Dismiss Sorry, that group is secret

Start by marking “Hilo Book 5: Then Everything Went Wrong” as Want to Read:
Hilo Book 5: Then Everything Went Wrong

Hilo Book 5: Then Everything Went Wrong

(HiLo #5)

"An action-packed page turner with heart!"--Dav Pilkey, author of DOG MAN

Take off on a new adventure and find out more about what really happened on Hilo's world with HILO--the hilarious, action-packed New York Times BESTSELLING GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES that kids love!

MORE ACTION! MORE FUN! MORE LAUGHS! MORE ROBOTS! What REALLY happened in Hilo's world before he came t
Published January 29th 2019 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Hilo Book 5, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Reed/Reedla
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Lorraine
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the series. The ending makes me wish I had waited to read it because now I can't wait for Book 6!
Karissa
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fifth book in the HiLo series. My son and I both read these and really love them, we buy them immediately when they release. This latest installment was very fun and we both loved it.

In this book we get to journey back to HiLo’s home world and finally learn what really happened there. Meanwhile back on earth, a robot D.J. and HiLo are causing all sorts of trouble at school, while the government continues their efforts to track down “comet-boy”.

This story was a little more spread out
Barbara
When Dr. Horizon arrives on the scene, he informs Hilo that Razorwark made him forget many important things that happened back on his home planet. Hilo and his trusty friend D.J. travel to Hilo's planet of origin to get to the bottom of this mystery and to find out the truth. Amid all the dangers to both of them, Hilo is in for several shocks as it quickly becomes apparent that nothing he believes to be true is true and that he might not be able to trust some of his allies. Youngsters who love s ...more
Read  Ribbet
This is the fifth in this series of graphic novels featuring a robot Hilo who acts like a boy on earth and his main earthing friend DJ. This time they travel to Hilo's home planet while substitutes are left behind on earth. They encounter a series of adventures, whle their replacements cause some interesting moments back on earth. Winick creates a narrative story with humor that will appeal to the right readers. Accessible in graphic form and now with five in the series, it might be a good serie ...more
Rachael Bookfairs
This is the 5th book in the GN series about a boy robot from outer space who has fallen to earth & found a best friend. Its the 1st one I have read. It was light & enjoyable. I would read the others.
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have had a list of students waiting to read this for a long time, and I know they will love it as much as the others in this series.
Jaymie
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great continuation of this fun series with some serious jaw-dropping twists. Can't wait for book 6!
Michelle
Another great installment in the HiLo series. I really appreciate the sense of humor in these graphic novels.
Julie Sanders
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

I just don’t like the cliff hanger and it is way to short it is way shorter than the others
Mikey Golczynski
Another classic entry into the series. I hate waiting another full year for the next, and seemingly last installment.
Allison
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I will continue to read this series until the end! Love it
Sara
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
Mind blown!
Karin
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Series still awesome. No end in sight.
CB
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What else is left to say? It's consistently funny, heartfelt, and entertaining. More please.
Jill
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can’t wait for book 6!!
Jgramley
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-2019
Love the twists and turns in this book.
Destiny Henderson
"I knew you'd save me."
Five books in and I still like this series.
Sylvia
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The only negative is that we have to wait another year for the next one! The kids and I have been loving this series!
Graham Supreme
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Hilo n friends. Lots of cool questions around asking for help and being vulnerable in this one, based on trust and friendship
Renee
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These graphic novels still make me laugh out loud!
Amanda Walz
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is "AHHHH!!!!!" and "Outstanding!"
Andrew
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been loving the Hilo series since the beginning. This one really raises the emotional stakes, and now I can't wait for the next installment!
Kathleen
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I think my reaction was a series of "oh no! Oh NO! OHHH NOOOOOO~!!!" throughout the whole book. If you're a Hilo fan, don't miss this one!
Gail
The 8 year old rates is 3.5. He didn't like the cliffhanger. Now we have to wait a whole year to see how all the pieces fit!!!
I enjoyed it as and adult. Solid 4/5
Donald
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was amazing! I definitely recommend it to other people to read. EXCEPT FOR THE END! IZZY WAS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!
Rachel LaMacchia
Such an adorable series.
Mary Lee
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHH!
Renee
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Oh man. 2020 is too far away! What a twist. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Chelsey
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Book 5 is called “Then Everything Went Wrong” and there’s no second part called “And How It Got Fixed.” Outrage!
Jessica
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Sad I have to wait a year to read the next one.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Born February 12th, 1970 and raised on Long Island in New York, Judd began cartooning professionally at 16 with a single-paneled strip called Nuts & Bolts. This ran weekly through Anton Publications, a newspaper publisher that produced town papers in the Tri state area. He was paid 10 dollars a week.

In August of 1988, Judd began attending the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor bringing Nuts &am

HiLo (5 books)
  • The Boy Who Crashed to Earth (HiLo, #1)
  • Saving the Whole Wide World (HiLo, #2)
  • The Great Big Boom (HiLo, #3)
  • Waking the Monsters (Hilo, #4)