Start by marking “The Solution to Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Solution to Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited, #2)

The Solution to Unrequited

(The Science of Unrequited #2)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
Atomic number: 33
Name of chemical element: Arsenic
Symbol: As

Every solution has a poisonous flaw … even between best friends.

The agreement: Fall break together.
The struggle: A road trip from North Carolina to Massachusetts.
The reason: To find a way back into each other’s lives.
The issue: AJ’s not ready to let Evan reclaim the parts of her he made his.
The hindrance:
Published July 11th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about The Solution to Unrequited, please sign up.
Len Webster Hi! There are four books in The Science of Unrequited Series. The second book, The Solution to Unrequited, releases July 11th :)
Len Webster Hi Saunders! The Solution to Unrequited continues AJ and Evan's story after The Theory of Unrequited. So all the characters from the first book will…moreHi Saunders! The Solution to Unrequited continues AJ and Evan's story after The Theory of Unrequited. So all the characters from the first book will be featured in this book, too. <3(less)

Paige
3 “Prom” Stars

So that’s what happened at prom. These two are learning and growing but have a long ways to go. Also I didn’t know there was going to be a third book so we wait to see if these two can finally communicate or if it’s hopeless.

I voluntarily read an ARC of this book. A is for Alpha B is for Books.
Na
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes, soul mates take time to realize it's love. And sometimes, soul mates need to be lost in order to be found."

After finishing TToU I was so glad I could start with TStU early. Only to realize at the end, I yet have still to wait until I get to know what life has in store for AJ and Evan.

"Evan is the truck. I am the car. Life is our distortion."

TStU is a slow burn, compared to TToU. Yet still a great read. But it stills feel like you are in between stories and even though a lot happens o
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Okay so I have to start off with saying I might have sent the author a bunch of messages in the middle of the night. I was kinda worked up about this book so I'm not even sorry. I was angry typing!!!

This book is told in past and present tense and we get both POVs. We finally get to know what caused AJ's decision at the end of book 1. By 4% my chest was hurting. By 20% I was anxious. By 40% I was a mess. I kinda wanted to junk punch Evan at points and wanted to hug AJ for most of the book.

Evan a
Tanaka K
“Every time I said those four words— eight protons , eight neutrons— I was telling you that I love you. Eight . The chemical number for oxygen. Eight. The number of letters that spell I love you.”

When I decided to expose myself to different stories. I never knew I would find a series I would love as much as I love The Science of Unrequited series by Len Webster. This series has everything I want in a book. Amazing characters that move you. Scenes to make you bleed and steal your breath. An unfor
Catty Jane
*** ARC Received for Honest Review ***
***5 Stars***
Argh this book is so good! Len Webster completely takes you on the journey that broke AJ and Evan during high school while simultaneously following them as the find their way back to being AJ and Evan. I was so rooting for Evan after The Theory of Unrequited, but to be honest, I'm not sure where I stand on the two of them anymore. This is such a great young adult/new adult book. The angst level to turned up to 10. This whole series is a must r
Becky Rendon
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my poor defenseless heart!

Have you ever craved the answers? Like you needed them so much you begged the author for the next book? So much need, longing, and love for two characters that you twitched to have the answers?

But let me ask you, when you were desperate and needy for those answers did you fear the results? Because I found once The Solution to Unrequited hit my kindle I actually backed away in fear! Legit, heart clenching fear. I was terrified of The Solution to Unrequited. And even h
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I was anticipating this book for a long time! I had read The Theory of Unrequited and absolutely loved it! I couldn’t wait to read the second book mainly since the first book ends with a cliffhanger!! The second one lived up to the first one. We finally find out what happened at prom and it’s a heartbreaker. Evan was very selfish in high school and took advantage of his best friend’s feelings. But to be fair AJ never really told him outright about her feelings. She would hint at them but like a ...more
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks

I liked this second book in this series less than I did the first, but I admit I'm still curious to see how the story will unfold on the third book.

In my opinion the heroine got even more wishy-washy. Every she was justified to feel just seemed to disappear and suddenly I felt like for her she was also at fault for how her best friend treated her before.

I was hoping to see some growth in her, because on the first book I thought she was very immature. But no, she seemed to got worse.

The
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Len Webster!

This book helped me fall for Evan. Not fully and completely though. Fight me, I’m still #TeamConnecticut. The feels in this book were amazing and I loved the science aspect of it yet again.

Eight Protons. Eight Neutrons.

Man that’s precious.

