Start by marking “Rescue Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)” as Want to Read:
Rescue Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)

Rescue Vehicles

(Vehicles on the Job)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Describes the many types of vehicles used by first responders and emergency workers.
Published February 1st 2018 by Norwood House Press

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Vehicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Vehicles

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Rescue Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)
Etienne
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Very simple, but well done for the youngs one. The pictures are good, the information are basic but interesting and all is well explain and adapted to the targeted public. Nothing extraordinary but good!
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Wonderful photographs showing various rescue vehicles. The text was easy to understand for my young charges as I read this to them. They wanted to spend a lot of time looking at the photos as I read basic facts about the vehicles and why there are different ones. The kids are all 4 and knew about different rescue vehicles and were very interested in this book. I liked the glossary at the back to go over with the kids. A great book to use in a primary classroom when teaching about community helpe ...more
Smoot M.L.
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice size book with great photos of police vehicles , fire vehicles and medical vehicles.
Talks about what is an emergency. What happens. Step by step introduction to the rescue vehicles.
Talks about what they are responsible for and how they act for the good of the people. There is a glossary at the back with words used in emergency conditions. Has book and websites recommendations for further study. Children should not be scared after learning what great community rescue responders do for us.
Mani
Simple but effective book. Read it with my nephew who is mad about rescue vehicles. He loved looking at the pictures and talking about all the different things that he could see in the vehicles. He was fascinated by how the vehicles in the book looked different to those that we have here in the UK. His favourite was the fire truck.

The book is good for teaching the younger ones about different rescue vehicles.
Teresa Kander
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, netgalley
Very well written for young children to understand. Uses actual pictures rather than illustrations, which will make it more "real" for youngsters. Also like the glossary at the end.
Janice Lombardo
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great pictures! The definitions highlighted are also in the back of the book for quick study. Great for a quiz.Types of rescue vehicles are explained and why different situations need certain vehicles. Good consideration of safety issues.

A great book for early elementary school readers!!!

Many thanks to Norwood House Press and NetGalley for a delightful read.
Tracey
added it
Oct 16, 2019

• 4x4 Trucks
  • Hawai'I Volcanoes National Park (Rookie National Parks)
  • Can You Find Pup?
  • The Last Peach
  • Try a Little Kindness: A Guide to Being Better
  • The Bear in My Bed
  • I Can Be Anything! Don't Tell Me I Can't
  • Hoot & Olive: Brave Enough For Two
  • Is That You, Eleanor Sue?
  • The Other Ducks
  • Snow Scene
  • Daylight and Darkness (Beginning-To-Read, Read and Discover - Science)
  • What the Ladybird Heard on Holiday
  • The Detective Dog
  • The Ugly Five
  • Birds of a Feather: Bowerbirds and Me
  • Snakes on a Train
  • Crunch, the Shy Dinosaur

Vehicles on the Job (6 books)
  • Water Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)
  • Farm Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)
  • Space Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)
  • Construction Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)
  • Military Vehicles (Vehicles on the Job)

News & Interviews