Start by marking “Flower Talk: How Plants Use Color to Communicate” as Want to Read:
Flower Talk: How Plants Use Color to Communicate

Flower Talk: How Plants Use Color to Communicate

This new book from Sara Levine features a cantankerous talking cactus as a narrator, revealing to readers the significance of different colors of flowers in terms of which pollinators (bees, bats, birds, etc.) different colors "talk" to. A fun nonfiction presentation of science info that may be new to many kids--and adults!
Expected publication: March 5th 2019 by Millbrook Press (Tm)

To ask other readers questions about Flower Talk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flower Talk

Etienne
3,5/5. Brief explanation of pollination all beautifully illustrated. I'm not sure this will reach a large public, but it's a decent enough introduction to the subject and easy enough to go in for young reader. Good!
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
"We sit here growing, minding our own business while you guys go on about how red roses stand for love and white ones are good for weddings and all kinds of mushy, ridiculous stuff. What a load of fertilizer!"

I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

I loved this! We loved this! You'll love this (at least I hope you will)! Flower Talk was funny, wit
April
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Flower Talk: How Plants Use Color to Communicate by Sara Levine
Illustrated by: Masha D’yans
Publisher: Lerner Publishing Group
ISBN:9781541519282
Publish Date: March 5. 2019

Thanks to NetGalley and Lerner Publishing Group for the ebook ARC of Flower Talk: How Plants Use Color to Communicate by Sara Levine and illustrated by Masha D’yans in exchange for an honest review.

This book features a cantankerous talking cactus as a narrator, revealing to readers the significance of different colors of flowers
Leah
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I learned some things about flowers with this book! beautiful illustrations and easy to understand facts. Would be good for an older story time and it could be interactive if you are looking for the cactus narrator on the page.
Engel Dreizehn
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC Copy...lavish water colours beautifully portray the lessons and languages of flowers along side the humorous grumpy cactus's narration. Sure to encourage the kiddie's interests about nature.
Tara
Nov 23, 2018
Susan
Nov 08, 2018
Lauren White
Dec 15, 2018
Jespionage310
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cute book that teaches the importance of flowers and nature. Adorable story with fantastic illustrations. A hit with my boys.
Karen
Jan 14, 2019
Anna Nelson
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spiritedly told from the view of a loud purple cacti, FLOWER TALK, gives an overview of what certain colours mean to the birds, insects, and bugs they are trying to attract! Forget “red is for love!” Nah, red is for attracting hummingbirds and butterflies! Go beneath the petals and see what lies at the heart of colour attraction and learn what your garden is trying to tell you. Sara and Marsha perfectly craft a world that is perfect for science classes, those interested in STEM, and this interes ...more
Lindsey Lewis
Jan 26, 2019
Sara
Aug 20, 2018
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Flower Talk by Sarah Levine is a cute read that teaches kids about the wonder of flower communication. The narrator is an adorably grumpy cactus who takes the reader through the pollination process. Next up is flower colours, and who they are communicating with. There are lots of neat facts in this short read! Like bees can't see red. How cool is that! My cubs and I read this together and we all enjoyed it. A great addition to any nature-loving child's library, or for use in classrooms. Recommen ...more
Richelle