We learn more about Evan and AJ’s past, and I cannot wait to see what happens when she gets back to Duke.

The back and forth between Evan and AJ does get tiring
Sheila
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You can’t help but fall in love even more with AJ and Evan. I need more AJ and Evan in my life. This book keeps giving you all the feels. I can’t deny a piece of my heart is #TeamConneticut but I believe in soulmates. We will see what happens!!!
Jen
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Len Webster beautifully captured a story of unrequited love and had my heart in my throat as I read the continued story of AJ and Evan! God, the angst and love and heartbreak shattered me. Her writing is amazing and the past and present flowed together seamlessly. Did I want to throat punch Evan? Yes!!! But in the end I remembered that they’re still young and have so much to learn. I’m addicted to this series and can’t wait for more!!! Loved it!!! ❤❤ ...more
Anne Milne
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so invested in both the story and characters of Evan and AJ so much so that at times I found myself having to remind myself to breathe.

To be honest both of them frustrated me so much, I was screaming at them on my head to just talk to each other but then I remembered their ages. Of the two I found myself questioning Evan's feelings for AJ the most. Does he really love her ? Does he even know what love is? I hated how as we saw in book one he took her so much for granted, how selfish he was.
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: newadult
This series is about to do me in...Couldn't stop reading!!! OMG!!! Is there a 10 star button?!?! All I can say is 8 little letters!!!

Have you ever given away your whole heart?

Loved selflessly. Unconditionally. Unrequitedly?

To the point where you no longer recognized yourself because you've given away everything to sustain a one sided love affair?

At what point do you break? At what point do you reach bottom and finally begin to dig yourself out of the hole you've been living in?

At what point do y
Sassy Southern
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the series and book one needs to be read first.
Alexandra “AJ” Parker is attending Duke University after missing out on getting her application into MIT in time. She has realized that her dependence upon her former best friend, Evan Gilmore, was too much and she had to live her own life even if that meant leaving him behind.
Evan Gilmore is lost without his best friend AJ but due to his brother, Kyle, he has finally located her and will do anything to get his best frien
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
I'm flabbergasted right now with this series!

I didn't lie when I finished The Theory of Unrequited and said I was going to dive in to The Solution to Unrequited because that's exactly what I did.

The story continues with Evan and AJ. She has decided to attend a different college to get away from the one person who has hurt her the most in a way that she doesn't think she will ever feel.

In the meantime, Evan is going crazy trying to find out which college AJ has decided to go without telling him.
SBee Reviews
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars

“Freedom = Hell at Duke...but someone DID make her smile”

I received an Advance Reader Copy for THE SOLUTION TO UNREQUITED (Science of Unrequited, Book #2) written by Len Webster and voluntarily reviewed this book. One unforgivingly memorable night, when things were finally going to go perfectly for AJ, it all had gone most terribly wrong, and she was never the same after that.

It was with a heavily shielded heart that she chose to attend Duke, and it was with th
Abeera
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
MJ
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
This continuation of the Science of Unrequited series is really good! Len Webster once again takes us on a journey of young love and all the crazy and complicated that comes with it. We pick up right where we left off with Book One and I was completely engaged from the very first page.

We get alternating POVs once again as well as past and present so that now we get the whole story as to why Evan hurt AJ so badly back in high school. The angst, the longing, the emotions are sky high as AJ and Eva
Cathy
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting for this book since I finished The Theory of Unrequited, and now I have to wait for the third book...NO! Aj and Evan have this deep love and connection and yet, both seem to hurt the other. We go back and forth between present day and senior year of high school. We finally find out what happened at PROM. And man was I disappointed in Evan. And I think, why didn't AJ say anything about her feelings, but then I also get it, they are young and she doesn't want to ruin the friend ...more
Ree
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

"The hardest part of being in love with someone is finding a silver lining in the pain you endure for them."

I couldn't put this book down!

I was so eager to see what AJ would decide about Evan and her college plans that I ignored everything else just so I could finish this book. I almost thought I would have to die of frustration at one point, but then Len Webster restored my faith and I was able to breathe normally again for some time.

This angst-riddled college romance truly does justice to
Rebecca Austin
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
Wow – I was really looking forward to this second book and I had my opinions firmly in but I knew there was a chance that this book would end up swaying how I felt about certain characters, especially Evan.

