality of so many along with the hope that can give life to what may seem dead. Read it, use it as encou
Lavyne
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a place to belong, this is the book for you! Tiffini took her life experiences and shared them in a way that made me feel welcome in her circle and shared how God also welcomes us no matter who or where we are.
Jessica Stone
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiffani’s story is one of brokenness and hope, grief and joy. She wrote her story in such a way that moved me. My heart broke for her but at the same time rejoiced over the Father that kept bringing her back to Him and His table. I am so honored that I was able to read her story. I am grateful for the raw honesty and truth in this book!
MIchelle
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have followed Tiffini and her journey over the past 6 years. Watching and listening to her story in bits and pieces was captivating and left me longing for more. Her memoir about brokenness, healing, forgiveness, love and redemption is the complete story. To read the words of her life journey from beginning to now has been both heart breaking and inspiring yet empowering.

The author uses the craft of simultaneous dialogue to give the reader a sense of what was happening in her outer world and
Oak
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tennessean Tiffini Kilgore is the founder of the lifestyle and design boutique House of Belonging, selling beautiful home decor and clothing. In Kilgore’s memoir Misfit Table: Let Your Hunger Lead You to Where You Belong, she recounts her childhood and adult years, as she sought to escape poverty and brokenness and find God. Her story is captivating, and I found myself mesmerized as I read it in one sitting.

Kilgore grew up quickly; at age sixteen, her parents legally allowed her to marry her boy
Nickole Huffman
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiffini’s words were like healing balm to my soul. She shared some difficult things from her past and how she was able to work through them, fully relying on Jesus to see her through. She shows personal examples that would bring tears to my eyes and let me know I’m not alone! She works through abandonment, rejection, poor decision making, and more. If you’re looking for a book that will draw you in and point you to an intimate relationship with Jesus, run, don’t walk, and get this book.
Allison Jones
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Misfit Table is one of the most raw and beautiful books ever written. As someone that has struggled to rectify her own childhood, it was a blessing to witness the way Tiffini found God woven through. It inspired me to look back and realize my own golden thread of protection woven through. Tiffini’s raw and intimate moments shared with her readers tug right at the heart while pointing back to God the entire time. Misfit Table is one that I will continue to read time and time again.
Bible Gateway
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Misfit Table is for anyone who has ever felt out of place or at odds in the world. Each chapter features compelling narrative as well as a poignant response from “Papa” God as Tiffini calls him, and the result is a stirring invitation to come home to where you belong. Come and sit, take and eat, and join the battle cry to take God at his word. Read our blog post with Tiffini here- https://bit.ly/2SC1jt3
Michelle
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiffini’s story is one of God’s unrelenting love for us, even in our brokenness. I was inspired that even through her hurt, pain and disappointment she kept seeking the Lord’s heart and trusting in Him to redeem her life. I believe that her honesty and bravery in sharing her story will bring healing to many as it draws their hearts closer to the Father.
Susan Bricker
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Tiffani Kilgore’s book, Misfit Table! She bares her soul in a guttural, honest, soul-searching voice that claims your attention. Tiffani shares her story that intertwines with God’s tenderness, mercy, and grace. She writes her hard stories, her pain, and brokenness in a lyrical style that keeps you reading. She pens the lyrics to the song the Lord told her she would one day sing to bless others.

The short chapters in Misfit Table share Tiffani’s stories alongside the words God spoke to he
Renee Quental
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once I started reading Misfit Table, I could not put it down. It's a story of generational brokenness and choices that are made when not feeling worthy of. But when we listen to God and trust that He has a plan even in the midst of the messy we experience things we could not of dreamed for ourselves. We are all misfits trying to fit at the table and by Gods grace there is always room.
Steph Cherry
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been following Tiffany on Instagram for years. I have been getting sneak peaks at her stories through her feed. I could tell that she has had a horrible battle with emotional abuse and disease. I have also been struck over and over by the power of the words she shared. This book was more of the same. It is a steady walk through abiding with God in the midst of pain. Her humility and vulnerability are freeing beyond what I can express. Her story is freedom. She gives voice to the inner voi ...more
Rachael Judd
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a deep story into one woman's heart, soul and the steps that lead her to where she is today. There are beautiful reflections as conversation between she and God at the end of each chapter that are a good reminder of God's presence with us wherever we are.

Be prepared to read this book as memoir. I entered into the reading expecting reflection and I was not prepared for the deep and vulnerable sharing of her personal story for the first 150 pages or so. If you have experienced physical or
Michelle Krol
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tiffini infuses the story of her life with the fire and longing of love, one that can only truly be found in her Heavenly Father, or Papa as she affectionately calls him. Her raw truth is a story that I find pieces of myself in, generational patterns, an absent father, growing up to soon, high expectations placed on self. It is a recipe for an anxious life, and an unsatisfying life looking for rescue where there can be no true rescue. I loved following the trail of breadcrumbs Papa left and know ...more
Macy Frick
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading Misfit Table, I struggled. The author's story of pain followed directly by the glimpses of God was difficult to read. Not so much because of the style, but because of the contrast and my internal questioning of “How is God in this?" and "How can this story be redeemed?" But, isn’t that the beauty of our God, our Redeemer, He REDEEMS! As the story continues, you see Tiffani’s heart open to the Lords pursuit of her, and the beauty of this story starts to reveal itself. ...more
Tricia
Jan 28, 2019
Katelyn
Mar 03, 2019
Jennifer Konyn
Misfit Table is a beautiful God story that will touch anyone who reads it. Tiffini’s words are raw, real, and powerful. Her vignette style of writing makes the book easy to read and hard to put down. So much of her story was relatable to my life, and after reading it I’m wishing we could sit down for a cup of coffee and talk about all the ways God’s worked similarly in both of our lives. Five stars and two thumbs up!
CF LJ