I really liked AJ and I loved that she finally began living life for herself and not putting others in front of what she had to do with her life. I loved the friendships she began to form, especially with Savannah and I was curious to see if anything was going to happen with Logan. Yet AJ stil
Sara Koelsch
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m so unsure on this book, I feel like I’m on some weird balance board and I don’t know if I just liked it or if it was just ok. I’m struggling with Evan. I’m almost at the point where I think they both need a break from each other and need to see the world and explore. They’re so young and I adore AJ. She’s a good girl and is totally gaga over Evan… I’m just not sure he’s ready for her yet. Or even understands the feels yet.

I’m so thankful that we get both POVs, otherwise me and Evan would hav
Tricia Davis
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and reviewed an ARC copy for an honest review on behalf of Everything Marie http://everythingmarie.com

Ok! Ok! Ok, I am just ughhhhhh why! That ending..... ahhhhhhhh!
The Solution to Unrequited is the second book in this series. You must read book one The Theory of Unrequited- this is not a stand alone! You got to see what really happened in the past getting to this point as well!
Evan and Alex stole my heart and then left it in pieces! I can’t go on knowing what that ending means! I need bo
Anna K
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, favorites, ugly-cry
If I wouldn’t have been in love with AJ and Evan after the first book, I’m sure as hell would have been by now! The Solution to Unrequited is just perfect. I fell even more deeply in love with AJ and Evan. Their story is turbulent and passionate.
I was a sobbing mess half of the book. My heart broke for AJ and Evan. To read more about them, their past and their mistakes was just heartbreaking. And now that Evan finally (FINALLY!!!!) found AJ it is so beautiful, yet hard to read what they go thro
Anushka
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Eight Protons.
Eight Neutrons.

This has come up to be my favourite confessions of all times.

TSoU is a slow paced sequel to TToU. The story doesn't move forward much, but rather deals with the emotional turmoil.

I truly love Len Webster's writing. It is addictive.

BUT, the story was a bit.... monotonous.

Yet, it is amazing how her writing manages to invoke so many emotions, all at once. At one moment I am sitting, almost hating Evan for not realising it sooner. But in the next, I am forgiving him
Toni
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Sweet story

If the details get you stuck, you won’t love this book. Len is an Australian author writing about a romance in America so lots of the details are just wrong...geography, processes for college, time...I get stuck on those a lot. This happens a lot when a non-American writes an American love story. It’s rare they get the small details right. The only author I’ve ever read that seems to make it work well is Jay McLean. The story is sweet. I like the character and the flip flop of past an
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
"The next time he kissed Alexandra Louise Parker, it would be with honest lips and truthful touches, with whispers of love and belief in their future together."
This quote was the best, heart-clenching line I have read in a while. This author's amazing writing skills had me literally holding my fist to my mouth holding in the "ahh, how so very sweets..."
Being in an omniscient POV, I found myself wanting to make AJ see how Evan really felt about her. To have her be quiet and listen to what he wa
Tara Peters
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book picks up where the first book ended. Evan has found A.J. and wants to fix their relationship. While I liked how they discussed what went wrong and why, I still get that A.J. was more to blame for everything. He was wrong for doing what he did on prom night, but to but talk to your best friend and then leave him waiting for you, not to mention he basically lost her parents as well, was horrible.
I thought their coming together was sweet, but I almost felt like she had one foot back at s
Lily Garcia
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.75 stars! Loving this series!

If there is one thing this author can deliver it’s the freaking feels! I kept tearing up (cried on some parts), my heart kept breaking, I kept turning the pages on my kindle because I needed to know what happened next. I was emotionally invested and on the edge of my seat because I wasn’t sure how Evan and Alex reuniting would go. If there is one thing I love is for characters who mess up to fight for their love and to redeem themselves. I felt Evan’s remorse and w
Sheila Schoenauer
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all I have to say that I'm disappointed that this is only the second book in the series. I wanted to see these two completely happy and enjoying their HEA but now I have to wait until the next book comes out to wait for that. I'm completely destroyed! This was a good continuation of this story. We get to see how Evan and AJ work things out to get back to where they need to be to move forward. It's a slow process though and sometimes it was hard for me to focus. But we finally got the an ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Len Webster is a romance-loving Melburnian with dreams of finding her version of 'The One.' But until that moment happens, she writes. Having just completed her BBusCom from Monash University, Len is now busy writing her next romance about how a boy met a girl, and how they fell completely and hopelessly in love.

Facebook: @lennwebster
Twitter: @lennwebster
Instagram: @lennwebster
Pinterest

The Science of Unrequited (2 books)
  • The Theory of Unrequited (The Science of Unrequited #1)